Severus Snape Imagines

By Sophie_Snape

A collection of imagines of our favourite Potions Master, Severus Snape. Will contain fluff, angst, heated ma... More

Requests Rules
Stars in your eyes
Frozen
Darling of mine
I won't let go
Stand by you
Thin Ice
Because I love you!
Sleeping Beauty
The ring
Love never dies
Ineffable
Big News

Mother of Dragons

2.8K 47 8
By Sophie_Snape

So I kind of based this on 'Game of Thrones'... I hope you like it :D

You were walking to your classroom after breakfast to start your lessons. Your (f/c) robes flowing behind you gracefully. You were the Care of Magical Creatures teacher and often taught your lessons inside unless it required the demonstration of a creature which in that case, you along with the students would go to Hagrid's where he kept all the creatures.

"Professor (l/n)." you turned around at the sound of that deep voice that called your name. A voice you knew way too well.

You met the gaze of none other than Severus Snape, The Potions Master. One of the most feared professors at Hogwarts "Good morning, Professor Snape," you greeted politely "Is there something I can do for you?"

He was towering over you when he asked "Actually, I was wondering if you'd like to have a drink in my chambers after lunch? There is something I need to discuss with you." You were about to accept when suddenly, you remembered that it was Friday and on Fridays you had something really important to do.

"I'd love to," Severus was inwardly happy when you said this but his joy turned to curiosity when you said your next words "but I'm afraid today I can't do it. Would it be fine if we leave it for another day? Perhaps tomorrow?"

Severus wanted to ask you why you couldn't meet him today but that might have sounded a bit intrusive and he didn't want you to think that of him "Yeah, sure." he said in his usual monotone voice.

You smiled brightly at him and said "Great, have a nice day, Professor." but before you could walk away he said "Please, call me Severus." you smiled again and said "Alright, Severus. You might as well call me (y/n)." and with that, you resumend your journey back towards your classroom leaving a shocked Severus behind.

Truth be told, the important thing Severus wanted to discuss with you was his feelings towards you. Since the day you arrived, he was captivated by your beauty and kindness that he soon found himself falling for you. But now doubts clouded his mind 'Were you seeing someone?' 'Did someone ask you on a date?' 'Were you in love with another man?'

These and more questions repeated themselves over and over in his mind so he decided to take matters into his own hands. Severus was going to find out why you couldn't meet him that evening, without you knowing it, that's for sure.

|•🐍❤️🐍🖤🐍❤️🐍•|

That day at lunch time, you sat in your usual place between Severus and Minerva, you were in deep conversation with the older witch and as she was occupied telling you about some transfiguration spells she taught that day, you took your serviette and put it on your lap, putting in it some meat from your plate along with some bacon and ham.

Professor McGonagall was oblivious at what you were doing but it didn't go unnoticed by the Potions Master as he knitted his eyebrows together at your actions.

You wrapped the napkin so its contents wouldn't fall and then said "I'm sorry but I have to go, I have lots of work to do." Minerva nodded at you and you stood up from your seat with the serviette tightly grasped in your hand.

A couple of minutes after you left the Great Hall, Severus stood up from his chair and left the big room without saying a word to his colleagues. As he was walking through one of the many corridors of the castle, he saw you walking at a fast pace across the courtyard, you had your cloak on, which you didn't wear at lunch and he could see the napkin still in your hands.

|•🐍❤️🐍🖤🐍❤️🐍•|

You walked past Hagrid's hut and entered the Forbidden Forest glancing around you to check if you were not being followed. You didn't see a soul so you continued walking through the dark forest.

You've been there countless times so you didn't get lost.

You walked around ten minutes, every step you took made you go deeper and deeper into the forest, suddenly, you heard a roar from a distance and your eyes widened before picking up your pace, now running through the forest, lifting your robes with one hand as the other held the serviette.

Then you arrived at a clearing, only to be faced by a black dragon circling in the clearing. It turned to look at you and it roared forcefully but you didn't even flinch. Little did you know that Severus was hiding behind some bushes and his eyes went wide when the dragon didn't attack you. "That is no way of greeting me, Nerverm." you said to the gigantic beast in front of you.

