Marauders & their Evans

By EmmaBarnes03

Primrose Evans lived alongside her family and best friend in the simple town of Bakewell, England. She though... More

Before you read
Characters
Prologue
First Year 1971
First Year 1971
First Year 1971
First Year 1971
First Year 1971-1972
First Year 1972
Second Year 1972
Second Year 1972
Second Year 1973
Summer 1973
Third Year 1973
Third Year 1973
Third Year 1973
Third Year 1973
Third Year 1973
Third Year 1973-1974
Third Year 1974
Third Year 1974
Fourth Year 1974
Fourth Year 1974
Forth Year 1974
Fourth Year 1974
Fourth Year 1974
Fourth Year 1974-1975
Fourth Year 1975
Fourth Year 1975
Fourth Year 1975
Fourth Year 1975
Fourth Year 1975
Fifth Year 1975
Fifth Year 1975
Fifth Year 1975
Fifth Year 1975
Fifth Year 1975
Fifth Year 1975
Fifth Year 1975
December 1975
December 1975
December 1975
Fifth Year 1976
Fifth Year 1976
Fifth Year 1976
Fifth Year 1976
Fifth Year 1976
Summer 1976
Sixth Year 1976
Sixth Year 1976
Sixth Year 1976

Second Year 1972-1973

430 15 2
By EmmaBarnes03

Chapter Nine

The first quidditch match of the season was this weekend, meaning it was James first match as part of the Gryffindor team, meaning he would go on and on nonstop about how excited he was, and how he was pretty confident they would win. Merlin the ego in this boy was the size of the whole castle if not bigger.

The weather had already started to get cold so I walked to quidditch pitch wearing a big sweater, a beanie and my Ravenclaw scarf. Alice and I made our way up where our friends were already sitting.

Alice sat a few rows below me with Lily and Marlene while I sat with the boys. The whole pitch was either filled with gold and scarlet or black and yellow, the excitement of the first match had the whole school on their toes.

I remember seeing my first match back in first year. James had dragged all of us to see it, and while he thoroughly explained every rule and every detail that entailed playing quidditch it wasn't the same as witnessing the game for the first time.

The players walked to the stadium and cheers and boos could be heard from everywhere. The captain of each team shook hands and then Madam Hooch opened the trunk signaling the start of the match.

The players rushed by in the blink of an eye, if it wasn't for the boy commentating I wouldn't have the slightest idea of what was happening. James zoomed past the other team, he was really good and his still small size gave him an advantage over the older players.

The game was tied and neither of the two seekers had spotted the snitch. One of the beaters in Gryffindor had missed the bludger which elicited groans from the members of his house.

"Oh come on. It's not that hard, just use your bloody bat to hit it!" Sirius shouted in frustration. "If you think it's so easy Sirius then why didn't you try out for the team?" I turned to look at him.

"Quidditch isn't really my thing, but maybe I will since it's clear we need better players." "Calm down Mr. Arrogant, how about a bet?" His eyes sparked up. "Keep going." "You try out for the team next year, and if you get in I'll do whatever you want for a week, but if you don't then it's the other way around."

"Deal." He said, shaking my hand. In our little talk we failed to notice that the Gryffindor seeker had spotted the snitch, and only realized when we heard the commentator. "And Gryffindor's seeker Wood catches the snitch earning his team an extra hundred and fifty points making them the winners with a score of 280 points." The cheering and roars of excitement made the whole stands tremble, this win would most definitely inflate James ego.

****

Snow started falling by the end of the month and I couldn't keep my excitement in. Winter is my favorite season. I absolutely adore walking in the snow and then curl up on a sofa wrapped up in blankets with a cup of hot cocoa.

One early December morning I snuck into the Gryffindor common room. I know that technically it is not allowed but the boys had shared the password in case I ever needed something. As I walked in I noticed that the wall where I had left my note had a few more, mostly Remus reminding the other three something.

I quietly walked up the stairs making as little noise as possible. I didn't really know which room belonged to boys, but it wasn't hard to notice the big poster on a door that read: "Future Gryffindor legends: Remus, Sirius, Peter and James." I rolled my eyes. Merlin, these boys can be a little bit arrogant sometimes.

I carefully opened the door not to make any noise, I had to cover my mouth to stop a giggle from escaping my mouth. Sirius was loudly snoring with his hair all over his face, James laid upside down with his head hanging out from the bed end, Remus was covering his ears with his pillow and his face was scrunched up, and Peter was curled up in a ball in the middle of the bed.

