[On Hold] Why was I reincarna...

By IDK4name44Z7

Akane Nakamura died of cancer at 41 years old, she then finds herself with the gods, who some take pity on he... More

Prologue : Death and... Reincarnation?
Part 1 : I'm a GHOST!?
Part 2 : First Fight
Part 3 : Victory and.. Freedom?
Part 4 : Humans
How is this possible
Part 5 : Open World
Part 6 : Ascension
Part 7 : Preparation
Part 9 : Second day
Part 10 : Before the Trip
Part 11 : Forest Trek
Part 12 : Quest Complete
Part 13 : To a Long Journey
Part 14 : Observation Quest

Part 8 : First day

1K 42 14
By IDK4name44Z7

Sorry for the delay, had to work out stuff for my other story and been procrastinating. Also over 600 reads.

Please point out any spelling or grammar mistakes I may have made in this. Hope you enjoy.

------------------------------

I came out of the alley with my hood up. My hair would pretty much phase through stuff as well so thankfully this cloak has a hood to keep my hair in place. Nobody has taken any notice of me which is good, I don't want a lot of attention.

I reach the guild building and I go inside. No one seems to take notice that I just came in, they are all just doing their own thing. Looks like my disguise is working, I just look like a regular person.

I head over to the counter and make some coin shaped pieces of ice. 

"Hello there, how may I help you?" The receptionist said

"Um, I would like to become an adventurer."

"Oh, another new adventurer. Well, I guess it's nice to see more people going about but adventuring is dangerous work you know so are you sure this is what you want to do."

"Yes"

"Very well, so first the cost is 5 silver coins."

I take out the 5 pieces of ice and cast illusion magic to make it look like silver coins. I hand them over to her as she takes them and puts the coins in to a compartment below the counter.

"Alright, please fill out this form and after that I will provide you with your card. When choosing your class please refer yourself to this catalog of classes that you can choose from."

I looked through the catalog to see what class I could be. There were a lot to choose from Warrior, Summoner, Tamer, Assassin and a whole bunch more. Although there were a lot I found one that was pretty simple and fitted my style of fighting pretty soon when looking at the catalog. 

=============================

Name : Akane Nakamura

Lvl : 8

Class : Mage

Skills :

[ Physical : None ]

[ Magic : Illusion Magic, Ice magic, Wind magic, Curse Magic ]

===========================

I finish writing and hand the sheet of paper over to the receptionist and she takes it behind a door. Later, she come back with a card that displays my name, lvl and class with a capital D in the lower right corner.

"This is your adventurer guild card, you are currently D ranked adventurer typically for new adventurers but you can increase your rank by doing quests and how you perform. 

For safety purposes, adventurers are only able to do quests of their rank and one higher but when taking a higher ranked quest, there is a need to evaluate the difficulty of the quest in detail and comparing with the adventurers skill before assigning the adventurer for the quest so as to not cause unwanted casualties. 

Just a quick reminder the guild is not responsible for the unfortunate eventuality where you were to die in the line of work, so please inform your family or any one that is close to you of these these things. 

Is there anything else that you would like to know?" 

"...Two things, actually. First, why did I need to right down my skills." I asked

"That is for when you are partnering up with other adventurers to form a party. When forming a party, it is useful to know what your party members are capable of, to better form plans and work together in general." She explained

"I see. Second, how do I get assigned a quest." 

"There is a board at the end of the hall, it contains quests that you can pick from. It's all organized into each quest category so you don't need to go looking around for a specific quest. For example... say you want a easy monster hunt quest, you can go that section on the board and look for one of your adventurer rank or higher.

Another quick thing, the board isn't only for quests. It also has announcements and recent notable news for the adventurers so I recommend that you should look at those every now and again. 

Anything else? if there's nothing you can go pick out a quest and come back here to get it assigned to you."

"Mm, thank you for the help." I said as I walk over the the board to see what quest I could do.

There were herb gathering quests, monster materials gathering quest, investigation quests, exploration quests, escort quests and a whole bunch of other stuff. I went to the gathering quests sections and looked around to see what I could do to start out with.

I looked through the assortment of quest that were available for some D ranked quest that I could do. I found a very easy quest, I just needed to find a small amount of Ansano grass, thankfully their is a drawing of it on the flyer so I can spot it just fine. On it, says that it grows in the plains in small patches. 

