For Keeps

By coffee-an-flowers

It's a Canadian Christmas with Jon/Kurt & Cary--all the warm crowded gatherings and frosty winter adventures... More

FOR KEEPS | aesthetic & playlist.
1. St. Aidan's queer choir.
2. Christmas spirit.
3. A hundred little ways.
4. Fight me.
5. Taking care.
6. The birthday boy.
7. Toy Tree party.
9. No end date.
10. Plain good bread.
11. The Jon-cave
12. The Viking in me.
13. Wall of Jell-O.
14. Kiss me I'm Danish.
15. The valley.
15. If you need it you can have it.
16. Eight-hundred pound gorillas.
17. All Jon's sh*tty stories.
18. Cleaning out my closet.
19. Glad to be alive.
20. Chi chi frou frou doo dads.
21. Not my birthday.
22. This family is never going to be the same.
22. Long-jeray from your mom.
23. Jesus is a brown dude.
24. Making room.
25. Hungry things in the dark.
26. High maintenance gay.
27. Who looked after you.
28. How to do an exorcism.
29. Sunrise over Annette Lake.
30. Wholesome Christian dads.
31. When are we?
32. Those old promises.
33. Husband and husband.
34. Drag battle armour.
35. So done.
36. What you prefer.
37. The other side.
38. Sexy sober friends.
39. Last shift.
40. Darla Kickingbird.
41. Girly and gay.
42. Drag queens LIVE at the Wonderlounge!
43. The straight ace and the honeymooners.
44. The beautiful person you are in the world.
45. Healing hands.
46. Want to be heard.
47. A new page for Angel Domingo.
48. Zip your lip.
49. Ghost of Christmas present.
50. The mothering-est mom.
51. No a*holes in your family.
52. Everlasting arms.
53. Care Bear hugs.
54. Meet the lovely Greta.
55. Miyo-manitowi-kîsikanisik is Merry Christmas in Cree.
56. Family Christmas hoo-ha. (The happy ending)
BONUS Chapter | Very first time.
New For Us scenes!

8. Special for you.

177 21 20
By coffee-an-flowers

{Jon}

At 8 'o clock, after a full evening with his sisters' constant chatter and all the White family Christmas nostalgia, Jon was wishing he'd had a nap instead of a shower and supper. There wasn't enough time in the world for how much he wanted to sleep. The only thing he loved more than sleep right now was making his boyfriend sing with pleasure under his hands in the dark at the end of the day. It was a moment of happiness so absorbing that all his worries and responsibilities blinked out of existence and he was just Jon loving Kurt.

At other times of day, caught up in the seriousness of everything he'd committed to, Jon worried that there was something wrong with him. His thoughts had become so narrowed that he really only had space for the next assignment, the next class, the next shift, the next time he could put his hands on Kurt. And sleep. No more than one day ahead.

His sisters were helping clean up (Bea was actually just licking out the lasagna dish) when Kurt caught Jon's arm, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "Hey, mind if I steal you away?" he asked. "Douglas says he'll look after the girls. Meet me in my bed in five?"

Jon's mouth lifted and he nodded. A little bump of anticipation made his heart rate pick up and he felt like maybe he didn't need that nap after all.

After four minutes of making small talk with Cary he couldn't wait any longer. He jogged up the stairs and tapped on Kurt's door, then swung it open.

Kurt jumped onto the bed, his robe spread around him like the wings of a bird, and grinned.

The room was not recognizable; it was like stepping into a pocket universe of candlelight and jazz fusion and the smell of beeswax and roses, all held within the embrace of lush red curving fabric walls. Dazed, Jon closed the door behind him. Something cool touched his foot through his sock and he shied back before he realized there were rose petals carpeting the floor. After a second, his eyes adjusted to the warm, flickering light and he could see that Kurt had hung a tent over his bed, the fabric sides pooling on the floor around his room. A sea of candles lined a rose-petal strewn path to the bed.

Jon blinked, his breath catching as he brought his eyes back down to Kurt's face.

Kurt had his fingers over his mouth, watching him. "I wanted to get you something for your birthday but it was a little short notice. All I have to give you is me."

Jon turned his face to the side, overwhelmed. His eyes wandered up over the sides of the tent again. "This is amazing, Kurt. It's like something out of a fairy tale."

