Follow the fallen stars

By GreenWarrior291

After having dealt with the challenges of the Pleiades watchtower, Natsuki Subaru is summoned by an unknown d... More

Prologue
Pride Chapter 1: Into the fire
Pride Chapter 2: Burning passion
Pride Chapter 3: Hellish fire
Pride Chapter 4: Surrounded by flames
Pride Chapter 5: A Struggle Not Too Late
Pride Chapter 6: Plans in motion
Pride Chapter 7: Fight fire with fire
Pride Chapter 8: Putting out the flame
Wrath Chapter 1: Blindsight
Wrath Chapter 2: Colors
Wrath Chapter 4: Trust
Wrath Chapter 5: Pressure
Wrath Chapter 6: Despair
Wrath Chapter 7: Broken
Wrath Chapter 8: Patience
Wrath Chapter 9: Rescue
Wrath Chapter 10: Peace
Sloth Chapter 1: A calming environment
Sloth Chapter 2: Passing storm
Sloth Chapter 3: Coming together
Sloth Chapter 4: The lesson home
Sloth Chapter 5: A fated reunion
Sloth Chapter 6: Last day of peace
Aganau Chapter 1: Dangerous night
Aganau Chapter 2: Broken People
Aganau Chapter 3: Familiar ties
Aganau Chapter 4: The hard path
Aganau Chapter 5: A brutal encounter
Aganau Chapter 6: Uncertain future
Aganau Chapter 7: Defying Fate
Aganau Chapter 8: Unwavering strength
Aganau Chapter 9: Victory!
Aganau Chapter 10: Promise fulfilled
Aganau Chapter 11: Looking forward
Greed Chapter 1: Another world
Greed Chapter 2: Not correct.
Greed Chapter 3: Correction
Greed Chapter 4: Wits
Greed Chapter 5: Calculated
Greed Chapter 6: Knowledge
Greed Chapter 7: Cornered
Greed Chapter 8: Overcome
Greed Chapter 9: Check
Greed Chapter 10: Turnover
Greed Chapter 11: Head on
Greed Chapter 12: Compromise
Greed Chapter 13: Face off
Greed Chapter 14: Frozen Bonds
Greed Chapter 15: Have faith
Greed Chapter 16: Your choice
Greed Chapter 17: True to yourself

Wrath Chapter 3: Action

1.1K 51 4
By GreenWarrior291

Subaru was sent back to when he was chatting with Reinhard, having noticed that the place he is in was the Sword Saint's wagon. This caused him to think for a few seconds before looking at Reinhard, having noticed him say,

"There is no need for that, Subaru." Reinhard said as he looked as his friend with concern etched on his brows.

"...hm." Muttered Subaru as he looked around and orientated himself quickly.

'So this is where the checkpoint is.' Thought the looper, as he processed the information and planned his next options with the new variables of data.

"I hope that you can understand Subaru." Asked Reinhard as he was growing increasingly concerned at his old friend's erratic behavior.

"What if I can give you information on what you guys will be dealing with? Can I help out if I give you this information?" Proclaimed the boy with a resolute gaze at wronging the evils of this world.

"What do you mean, Subaru?" Inquired the sword saint as he tilted his head and tried to use his divine protection of empathy. Yet, all he read was determination from his friend which perplexed him, since this was never his fight to begin with.

Reinhard looked at his friend with a puzzled look, unsure on what Subaru is trying to say. Subaru himself realized that this probably wasn't the smartest thing to say. He let out a sigh before saying to Reinhard,

"Rein, I sort of know what devious machinations the Purge King has at his disposal. I also know who is working for him." Confessed Subaru as he didn't see the point of keeping this information to himself.

"Hm? How so?" Questioned the flame haired knight as he was starting to realize that his old friend hadn't merely been squandering his life away in sloth.

"I just...got the chance to figure things out, let's just leave it at that but first, do you know some guy name Cecilus or someone named Halibel?" Hesitantly asked Subaru as he tried to appear nonchalant, yet also worried that Reinhard would be able to see him distressed.

