Varian One-Shorts

By GGK1234

Let me know in direct message if you want me to write a short story. So,e story's will be longer then one cha... More

1
Old Corona ❗️
The brotherhood
I'm like a Bird
What hurts the most
Varians Secret pt 2 of WHTM
Little Brother to Big Brother
Please help
My Idol
Varigo❗️
Little Brother to Big Brother ❗️
Im back
Varians's Kids
Nightmare

Whos the real criminal? ❗️

507 11 10
By GGK1234

Disclaimer: talk of abuse, abuse, submitting/ control

Thank you for wanting so long, Suggested by VarianWolf

———————-
"We know how to help Qurin now. We should set him free, I know Varian hurt us but he still should have his dad. Who knows maybe he has be released. With the help from my dad maybe is is better?" Rapunzel said to her Eugene.
"Ya, I do miss the little guy. He was funny and really smart." When they arrived they went straight to Varians house. A cloth was covering the amber based statue of the leader of Old Corona. They ripped the cloth off and were shocked. Seeing the man trapped in amber sent a chill down Rapunzels spine. If she felt this way looking at it, she could only imagine how Varian felt though the months he was alone. Looking at his father trapped in the very creation he made.
"We should have been there for him. He was alone, scard, it was our job to help him though that rough time. His dad could have died and we wouldn't have know. I talk about being there for friends, for not leaving friends behind, but that's what I did to Varian. Not even an adult a 14 year old child. Sure he was smart as an adult but he still was a child at the end of the day and he is going to react like a child would."
"Blondie you can't exscure his behavior"
"I'm not, I'm only saying we shouldn't have been surprise. And what is Qurin going to think".
They wrapped her hair around the amber and she started the incantation. Within minutes the amber had melted away leaving only Qurin. The man fell to the ground and took a few deep breath. Rapunzel ran to his side to make sure he was ok.
"Qurin are you ok? