Without Her ✓

By IceBlueCold

"What is it?" I asked. "I want you" He said making me widen my eyes. He looked into my eyes and then back to... More

Prologue
Run Off
I Warned You
The Girl
Tension
New Emotions
Hate Me
Baking
Sleep
Keys
As long As I'm Here
Let Me
As Slow As You Want
Be With You
Little Donkey
Hold You
Text me
Leave me
Torture
Pleasure
Lie To Me
In The Arms Of A Murderer
Your Fault
Blindly In Love
Overwhelming
Kiss it better
Moving On
Last Time
Wait For Me
Can't take it
Dizzy
Dizzy pt2
I Trust You
All Fine Now
Close To Him
Breathe
Hurting
Cookies
Epilogue
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter

Stay With Me

14.8K 526 75
By IceBlueCold

Leo

"I have to go back and search for my keys" Tessa said after we finished breakfast and sat on the couch.

"I found them last night, but my friend has them. I'll tell him to bring them" I said texting Nate.

"Thank you" She mumbled and stared at the TV.

I felt a little weird after her question. Was she starting to doubt me? She would be right though and that made me feel really bad. I genuinely enjoyed her company and I wanted to spend more time with her. I'd forgotten all about my other motives, but I had to do something about that situation as well.

I couldn't tell the guys about Tessa. I couldn't tell Tessa about the guys and the whole mafia thing. I had to get information on the other gang's boss, but I had to be careful not to hurt Tessa in any way.

It was all so frustrating and irritating.

"Leo" Tessa called out, interrupting my thoughts.

"What?" I snapped, it came out more rude than I wanted and she raised an eyebrow at me.

"When is your friend going to get here? I have to go"

"Go where?"

"Somewhere"

"Tell me where"

"No"

Why won't she tell me? She was supposed to be in school. Where else does she want to go?

"Why?" I asked.

She sighed and closed her eyes," I just don't want to be a burden to you. I have to go sooner or later" She said opening her eyes to look at me. She looked so adorable with her big brown eyes and her thick lashes looking up at me. I didn't even try to hold back my smile.

"What if it's later then?" I said shifting on my feet.

Shit. I'm nervous.

"You're not a burden, Tessa. You'd know if I didn't want you here, trust me" I said.

She nodded mumbling "Okay"

"Unless you really want to leave and go somewhere else" I said

"No!" She said quickly and widened her eyes waving 'no' with her hands.

"Alright" I said smiling again at her reaction.

She wants to stay with me.

I felt happy that she wanted to stay. I never liked having guests, that's why I never invited anyone over. Nate would come by whenever he wanted to, but he was like family to me, not just a guest.

Tessa however, was something else that I couldn't explain. I couldn't explain why I enjoyed spending time woth her so much, or why I was happy that she wanted to stay with me.

She sat on the couch. It was as if she was home. She looked so comfortable sitting on the couch with my clothes on, that were too big for her.

My thoughts of her were interrupted by my phone ringing. I picked it up, already knowing who it was, "Hello"

"I'm outside your apartment building. Come get the keys" Nate said.

I was thankful he didn't want to come up, "Coming" I said and hung up.

"Where are you going?" Tessa asked, her attention now on me.

"To get your keys. I'll be right back" I said before getting my keys and leaving the apartment.

I saw Nate leaning on his car playing with the keys and walked up to him, "Give me" I said holding out my hand.

"Hello to you too" He said and threw the keys in my hand, "Find out whose they are as soon as you can. It could be very important" He said.

"Of course"

I looked down. I couldn't stand to look at him and lie like that. I was already angry at myself for treating him like shit even though he's always been there for me.

Why am I betraying my friends' trust for a girl?

That question had been on my mind for days. I wanted to hate Tessa so I can go on with my plan.

But how could I?

There wasn't a thing on this girl that I could hate. I could only hate myself for lying.

"Are you good?" Nate asked nudging my shoulder and bringing me back to reality.

"Huh? Yes, just zoned out for a few seconds" I said.

"You've been acting really stressed lately, Leo. If there's something you want to talk about, even about the job, I am always here" He said putting his hand on my shoulder, "I'm your friend before anything"

This was supposed to make me feel better, but it didn't. It just made everything worse. He cared so much about me and I was lying to his face.

"I need to go" I mumbled and walked back inside the building before he could say anything else.

I went back to my apartment to find Tessa in the same spot.

I should hate her. Why can't I hate her?

But the answer was right in front of me    as she looked up at me and smiled brightly with her legs slightly moving excitedly. She looked so happy to see me. I'd never had anyone look this happy to see me.

"I got your keys" I said showing them to her.

"Thank you" She said softly.

I nodded in response, not really in the mood to talk.

"Are you okay?" She asked the smile leaving her face. She looked concerned about me. I didn't deserve it. I was lying to her as well as all the others.

"Yes" I said, "Maybe it's better if you go now. I have some things to take care of " I said and instantly regretted when I saw how her gaze slowly dropped to the floor and how her shoulders fell.

She looked so disappointed and hurt and I was the reason.

"Oh" She said, "Okay. I'll just go get my clothes" She said and quickly walked to my room.

I ran my hands through my hair and sat on the couch, "How can I be so stupid?" I asked myself.

A few moments later Tessa walked out of the room wearing the clothes she was wearing yesterday, that were now washed and holding her phone.

She took the keys from where I'd left them and put her shoes on, "Bye" She mumbled quietly before leaving the apartment, not letting ne reply.

"Fuck. What have I done?" I said to myself and fell back on the couch.

I hated myself. I hate myself for lying to my friends, for lying to Tessa and for treating all of them like shit. I was frustrated and felt torn.

I'll make it up to her. I have to.

_________

A few days past and I had not talked to Tessa. She hadn't made any attempt to talk to me either.

I'd told Ares that the keys belonged to a random old lady who had no kids or family and that I'd returned them to her. I didn't know how but he bought it, or at least he acted like he did. We'd made a few progress and found out a few information about the person we were looking for, but it wasn't enough. Not even close.

But that wasn't the reason why I wanted to talk to Tessa. I wanted to talk to her because I'd missed her. I'd missed her so much.

I saw her walking out of the school with her friends and waited until her gaze fell on me, but she immediately looked somewhere else.

She ignored me. How can she ignore me like that?

I smirked. She thought she could just act like she didn't see me, but I wouldn't let it go like that.

"Hey, Tess!" I called out as loud as I could.

All the attention was on us now and I could see how flustered Tessa was.

Her friends were looking at her in question, one of them looked like she was asking her a lot of questions.

Tessa sighed and closed her eyes before opening them again. I could see the fury in her eyes and I couldn't help but smirk at that. She walked up to me, grabbed my forearm and led me to a .ore secluded area.

"What the fuck!?" She yelled.

"Calm down-"

"Calm down!? You come to my school, after not talking to me for days and embarrass me in front of everyone and you want me to calm down? How am I ever going to show my face here again!?"

"Why am I so embarrassing for you? I don't understand" I said.

I really didn't know why people couldn't see us together and why she cared so much.

"They're going to assume stuff" She said crossing her arms and looking around.

"So what if they do? Why do you care so much? I graduated high school less than two years ago and I know people talk and gossip all the time. You shouldn't care"

"They're probably going to assume we're dating. What if my dad hears those rumours?" She said more to herself, clearly not listening to what I was saying.

"Tessa" I said firmly and put my hands on her shoulders, "If you worry that much, I'll take care of it" I said.

"How?" She asked.

I smirked, "I've got connections. I'll make sure no one says a thing, okay?" I asked.

She nodded quickly.

"I missed you" I said seeing her eyes go wide, "I'm sorry for telling you to go a few days ago. It's just something came up and I was a little upset" I said leaning closer to her.

"It's okay. It's your home after all. I'm not going to get mad because you didn't want me there"

"No! it's not that-" I trailed off and ran my fingers through my hair, "I wanted you there, I just didn't want you to see me upset"

"Leo, I know it's only been, like, a month since we met, but if you need to talk to someone, I'm here" She said putting her hand on my chest gently. The gesture made me feel safe and cared for in a way, but what she said made me feel even more guilty.

I'm lying to everyone.

I tried to control my emotions and stay calm for her. I didn't want to say anything I don't mean and upset her.

I put my hand on top of hers that was on my chest and leaned closer, "Thank you, Tess"

She stayed there, looking up at me with her hand on my chest and mine on top of it. I couldn't look away and it seemed like she couldn't either. After what seemed like a few minutes, she snapped out of it.

"My friends are probably waiting for me" She said and pulled her hand back from my chest.

"You can introduce me if you want. They seemed really worried" I said remember one of her friends asking her questions.

"Yeah, Jane is-" She trailed off trying to find the words, "She worries a lot about us. If you don't want me to introduce you it's fine. Don't feel like you have to do anything out of guilt"

"No, I plan to stay for a while" I smiled at her hoping I wouldn't scare her away, "Your friends should know. I wouldn't want them to worry or think that I am an ass"

"You kind of are" She said crossing her arms, but I saw her trying to fight back a smile.

"Shut up" I said rolling my eyes, "Let's go"

She took my hand and led me to where her friends were. They were talking to each other and one of them, Jane, seemed really worried. Serenity seemed a little worried but was patiently waiting without speaking a lot. However, they both stopped talking when they saw us approaching them.

"Hi" Tessa greeted.

Jane scanned me up and down with a suspicious look on her face. Serenity kept a smile on her face, but she seemed uncomfortable and slightly moved to get behind Jane.

I've heard Ares saying she's really kind but shy. It's sad seeing her behaviour when you know her situation. Ares won't stop talking about it.

"Hello" Jane greeted putting a smile on her face.

"This is Leo" Tessa said pointing at me, "He's a friend"

"I'm Jane. Nice to meet you"

"Serenity"

They both introduced themselves at the same time, "Nice to meet you" I said.

"Leo and I have some things to discuss so we're leaving now" Tessa said quickly before taking my hand and walking away with me.

"Why did we leave so suddenly?" I asked walking behind her.

"Jane would interrogate you if we didn't leave soon"

"And where are we going?"

"Oh"

She stopped and turned to look at me. Her thumb and intex finger played with her bottom lip as she thought about my question.

Her lips seem so soft. I wonder if they feel soft too.

"Come with me"

She didn't really give me a choice since she took my hand again and started walking. It was a really sweet gesture especially coming from her, it showed that she was comfortable around me and that made me smile. 

_________

I took a few hesitant steps forward with Tessa behind me, on her tip toes, covering my eyes.

"Where are we?" I asked. 

"You can look now" She said.

I opened my eyes and looked around me in awe. I could see the whole town from up here and the view was incredible. Even though I'd lived here for years I'd never been here.

"It was worth coming all the way up here" I mumbled.

"Do you like it?" She asked.

"Of course, this place is beautiful"

She sat down on the ground and looked at the view, "I used to come here often when I was younger"

Younger. Does that mean she used to come here with her mother?

Her lips were curved into a subtle smile, but she seemed more upset than happy.

I sat down beside her and stroked her cheek, "What is it?" I asked.

"I used to come here with my mom" She finally revealed.

I kept quiet and gave her the time to prepare to say more, or nothing at all. I could wait for her to trust me and tell me the whole story. I could be patient with her even though I was known for my patience.

Or I thought I could.

"She was killed when I was fourteen"

I widened my eyes in shock. I really wasn't expecting that. I knew her mother had passed away like that guy said. The anger in her face when she said that and the way she clenched her fists were obvious signs that she knew something.

"I saw it happen, Leo"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 109 31
"Fuck off!" I yell, storming away. The nerve of that guy. It was a one night stand, I didn't marry him! I grumble as I plop into my car. Why was he...
4.3M 117K 53
"I don't want to go with you" I whispered... Big mistake. I screamed as he slammed me down to the ground hard and held my neck, he straddled my hip...
1.9K 345 42
"I can't do this again," I say almost as a whisper. He starts to bite lightly on the skin on my neck. Okay, I'm having a hard time breathing right n...
877 77 36
Settling between my legs he looked me in the eyes, softly whispering to me "what are you doing to me woman" I see his gaze flicker from my eyes to my...