Poisonous Love. [EDITING]

Por melaninwritess

BWWM** Seventeen year old aaliyah brown has the hands of an angel and has been gifted with a god given talent... Más

disclaimer
cast
i got my acc back
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
character q & a
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
character q & a answered
forty-seven
forty-eight*
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one*
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
announcement!
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
im so sorry:(
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
Reader Predictions
seventy-three*
seventy-four
epilouge 1/3
epilouge 2/3
epilouge 3/3
Spin-off

until next time <3

1.8K 35 38
Por melaninwritess

i cant believe i'm about to say this but

that's a wrap.

i cant believe that this book is officially over,it does not seem real AT ALL.

i started this book last year in october and i'm just now finishing it.

this is so sentimental to me because not only is this my first time loving a book that i've wrote but it's also my first time finishing a book.

every other book that i've written has barely gotten half way before i unpublished it or deleted it.

so it's crazy to think that now i'm completely done with this.

i think i wasn't as hard on myself for this book,and since i took my time writing and didn't force myself to work when i didn't want to,it really worked out in everyone's favor.

before i completely end this book for good,first i wanna talk about my nee book that is already out.

i've been waiting to finish this book to start the other one back up but now that this one is over,we're only going up.

this book is called 'opposites attract'

i'll give y'all a little preview slash peek at the plot.

the cover. (made by me)

so the story is about a girl named kilani 'beautiful' braxton,who is in her third year of college. she's very pure and kind hearted. she's kinda quiet but she has a beautiful personality,just like her name,and she is such a gorgeous soul. like you know when you can just tell someone's a good person by the way they look,she's one of those people. She's into soccer and she's religious but she's also kind of in her older siblings shadow. her older siblings are really successful business people and her mom and sister are always kinda forcing her to live up to those standards. she's missed out on a lot of her college experience but she really thinks this year could be different for her.

On the other side of campus is Keith Davis. He's a third year college student with a confidence personality and a reputation to match. He's a football sensation and every bodies eyes are on him 24/7. Everyone knows him,he's a social butterfly and he's friends with basically everyone. he's not necessarily cocky but definitely a little close minded and stubborn. He's been living it up for the past two years in college and is ready for another amazing year. He's attractive,he's built,he's funny but he's also kinda unlabeled and has really bad commitment issues. he doesn't like to be tied down and he's kind of a free spirit. he's smart and good at school but he could use someone to mend his broken heart.

Beautiful and Keith meet at an ice cream shop that she works at and for some odd reason,after their first encounter they just can't stop running into eachother. keith takes interest in her and vise versa but of course the stubbornness gets in the way for both of them.

how will they turn out?? read to find outttt.

anyways back to me.

second of all,i wanna answer some questions that people have asked me about this book and just some of my own i guess.

1.) is this your first bwwm book?

personally,yes. i did write a remake of a movie i liked called 'the hate u give' where the main character was black with a white boyfriend and i've also written a few fanfics that were the same case. but this is my first book where the storyline was created and written by me that was bwwm. so an original i guess you could call it.

2.) what inspired you to write this book?

i've been on wattpad for like four years now and up until like  november of last year (2020) i only read fanfics. i never read bwwm or any originals. i was coming out of a really really big dolan twins phase and i needed something else to read about,which is when i came upon bwwm and bmbw stories so that's kinda where the inspo came from. just following different authors and liking their writing. some of my favorite authors are astoldbylani wheadee -MELANINORIGINALS MIDNXGHTSUN Bretaughtyou  goldmelanin17  UniqueAlexJ

i'm still new to this whole black author thing so i don't have many but these are some of the girls or women that really inspire me to write. they are so talented and i really love their different writing styles.

3.) on a scale from 1-10,how much do you enjoy writing?

probably a cool 7 or 8. some days are better than others but overall i love being able to create my own ideas and plots. some days i have no inspiration,other days i cant stop writing them down in my notes app. the only complaint i really have about writing is that my fingers start hurting bad and i get cramps in my arm.

4.) how do you keep up with all of your ideas for your stories?

i just use the notes app. i use the little check box and just check them off as i write them.

ex.