Reinhard took a pause at the question, wanting to answer Subaru's question to the best of his ability. After some time of thinking, he looked at his friend and responded in a calm manner:

"I'm aware of someone by the name Halibal, he is the Admirer of Kararagi if that is who you are referring to. As for Cecilus, I know him. We fought once. He was worthy of the Dragon Sword Reid to be unsheathed."

'So that's why those two are there. From what Wilhelm said and now Reinhard, this Natsuki Subaru recruited people that are capable of facing Reinhard. Hm. I got to hand it to you, bastard, you are pretty smart.'

Subaru thought this since he is puzzling things better in this loop, now having a slight advantage until he realized something, and continued his train of thought to one realization:

'You fucking prick. Hey Watcher asshole, I know you are listening.'

"Yes?" Breezily responded the anathema to all of Natsuki Subarus current problems.

'Why didn't you gave me Reinhard as my ally?! I can't do much with Frederica and Petra! No offense to them.'

Complained the half elf knight as his gaze took on a menacing expression.

"Do you really think that I can do something like that? I mean I can but..."

The watcher hesitated. He did not wish to reveal too much information, yet felt that the need to share certain tidbits was a necessary endeavor.

'Why the hell didn't you?!'

Angrily shouted Subaru in their two way telepathic communication, hoping to cause the bastard a headache.

"Look, don't keep this Reinhard waiting. He wants to know why you ask this troublesome question, so answer that but I'll say this. Anybody who is close to the power of the Witch of Envy is beyond my strength to bring into the other world's without causing the balance of power to break. Not to mention how dangerous that is for all of us."

Warned the watcher with a stern and slightly troubled tone. Subaru was angry at the watcher since he isn't explaining himself well yet he knew that he had to focus on the Reinhard of this world. He took a deep breath to calm himself down before looking at his friend, knowing that he needs to reveal what he knows:

"The Purge King has those two working for him." Remarked a frustrated black haired youth, as he ran his hands through his hair and started thinking of solutions to his problems.

"...Are you sure about that, Subaru? I don't know much about Halibel the Admirer but I know Cecilus the Blue Lightning wouldn't work with someone like the Purge King. Especially when he is working under the ruler of Vollachia." Said Reinhard as he stopped to think about the oddities of both of these legends working or collaborating with the Purge King.

"I...I don't know, then why is he working for the Purge King but trust me, he is." Exclaimed Subaru as he tried to get his point across to his dear friend.

"I know you aren't lying to me, Subaru. There is no need to worry about that. I'm just concerned about something."

Pondered Reinhard as he held a closed fist to his chin, while a myriad of ideas and scenarios crossed the esteemed sword saint's mind.

"What is it, Rein?" Hesitantly asked Subaru, as he felt dread pool up in his stomach.

"If Cecilus is here working under the Purge King, it makes me question what Vincent is up to." Explained Reinhard as his mind raced through myriad possibilities.

"Vincent?" Gasped the ignorant boy, as he hasn't ever heard that name before.

"The ruler of Vollachia." Affirmed Reinhard with a resolute expression.

"Ah. Yeah, I don't know either but for now we should come up with a new plan to beat the Purge King. He already knows you are coming."

The fierce eyed youth admitted while trying to find a possibility of a different good end.

"Are you sure, Subaru?"

Reinhard asked since this news was worrisome. Subaru had to think carefully on whether he should reveal to Reinhard at the very least that the Purge King is this world's Natsuki Subaru.

He closed his eyes with a lot of thoughts rushing to his mind:

'Reinhard and Otto still trusted me...though that could be due to the fact that the Purge King was getting away. Who knows but if I tell him...how will he react?'

Subaru had these thoughts in his mind, eventually coming to the conclusion that he should be honest considering that Reinhard will find out sooner or later. Before anything though, he answered with:

"Because Reinhard...the Purge King is Natsuki Subaru."

"Wait, I don't understand..." A befuddled expression crossed the sword saint for the first time as the contradiction truly threw him off balance.

"I know you don't know Rein, but it is true. Let me explain this without sounding crazy. I'm Natsuki Subaru, the same one that you met in the alleyway and in the loot house but I'm also from another timeline, one where Emilia-tan didn't go missing. One where there are five candidates instead of four and...one where I met your grandfather."

