Rewriting the Timeline

By SugarCoated1134

Harry Potter at 18 decided he had enough action and became an unspeakable to the shock of the wizarding world... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 6

3.1K 142 19
By SugarCoated1134

Harry was stumped. He was looking for a way to obtain another horcrux, to no luck. He had gotten the first two with relatively no problem, but the other 3 would be difficult. He knew that Voldy gave the diary to Abraxas Malfoy, but he had no way to get it. The ring was still in the shack of Little Hangleton, but Dumbledore was the one who found it last time. He noted to ask Dumbledore if he could take him there, but he didn't know if he knew the location right now. As for the cup, he had no idea if it was in the Lestrange vaults or not. Harry groaned when none of the books or newspapers held any info on the Gaunts. Their popularity dwindled so long ago that hardly any of their history was recorded. He sighed as he put away his research and headed to breakfast. He was enjoying his meal happily when sounds of owls filled the hall. Harry certainly didn't expect a flock of owls heading towards him as he yelped and ducked from the incoming birds. Once the noise of wings ceased, he peaked back up. Harry stared stunned at the overflowing mess of mail piling on his plate. Everyone around him had scooted back from the number of owls swooping in. Fan mail no doubt. He had released his potion around a month ago, unaware of what a big deal it'd become. He had been called one interview after another and had a constant flow of thank you letters and opportunity propositions. Since he didn't release the potion publicly in his timeline, he wasn't sure what to make of the reactions. Of course, there was the occasional hate and discriminatory bigots but there always was. Today's turnout was more than ever. He shuffled through the pile and proceeded to stuff them into his bookbag. Not that it all fit inside. It was the day after the first full moon since he released the product, so it did make sense he supposed. He spent the entire day accompanying Remus, and with his little time travel secret, Professor Dumbledore had no problem letting him skip classes. He couldn't say the same for the others. He just brushed it off as him being a transfer and being ahead of the curriculum. The day was spent with Remus and Harry talking about their lives, Harry telling him of the future and Remus of the past. However, what Remus and Harry didn't know was the conversations happening without them.

FLASHBACK

While James was always known as a jokester who never took things seriously, he was never described as stupid. He prided himself in his high academical achievements, even with all the detentions. Being raised as an heir to a Noble house, he learned to observe at a young age. Which brings him to a puzzle he's come across. Harry Peverell. A boy who appeared quite literally out of nowhere. Harry and Remus were currently staying in the dorms as it was a full moon. He was quite miffed when Dumbledore let Harry stay but not the other Marauders.

"Hey guys, I know I've said this before, but something is up with Harry. And I'm fairly sure Remus knows what," James stated as they started heading to the hall. Sirius and Peter turned towards him.

"What do you mean? I mean, he's a bit strange and is on some mad quest, but he hasn't been anything but a good friend," Sirius stated defensively. James put a hand up to stop the incoming rant.

"I know. But haven't you noticed a few odd things?"

"What sort of things?" Peter asked curiously.

"Well, I don't know, he just seems to know more than he should." James ran a hand through his hair. "Sirius, have you ever spoke to him about your brother?" Sirius scowled at the mention of his younger brother.

"No, what about him?" he sneered with crossed arms.

"When you guys had that small fight, he said, 'You do realize your own brother is a Slytherin?'. How did he even know you had a brother?" Sirius seemed to think about it.

"Maybe Snape said something. They are in the same house," Sirius concluded rationally.

"Okay, fine. Maybe that was a coincidence. But you can't honestly tell me it isn't strange he knew straight away about Moony. I mean, hell, Sirius you are a Black and didn't know about him until he told you." That made Sirius pause. It was true. He grew up learning all about dark creatures, and there shouldn't really be a way to tell.

"He did say he had a werewolf friend," Peter chimed in. James groaned.

"What about him not being surprised about us being Animagi?"

"He doesn't exactly wear his emotions on his sleeve," Sirius pointed out. James let out an annoyed noise.

"Whatever. I just feel like somethings off." Sirius patted James on the back.

