Gwaedh [Legolas Love Story]...

By MoonStoneAndStars

Elarinya, a woman with an elvish name, was one of the many terribly affected by the War of the Ring. Even tho... More

Author's Notes
Special Thanks
Prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
Epilogue

XV.

1.9K 59 2
By MoonStoneAndStars

By the afternoon of the following day, Elarinya is allowed to leave the Houses of Healing, her wound making an impressive but slow recovery due to Legola's healing magic. Her blood is free of the poison too. 

The elf and the dwarf lead her to the throne room, where Aragorn wants Elarinya to meet his other friends. Éomer and his wife greet her kindly, and then Faramir approaches "My eyes must betray me, you remind me much of someone of my past. Tell me, do you have any relation with lady Saewynn?"

Elarinya smiles "She's my mother, lord Faramir."

Faramir wides his eyes with joy "Elarinya?" as she nods with a smile, Faramir hugs her "By the Valar, how you have grown!" He turns to his friends, who are impressed with this interaction "Her father trained both me and Boromir, he was our captain and the best swordsman in Gondor. I've known little Elarinya since she was born!" He turns again to her "Tell me, how are Saewynn and Eamond?" 

Elarinya smiles sadly "They have passed in the War. And I know that lord Boromir died too on the quest, I'm very sorry." 

"If it wasn't for your father's warnings, Boromir would have never joined the Fellowship, and perhaps the Ring wouldn't have been destroyed," he speaks solemnly "We will hold them in our hearts forever," there is a short pause "And tell me, how is baby Athelas?"

She laughs "No longer a baby, my lord. She is the most beautiful woman, an exact copy of my mother." 

Aragorn speaks "We will bring them back to safety."

Faramir nods "My dear, whatever you need, I will help. And you will always have a home in Ithilien if it is your desire. Here, let me present you my wife."

Elairnya bows "Lady Éowyn, Merry and Pippin have told me much about you. You are an inspiration."

Éowyn smiles "And I'm happy to meet a woman who is not afraid to fight." 

They continue talking throughout the afternoon and during dinner, telling tales of the past and getting to know each other. Aragorn speaks of the rescue mission for Elarinya's people, and Faramir offers "Aragorn, if you would allow it, I would send three of my men with you. They were partners of the company that was exiled, and their wives and the ones who survived should be more trustful in the presence of someone they knew."

Aragorn nods "It seems a good idea. Tell me, Elarinya, where are you hiding now?"

"Near Rivendell. The waterfall nearby hides the entrance to a considerable cave. I thought it was best and hardly found by the orcs, instead of the elven city," she looks at Arwen "And I didn't wish to pay any disrespects. Nor do I wish to separate you from your husband for this journey." 

Arwen smiles "These are people of Gondor and appearently an important part in preparing this kingdom to Sauron's attack. You and they deserve everything. And I know Aragorn will return, we can handle the palace for a while."

"We cannot forget the number of orcs seems to be increasing again," Gimli reminds as he smokes his pipe "Even after all we did."

"Why not going around?" Éomer suggests "Cross the Gap of Rohan and follow by the west side of the mountains. Surely there would be less orcs and it would be a safer journey." 

"Yes, that would be a great plan," Aragorn says gladly and turns to the lord of Ithilien "Faramir?"

"My men will be here in five days."

The king turns to Elarinya "Your wound?"

"I can handle it. It is healing and there isn't much pain."

As Aragorn is about to open his mouth and say an arrow wound takes long to heal, bleeds easily and needs care, Legolas intervenes humbly "I used some elven healing. It should be healed in three days."

Aragorn and Arwen glare in amazement at their friend, as they had never seen him heal anyone through all those years. Elarinya looks shortly at him too and then down at her flank, where she places her hand. 

Éowyn is the one to speak this time "But Gimli is right, this new surge of orcs doesn't make any sense after you dealt with them in Goblin Town. I assume you were attacked after it," Éowyn directs her words to Elarinya "Did you see where they were coming from?" 

"I believe they were coming from northeast, but we were in the mountains so they could be hiding anywhere north of there."

"What is north of Goblin Town?" Merry wonders out loud "The Grey Mountains? Gundabad?"

Legolas tenses under the name. Aragorn clears his voice and seems almost reluctant to say what he is about to say next "We should receive more information in some months." 

"What do you mean?" Pippin asks.