"..."

Reinhard did not know what to say to this, for the first time in his life, he was truly speechless. The information that was given to him was a little more than he thought, scratch that, a lot more than even he could have predicted.

He closed his eyes and processed all of the information Subaru gave him one by one. The first being that this Natsuki Subaru he is speaking with is from another world similar to this one.

Whether that is true is something he would need to determine for himself since if this particular information is true, then that leaves the fact that the Natsuki Subaru he had befriended and saved on two occasions had somehow become a villain.

Not only that but if what he is saying is true then this Natsuki Subaru in front of him knows about his grandfather, something that he alongside his father don't know anything about. Wanting to make sure that everything he heard is correct, he grabbed Subaru's shoulder to use his Divine Protection of Empathy while also having his Divine Protection of wind reading.

"Natsuki Subaru, I will ask this question, are you telling me the truth here?"

"Yes."

"Hm."

Reinhard could see that Subaru was not only telling the truth but was also honest, seeing that he isn't insane or anything of the sort. This made him sad since that would mean that he would be facing the Natsuki Subaru he had befriended 2 years ago. Reinhard was a little sad about that yet he kept his composure.

"Subaru, what is the new plan? I have faith that you know how to navigate against...yourself." Remarked Reinhard, yet the confusion of two different Natsuki Subaru's was still leaving him slightly puzzled

"Well Rein, we will need to inform Otto about this too. He is going to be the main leader of this new operation."

Confidently stated the youth with a game plan in his head. Reinhard nodded at Subaru before the two waited to arrive near the Purge King's base of operations. As the two leave their wagon, they encounter Otto. Similar to the last loop with the merchant asking Reinhard:

"Sword Saint, are you ready for this?"

"Otto...we might need to change the plan." Stated the reluctant sword saint as the new plan shared between Subaru and himself started unfolding.

"Huh? How come, Reinhard-san?" Asked the merchant with a perplexed expression, since this was not something discussed previously.

"Well..." Reinhard started yet hesitated since all of this new information threw him for a loop.

Reinhard had a tough time since he didn't know where to start. He looked at Subaru for a moment, hoping that he could tell Otto what was going on. The sword saint himself knows that he isn't the best conversationalist.

Subaru caught his friend's meaning and took a moment to think on what he could say. After a brief moment where he composed his thoughts, he finally spoke:

"Otto, there is some new information we have come to learn."

"What is it, Natsuki-san?" Curiosity won against the shrewd business acumen of the merchant.

"There is some information that is going to be hard to explain, such as the fact that the Purge King is another me." Exhaled a tired Subsru, as he felt the beginnings of another headache slowly forming.

"Another you?" Gasped Otto in an incredulous manner.

"I-It's tough to explain without confusing you but me and the Purge King are similar people yet different. Look, I just need you to trust me on this." Implored Natuski Subaru as he really didn't want the Otto of this works to be as taciturn as the one from his last trip.

"I don't know what you are trying to say, Natsuki-san but if the Sword Saint trusts you then I trust you."Boldy stated Otto with clear eyes, ready to do what's necessary for the mission.

"Yes Otto, I trust Natsuki Subaru." Interjected Reinhard hurriedlyz since he didn't want to leave any bad impressions.

"Then I trust you, Natsuki-san." Sighed the merchant as he absolved himself to his fate.

"Thanks Otto. I promise you won't regret this." Winked Subaru as he clapped his friend from another world on the shoulder, just like old times.

"I better not. Anyway, is there more information that we need to know?" Inquired Otto as he wanted to have a clear plan in his head.

"Yes, there are two powerful opponents that are supposed to be as strong as Rein himself. Cecilus the blue lighting and Halibel the admirer." Said Subaru with a grim expression.

"The Admirer of Kararagi and the Blue Lighting of Vollachia? What are they doing here?" Squeaked out Otto, as he was unprepared for the living myths to be at their destination.