"C'mere," Kurt said, patting the bed beside him. "Come inside my fancy blanket fort. This doesn't have to be anything more than back rubs and stories like we planned. I just wanted tonight to feel...special for you, on your birthday."

Laughing a little, Jon picked his way through the candles and climbed onto the bed, rolling onto his back to admire the peak of the tent. "Does Cary know you put bolts in his ceiling?"

Kurt chuckled. "I can always fill them back in. If I ever go back to a tent-free room. I kinda like it this way." He laid down on his side, pulling Jon closer.

*Some playful 14A sexy stuff ahead...*

Jon's arm brushed the skin of his stomach; Kurt was nearly bare under his robe. The familiar scent of candles and Kurt's musky hair product made his body warm and relax, tuning him into just this moment. Jon started to unbutton his flannel shirt, but Kurt batted his fingers away.

"It's your birthday, darlin'. I'm doing all the work tonight. You just lie back and enjoy the ride." His fingers started to open Jon's shirt with what felt like agonizing slowness.

Jon protested wordlessly, pressing his palms into the bed. Kurt bit his lip, his eyes crinkling at him. "What?" he asked softly. "Am I not doin' it right?" He nuzzled his face into the skin he was exposing, kissing Jon in the corners and curve of his rib cage and belly. Jon shivered and sighed, trying not to take over and do it himself.

Finally Kurt tugged his shirt free from his waistband and laid it aside. "Was that so hard, love?" he teased.

"Wrong question," Jon said drily.

Kurt's eyes danced with laughter as he stroked his hand enticingly over the front of Jon's pants. "Hm, what should I take off next? I think we better get your socks off."

Jon groaned, laughing as Kurt left the button of his pants untouched and instead knelt on the bed to peel off his socks. Jon twitched and wiggled. "It makes me so uncomfortable to have you take my socks off."

"Are you ticklish?" Kurt glanced mischievously at him, as he stroked the bottoms of Jon's bare feet.

Jon giggled, curling up and pulling his feet away protectively. "No," he said in spite of clear evidence to the contrary. "I just want to take off my own socks."

"I'm just practising," Kurt said, rolling him onto his back and slinging a leg over Jon's hips. "For when you're a decrepit old man who can't bend down to put on his own socks."

Jon drew in a breath, taking in the length of Kurt's body above him, the warmth of his smile, the glint in his eyes. The idea of growing old together, of watching the laugh lines come in around Kurt's mouth and walking hand in hand more and more slowly over the years did something to his heart. He felt himself unlocking and opening to let Kurt in, the hinges of his innermost parts stiff with disuse. If he could have Kurt Visser for all those years, it would be a gift beyond his ability to measure.

Half Jon's mouth smiled. "When I'm a decrepit old man you'll be even older, Visser. I'll be pushing you around in wheelchair."

Kurt's fingertips pressed into the skin of his chest, finding a melody that he bent to re-trace with the flicker of his tongue. "Imagine the wheelchair races in our old folks home," he said.

Jon laughed, but it cracked and he took Kurt's hand and put it where he needed it. "Please just take my pants off already," he whispered.

Kurt hummed to himself. "It would be my pleasure."

Jon lost time under the warm weight of Kurt's body, the stroke of his hands and the touch of his mouth. He tried to hold out for his partner to come with him, where Kurt pressed into the soft flesh at the top of his leg, but Kurt's fingers were playing him expertly, making a melody that was now familiar and also exquisitely new each time.

"Kurt--I can't--" Jon said breathlessly and then laughed as he came, fingers tangled in Kurt's sweat-damp hair.

Kurt flopped onto the bed next to him, grinning. "Happy birthday, love," he said. "How did you like your present?"

Still shuddering with residual waves of pleasure, Jon curled towards him. "I love you, Kurt Visser." He slid a hand over Kurt's hip under his robe, "C'mere--let me finish you," he said softly.

Kurt pulled free, a mischievous light in his eyes. "Oh nope. You're not lifting a finger tonight, Jonny-Jon."

Speechless, Jon lifted his empty hands, then spread them over the front of his own body. "But--you're my favourite part."

Kurt paused, tipping his face at him, then leaned over to kiss the corner of Jon's mouth, stroking his cheek. "I have never been with a man like you, Jonathon White," he said. His lips curled in a smile. "But it's still no."