I walked up to the window, grabbed the curtains, and yanked them open. "Rise and shine boys! Big day ahead! James fell off the bed on his head, Sirius who was halfway through a snore woke up choking, and Peter sat up straight in a second. I couldn't help but laugh at the scene. Remus, who is already used to this kind of rude awakening from my part, just threw his pillow hitting me directly on the face.

"Bloody hell Prim, couldn't you just knock?" James asked, putting on his glasses. "Where's the fun in that?" I smiled, "How did you even get here in the first place?" Peter wondered out loud. "You idiots gave me the password, remember?"

I suddenly remembered that there are supposed to be five students per dorm, and I winced at the fact that the last poor lad sharing a room with these four idiots didn't deserve to be woken up so abruptly. I looked to my right and saw that Abbot guy giving me a death glare. I'm a hundred percent sure he hates me now, but I think he'll keep the secret.

I urged the boys to get ready in their warmest clothes and meet me downstairs in the common room. After ten minutes they walked down and we made our way out the castle and into the courtyard. "So care to tell us why you woke up so early in the morning?" Sirius asked as he opened the door.

I made sure they were walking in front of me and as soon as I was close to the snow I made a snowball and threw it directly at the back of Sirius's head just as he voiced his question.

"Hey!" He turned around and gave me a death glare, I just laughed. "Oh I see. It's on Evans." He bent down to pick up some snow and I quickly ran away. We soon started having a full on snowball fight.

We were laughing, running, making memories. James hardly got hit thanks to his chaser reflexes, Peter was actually really good, and unfortunately I have really bad aim so I ended up being the easiest target.

Soon we were, or mostly I was, covered in snow and cold water from head to toe and freezing. "Oh Evans you should know never to start a battle you're doomed to lose." Sirius said, putting his arm around my shoulder as we walked towards the Great Hall to get some breakfast and warmth. "Oh shut up Black!" I said shoving him off while the others laughed.

"You know this was a really fun idea Prim, we should do it more often." Peter said. "Definitely!" James agreed. "And maybe even next time we can hide and throw snowballs to unexpecting students." Remus finished.

They all stopped walking and looked at him. "What? You think you're the only ones scheming something?" James opened and closed his mouth before talking. "I just didn't expect this from you Remus." I laughed. "Oh James, he's always been like that." I told him. "The only difference is I don't get caught." He added with a proud smirk.

We all started walking again and I heard Sirius mutter the word 'unbelievable' under his breath. Since we got up early the Great Hall was still filled with students and as soon as we walked in I said goodbye to the boys and made my way over to my house table to talk with Alice.

I sat down next to her and she jumped a little. "Merlin Prim, you scared me." "Sorry." "Where were you, when I woke up you were gone, and why are your clothes wet?" "Well I woke up early and had a snowball fight with the boys." She smiled and rolled her eyes. "You should definitely come with us next time!" "Thank you Prim but I'd rather stay warm, I hate the cold." She shivered just thinking about it. "You're no fun." I said playful shoving her. "I am! I just avoid going out in the snow if I can."

****

Faster than I realized I was once again on the Hogwarts express on my way back home to spend Christmas with my parents.

Mine and Lily's relationship with Petunia seemed to become worse with each passing moment we were away at Hogwarts, and while Lily was crushed by it I just learned to ignore it.

During the break I received a letter from James telling me all about the amazing gift his father had given him and how it would give us a huge advantage for pranking people and not getting caught. Peter also wrote a few letters and he even sent me a box of his mum's amazing cookies. I was touched by the fact that he remembers how much I like them.

I heard nothing from Sirius which worried me a bit, but then I thought maybe he's got a lot of events to attend considering his family is kind of pure blood royalty. Remus and I, like always, spent all our time together, and this year our families got together to celebrate Christmas.

A/N

Please vote, comment, and tell me what you think.

Stay tuned messer and don't forget the mischief is not yet managed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341 1 25
Lily Evans gets a second change in life to change her past and therefor the future of all those around her. The 22-year year old woman trapped in the...
39.6K 963 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...
1.1M 50.3K 97
Bonnie Miller always thought of herself as a coward. After the First Wizarding War, she ran away to America from the terrible truth that all of her f...
7.6K 216 13
When two letters arrive in the post for the Potters inviting them to a school for wizards Pippa is beyond excited. She was ready to start fresh somew...