Walking in the Dark [Down Dra...

Af SMakenzieJ

Schuyler and her best frined Kay don't know what they're in for when Schuyler walks in on the person murderin... Mere

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty-One - End

Part Ten

387 4 2
Af SMakenzieJ

My life story is simple. My parents were killed, I lived on the streets for a while, almost died, The Lord found me, changed me, one of the great Four Kings adopted me, and I became beat friends with the most important king. He had a wife and a happy life.

And then they came.

They ruined everything.

I had learned that the Lord was watchig over some human girl. For a while, and that got me to thinkig. For as long as the Lord was watching this girl, how did she not age? How did she not die? Who was his human?

Once I had The nerve to ask the Lord. He just laughed and said she was someone special to him. When I asked his wife, Charolette, she too had smiled and laughed. "That girl is very special, you see," she said, "It is important that she is safe." Then she laughed and walked away.

A few weeks after that there was a war alert. And every warrior, including myself, went out to battle. Because of that, we couldn't watch over that human girl. And because of that, we lost her. For almost two decades we looked for her, and then finally, we did. And she had changed not one bit since I last saw her. The Lord had told me that her 'parents' were here parents since they themselves were in their teens. Or were. They're dead now. It's sad, yes, but nothing can be done but to find the bastards who killed them.

The war itself was between vampires and vampire hunters + the High Council.. Of course the hunters were killed after the war was over, but still.

"Markus? I said that we needed to hurry and figure a plan. We onl have a week for my sister and it takes about the same length of time for a newborn. We'll have to run over the reason after they're both changed," the Lord said to me.

"Yeah, well, Schuyler will be in much more pain than Kay will be." We both heard a scream towards the other room. "Has it begun?!"

He nodded. "24 hours ago."

"We need to hurry and change her!" I started to pace but then thought better of it.

"Go ahead and change her. I'll stay with Skye." We took off to the next room over.

"Schuyler, what's wrong?! I'm here, honey, I'm here!" Kay was screaming and crying. And Schuyler. Schuyler was screaming bloody murder. Her eyes were wide and bloodshot. She was thrashing about the bed she was laying on, Kay holding her down. A second went by and Lord Amir was at her side within seconds. I could hear what he was saying, buy I was too worried about Kay at that moment.

I took her face in my hands and looked at her. "You need to come with me," I said. She looked back and Schuyler and nodded. I took her to my own chambers. Once she had started the change, I would place her in the bed with Schuyler. "Listen to me very closely, Kay," I said to her once we were there and she seated on he edge if my enormous bed. "I'm going to give you a choice. Will you listen?"

She nodded and stared at me. "Yes," she whispered. God, I didn't hink she'd have the heart for this.

"I haven't told you what we are, but can you guess?" She nodded and her head fell on my chest.

"Vampires...don't laugh please," she said, once again, in a whisper.

I spoke in a softer tone. "Correct. Lord Amir is a very powerful vampire. And Schuyler is his sister.Can you guess what she is?"

Her head shot up and her eyes as wide as a doe. "No," she whispered. "She's not a...vampire. Then she'll...and I'll...I'll die and she'll always live!" She closed her eyes and started to sob.

"Listen. Listen to me!" She slowly moved her eyes to look into mine. "That's why I've givn you the choice. I can change you. Into one of us. But you will be in a tremendous amount of pain. Or you can live your life and forget--"

"No! I want to be with Sky!"

"So your choice has been made?"

She nodded.

"You're sure? There is no turning back once it has been done."

"I know. Besides, if I live as long as she does, she'll be with her brother and I'll get to be with you." Her voice was soft, barely audible. I looked at her and she smiled.

"Okay," I said. "We need to do it now."

"Now?"

"Yes. The sooner the better. It'll take a week and Schuyler has already started. You dint want her to wake up before you do, do you?"

She shook her head quickly. "No, I don't. Let's hurry," she said, "or she'll wake up before me."

"Alright, then. Let's get started."

"Wait," she said before I could even touch her. "I need to know this first. Is it gonna hurt?"

I gave her a soft smile. "The initial death will be nearly painless. But the aftermath will be fierce. And  

painful."

Her eyes became wide and she went sheet white. "D-death?"

"Oh," I said. "Let me explain quickly. When I bite you, you will die. Your heart will completely stop. But when I give you my blood after you have died, that is when the pain will start. Because you heart will start again but you body will be confused. This process will take approximately seven days. But when you're in the state you're in, it doesn't feel like a very long time, trust me. it'll be over before you know it. Are you ready?"

Slowly, she nodded her head. I didn't tell her that once I bite her, I'll know every thought, every secret she's ever kept from anyone. She didn't need to know that.

Well, here we go.

Kay's POV

He bit me.

Right under the jaw, just a little to the right of the mouth, not the side of the neck. That was a cliche.

And he was right, I almost felt nothing. Almost. Just a little pinch. And then I felt so cold, so helpless. I

felt stiff, so still. My movement slowed, stilled, and finally stopped all together. My senses were the last to go. First I couldn't feel anything. Then, I couldn't smell the sweet husky smell of Markus; then I couldn't see, I lost my sight slowly and it was so, so scary. But I knew it'd be okay because I knew Markus was near me.