"You're probably over thinking it. I mean, he appeared in front of you out of nowhere and is a huge enigma. It makes sense he's off."

"Yeah. Besides, Harry's our friend. If he really is hiding something, he'll tell us eventually," Peter said. James sighed but nodded. He still wasn't convinced though. He never mentioned it, but he was still unnerved at how similar they looked.

FLASHBACK OVER

"That's a lot of mail," Lily exclaimed as she took a seat beside him. Today they were sitting with the Gryffindors first.

"Ur, yeah. I didn't realize the potion would be so popular," Harry mumbled as he continued stuffing letters in his pocket. Before another word was exchanged, James passed by.

"Hey Har. Morning Lily," he greeted lightly. Lily tensed a moment before sighing.

"Hello, James." James's face lit up when she responded, and he skipped off to the Marauder's side of the table. Lily groaned when her friends gave her matching smirks.

"Hey Lily, I've noticed you stopped ignoring James," Alice commented lightly. Lily gave her a look.

"He's matured and doesn't pick on Sev. It's not like I like him," she said defensively. Harry let out a small snort as he drank his pumpkin juice. She would soon enough.

"Oh come on, Lils. Give him a chance! He obviously loves you!" Molly encouraged brightly.

"You've got to commend him on his persistency," Frank added. Lily huffed and crossed her arms. Harry gave his mother an amused grin.

"Not you too!" she said with an eyeroll. Harry just kept smiling. After speaking to the future couples a while longer, he and Lily went to meet Severus. Severus like always was sitting alone and away from the crowd, poking is food around. It was honestly quite sad, it reminded him of his primary school years.

"Sev! Good morning!" Lily greeted in her musical voice. Harry watched as Severus's eyes lit up seeing the witch.

"Hello Lily. Harry," he replied, a slight smile appearing on his lips.

"Hey Severus." Harry let Severus sit with Lily and sat on his other side. Harry was quite glad Severus warmed up to him. He worried he'd remain distant, but the boy actually started trusting him. He felt his heart soften at how happy Severus was with Lily. Getting to know him better, he understood why he became so rotten as he got older. He picked up on obvious signs of abuse or at least neglect, and clearly, he lived in poverty by the condition of his possessions and clothing. Lily was the only joy he seemed to have, and she was taken away from him too. Remembering the pensieve event, he noted to make sure it wouldn't happen. It had taken place around this year, but with Harry's influence on the Marauders and Severus, he assumed that the confrontation wouldn't occur. At least, he hoped so.

"What's got you so frustrated?" Severus asked the girl. Harry felt surprised that he noticed. While Lily had a wild temper, she didn't seem frustrated on the surface. Lily sighed.

"You know me so well. My friends have been trying to convince me to give James a chance." Severus's eyes flashed slightly but he remained expressionless.

"Is that so?" he said tightly. Lily huffed.

"He can dream on. Sure, he's more mature, but that doesn't mean I like him," she said in a matter-of-fact tone. Harry winced slightly at the statement. If she and Prongs didn't get together, then who knows what would happen to him? Time was strange like that. He was already taking a big risk changing the future. But if he wasn't born, then it'd be possible he'd disappear from existence. Severus noticed the reaction but didn't say anything. Though he was quite confused. Why did the boy wince out of all things? He knew he liked Lily, or at least suspected it. He knew the wizard was friends with Potter but still. Severus always found Harry to be rather suspicious, but the boy was nice enough and defended him. So he supposed he could live with his strange behavior and reactions. While chatting, Harry heard someone clear their throat and turned around. Standing there was a blonde boy with obvious perfect tailored robes.

"Hello Peverell. I'm Lucius Malfoy, we've never talked, have we?" the young Malfoy introduced formally. Harry raised an eyebrow at the pompous looking boy with his chest stuck out but nevertheless shook hands with him.

"Harry Peverell," he stated. The boy seemed to be unsure what to say before facing him confidently.