"They are the guards of the Purge King. As for how he got them to follow him is unknown for now. We may find out along the way but first we have to come up with a new plan. The Purge King knows that we are coming. He knows the plan." Explained Subaru with a morose smile, as if he already knew the deck of cards was stacked against him

"What?! But how?" Questioned Otto as he started feeling as if things won't be going swimmingly today.

"He has his ways. I can't confirm anything but he is always a few steps ahead." Replied Subaru as he began explaining.

"Well then Natsuki-san, what can we do?"

"Well, we just change the strategy a bit." Stated Subaru as he begin doing rotating his neck and releasing built up gases in his muscles.

"How so?"

Reinhard asked with a curious voice, also wanting to know what Subaru could be planning. The boy smiled before telling them a plan, confident that he can beat The Purge King in this loop.

Reinhard and Otto took a moment to think on the plan Subaru gave them, questioning whether it was a good plan yet they didn't have any other plans to use. Otto wanted to confirm one thing, causing him to look at Subaru with a curious facial expression while asking,

"Are you sure that the Purge King will be fooled by this trap?" Asked Otto with a dubious expression on his face, as he saw it wasn't likely that someone wanted by all 4 kingdoms wouldn't have back up plans.

"Considering that he knows Rein is on his way, we might has well catch him off guard. Besides, we need someone to keep him distracted." Said Subaru as he waggled his finger at Otto, as if not to doubt him.

"Fair. Alright then, this is probably the only plan we have to replace the original."

"Yeah." Sighed Subaru, as he knew the slightest deviation could throw a wrench into his whole plan, and end it before it began.

Both Otto and Reinhard accepted Subaru's plan with Reinhard going to the knights to tell them of the new plan while Otto stayed with Subaru, having a few questions in his mind.

He looked at him with a serious facial expression before asking:

"Why are you willing to help us, Natsuki-san?"

"What do you mean, Otto?" Asked Subaru with a frown etched on his face. As if the question is absurd.

"Why are you going against yourself? If what you say is right that the Purge King is another version of you, then why are you fighting against yourself?" Otto explained hurriedly, not wanting to offend his new ally, but genuinely confused as to his intentions.

"Because...this world needs to be helped. If that means beating my evil selves, then that is something that needs to be done."Stated the grinning black haired knight, already looking forward to the confrontation he will have to endure.

"Hm. I think I understand, Natsuki-san. I just have one last question. What is the Otto Suwen of your world doing now?"

"Well you are the internal affairs minister of the Emilia Camp."

"Internal affairs?! How did I get myself into that?" Grunted Otto as he face palmed, while cursing his other self for breaking his free merchant spirit.

"Well...you were sorta put into that position. Hehe." Smirked Subaru as his lips were sealed. Yes sir, no way is going to tell this Otto how he cajoled his own Otto and bullied him to become their internal affairs minister.

Otto was caught off guard by this yet he was just silent for a moment before turning away, knowing that he needs some time to prepare himself for the new plan.

As Subaru was on his own for a moment, Wilhelm with the two maids approach him to see what is going on. Subaru looked up to see the three allies approaching him, all three a bit curious on what is happening.

"Subaru-dono, have we arrived to our location?" Wilhelm asked as this world seemed so familiar, yet different at the same time for the sword demon.

"Yes, though there is a slight change in plans." Winced Subaru as he knew he had to relay the new plan again.

Subaru began to explain the new changes to the original plans Reinhard and Otto had. The three were a bit hesitant with this since they don't know if Subaru's plan would even work.

"Without any disrespect, Subaru-sama, but this plan of yours requires great risk. Do you think that the Purge King would be distracted long enough for us to find and rescue Emilia-sama?"

Inquired a concerned Wilhelm, while he may seem a man how's lived rich experiences and has the vicissitudes of a hard earned life present. He be genuinely cares for the boy.

"I still think that Ferederica-neesama and I can help!" Complained a short maid as she pouted.

"We need someone here to take Emilia-tan to safety, Petra. That is why you and Frederica have an important role by staying here and protecting the escape ride." Smiled Subaru as he hoped that she would stay out of trouble.

"Are... you sure?" Petra looked with both a concern yet annoyed look, wishing to be by the boy's side. Subaru caught this and smiled before saying confidently,

"Trust me Petra, it is super important."