"The Elven King has decided to come to Gondor once summer arrives. He wishes to pay respect to us and Eldarion, and get to know Ithilien since most of his kind is going there. He also comes for some, hm, family affairs."

The whole room has its eyes on Legolas, his expression unreadable though he is as shocked as his friends, he keeps staring at Aragorn. 

Gimli scoffs "My father had quite the tales about Thranduil-"

"Gimli!" Elarinya hisses lowly between her teeth before he can continue.

"Is there anything we should do to prepare Ithilien?" Éowyn asks Legolas. 

"No," he speaks quietly "Just a royal chamber and some place for my guard to stay. If you'll excuse me." Legolas leaves the room. They all stay quiet for a while and resume talking once they realize Legolas needs some time alone and won't return. They start settling preparations, first for the banquet they must hold once Thranduil arrives, then for the mission for Elarinya's people. 

Legolas is in the balcony of his room. If his father wants to see him and wishes to visit Ithilien it can only mean one thing - Thranduil has been thinking about leaving for the Undying Lands. It may not be now, but what is a decade or two in the millennia of an elf? Merely a blink. The wind is very cold and the snow is falling, but none of that matters as the loud cry of the seagulls and the strong crashing of waves is all he hears. It takes control of his entire body and his mind can't shake the sound and tension away.

It distracts him such that hours pass and he doesn't notice Elarinya knocking and entering his room. "Legolas?" she walks closer to him and finds it strange that he hasn't moved the slightest, as he already identifies her by her steps. Could he be resting his mind, maybe ignoring her? She steps closer to him, out into the balcony "Legolas, can you hear me?" 

He still doesn't answer or is aware of her presence. But then her hand touches his forearm and the cry of the seagulls is lower, he returns to his body. He looks at her and she sees his gaze is serious and cold and far away. She stutters and removes her hand "I- I- I just want to thank you for healing my wound. My lord."

He keeps staring at her in the same way, and her eyes finally notice the pain and sorrow that are hiding in his. Elarinya gulps, takes one step closer and embraces her arms around his chest, her palms pressing on his back, her forehead on his left shoulder. She knows the elves usually do not hug unless they are quite close, but hugging brings comfort to men and he seems like he needs it. It takes Legolas a while, but he closes his eyes and returns the embrace. The sea slowly turns calmer, only hums on the back of his head. 

He is back to his normal self and enjoys the embrace, this kind of contact is new to him, even with all those years alive. It feels good and he cherishes it fondly as long as he can. She parts after a while, slowly, and Legolas has a sudden urge to pull her to him and don't let go, but he does not follow it. She seems nervous and shy "I am sorry Legolas, I know elves do not do this and it was quite innapropriate, but I felt you were needing-"

"Elarinya," he interrupts her softly "Thank you." 

She smiles shyly "I just- I came to thank you for healing my wound." 

He smiles in return and turns back to the landscape. Elarinya is afraid of leaving him like this, so she rests her elbows over the balcony too and stays by his side in silence, not saying a word to each other. He appreciates the company. 

After a while, he notices her resting her hand over her wound. She must be in pain. He takes her hand gently and places his own palm, closing his eyes and saying some Sindarin prayer. The pain alleviates and he hears her heart beating faster. He looks at her and her eyes drive away from him, her cheeks red. He smiles a little "I'm sorry for my manners, you must be tired. Come, let me take you to your room." 

He accompanies her and wishes her goodnight. Elarinya closes the door and sighs. Her heart is playing with her, she cannot have feelings for someone who will live forever. She goes to sleep and her heart keeps playing, as she dreams about how that hug lasts an eternity. 

_______

I hope you're enjoying this ride! Don't forget to vote and comment your favorite parts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 148 27
The line of Fรซanor. a line of problems. A line, of blood. A line that ended. Or so they thought. Lillian was raised in a small village set in the...
182K 2.1K 33
Y/n, Daughter of Elrond has been a strong and independent elf all her life. She sets out on a journey to destroy the one ring along with the other me...
194K 6.4K 77
"King Thranduil's voice rung out again, filling the area, 'And Legolas? Do not fail, she could be the tipping of the balance that Middle-earth needs...
61.7K 1.6K 43
โžค๐˜‰๐˜–๐˜–๐˜’ 2 โžค๐˜ˆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ ๐˜น ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜น ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ร‰๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 60 years have passed and Sauron is coming back more powerful than he has ever been...