Normal to us (GxGxG) ✔️

Od See_you_feel_you

Three happily married wives going through life together. Not normal to the world but normal to them. Alex Wo... Více

FYI
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chater 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Author's Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Sequel Announcement

Chapter 32

8.6K 381 126
Od See_you_feel_you

Alex's POV

Sitting at my desk, staring at the open files in front of me with little to no energy. I've been going over them for the last hour and I still don't know what to do. I don't know how the hell a 14 year old girl can shatter her femur like this.

I take a deep breath, push my chair back and close my eyes for a few seconds. This patient had me busy the whole morning. In between consultations and doing rounds, my mind kept going back to this file.

I have to call her parents tomorrow morning to schedule a surgery. I know what I have to do but it will be a long surgery and she will be in the hospital for a really long time. The risk for infection is so high and I don't want her to lose her leg. She still has her whole life ahead of her.

A knock on my door shakes me from my thoughts and I open my eyes. "Come in"

I know I don't have an appointment right now so I frown in confusion till I see Anna step through the doorway. "Sorry doctor, your mother and brother are here. Can I send them in?"

"Uhm yeah sure" I stand up from my chair.

Now I'm even more confused. Normally my brother would call me before he comes over but my mother is the big shock.

I haven't seen her in about six months.

After the twins were born my mother only came by three times too see them. Even then she didn't really interact with them or me. After that we had another fight over the phone and then the messages became shorter over time. Dylan only told me she left the city for a while. I didn't even reach out to her. I would ask Dylan how she was doing from time to time.

"Hey sis" Dylan is the first to step through the door.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" I smile and give him a big hug. I look behind him and make eye contact with my mother who stands in front of the now closed door.

"Hi Alex" she says in a low voice.

"Mom" I nod in her direction with a small smile. It feels weird to see her. I don't know if I'm mad or just simply disappointed. At the moment I don't know if I even want to see her.

"Are you busy?" Dylan breaks the uncomfortable tension in the room and I look back to him.

"What is she doing here Dylan?"

"I don't-"

"I called him to meet me here" my mom cuts him off. "Can we talk for a minute?"

"About what?" I scoff. "I haven't seen you in six months or even got a phone call and now you want to talk me?"

She doesn't say anything and just looks at the ground. Normally she would say something back but today she is quiet.

"I only have a few minutes." I sigh and walk back to my desk.

I hear a soft thank you as I sit down in my chair. I quickly put away my files as they both take a seat in front of me.

"I'm sorry I didn't call before coming over." my mother starts. "I just want to talk to both of you"

I glance at Dylan and I can see a slight clench in his jaw. He isn't to happy with my mother about what she's done the last couple of months but I told him to just forget about it. My relationship with her shouldn't affect his relationship with his mother.

I have my own family but he still needs her sometimes.

"It's about your father"

My eyes snap in her direction and my heart stops for a few seconds.

"He's getting out in two weeks"

"What?" Dylan takes the words right out of my mouth in a breathless tone.

I just sit there and stare at my mother. I've been scared off those words for the past decade. I've prayed that this day would never come. I've had nightmares about the day he gets out of prison. Even after all that's good in my life, after everything that makes me so unbelievably happy. Him getting out of prison is my absolute worst fear and it has haunted me since the last day I saw him.

"How do you know?" I ask in a low voice.

She takes a deep breath and looks down to her lap. "I went to see him"

"You what!?" I yell in shock.

"Alex-"

"Why the fuck would you go see him!?"

"He called me one day saying he wants to apologize and that I have to come visit him at the correctional center."

"And you actually went there?" Dylan ask and sits a bit forward in his chair.

"Yes"

"Oh my gosh. I can't believe you did that" I laugh in utter disbelief and rest my head in my hands.

"Mom do you remember what he did to us? To you?"

I just shake my head trying to wake up from this nightmare as Dylan speaks. I can't believe this is actually happening. I can't believe she went to see him. After everything that happened, she went too see him.

"He has been working on himself for the last couple of years and he has really changed." she defends him with a confident smile.

"Oh bullshit!" I scoff in laughter. "I can't even deal with this right now." I sit back in my chair taking a few deep breaths.

"He apologized for everything Alex"

"Did he apologize for almost killing you with his bare hands?!" I raise my voice a little and she says nothing.

"How about the time he almost burned our house to the ground with your son still inside?"

"Alex he wasn't himself back then" she defends him again.

"No mom he wasn't but he chose to do drugs and drink himself to a pulp. He chose to get involved with some bad shit and gamble all our money away. He chose to beat you and use you whenever he felt like it. I know all of that mom, I was there."