"Okay!"

Petra smiled as she along with Frederica went towards the wagons with Otto, Reinhard, and the knights all approaching the boy. Before they got close enough, Wilhelm looked at Subaru for a moment before looking at Reinhard and his group.

"Subaru-dono, do you feel well?"

"Why do you ask, Wilhelm?"

"I can tell in your eyes that you do not wish to face the Purge King. Something about this situation is causing you to have self doubt."

"I-I guess Wilhelm but I have to help them stop this threat. I don't want...the other me to be causing this amount of trouble for these good people."

"Hm. You have a good heart, Subaru-dono."

Wilhelm smiled as he patted Subaru in the back, showing how proud he is. Subaru was not sure on how to take this but he had to focus since the crew was all together now.

"Shall we get started, Natsuki-san?"

"Let's."

---------------------------------------

"What do you want us to do, boss?"

"Just be patient, Halibel. We just have to wait and see what my counterpart does. I doubt he is stupid enough to try the same trick as before."

"Before?"

"Nothing you need to be concerned about, Cecilus. Just be prepared for your long awaited battle with Reinhard van Astrea."

"Yes my liege."

Cecilus bowed his head before going back to his post, mentally preparing himself for the rematch he has been longing for.

As this happened, the Purge King looked at the door to the hallway, reflecting on what happened in the last loop.

'Someone killed me for sure. I need to find out who but aside from that, why is there two Natsuki Subarus in this world? What is his overall goal? Why does he have colors on him? I need to get all the information on this loop.'

The Purge King closed his eyes as he remembered seeing his counterpart, watching how serious he looked yet not stressed at all. This alerted him that if he really can loop, then he needs to have him subdued rather than killed.

'Well then other me, let this little battle between us begin.'

As he thought about this, he watched both his guards preparing their weapons for battle. He observed the two for a bit while he waited for his counterpart to take some sort of action.

He waited for a few long tedious minutes, prompting him to close his eyes and rest for a few seconds before hearing the doors open to his throne room.

This caused him to open his eyes to see who was entering. As he looked, he could see that it is a merchant, yet this one looked weird.

'He isn't the merchant from before and he isn't Natsuki Subaru due to no colors. Who is this one?' Pondered The Purge King as he began running calculations and possibilities in his head.

The Purge King gave a serious look before feeling a powerful aura all around the room, causing his two bodyguards to quickly get in front of him, knowing that this person is a big threat.

As the merchant was glowing for a moment, The Purge King just looked at the threat unamused, knowing from the aura that it had to be Reinhard van Astrea.

'Seriously? This is his plan? Send Rein. I mean, I guess it isn't a bad plan since he is the strongest card he has in his deck but why this early? It's like bringing your Queen out during an opening session of chess, however this is my counterpart. I must remain vigilant and aware.'

The Purge King tried to think of a number of possibilities on what his counterpart was planning. While distracted by this, Reinhard began to speak in a calm yet disappointed voice:

"Natsuki Subaru, it is a shame that you have become the Purge King." Reinhard stared at his old friend and tried to reconcile the image with the youth he met in the alley, however all he saw was a stranger looking at him.

"Is this my fault as well, I am so sorry Subaru, I've let you down. I should have paid more attention to the one I considered a true friend. Yet, I allowed you to lose your way. Truly, this... is all my fault."

Thought the conflicted sword saint as he felt the burden weigh even heavier in his shoulders than the

"And why is that, Rein?"Curiously asked The Purge King, as he calculated everything about the biggest obstacle in his path.

"Pity, I expected the legendary sword saint Reinhard Van Astrea to have color, yet he is as grey as the Cumulonimbus clouds when rain threatens to encroach. Truly, a pity." Thought The Purge King as another of his expectations was dashed.

"I would expect you to be with Emilia-sama, protecting her. Instead, I see my friend hurting and killing thousands of innocent people." Argued the frustrated and melancholic sword saint.

