curiosity kills | lee minho

By hyunjinsiconicmole

Crush Series #2 in which satisfaction brought it back started: 03 january 2021 ended: More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e

t w e n t y - t w o

12K 695 1.4K
By hyunjinsiconicmole

c h a p t e r  22

"I'm bored."

Crack.

Gyeoul didn't even notice that she was writing a little too aggressively that the lead of her pencil had broken. She put it down before taking a deep breath as an attempt to calm her head.

The prying brown haired boy peered over from the foot of her bed to frown at the pencil. "That's the third time." He pointed out the progressively growing stack of graphite on her desk. She said nothing and just grabbed for the sharpener, reviving the three inch pencil. "You should switch to mechanical pencils." He said, pursing his lips.

He looked quite comfortable on her bed. He was lying on it, stomach down, feet crossed in the air, chin on both hand.

Once again, she said nothing.

"I'm hungry." He announced. It was one of the many announcements for the past hour.

Gyeoul sighed. "You have thumbs, Minho." She said, twisting the pencil one last time before meeting his confused stare. "Suck them." She glowered.

"Are you still angry at me?" He smirked, crawling closer.

She scoffed, turning to her notes. "Please."

"Jealous, then?"

She scoffed again. "What's there to be jealous of?" She asked incredulously.

"You tell me." He smiled sickeningly sweet, which irked her since he was obviously taking pleasure in the situation.

She smiled sarcastically. "The only thing she has that I don't is probably dentures." She hissed.

He laughed at that.

•••

Yesterday

Gyeoul didn't know where she stood in their less than normal relationship. They obviously had feelings for each other–hell he even kissed her! But...then what? Was that it? Was it just a kiss? Or was it an official mark of their–whatever.

No. Not whatever.

After that little incident, Minho steered clear of being in close proximity with her. He stayed for a few more hours but did nothing else apart from annoy her. Was she disappointed? Maybe. One thing's for sure, he entered the room with her confused and left her with more questions. She could just ask though but the thousand pounds of pride in her system prevented her to. She was waiting to see if her curiosity would trump it. Expectedly, she decided to do the next best thing. Ignore the matter.

She walked across their veranda to enter the mansion.

At the moment, she was just glad that her cold dissipated quickly to allow her to make the best of her summer. One of which was earning income. The summer break was about to end and so were her sessions with Areum. Unfortunately for the said girl, the aneurysm never came.

"What's up, Seungmin." She greeted the boy who was once again, munching on some jellies. He waved happily, a blue strip dangling from his lips. He offered the bag of sweets to her to which she shook her head to. She couldn't possibly take one when it looked like it was his source of energy.

"Gyeoul!" Seoyun's voice echoed all over the empty living room. "Back already? Are you sure you're fully recovered?" She asked, concern written all over her face as the woman felt her up to check her temperature.

Gyeoul smiled. "I'm fine. It was just a cold." She assured, cradling the woman's hand with both hands.

Seoyun looked unconvinced but nodded otherwise. "Okay. I'll have some snacks prepared for you and Areum! You have to eat plenty so that you won't have to be sick again." The woman scolded, both fists on her waist.

Gyeoul nodded, already feeling warm.

She climbed up the stairs, to head for her student's room. As she was flipping the papers in her hands, she looked up from hearing a door close. She halted in her steps upon seeing a girl leaving the room, followed closely by...Minho. His room as a matter of fact.

The girl was wearing a floor length floral dress. She had long brown hair that was braided on the side. She was beautiful, Gyeoul would giver her that.

"You're sweating!" The girl giggled, whipping out a white handkerchief to wipe it away. Minho actually looked dead but didn't move away. "Let's get you some water." She said sweetly. That is when her eyes met Gyeoul's. "You!" She pointed, curling a finger to beckon her closer.

Gyeoul wasn't sure why she obliged. Actually she did know. It was to scout the enemy.

"Get me a glass of water." The girl said snippily before focusing back on Minho.

That is when Gyeoul met his eyes. She raised her brows, waiting patiently for him to introduce her. Even as a friend. And she was glad that he did or else he would've gotten a fist in his esophagus.

"Aria, she isn't one of the helpers. This is Gyeoul."

Said Aria girl raised a brow as she unnervingly scanned her from head to toe. It wasn't as unnerving in Gyeoul's case though. She was confident enough and if anything, she was delighted that Aria lost a tiny fraction of her smile.

"Pleasure to meet you." Gyeoul offered her hand to be polite. She kept her smile when Aria ignored her hand. She gently put her hand down, already have expected it.

"Likewise." Aria said still, hooking her arms with Minho. "He has told me a lot about you." She smiled, her head resting on his shoulder.

Gyeoul's hand irked to hit something. "All good things I hope. He hasn't told me anything about you though." The statement was directed more towards Minho.

Aria giggled. "He likes to keep me a secret."

I can see why.

It didn't take a genius that this girl topped the bitch boards.

"Here to tutor Areum again?" She was almost sneering. As if it was embarrassing.

Gyeoul joined her hands together behind her to stop the irking. "Well, I didn't come for Minho." She joked lightheartedly. It deemed fit that she made her purpose clear to the three of them.

Aria gave the fakest laugh before running her hands over Minho's arms. "You have great hair, by the way!" She gasped dramatically. "I wish I could have mine like that but you know what they say, natural's better." She shrugged with a smile.

Gyeoul returned the fake laugh. "Oh!" She gushed as if she was touched. "I'd love to dress like you too but I'd have to leave that stuff to my grandma, you know?" She shrugged back. "But thanks for the very backhanded compliment though."

She was being petty alright.

Minho has been silent the whole while with a smirk on his face and it annoyed her that he made no effort in pushing the koala next to him. But whatever.

Gyeoul didn't miss how Aria's eye twitched. Her smile never faltered though so points for that.

•••

Present

"I told you, she's just my dad's friend's daughter." Minho was still lying down.

Gyeoul tried to hide the fact that she was delighted that he didn't even call her his friend. Just a dad's friend's daughter.

"Does she know that?" She murmured, still annoyed.

Minho bit his lip to stop himself from laughing. He knew he would get a mouthful if he did. "I'm sure she knows her father." He joked.

"You're an asshole." She muttered.

He was smiling. He decided to change the topic. He didn't want to get kicked out of her dorm. "Why are you studying so early? We still a week left." He asked.

She flipped a page. "I just figured that reading myself to death would be better than listening to your voice." She deadpanned.

He smirked. "Can I have some water?"

"Fridge's right there." She gestured behind her with the pencil.

"Get it for me."

She glared at him. "I now see where Aria got her attitude." Her lips curled as she raised a brow.

"Just get it for me and I'll keep quiet. I promise."

With a sigh, she stood up and retrieved a bottle of water. She met his anticipating eyes. She was actually hesitant to walk up to him but she was already of close distance when he suddenly grabbed her arm and pinned her to the bed.

With a screech, she eyes shut from the impact. She blinked up at him to see a smirk. He was hovering over her, both arms pinned above her head with a single hand. She glared but felt her cheeks heat up anyway. "You're an animal."

He leaned closer, his breath fanning her hair. "Damn, right." He whispered right next to her ear. Her skin crawled as her heart spiked.

"I'm studying, Minho."

"Shall we do Science?"

"I have enough credits for that."

"A refresher never hurts anyone." He smiled innocently. "Let's do the anatomy of the human body." His smile was contrary to his wandering hands that were trailing agonisingly slow over the waistband of her shorts. It trailed higher and under her sweatshirt. Slowly, his fingers were drawing figures on her skin. Her breath grew heavier as he leaned even closer. "Eyes." He whispered, planting a kiss over her eyelids. "Nose." Again. He skipped the lips and went for her neck. "Neck." He felt how she swallowed and boy, was he delighted at how he affected her.

Suddenly, she doesn't know biology.

"Care to tell me where my heart is?"

(a/n: late update once again whats new? boy was this hard to keep pg. i feel like this chapter is a little lacking but forgive me it is 4 am ISKRKSJEKE i'll make the next one better jsksisje how is everyone :-( anyway i wanted to thank you for 2k followers what the hell?????? why?????? i hope you liked this chapter! stay safe and healthy everyone!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 3.8K 63
I swear I'll love you in a different way. - chan. °•s e m i c h a t a u•° 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝐴 𝐷𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑊𝑎𝑦 - 𝐷𝐽 𝑆𝑛𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑓𝑡...
74.4K 3.2K 21
A sequel to 'Give Me A Choice' Started: 20/08/2021 Ended: 21/11/2021
69.1K 2.5K 54
. Started: 17 july 2023 Ended:
49.1K 2.3K 54
"We're all spiraling, and I don't know what's going to happen when we hit the end." Started: 4/10/22 - 4/16/23