I take a breath to calm myself down and look at Dylan. He is just looking down at the ground with nothing to say and I don't expect him to say anything.

"He wants to apologize for all of that Alex"

"Wait?" I frown. "Is that why you're here? Because he wants to see me?"

"Yes, both of-"

"That's not happening" I immediately cut her off. "There is no fucking way I will go see him and there is no fucking way that Dylan will go see him."

"He can make his own choices Alex. Let him speak for himself." she says and looks at him.

"I don't want to see him" he shakes his head and I give him a slight nod. "He is not my father and he will never be."

"He just wants a chance at forgiveness" my mom sighs.

"No fuck that mom!" I yell again. "I will never forgive him for what he did. I can't believe you forgave him for all the shit he put you through." I shake my head in disappointment.

"He was my husband once."

"Yeah and? How do you know he won't do that shit again? Do you think everything will be all good and you can go on with your lives when he gets out? He is fucking using you mom. He just wants a place to stay and he knows how weak you are."

"Mom he is playing you" Dylan follows my statement. "How do you not see that?"

"He is not playing me!" now she raises her voice. "He has changed and you would see if you only give him a chance!" she sighs and starts crying. I can see the frustration in her expression but she can try all she wants. I will never agree to see him or talk to him, never mind forgive him.

I don't know if the tears building up in my eyes are from anger or am I just extremely sad and disappointed in her. I can't believe she is falling for his tricks again.

There is a uncomfortable silence in the room. I don't know what too say and I think my mom is praying that we change our minds.

Well guess what mom...

"Mom if you go back to him I can't have you in my life." I break the silence in a low voice.

"I don't want him near my family or my children and if you choose him, you will never see me again."

"Alex I love him"

"Well then I guess you made your choice" I shrug but my heart breaks.

Once again my mother chooses her fucked up lover over her own children. This is exactly what happened when we were younger and she is going down that same path.

"Alex-"

"You can leave" I cut her off as the tears start rolling down my cheeks.

She looks at Dylan for help but he doesn't even spare her a glance.

"Don't do this Alex, please?" she pleads and cries harder.

"If you don't leave I will call security to come remove you from my office!" I raise my voice. My whole body is shaking in rage and she seems a bit on edge with my tone.

She wipes her eyes and gives me a small nod before she stands up. "I really hope you change your mind"

"I won't"

I watch her leave my office and I take a breath I didn't know I needed. The tears start coming down uncontrollably and within a few seconds I feel Dylan pick me up from my chair and hold me in his arms.

"I can't believe she chose him again" I cry into his shoulder.

"It's ok sis. We don't need her." he rubs my back. "I got you"

I cry even harder when he says those words.

When we were younger I had to take care of him. I didn't know what to do and I was so scared. He was so young and fragile but now he is a man. This time he is holding me as I cry. I didn't have that the first time. Nobody was there to tell me it will be ok.

But it's different now.

"Do you want me to call Maya and Steph?"

"No it's fine" I pull back and wipe my face."I won't be able to talk to them over the phone. I need to go to the office to see Stephanie. Do you want to come with me?"

"Yeah sure" he nods.

"She'll know what to do"

"Ok-"

"No wait" I cut him off. "Steph has a meeting this afternoon. I don't want to bother her now."

"You won't bother her Alex. You know that, but why don't you go wash your face and then we can talk?" he gives me a soft smile and the sight of his face makes me take a deep breath.

I think my motherly instincts took over and I just wanted to protect him again. I need to protect him from this heartache that I'm feeling and it feels like I failed.

But seeing him smile is comforting. He is probably hiding his pain from me but he is so strong right now and I really need that right now.

"Ok I'll be right back" I say in a soft tone and walk to my bathroom.

I close the door behind me and quickly wash my face. I take a few deep breaths and think about my family. I think about my two beautiful wives and my two adorable kids. They are my everything.

Dylan is right, we don't need my mom. She hasn't been around for a while and we've been doing great. Dylan is happy with his job and girlfriend and I'm happy with my life. We are loved and cared for and that's all we need.

I walk back to my office and he has taken his place in my chair. "Do I look like a surgeon?" he smirks.

"Oh absolutely" I laugh and sit down in front of my desk. I take a deep breath and we just stare at each other.

"You can still see her Dylan." I say in a low voice. "Please don't let my decisions affect you."

"Alex you were more of a mother to me than her." he says in a sincere way. "I don't want her in our life. She made the wrong choice again and this time I'm not going to forgive her. She had her second chance."

"You are right about that. I won't give her another chance." I sigh.

"Are you ok?" he says and sits forward with his arms on my desk.

"I don't know" I chuckle and take a deep breath. "I need to talk to Steph and Maya about this. I can't have him searching for me Dylan. I don't want him near you or my family."