*...annnd 14 and unders you may resume reading here lol*

Kurt dug in the pillows and pulled out the bottle of massage oil. "You just have time for a back rub and then you need to sleep. I'm sending you to your twelve hour shift as full as I can make you."

Giving in, Jon let Kurt turn him on his face. It felt like an embarrassing over-abundance of pleasure for Kurt to be stroking his hands over his shoulders, the smell of the oil blending with the rich fragrances in the room, but he couldn't deny how much tension he was carrying in his body day after day with little time and no space in the library to stretch.

"Tell me about your kids, Jon," Kurt said. "What stories have I missed?"

Jon smiled in the dark made by his arms, and told Kurt about Jordin getting the part of a sugar plum fairy in the Christmas play, and Dusty's letters to his mom, and Darla Kickingbird praying the tent. Kurt was quiet when he was finished, working a knot out of Jon's right shoulder, then he said.

"Where's she at? Dusty's mother."

Jon named the treatment centre in southern Alberta.

"That's a good one," Kurt said. "Their rehab program will kick your ass or kick you out on your ass if you're not serious. If she made it this far, that's a good sign." His hands slid to knead Jon's left shoulder. "I'll put in a good word for her this week."

"Hm? With who?" Jon asked. "That's confidential, I shouldn't have told you her name."

Kurt chuckled wryly. "With her Creator, love. We pray at the end of our AA meetings. Or at least, we have a minute for people to pray silently if they want. I'll hold Darla Kickingbird up every night 'til I hear she's out and back with her kids. That's a hell of a journey, but she's got two good reasons to make it through."

A moment ago, Jon had thought it wasn't possible for him to love Kurt more than he already did, but he felt his heart stretching open even wider. He hadn't known that Kurt still prayed to anyone. On a day he wasn't so tired he wanted to ask all the questions about that.

"Cary had to tell me what day it was today," Kurt said lightly. "Why don't you celebrate your birthday, Jon?"

His fingers were rubbing up Jon's neck and into his hair and Jon felt himself sliding close to sleep. "It doesn't seem important," he said, his voice muzzy against the blankets. "It's just another day."

"You're important," Kurt said, kissing Jon's shoulder and stroking the muscle over his tattoo.

Jon was quiet, feeling in the pit of his stomach how small and inadequate he was for most things, most days. "I don't think I am," he said.

Kurt's hands stilled and he leaned his forehead between Jon's shoulders. "Oh love." He wrapped his arms around Jon's chest. "Strongly disagree." The words brushed his skin and Jon relaxed, letting himself be held, like he did the second before he tapped after a good match.

He fell asleep with Kurt's fingers rubbing his scalp through his hair and slept so deeply he was aware of nothing around him.

When Kurt shook him awake, Jon realized he'd been drooling on the pillow, and blushed as Kurt laughed. "How late are you going to be up?" Jon asked him, climbing back into his pants.

Kurt put a thumb in his book. He'd put on a pair of Jon's joggers and a warm shirt under his robe and his eyebrows lifted with interest behind his glasses. "A couple hours maybe, why?"

"I'll text you when night chores are done to talk." Jon smiled. "Or possibly immediately on arrival. I have all night to get to the laundry."

Kurt's mouth curled. "Sure I'll wait for you."

"Seven o' clock in the morning is going to come pretty early," Jon said, worried.

Kurt shrugged. "Weekend's coming. I got nothing on Saturday but sleeping and playing Christmas carols and catching a minute with you in your study breaks."

Jon paused, arrested by that idea. "Wow. What would that be like? To actually have a weekend off."

Kurt narrowed his eyes in a smile. "Right? You should quit living vicariously through me, love, and get some time off yourself."

2006 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 52.5K 51
"Just try it, it will feel amazing." She said wiggling it in front of my face. "Ew, God no." I replied, knocking it under the car seat "You're such a...
1M 34.7K 29
Travis Ortega finally asked the boy he's been crushing on for a year on a date. On that date, they shared tales about each other. Their likes, dislik...
6.8K 327 17
Once Caleb reached the bottom of the stairs he quietly opened the door and tiredly switched on the light "Jayden it isn't morning yet buddy you need...
1.3M 59.2K 36
Jason Williams didn't think going out to dinner with his family was going to be any different than usual. Comments about his sexuality, some teasing...