"First off, they deserve it. They are not to be trusted and are more likely to betray me just like you. I'm a bit surprised that you lack any color. Considering how you are supposed to represent justice and the "right way" but it seems you are a fraud like the others. Second, we are not friends. We only met two times and in those two times, you saved me. Just because we were friendly doesn't mean that we are friends." Spits out The Purge King as he cannot conceive of the concepts of friendships anymore, the idea lost track 14 months ago. There are only useful tools, or useless garbage.

"That does hurt that you think like that, Subaru." Sorrowfully said Reinhard, as another invisible weight doubled on his shoulders, to truly see someone he cherished and cared for be past redemption.

"Call me the Purge King. I have to keep a reputation. Besides, it makes it better to address me like that since you have a Natsuki Subaru with you as well." Confidently stated the Ruler of the domain they where situated.

"...Very well, Purge King." Muttered Reinhard as he cut away the endearing memories of the Natsuki Subaru he knew, and then concluded that there is only the Purge King in his way.

And he was granted special permission by all 4 nations to travel to Pandemonium. He had a flash of memory of the plan that the other Natsuki Subaru told him about:

("Remember Rein, you have to buy us time for Otto, Wilhelm, and I to free Emilia-tan. We are counting on you.")

'Don't you worry Subaru, I will not fail you.'

Reinhard had a smile on his face when he recalled this, feeling happy that he still has a friend that believes in him, even if this friend is from a different version of what he assumed was his friend from his world.

He looked at the Purge King for a moment before turning towards Cecilus, seeing the divine general preparing to face him. He stood staring at him for a moment before looking at Halibel, seeing the wolf man just chilling as if he is a spectator.

'Hm. I think I know how to distract the Purge King.' Thought Rein as flashes of inspiration occurred in the cacophony of his mind.

"Natsuki Subaru." Proclaimed The sword saint with a resolute expression and domineering aura.

"I told you to call me—" Before The Purge King could finish speaking, In an unusual move Rein interrupted him:

"Let me show you the power of the Sword Saint. If I lose here, I will join your cause. If I win, you must stop this senseless violence and prepare yourself for the trial that awaits you in Lugnica."

"Hmph. What do you have to gain by this? What do I gain here?" The Purge King mocked the offer, but the gleam in his eyes betrayed his tone. He was curious, to the outcome. Even with no colors and RBD, somehow the sword saint continued to impress.

"A powerful ally but I want to face both your guards." Spoke Rein with a tone that brokered no argument nor counteroffer.

"Halibel and Cecilus. Didn't think you'd be the type of person who would recklessly want to face two powerful foes at the same time." Chuckled The Purge King, as his interest grew even more.

"I'm full of surprises, Natsuki Subaru." Smirked Reinhard as he stood tall and with his full armor regalia.

"As if I'll buy this bullshit." Snorted The Purge King, as he had yet to see his doppelganger.

"I'm not lying. What reason would I have to be lying?" Asked Reinhard and with a voice filled with confidence, yet he had never been the best liar. And the small nuances on his face The Purge King picked up and rebuked:

"What is my counterpart up to?"

"He is awaiting the news of your defeat."

"Do you think of me as a fool?" Said The Purge King in an offended manner, as if everything he has done for the last year's was wasted on a happy to lucky knight and his reflection.

"A fool wouldn't have become this powerful and dangerous." Said the sword saint as he began braving himself for battle.

"Fair but still, I don't trust you." Exclaimed The Purge King as he had never trusted anyone for years now, last time he did he had hands wrapped around his neck.

Breathe, breathe, oxygen, isn't coming. "STOP RAM!."

"You killed my sissy, so die as a forsaken bastard, even if it's the last thing I do, I will end you with my bare hands." Angrily yelled Ram.

The brief memory was interrupted by Reinhard's next words:

"I'm telling you the truth, I wish to take on this challenge and stop you through this."

The Purge King paused himself for a moment.

'If he is telling the truth and he does lose somehow then...I'd literally become the most powerful king in all the four kingdoms. I'd be able to keep Emilia-tan safe and...keep her looked up...hm.'

The Purge King took a moment to think before finally coming up with an idea. And he explained it to his flame haired adversary:

"Okay then, no divine protections."