5.) how accurate were the reader predictions?

they were extremely accurate,it was kinda scary cause it felt like y'all bugged my phone and looked at my notes. everything y'all commented was already an idea in my head for the end of this book. the idea of aaliyah becoming a famous artist and aaron joining the nba,it was all in my notes and has been for the past like 3 months,so i was genuinely surprised.

6.) would you ever do a bmbw book?

of course,i love black love books,it's just really annoying bc most of them on wattpad are centered around like 'the hood' and this gangster lifestyle and it rlly annoys me. it kinda reminds me of how Hollywood treats black actors and how they can never just make a regular movie about regular black people. they always have to be an activist or struggling financially in some way shape or form,so i would love to break that cycle.

7.) is writing your favorite subject in school?

it's kind of a 50/50 answer. i enjoy reading A LOT and writing just as much. it's just that a lot of the books and assignments are boring and i do much better when they let me kind of work on my own time and with my own ideas. i hope that makes sense.

8.) is the reason you're in summer school because of this book?

partly yeah because i was always so focused on reading and writing on wattpad that i couldn't focus. but also the pandemic caused me to transfer to online and it just wasn't for me. i became lazy and unmotivated and i wasted a lot of time. so yeah,this book is part of the reason i'm still in school in july but so be it. it already happened so i can't really change it now.

9.) what are some of your favorite bwwm books?

i have a reading list called 'bwwm 2021' if you scroll down on my profile you'll see it,those are all of my favorites as of right now.

10.) is smut hard for you write?

overall yeah,it's easy for me to read and think about but when it comes to writing it i do struggle. but i've improved a lot in my opinion over these last couple of months. from Aaliyah and Aaron's first smut scene to their most recent one,you can see i used a lot of big words that i didn't before. i'm not exactly where i want to be in that category but i've definitely gotten more comfortable with writing it.

11.) would you ever write a book about a non african american black character?

of course! i'm open to writing about all different types of black ethnicities,cultures and skin tones. i've been thinking about writing a book with a Jamaican/carribean or african character but i only know some things about those cultures and although google exists,there's some stuff that can't be researched about those cultures that i'll probably never know about. you kinda have to be apart of it and grow up around it to know them,and since i'm AA and so are all of my friends,my knowledge is very slim when it comes to those categories.it does scare me because i don't wanna step on anybodies toes or disrespect anybodies culture but if i took the time to research and learn about them,it would probably be a good year or so before i actually got around to writing a book about one. but i'm up for a challenge.

12.) who is your favorite character in the story besides the main characters? and who do you think is the funniest?

probably junior or miles,because they're so underrated and they give such good advice. they're such good guys too like everything terrible that men do,i made sure to not make them do. they're so sweet🥺

also the funniest would definitely be anthony. he's not talked about a lot in this book but i kinda wanted him to be like the kid in the back of the class that makes everybody laugh and always gets in trouble for it.

13.) who is a character you wish you would've gotten to write more about?

junior,i love him and his family so i wish i would've incorporated him and monica into the story more. he's definitely a favorite of mine.

14.) what are some ideas for this book that ended up getting butchered?

i had an idea written in my notes for aaliyah and miles' mom to come back during their graduation and try to make amends with them. but after seeing how the book was going and how smooth the ending was,i decided against it.

i also had another idea to make an epilogue about aaliyah,destiny and aaron moving into college and getting settled in,but somehow that one disappeared too.

15.) what were some last minute ideas that randomly got thrown into the book?

miles getting a scholarship into ucla and them all having kids was kinda spur of the moment.

16.) on a scale from 1-10,how would you rate ur writing skills?

i'm not too cocky or confident about them,but i think they're above average so i'd say a 7 or 8

17.) what has been the biggest accomplishment in this journey so far for you?

finishing this book has definitely been the highlight of my so called 'career'. that and getting 16k reads. i remember reading something from one of my favorite authors i'm pretty sure it was wheadee  about not looking at the number on the screen because eventually they will come. i followed her advice and sure enough the viewers started rolling in.