You held a straight face but then, the dragon, who's name was Nerverm made a whining sound and put it head on the ground, looking up at you with its big blue eyes "That's better." you said as you showed him the serviette with food. Casting a simple spell over it, you placed it on the ground in front of you and the big dragon started to eat from the endless food you brought him.

Once Nerverm was satisfied, you casted another spell and the napkin disappeared. You sat cross legged on the floor as the dragon put its head on your lap. With delicate movements, you started to massage its head.

Suddenly, the sound of a branch breaking made Nerverm stand up, he had his wings sprawled, ready to attack. You also stood up from your sitting position and with your wand held tightly, you said "Who's there?" But there was no response "Show yourself or the dragon'll attack!" you shouted.

Then, a dark figure emerged from the forest before they stepped into the light and you saw the man you had grown to love "Severus, what are you doing here?" you asked, lowering your wand at him but his eyes were glued to the dragon standing behind you.

Nerverm started to shake its wings, making strong wind surround you both. The dragon felt threatened by the presence of the Potions Master but before it could do something severe, you held your hands in the air and shouted "It's okay! Nerverm, Severus is a friend. He will not harm you!"

Then, you held out your hand towards Severus, gesturing to him to take it. Gladly, he did but he never took his eyes off of the black beast. The dragon seemed to understand that the man dressed in all black meant no harm and it calmed at your shouts.

You never let go of Severus' hand as you started to approach the dragon, who had steam coming out of its nose "It's okay. It's okay, Nerverm. I promise it's all fine." you said in a low voice.

And after taking a couple of steps towards the dragon, you were finally touching it again. The steam stopped coming out of its nose and it closed its icy blue eyes. You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. "Come on, you can touch it now." you said to Severus but you didn't give him time to say something as you pressed his large hand on the dragon's nose, your hand was on top of his but neither of you seemed to mind.

A slight blush painted your cheeks when he didn't retrieve his hand back, then Nerverm opened its eyes and it glanced down at you and Severus.

The moment was too perfect to last as suddenly, thousands of smaller dragons started to circle around you three. You recognised this as Ice Dragons. These creatures only sought territory and blood, not caring if they killed other dragons in the process.

You and Severus pulled your wands out to defend yourselves. "Expelliarmus!" he casted "Reducto!" you said "Petrificus Totalus." he said. More and more spells were casted by the both of you but then, blue fire was directed towards the both of you by one of the Ice Dragons.

Severus pulled you into his arms and shielded you with his body but he was surprised when the fire hit niether of you as your loyal dragon had put its wing between you two and the fire.

You looked up at Nerverm as it started to spit fire towards the Ice Dragons, but they were circling you three.

Then, the black dragon let out a big roar and you understood what he wanted you to do.

Severus had your hand grasped tightly in his, not wanting to get you out of sight but it was you who pulled him away and into one of the sides of the black beast.

You started to get on the back of the dragon "(y/n), what are you doing?!" Severus shouted in the middle of the chaos "Trust me!" you shouted back before you offered him your hand.

In an impulse, he took it and when the both of you were mounting the black dragon, it spread its wings and flew onto the sky.

Instinctively, Severus' hands held onto your waist which caused butterflies to erupt in your stomach, you were holding onto the back of Nerverm, as it flew sharply through the sky.

"Keep your head down and a firm grip." you said as the black dragon started to fight the Ice Dragons in the sky.

You and Severus were covering yourselves in the back of the black dragon as it flew between the clouds. He never let go of your waist both for his and yours' security.

Suddenly, Nerverm stopped just standing there in the sky. Cautiously, you lifted your head only to notice that the Ice Dragons were gone, either the black dragon lost them or it fought them.

"Is it over?" Severus asked from behind you "I think so." you said to him. "Nerverm get us back to the forest." at your words, the black dragon flew back from where it came but in a much more gentler way than before so you and Severus were able to admire the beautiful sight from above the clouds.

The dragon landed on the same clearing it came from in a delicate way, the Potions Master jumped from the back of the dragon before he helped you in doing the same. Once the two of you were standing on safe ground, Nerverm nudged you with its head, Severus stepped back from the dragon while you smiled at it.

"Listen to me, you need to go, Nerverm. It's not safe for you to stay here, okay?" The black beast made a sound of sadness and it made tears tickle at the corner of your eyes "I know, I know, I love you too.... I promise I'll go visit you and your brothers... goodbye, Nerverm."

Severus watched the interaction from afar, amazed at how the dangerous creature was so close to you.

Then, he saw how it spread its wings and flew into the air one more time. You waved at the dragon as it got lost in the clouds.

Severus approached your form, you were wiping some tears from your eyes "Are you alright, (y/n)?" he asked. You turned around and said "Yes, yes... I'm fine." you two stared at each other for a whole minute, processing what you two just lived "I suppose I owe you an explanation."

"That would be greatly appreciated." said the Potions Master, making you chuckle slightly "How about I tell you everything with a drink?" his eyes sparkled at what you said. After all, Severus got to have a drink with you, which was what he wanted from the beginning.

He nodded at you and the both of you started to walk back towards the castle.

|•🐍❤️🐍🖤🐍❤️🐍•|

Sitting on Severus' couch in his living quarters with a glass of firewhiskey in your hands you said "Okay... what I'm about to tell you stays between us, alright?" he nodded at you before you took a deep breath and continued.

"It all started in seventh year... I sneaked out of my dorm at night as I couldn't sleep and while I was wandering in the Forbidden Forest, I came across three dragon eggs that were abandoned by their mother. It so happened that that night the dragons broke the egg and... well I was the first living thing they saw when glanced at the world for the first time, so they considered me as their mother."

Severus took a sip from his own drink, now very interested in the story you were telling him

"I couldn't take care of them at that moment so I pleaded Hagrid to watch them for me while I finished my studies. He, obviously, agreed, which I wasn't very surprised about. Anyways, after I graduated I continued with my studies on Care in Magical Creatures and I was back as soon as I finished my career as I wanted to be there the day of the fly."

"The day of the fly?" Severus asked "It's the day they leave their mother to create their own family, their nest as we know it." at your explanation he nodded.

"Silier and Canzier flew away together at the beginning of the school year, but Nerverm needed his time." Severus took another sip from his drink "Anyways, I'm sorry I turned down your offer in the morning, Severus, but I really needed to be there for my black dragon... after all they are like my children. But what was what you wanted to discuss with me?"

At your question, the Potions Master internally panicked as he didn't think you'd remember your conversation with him that morning.

Taking a deep breath and getting his courage together, Severus put his nearly empty glass on the coffee table and sat himself closer to you. He took your glass from your hands and put it next to his before he grabbed your hands in his large ones.

Your gaze fixed down at the sudden contact and the Potions Master was quick to notice the slight blush that painted your cheeks.

"Listen, (y/n)... I'm not very good at expressing myself but, I want you to know that... that I like you in more than a friendly way." your breath hitched in your throat at his words but you stayed silent, wanting to hear his next words

Your lips parted slightly when one of his hands cupped your cheek "I want you to know that I love you, (y/n). Since the day you arrived I have fallen in love with you." and without waiting another second, Severus pressed his lips to yours in a soft almost shy way.

To say you were in shock was an understatement as never had you imagined that Severus Snape, the cold hearted professor at Hogwarts would fall in love with you too. Yes, it was true, you were in love with him too and before he got to separate from the kiss, you kissed him back tenderly.

When you two parted away from each other you said, looking up at his onyx eyes "I love you too." your foreheads were pressed together, just staring at each other "I think we should thank Nerverm for this." you said which earned a deep chuckle from the Potions Master.

A smile you were determined to see on his face everyday as you kissed him back in a loving way.

2536 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 28 31
( published between 01.10.2021 - 31.10.2021 ) this is my participation in @sxvxrxssnape​'s ( tumblr ) snapetober month 2021. for the whole of october...
5.5K 173 38
A seventh year hufflepuff girl (y/n) falls deeply in love with her potions master who happens to be your best friend's family friend, Professor Snape...
33 0 4
Severus Snape is Hogwarts stone cold Potions Professor, Albus Dumbledore's double agent, and the Dark Lord's "trusted" death eater. He prides himself...
66.3K 1.7K 43
It's your last year at Hogwarts and you couldn't be more exited. Especially because you get to see your favourite professor and crush since fourth ye...