"Pardon me?"

"None of that bullshit. If you mean what you say, then fight without those damn hacks. Otherwise I'll just be on my way." The Purge King says this, knowing that regardless of what the Sword Saint does, he will still not be able to use his Divine Protections.

"Alright then, Natsuki Subaru."

"I told you that...wait, what did you say?"

"That I will fight without any of my divine protections."

"How do I know you are telling the truth?"

"As I told you before, what do I gain in lying?"

"Hm..."

There was a silence in the room, The Purge King being extremely warry of the Sword Saint while the Sword Saint himself turned off every single divine protection he has at his disposal.

As he does this, he waits for a moment until the Purge King finally allows the fight to happen. Seeing that Reinhard is too honest to lie, the Purge King looked at his fellow guards and gave them a nod, signaling that he is fine with it.

Cecilus was happy by this since he can get his rematch with Reinhard while Halibel was a bit worried of this, feeling that something ain't right. The two approached Reinhard with their weapons ready. As this happened, Reinhard could see that his Dragon Sword Reid had unsheathed, meaning that the fight ahead is going to require the sword's strength.

As he holds the handle and points the weapon towards the two mythical guards of the Purge King, he asks in a curious yet serious tone of voice:

"Why are you doing this? Both of you."

"Boss helped me out with an issue in Kararagi, so I owe him for that."

"..."

"What?"

"Nothing, just a bit surprised by your response. I did not mean any disrespect with my silence."

"You are good, Sword Saint."

"Why are you fighting for the Purge King, Cecilus?"

"He promised me a fight with you. He delivered." Replied Cecilius as he brushed his long hair out of the way. While his eyes sparked with anticipation for the Legendary battle he would take part of.

"Why? Why are you working for someone like him? He has killed thousands of people." Uttered the sword saint, not understanding the motivations of people as strong as him following a dark path with no redemption.

"And? All I want is your sword but the only way to get it is by taking you down." Cecilius finalized the inquiries from his opponent as he gazed at him and got in his stance ready to attack, when given the signal.

Seeing Cecilus' reason, Reinhard knew that he will have to give it his all if he wants to beat both the Blue Lightning and the Admirer. He points his sword towards the two for a brief moment before getting into his fighting stance.

"From the line of Master swordsman, Reinhard van Astrea."

"The Blue Lightning of Vollachia, Cecilus Segmunt."

"The Admirer of Kararagi, Halibel."

The three stood silent for a moment before a fight broke out with Cecilus and Reinhard clashing weapons while Halibel stayed in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to strike.

Reinhard was still a bit more skilled than Cecilus yet he kept in mind that Halibel was still around, waiting for the right moment to strike.

'I must be careful, Cecilus is really going all out and Halibel is waiting for me to let my guard down. Despite how threatening this situation looks, I must carry out the plan.'

Reinhard smiled as he was confident that he can hold his two opponents off without the need of his divine protections.

----------------------------------------------

Subaru, Otto, Wilhelm, and the knights all slowly move their way into the Purge King's fortress, having had Reinhard take out the guards. As they slowly moved their way inside, Otto looked at Subaru for a moment before looking forward.

"Natsuki-san, mind if I ask why you are in my merchant attire?"

"If people recognize me, it'll alert the Purge King."

"Why can't we use that to get us through?"

"He...he looks so different to me. That and I don't think they are that stupid."

"Fair."

"Come, let's go."

Subaru lead the group inside with Wilhelm standing next to him, being his bodyguard. The group moved in slowly to avoid causing a scene. As they were slowly moving up towards the second floor, the group noticed a couple of guards patrolling the floor.

"Wilhelm, Otto, we need to knock them out."

"We are on it, Subaru-dono." Remarked Wilhelm as his instincts honed themselves to mastery.

"Yes." Sighed Otto.

Both Wilhelm and Otto together sneaked towards the three Purge King mercenaries. As they were closing in, Otto grabbed one by the neck while Wilhelm without hesitation began beating on the two mercenaries.

Wilhelm caught the two mercenaries off guard by this and easily knocked them down with a few punches to the gut and to the face while Otto choked the mercenary out after a bit, assuring that he didn't kill him nor that he was getting up.

As the two stood while the three knocked out Mercenaries were on the ground, the others joined in with Subaru looking at the two impressed.

"Wilhelm, that was amazing." Said Subaru with an admiring tone, while he suppressed his jealousy at not being as strong.

"Thank you, Subaru-dono."

"You also did pretty good, Otto."

"That is kind of you, Natsuki-san."

"Hm. We should get moving, Emilia-tan is here somewhere."

"We will find her Subaru-dono."

Subaru nodded at Wilhelm before the group continued to move forward, all the knights eager to fight the mercenaries. As the group continued around the second floor, they could feel a slight shaking for a brief moment.

This caused them to get themselves prepared for a fight before the shaking stopped.

"What was that?" One of the knights with green hair said. Wilhelm looked at him for a moment before looking forward to the empty hallway.

"That was the Sword Saint. He must be using his power against the two guards of the Purge King."

"Seems like he is being pushed back."

"Then we best be moving and fast, right Natsuki-san?"

"Right."

The boy nodded at Otto before they continued to move, this time with more haste since they know that they are running out of time. As they start running down the long hallway, the group eventually came across a couple of Mercenaries.

"This is bad. What do we do now, Natsuki-san?"

"Let's get out of here, now. We can't afford fighting them."

"Okay."

The knights, Wilhelm, and Otto nod at Subaru and quickly get out of sight before the mercenaries could spot them. As they all went into random rooms, Otto and Subaru both entered one that seemed to look like it belong to someone's room. Due to the state of the room, it felt lived in.

"Um...Natsuki-san, where did we just enter?"

"Seems like it is someone's room...but who's?" Puzzled Subaru over this bizarre situation.

As the two boys were questioning this, they could hear someone trying to enter the room. This prompted the two boys to quickly go and hide. Otto hid under the bed while Subaru hid in the closet, the two with their weapons ready in case things go crazy.

As the two were hiding, the door opens with Otto having a hard time seeing who it could be while Subaru was able to see a glimpse of the person that entered the room.

'Why does she look so familiar?'

Subaru thought for a moment before he recalled something from the previous loop. Before the Purge King and himself looped, he saw a glimpse of long blonde hair which he is seeing right now.

'Who could this person be—?'

As Subaru had this question in his mind, he could sense that the person was approaching the closet, causing him to realize that this probably wasn't a good idea.

'Crap! Crap! Crap! What the hell do I do?'

As he was thinking this, he held his whip tightly in his right hand, mentally prepared for what was going to happen. As the door to the closet opens, the boy tries to make a run for it, startling the person that was in front of him.

As Subaru was about to escape the room, he felt his arm get grabbed. Before he could react, the person had immense strength to throw him to the wall. As he ended up hitting the wall, he could hear the person's voice say to him,

"What are you doing here?!"

"...w-wait a minute...I recognize that voice..."

Subaru looked up to see in horror that he was right, it was someone familiar to him.

"F-Frederica!"

The person in front of him had a maid outfit, similar to Petra and the Frederica of his world. She had sharp teeth, long blonde hair, green eyes, and an angry expression on her face, as tears came rushing out, it did not diminish the hostile aura she unleashed.

'What did my version of this world do to you, Frederica?'

----------------------------------------------

Author's note:

I want to thank Oteyspinster for helping me with this chapter. As for the story itself, wrath if will be maybe one to two chapters longer than Pride if. You'll see why in the next few chapters but hopefully you all will enjoy what I got in mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 243 9
You were just normal person with a normal life and you were just suddenly teleported to one of the most dangerous anime worlds with the original body...
20.4K 600 18
Subaru Emiya-Tohsaka, a magus, was on the hunt after a dead apostle until suddenly being transported to a another world. How will the world and it's...
1.9K 49 15
[666] gave him two choices: End the world or Become the last Devil. However, why did the sacrificial choice seem wrong? Why did he have to be alone t...
3.1K 66 13
A parachuting Canadian sniper doesn't know what he is getting into when he lands on the front lawn of a certain manor. I do not own the rights to re...