"Can I come over tonight? You know after you guys talked or after the twins had dinner and bath time." he smiles.

"You can come anytime you want Dylan. You are apart of this. And I think it's your turn for bath time." I chuckle and he just nods with this wide smile on his face.

He absolutely loves spending time with the twins. He is a bit soft when it comes to feeding. They get a bit fussy when they have to eat and he feels to bad when they start crying. So he likes to bathe them because they never cry. They both love the water and they're happiest when they take a bath.

"Everything is going to be fine Alex."

I look at him and his expression makes me calm. He is taking this really well and I'm crying like a little girl. I still don't know why this is affecting me this much. I also don't know if I'm sad or just extremely mad at her.

I can't believe she did this....again.

.....

I drive home just after six. It was a long and tiring afternoon. After having a quick emergency surgery for a thirty year old woman, I had to do a check up on another patient. I called Dylan to let him know I'm on my way home. I told him I would let him know once I get there. There might be a chance that Jonah and Riley are difficult tonight and that means they need all our attention. I already missed dinner with the twins but I'll definitely be in time for bath their bath. Hopefully they are ok and we can wait for Dylan to join us.

The traffic was a bitch tonight but after about an hour I turn down our street with a sigh of relief. I really need my wives right now.

However, my mood changes when I see a familiar car parked in front of our house.

Maya's parents are here.

Well there goes my whole plan for tonight. I don't mind having her parents over, I love that they are here but I should've just called them and told them what happened. I just didn't want to have that conversation over the phone.

I take a deep breath as I pull into the garage.  Now I have to get my poker face on. I know I can easily fool Maya's parents but my wives are the real challenge. I can hide my feelings but they usually see right through me and I know they will literally chase Maya's parents out the house if they know what happened. And I don't want that. I would rather have dinner with them and talk to Maya and Stephanie tonight. I don't want to ruin the whole evening.

As the garage door closes I quickly call Dylan.

"Hi sis"

"Dylan I'm so sorry. I just got home and Maya's parents are here. I think they might stay for dinner." I sigh and lean my head back against the seat.

"Ok no it's fine Alex. We can do it another time."

"You are more than welcome over Dylan. We can maybe talk after they leave. I just don't want to ruin dinner."

"Alex relax. It's fine. Go have dinner and let me know. I'll come by afterwards if you want. Just let me know."

I sigh again and close my eyes for a few seconds. I feel bad for canceling on him. I actually don't want him to be alone tonight. I wanted him here because he will talk to Stephanie about his feelings. He finds a sort of comfort in her and I really appreciate that. He doesn't have to talk to me, as long as he talks to someone about what he is feeling.

"Ok I'll call you a little later."

"Ok talk to you later sis. Love you"

"Love you"

I end the call and get out of my car. I grab my bags and walk through the door with a fake smile on my face.

"Hi honey" Maya is the first to greet me from a distance. She has Riley on her hip while she stirs something in the pot.

"Hey baby" I smile back at her and put my bags down on the couch.

"Hi Alex" her mom greets me as I step closer.

"Hi mama" I smile and give her a big hug. "How are you?" I ask her as I step around the counter to go to Maya.

"Good. How was your day?" she smiles as my hand finds Maya's lower back and she turns to me.

"Long and tiring but I'm glad to be home" I smile and look at Maya. "Hi baby" I whisper and give her a soft kiss.

"Hi sweetheart" I exclaim in a excited tone and Riley immediately reaches out to me. I take her from Maya and she clings onto my neck. "I missed you so much" I whisper and give her head a few kisses.

"I'm tired mommy." Maya smiles and rubs up and down Riley's back. "She didn't sleep well this afternoon." she gives me a sympathetic look.

"Awhh my baby" I pull back to look at her. She has her pacifier in her mouth and I can see she is tired. Usually she is all excited when I get home but now she just plays with my scarf.

"It's still a bit early for bed sweetheart." I whisper and kiss her cheek.

This will be my game plan now. I will keep Riley close to me all night and give her attention. Not only will it be me hiding my feelings but it's also a distraction for me. It keeps my mind occupied.

I feel Maya's hand around my waist which catches my attention and I look at her.

"Steph is outside" she says in a soft voice and her hand effortlessly slides over my ass with a loving touch.

I give her a quick wink and walk with Riley to the living room. She has put her head in my neck but I keep talking to her so she wouldn't fall asleep. "Did you miss mommy?"

She answers with a soft 'hmm' and my heart just melts. Although they aren't talking full words yet, they understand us when we ask them questions. They communicate to us with simple sounds, especially with yes and no questions.