18.) what is some advice that you have for your viewers if they are looking to write a book?

don't care about the numbers or updating or people's comments. some days will be better than others but if you keep pushing and write what you want when you want,you will really find enjoyment in the situation as a whole. write the kind of stories you like to read is the advice that i took from wheadee .

19.) how do i get reads on my stories?

don't worry too much about the numbers. advertise in other ppls comment sections (respectfully) and look for like bwwm or black love recommendation books. they're books that give ppl recommendations on books to read,so if you dm the author or comment and ask nicely then they'll most likely recommend your book in theirs.here's the one i recommended mine in.

FAQ about me.

1.) how old are you?

how old do you guys think i am? guess before i tell you.

-

i'm 16.

2.) what grade are you in?

i'm going into junior year,scary.

3.) can you show us a picture of you?

i actually don't know if i'm down to the idea of showing my face on here because i have a huge fear of the people from the school finding this book,which is why i don't link any of my personal social media or anything. but maybe i'll update this one day and do it.

i kinda feel bad for not showing my face but i have extremely bad anxiety and if anybody found out that i do this i'd probably cry myself to sleep. i've kept this part of my life private for the past four years,i'd kinda like to keep it that way<<33

4.) have you ever had a boyfriend?

nope.

5.) was this book inspired by your life?

actually no,most of this book is just my pure imagination. but the small details like riley's fish and ribs and the beauty salon and stuff like that are places in my small town that i have memories of going to. don't try to look up any of those restaurants either because most of them i tweaked to match the story,so the names don't match or exist.

6.) where are you from?

i'm not gonna say what city but i'm from michigan

7.) would you ever date a white boy?

i have a strong dislike for a lot of white people but if they're not racist and have common sense then yeah,i would be up for it. i don't have a racial preference so.

8.) who in the story has a special place in ur heart?

james.
enough said.

9.) do you write/read wattpad in public?

all the time. i wrote the last chapter in the barbershop while my nephew was getting his hair cut. it can be awkward when ppl ask what ur doing but i just brush it off or lie. besides,my wattpad settings are on dark mode and i turn my brightness down.

10.) how has this book changed your life?

personally,this book has a very special place in my heart as well as all of you do. you have all impacted my life drastically. for the past year,i've been having a really hard time with my mental health,and wattpad is where i spend most of my time trying to block that out. i've never had a fan base on this app or gotten any type of publicity but ever since i started this book i've gotten so many comments and votes. it's not a crazy amount or anything but even when i got like 50 reads,i would thank you guys because it just makes me happy. i'm really sappy and sensitive so that type of stuff really sticks with me. i never thought that i would ever be finishing a book on wattpad,especially given my last circumstances but here we are. i had so much faith in this book and this is literally like a dream. literally every comment that comes up i try to reply to because it's so fun and keeps me entertained. it also lets me know that people are reading which makes me motivated. this has been the best experience of my life which i know is kinda dramatic but my life's pretty boring so stuff like this is remembered. thank you all so much for watching me grow and being here for me. i cant wait to see where this book goes. it really does shock me that in a few seconds i'll  be pressing the complete button and this book will have passed. i don't know where i see myself in a year on this app but i hope that you all are here as well. i hope you all enjoyed this story and the ups and downs that came with it. it truly was a blessing in disguise. a big farewell to aaliyah,aaron and the rest of the cast because my new book is starting. i'll miss this book but i'll never forget it or the rest of you. thankyou so much for allowing me to express myself on here.
i love you all<3
-Janiyah

started on october,30th,2020

finished on july 29th,2021 at 7:05Pm

<3

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

436K 22.5K 63
The first time Travis ever laid eyes on Aaliyah he fell in love with her smooth chocolate skin and her gorgeous smile . He's determined to do whatev...
731 79 9
There was never an us. You made it clear four years ago and I am making it clear now. Ian betrayed his childhood friend and destroyed their friendshi...
22.8K 1.7K 31
Book 2, Second Generation Only daughter of Zion & Gianna, twin sister of Saul, and Princess of.. a bodyguard? Kayla James-Kingsley didn't expect a ch...
2.7K 93 24
Ionie Harrison is a A+ athletic student who what's to become valedictorian for her class and get into the top schools to become a pediatrician when...