"Your potion was quite impression. Even my father was impressed." Ah, so that's what it was. The Malfoys always did look for power. He supposed his new 'prodigy' status and his last name had gained some attention of purebloods. Harry had to bite back a laugh. Lucius looked nearly identical to Draco only with long hair. He decided this could be used as an advantage. Abraxas should own the diary currently, after all.

"Thank you, Malfoy. It's nice to meet you. You can call me Harry," he stated as warmly as possible. The wizard's eyes glowed with badly hidden glee.

"Then I'm Lucius. I'm sure we can be good friends." Harry doubted it, but hey, he was friends with the 'greasy dungeon bat' and the 'cowardly filthy traitor' so who knows?

"Likewise." Once the boy returned to his seat, he saw Lily and Severus looking at him with similar bemused expressions.

"What?" he feigned confusion.

"Harry, that was Lucius Malfoy. You don't want to be near him, trust me," Severus whispered out. Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Why not?" Lily was the one who answered.

"He only befriends people who benefit him and destroys others who get on his bad side. He's not a good person to be around," she said softly. Harry let out a small chuckle, startling the two.

"You think I don't realize that? I mean, the Malfoy name is a well known one. And he only approaches me now, after my 'breakthrough potion' was released."

"Then why bother?" Lily asked in confusion. Harry just smiled.

"He could have use as an ally." Severus let out a small snort.

"That was practically Slytherin," he muttered. Harry grinned at his friend.

"Well, the hat did consider it," he commented lightly. Lily seemed surprised while Severus smirked.

"I'd believe it," he said.

Soon enough, the end of the day came by. The four original Marauders were in their dorms together while Harry was off for a shower. Remus was quite fatigued from yesterday, still feeling the aftereffects. The second they reached the dorm he lied down in his bed with a tired sigh.

"Hey, Remus. How are you feeling?" Sirius asked as he threw himself next to his friend.

"I'm okay, just tired. It's still hard to comprehend that I don't transform anymore," he said with a fond smile.

"You and Harry are quite close," Peter murmured as he started taking off his outer robes.

"We are, I suppose," Remus replied casually. Sirius huffed as he sat crisscrossed.

"I wish he'd be that close with me," he pouted. "I'm handsome and charming. Yet he never notices me trying," he complained dramatically. Remus didn't reply, knowing fully well the reason. Harry had talked to him about it.

FLASHBACK
"Remus, I'm worried about something," Harry said as he laid his head down on the bed.

"I'm listening," he encouraged the teen. Harry gave a long sigh.

"It's about Sirius." Remus felt his breath hitch; did Harry finally notice? "He's been acting a bit, strange? And I hope I'm not coming to the wrong conclusion but," Harry paused before continuing, "IhaveafeelinghelikesmeandIsortofdon'tmindwhichscaresmebecausehe'smygodfather" he rambled out. Remus felt like he heard correctly, but nevertheless asked him to repeat.

"Can you say that slower?" Harry took a deep breath in before piecing together his words.

"I think Sirius likes me. And I'm worried because it doesn't bother me. It should, right? I mean, he's my bloody godfather! Yet, when he's around, I just feel so content. I thought it was just because he was my godfather, but." He took a breath. "I think it's because I might like him." Harry's face was edged with conflict. He loved Siri, that much was obvious. But his feelings were no longer the parental type of feelings. People don't usually find their godfathers attractive, after all. Remus didn't say anything for a moment.

"So?" Harry just stared at him incredulously. "Why does it matter, he is or will be your godfather? Harry, you need to understand while we are still the people you know, circumstances are different. You are the same age as us, you aren't blood related, and we don't currently have familiar relation to you, other than Lily and James by blood. There's nothing wrong with what you're feeling. And as for Sirius, you should talk to him about it." Wow, Harry didn't expect that answer. He was worried, honestly. He thought Remus would scold him or something for liking Sirius. But he seemed encouraging?

"You don't mind? That I like Siri?" Remus smiled at him and shook his head.

"Of course, I don't Har. You may be my age, but you are still my cub." Harry laughed at the statement.