I went back to the counter and showed the receptionist the flyer.

"I would like to do this one." I told her

"A gathering quest for Ansano grass, alright. Gathering quest are actually a pretty popular choice when it comes to new adventurers. Let me just do something real quick and you can be on your way." She said

"Um, so it says on the flyer that it grows in the plains. Is there any particular area where I can find them or is it just anywhere?"

"Mm, as far as I know there are places where there are more Ansano grass than other but I don't know where they are. Just go around the plains and hope you find some."

"Oh ok.", after a bit I then went out to the plains to look for this Ansano grass.

I walked around the plains, looking at the ground, trying to find the Ansano grass based on the picture I saw. We're allowed to bring the flyer with us so I just continuously looked at the flyer before searching the ground, although it didn't really help since the grass looks all the same to me.

Not long after I started searching I found small patch of what I assume to be Ansano grass which was more green than the surrounding. It fitted the picture that was on the flyer, it was very tall and spikey, so I'm pretty sure that this was it. I also noticed that the grass had quite a bit of magic floating in an around it, which could be useful in getting more.

The quest asked for 20 lumps of Ansano grass so I resumed searching for more but instead looking for the same magic to locate the grass.

Less than an hour later I found all the Ansano grass I needed and was heading back to the city. Since I don't have a bag or anything I'm just carrying all the grass in my hands. I was about to go into the city but was stopped by a guard at the gate.

"Hold on just a second. Identification please." the guard said

"Oh, um... can you hold these for my for a second." I asked. 

The guard took the Ansano grass in my hands and I take off one of my gloves and pull out my adventurer card. You see, I didn't have a place to put away my card so I just used my gloves as a bag, sure the card falls out sometimes but it worked. If you're wondering why I didn't put the grass in there as well... think about it.

"Oh I see, well you're free to go." the guard said as I put my card back and grab the grass he gave back to me.

The flyer said to go to a pharmacy called Reik Pharmacy to submit the materials. I went around with both hands still filled with grass, trying to look for this pharmacy. I ask someone for directions and they tell me to go down the street and then I'll see it. 

So I follow his directions and see a store with a hanging sign that says "Reik Pharmacy". There was a window, looking inside there were shelves of bottle of random plants, stuff I couldn't identify and weird colored water which had some magic inside, so potions. I went inside the store and it was pretty calm inside, there was nobody else inside and the store was bright with the light coming in from the window.

Although there was one person behind the counter. The guy looked about around his 40s, he wore some pretty simple clothing to the other citizens only difference was a very short small cloak. He was pretty average overall.

(A/N : just search up small cloak and you'll get what I mean... I think... maybe)

"Um, hi. I accepted a request for gathering Ansano grass and it said to bring it here."

"Ah yes, that request I made. Just bring them here and I will take care of them and your payment." He said

I walked towards the counter placing the Ansano grass that I have had in my hands for almost over an hour. He looked at the grass and said

"Um, why are they like this."

"Ehehe, I don't really have bag so I had to carry them with my hands the entire time, sorry."

"*sigh*, well this should still be fine to make potions so no harm done. I'll go get your payment." He said as he went further behind the counter and came back with a small pouch

"Here's your payment, 80 copper coins. Now be on your way" He told me as he placed the pouch on the counter

"Ok, thank you." 

"Before you go, I just wanna say get a bag." he stated

"Ok.. um how much is a bag." I asked

"I would say about 2 silvers." he replied

"Um, how much are those in copper coins." I said clueless to the economy of this world

"*sigh* you should at least know the value of money... well can't be too much trouble giving a quick explanation. 100 copper coins equal to 1 silver coin, 100 silver coin equal to 1 gold coin." he explained

"I got it, thanks." I said as I left the store

'So my first day as an adventurer in another world. Why did I decide to make a cliché, well why stop here.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 351 39
Part 2 of Lilia's Tale. Now arrived at the academy, and despite the very rough first week of handling the other students, school is about to start. H...
628 22 3
When a Hero in another world dies after defeating the Demon Lord of his world, he finds himself being reborn into a new world. However, this time it...
83 5 20
A nigh-omnipotent god gets bored so he erases his memories, gives up his power and reincarnates as a normal human in a modern world, and then dies ag...
571 8 37
At the cost of his own life, Marc finally had his revenge upon the demon that killed his family. Or so he thought. Reincarnated in a fantasy world, h...