"Where's Jonah? Is he outside with mommy and grandpa?"

Again she answers with a simple 'hmm' as we step outside. The sun has just gone down and even though it's not the best time for Jonah to be outside, I know he loves it.

I look out into the yard and smile at the sight of Stephanie hunched over, holding both Jonah's hands as the walk up to the house. She is in deep conversation with Maya's dad but her attention is still on him.

It's things like this that make it hard when I think about my mother. I don't remember that she walked with Dylan like that. I don't remember her spending time with Dylan or even just try making him laugh.

Stephanie and Maya are the exact opposite of what I grew up with. I am so grateful for that and that's why I need to protect my family from her. She ruined my childhood and I will not let her or my father ruin my children's life too.

"Alex?"

I jump at the sudden touch on my shoulder. I turn my head and see Maya standing next to me with a slight frown on her face. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah sorry" I chuckle. "Just thinking about some things."

She takes a few steps and comes standing right in front of me. Her eyes scan over my face and she looks deep into my eyes. I try to hold my composure and keep a smile on my face but I'm struggling a bit.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm-"

"There's my little girl" Maya's dad thankfully cuts me off and takes Riley from my arms.

"Hi papa" I smile and give him a hug.

Just as we part Stephanie and Jonah walks closer to me. I bend down on my knees and open my arms. "Hey handsome" I squeal and he gives me a cute giggle.

Stephanie lets him go and the last few meters he walks over to me. I catch him in my arms and give him a big hug. "I missed you" I whisper and give him a few kisses.

I stand up as Stephanie comes closer and she gives me a kiss. "Hi" she whispers and gives me another kiss.

"Hi baby" I smile and lean into her body for a side hug. "We came to say it's getting dark" I look down at Jonah. "And little boys can't be outside when it's dark." I smile and rub my nose against his.

He laughs and puts his hands against my cheeks. We all start walking back inside and I purposely avoid eye contact with Maya. She is definitely picking up on my behavior but I can't give in now.

We gather around the dining room table. Riley and Jonah are in their chairs, playing with some of their toys while we eat. We enjoy our dinner with some light conversation about our day. There are always questions about my day and I gladly tell them all the happy parts of my day.

We also talked about the birthday party this weekend and all the plans around it. Maya is obviously baking the cake and we have invited our whole family and some of our friends over to celebrate the day with us.

I sent an invitation to my mom but I don't want her here anymore. Hopefully she forgot about it or just make the smart decision by not coming. She'll only make it up to the door anyway. She won't take one step into my house again, and that's a promise.

"Thank you sweetheart this was really great" Maya's dad sits back in his chair and pushes his empty plate forward.

We all follow behind him and thank her for dinner.

"I have dessert" she says with a wide smile and it's no surprise. She always has something for dessert. That's why I have to work out as much as possible.

"I think I should take these two for their bath while you eat dessert" I smile and stand up.

"Are you sure? I can help you" Stephanie overs but I stop her.

"No babe it's fine. They are both so tired, I can handle it." I smile and go to pick up Riley.

Stephanie gives me a questionable look and the same goes for Maya.

"Lovies it's fine." I chuckle as a way to convince them. "I'll bring them down to say goodnight."

"Ohh please" Maya's mom pouts and I smile at her as I take Jonah from her dad.

I take them both out of the dining room but the confusion is still on both Maya and Stephanie's faces.

They definitely know something is wrong but they won't say anything in front of Maya's parents. This also means Dylan can't come over tonight because I am definitely getting a speech tonight.

But right now I need some time with my babies. I need them to find comfort in me. I want them to feel safe with me. I need to feel that they still love me and seek my attention.

They need to know that I'll always come home, even if I'm a bit late sometimes.

But I will not be like my mother.

......

A/N

I wanted to publish two chapters this weekend but I'm still working on the next one. I thought I should at least give you one.

Just thought about going back into Alex's life. Everything that happened with her dad and what not.

Let's see how Stephanie and Maya feel about everything.... 😳

This chapter also makes the book a bit longer because it's almost coming to an end....again 😉.

But thank you for reading and voting.

Much Love 💜

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

9K 592 22
Maya and Carina have been struggling with their marriage and it only seems to get more unbearable every day, but it's their sixteen year old daughter...
12.3K 296 18
Set before Jealousy. See how you end up with Casey Novak and Alex Cabot. Rated M** for some chapters.
3.2K 153 42
My name is Crystal Woods. My parents died in a car accident leaving only my sister, Nina and I . My parents were into business before they died,leavi...
15.2K 79 69
•will be adding more• this is my first thingy so don't judge 🫣🤭, don't mind typos!! - different story's for everyone!