"That must be confusing." Remus gave an exasperated laugh.

"You have no idea. I see you as my kid to protect when you're technically older than me."

FLASHBACK OVER

"You should try being a bit more obvious," Remus suggested finally. "You know, like with all the girls." Sirius frowned.

"I don't want to treat him that way though. He's too special to just noncommittedly flirt with." Remus felt a smile grace his lips. Who knew Sirius could grow up?

"Then approach him with more care. But at this rate, he's not going to notice." A minor lie, but it would certainly get him going. He was right, as Sirius's face grew determined.

"Remind me to get you chocolate on our first Hogsmeade outing. You're the best, Remmy." Remus just smiled.

"Okay, okay. Stop with the love advice," James joked, before turning to Remus.

"Hey, Remmy, I want to use the map. You've had it for ages, but I really need to use it." Remus felt a slight rise of panic but held it in.

"Um, what for?" James smiled dreamily.

"I need to see where Lily usually goes. I'm planning something for her." (Stalker much?) Remus grew rigid. When it came to anything Lily related, James wouldn't relent.

"Could it wait a while? I still need it," he asked weakly. He and Harry spent ages researching when they could, but there was no way to alternate his name because the map uses magical signatures; something that can't be altered permanently. Surprisingly, it was Peter who spoke up.

"Remus, you've kept the map to yourself for an awfully long time. We want to use it too. It's not even complete yet," he said quietly. The three of them were quite surprised that Peter would speak up, but Sirius quickly backed it up.

"Yeah, Remmy. It's not like you to hoard things, except for books." Okay, Remus was internally panicking. He had no real reason to keep the map, but he couldn't just hand it to them. Harry wasn't ready yet.

"Um, I just need it a bit more," he stumbled over his words. James raised an eyebrow.

"Remus, you've been hiding something about it. You didn't ruin it did you?" Remus shook his head quickly.

"Oh no, I was just um, using it for- "he was interrupted by Harry entering the room, his hair dripping wet.

"Hey guys, what did I miss?" Sirius smiled at his crush.

"We're questioning Remus about a project we have. Oh! We never did tell you, did we? We created a map." Harry froze for a moment and glanced at Remus whose eyes shown panic. A move that James and Sirius noticed clearly. "But dear old Remmy won't give it to us," he whined, choosing to ignore it. Harry and Remus made eye contact; both unsure what to do momentarily. Harry wasn't quite ready to come out to them, despite Remmy's encouragement. But there really wasn't a good excuse. James let out a sudden growl, seeing that Harry seemed to have some recognition.

"You two are definitely hiding something!" he exclaimed before losing his patience. Taking out his wand, he quickly pointed it at Remus's trunk. "Accio Marauder's map." Harry watched in horror as James grabbed the worn parchment midair. Harry froze with wide eyes. It was over. There was no escaping them finding out. Sirius walked over to the map.

"I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good," he said aloud. Remus, deciding that there wasn't much to be done just stilled with a sigh. He didn't want them to find out this way, he was hoping Harry would come around to telling them first. But there wasn't any way to stop them. James watched as the familiar red ink seeped into eh map and opened it.

He glanced around the map in confusion; it seemed as normal as ever. It hadn't changed from last time, there were still rooms missing and all.

"Uh, Harry?" Sirius asked behind James in a bewildered tone. He was gazing at their names in the room. He certainly didn't expect to find no Harry Peverell, but instead a Harry Potter. Harry didn't answer, still stuck in place. James seeing Sirius's confusion, followed his gaze. He then saw it and blinked. Then blinked again before gaping. Sure enough, was a set of footprints in their room, on the banner, was Harry Potter. The group was quiet for a moment before they all turned to the boy. Harry gave a nervous laugh and avoided eye contact. "Harry? What the fuck?!" Sirius exclaimed.

"Uh," was the only sound helplessly coming out of his mouth.

"Why don't we all sit down and talk," Remus suggested quitely. James turned a dirty gaze over to him.

"You knew, didn't you? What the hell happened to not keep secrets?!" he demanded. Remus let out a growl.

"It's not my secret to tell!" he snapped back. Harry reared back slightly at the raised tone. He certainly didn't like where this was going.

"Ugh, Whatever! Harry, you better tell me right now why on earth your last name Potter!" James knew the boy looked remarkably like him, but he had never heard of a Harry Potter. And the family tree never wrote him down either. How could there be a boy his age?

hand. Harry faltered, he had no clue what to do or what to say.

"I-, uh," he stuttered before he felt himself hyperventilating. Noticing, Sirius walked over to him in concern.

"Harry, shh, calm down. We aren't rushing you," Sirius said reassuringly as he grabbed Harry's hand. James looked ready to protest but shut his mouth at Sirius's dark expression. One thing he learned a long time ago was to never piss off a Black. Harry took a couple breaths in and out, before he started calming down. Harry felt his cheeks redden when he realized Sirius was holding his hand.

"Um, Siri," he mumbled. Sirius looked at him before looking at their hands and let go as if he burnt him, his own cheeks reddening.

"Oh, uh, sorry. Oh shut up," he muttered as he heard James snigger despite his impatience and Remus hiding a smile. Harry quickly took a seat right next to James while Peter scooted to make room for the two.

Harry sat in the middle of the group, Remus on his left and James on his right. He fumbled with his fingers for a while, gaining courage to talk.

"I know you're probably upset with me for deceiving you, but I just wasn't ready to tell you the truth," he said finally. He shut his eyes tightly before looking at James. He stared into his father's hazel eyes for a long moment before throwing himself onto him. James let out a noise of surprise before hugging back.

"Not that this isn't nice, but what are you doing?" James asked the boys in his arms. That's when he felt his shirt dampen. "Harry?" he called concerned, as he heard sniffling.

"I'm sorry, this is the first time I've ever gotten to hug you. Dad." The room was silent before James stood up suddenly.

"What the fuck? Did you just call me dad?" he asked the boy incredulously. "Last time I checked, you're the same age as me? And as charming as I am I never slept with anyone?" Harry let out a watery laugh.

"Let me introduce myself. Correctly, this time. My name is Harry James Potter. And I was born July 31, 1980." The room went silent for a long time.

"WHAT?!" Sirius yelled. Harry winced but continued.

"Um, I don't know where to start. Well, I'm actually 18 when I came back, but I was sent to my younger body. I was an unspeakable, and my experimental time turner broke during a death eater accident."

"Unspeakable?" Peter said aloud.

"Time turner?" James gasped. Harry nodded slowly. "Wait, who's your mum?!" James asked with pleading eyes. Harry laughed.

"Congrats James. You won Lily Evans." James started whooping with a celebratory dance.
"Nice going, James," Sirius said appreciatively.

"Lily stopped avoiding you around next year when you stopped bullying Severus." James's eyes widened.

"So that's why you asked me to stop picking on him!" Harry gave a smile and nodded. "Was I a good parent?" James asked hesitantly when he calmed. He heard Harry's words. He never got to hug him before. Harry gulped.

"You were, I think. But, well..." Harry couldn't bring himself to continue and looked to Remus for help. Remus sighed and made eye contact with his friend.

"What Harry is trying to say, is he doesn't really know. You and Lily were, well, killed when he was a baby." The group went silent for a while, everyone stunned. James who usually was carefree felt his legs give out, his eyes filling with tears for the first time in ages. He died? When Harry was only a baby? He felt wet droplets fall down his cheeks before he pulled Harry back to him and held him close.

"I'm so sorry," he cried, his son also crying as he held him to his chest. He didn't even get to raise him!

"It's not your fault," Harry sniffled. The group watched bittersweetly as the two just enjoyed the moment. When they let go, James patted him on the back. His son on the back.

"So, if we died, were you with Sirius and Remus?" Harry then looked ready to break down all over again.

"Harry?!" James exclaimed in worry.

"Sirius, well, he was sent to Azkaban for-"

"I was WHAT?!" Sirius shouted. "WHAT DID I DO?!" Harry sucked in a breath.

"You were framed, for the murder of muggles and betraying my parents. Without a trial." The group was all outraged by now.

"They threw him in Azkaban without a trial?! James yelled, affronted. "Who was it then?" Harry winced at the question and turned apologetically to Peter.

"It was actually Peter." The room stared at Peter in disbelief. Peter looking horrified.

"YOU BASTARD!!" Sirius yelled and grabbed a stunned Peter by the collar. But Peter wasn't listening.

"I, betrayed you two?" he asked in a weak voice. He loved his friends, why would he ever do that? Harry swallowed deeply.

"In that timeline, you and Severus were death eaters. There was a prophecy about me that Severus delivered to the dark lord that caused you and Lily to go into hiding with a Fidelius. Peter was secret keeper and gave the location to Voldemort. When you guys were found and murdered, Sirius went after Peter only for him to be framed and Peter escaped in his rat form." The group was silent for a long while. They certainly didn't expect that. At all.

"So that's why you hated me?" Peter whispered defeatedly. Harry nodded hesitantly before facing Peter.

"But, after a while, I realized you aren't the same person. You may have been the one to betray them in the future, but you haven't yet." He gave the boy a soft smile. "I was hoping that I could prevent that from happening." Peter stared at the boy in front of him with awe. He was so kind; to think he could ever forgive him... He probably wouldn't be so forgiving in his shoes. "Anyways, Remus couldn't take me because he was out of country at the time, and by the time he came back he didn't know where I was and the Ministry wouldn't let a werewolf take me in."

"So who did you stay with?" Sirius asked. Harry's face dropped.

"I was left with the Dursleys. Lily's sister."

"Muggles?" Peter enquired. Harry felt himself tense. Remus sighed and continued for him.

"They treated him terribly. It could be considered abuse." James looked completely horrified.

"How dare they?! I'll rip them to shreds!" James shouted in fury. How could they harm his son? Harry sighed and waited for people to calm down. This was certainly an emotional rollercoaster. At least Remmy knew how to stay calm. Once everyone was sobered a bit though James still looked red, he continued. He explained all his years at Hogwarts, his challenges, his friends. No one had dry eyes after his story. Harry yelped as he was hugged by all the marauders.

"We're here for you Har," James said with a smile. Sirius though was rather quiet with a small frown. Noticing this, Harry pulled away and turned to him.

"Siri?" he asked, concerned.

"Huh, what?" Sirius stuttered as he was snapped out of his thoughts.

"You haven't said much," he mumbled. Sirius stared at his apparently godson for a while.

"Uh, sorry," he responded pathetically. Harry chuckled.

"You never change, do you Padfoot?" he asked fondly. Sirius wasn't sure if he should smile because Harry cheered up a bit, or frown at the words.

"I guess not." Seeing that everything was covered, they all decided to go to bed, the others to their thoughts. James was still processing his recently appointed close friend was actually his and Lily's son. Peter was trying to figure out why he would ever betray his friends who did so much for him. Sirius though, was worried for another reason. Harry, his crush, was his friend's future son. That made his crush wrong on so many levels. Not to mention he was supposedly his godfather. He'd have to talk to James about that one.

A.N Sorry if this chapter wasn't very good, therewas a lot of stuff I wanted to pack in and the Harry's discovery was reallyhard to write. I'm hoping that Lily and Severus will find out after 2-3chapters or mo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
887K 28.9K 31
𝘌𝘛𝘌𝘙𝘕𝘈𝘓 | in which jasmine potter, aka the girl who lived, get's sent back thirty years into the past and falls for her godfather - while ha...
274 38 19
This is a fanfic of the marauders time at hogwarts, it follows remus prospective and what he feels and thinks as he faces the angst of the years Ple...
80.1K 890 60
What happened during the Marauder Era. Disclaimer: there a little bit of cursing , innuendos, and all around not appropriateness. This is also my fir...