"I'm right here," he said before I lost my hearing. "I'll always be here. I'll be here when you wake up. Sleep, Kay, sleep."

Then I died.

Markus's POV

She died.

Now it would only be a matter of time before she woke up. I picked her cold body up and started my way to where Schuyler was. When I got to her room, Schuyler was breathing heavily.

Now let me explain. Kay died because she was human before. But Schuyler was a vampire all along. Her memories were simply surpressed, taking her back to infant years.

Amir was sitting by her side.

"So she's agreed?"

"Yes. Wouldn't hear of anything else."

"Put her next to Skye. Maybe it'll make her feel better. Even if she doesn't really know she's there."

"Is she in that much pain?"

"I'm afraid it's worse that even I could ever have imagined. She's taking it pretty hard, I think."Schuyler suddenly screamed bloody murder, and all Lord Amir and I could do was watch. I heard that if she couldn't handle it, she might actually die. For good.

"So, all we can really do is watch? If so, I don't think I can take much of it. I wonder...is she's in this much pain, I wonder how much pain Kay will be in. I mean, I know Schuyler will be in a whole lot more pain than Kay will, but..,"

"Do you remember at all how it felt for you to change?"

"No, that's comptelely in the past. It was so long ago, I've forgotten. I only remember pain, and an eternity of it. I can only imagine how it would be for her."

"Yes, and we can only sit back and watch," Lord Amir said.

We heard a knock on the door.

"My Lord, the Council is here. They seem...quite displeased at the moment. And out for blood."

"All right, I'm on my way. Give me five minutes."

Then he placed a kiss on Schuyler's forhead and left.

Amir's POV

Since it was happening, I knew there'd be a trail. But I didn't think it would be this early, and I knew it wasn't about her. We simply had to clear out the cells of the prisons. And quick, I knew, before she woke up. I wondered when she would. With her, she could vary. She is basically either a ticking timb bomb or a slowly progressing human girl, turning into a princess, and soon, I hoped, a queen. 

We empty the cells because of a tradition thing that was started over one thousand years ago. When each new royal is born, the trails start and the cleaning begins. She technically isn't being born, however, she is changing. I only regret that I will not be able to be there wen she wakes up. And I hoped that she did, indeed, wake up.

I was escorted through the long, narrow hallways, one after the other. It was only then that I realized how far a walk it was to reach the barraks, or the lower bowels of the castle. I needed to hurry. So I ran. 

Once there, I entered through the "back door" of the judging chambers. I entered to see the backs of three olding vampires, all Purebloods. Though, they really weren't aging, they were all over three-thousand years old at least. I was the exception to that. When our father had died, I became the heir.

"It doesn't look good for you, the judge, when you are late to the trail you yourself will be judging. Now does it, Amir?" Lord Abner said huskily, and though I could not see his face, I'm quite sure he had a smirk on his face.

"Well, Abner, I'm here now, no need to panic." He chuckled and looked forward. 

We were all dressed in dark robes, each robe having a symbol of the family name encrested over the heart of the robe. My own symbol was that of a figure person weilding a spear, turned to strike at the wrong, with a spear through his own heart, and a six-pointed star behind him. I'm not sure what it means exactly. My father never taught it properly to me.

"Bring in prisoner #201935."

"I have not allowed you to speak further," Lord Cecil said sternly, though with no anger. That man could honestly have no anger in him, even if he wished it so. Cecil, unlike any other vampire I had and have ever known, is blind. He cannot see, yet sometimes it appears as though he can see much more than all of us around him.

"Excuse me, Lord, I'm terribly sorry," the prisoner said. Cecil and I were the two main judges. What we said went.

We were provided proof of the young man's "murder" though I still was not convinced. This young man was supposed to have committed the murder of a strong and very powerful nobleman, he, a terribly looking, weak half-blood; that does not sound right at all. I certainly was not convinced.

"Cecil," I said. "Should I look through him?"

"Yes, Amir, that sounds like the best of the ideas. Go ahead, please do." Cecil and I were, in turn, the only two who could "see". And by that, I mean look into one's memories. I rose from my seat and stood tall.

"Come forward, 201935." He stood from his bowing position and looked into my eyes, ten feet taller than him in the Judges' seats above.

He said not a word. As I peered into his eyes, I saw. I saw, through the deep depths of his soul, into the darker depths of his memories. I watched, as the truth unfolded before my eyes. There was no lying in your memories.

~♥♥♥♥♥~

I hope that satisfies what I could give you in that little bit. I have been way behind and am desperately trying to catch up. Comment if you are reading this to let me know it is readable.

Fortsรฆt med at lรฆse

You'll Also Like

28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
78.3K 11.8K 72
เถฑเท”เถน เถฑเท’เทƒเท เถฏเทเท€เท”เถซเท’.....๐Ÿ’™ เถฑเท”เถนเท™เถฑเทŠ เถธเท เถฑเท’เท€เท™เถธเท’......๐Ÿ’™
771K 68.2K 36
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
Riptide Af V

Teenage Fiktion

318K 8.1K 115
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...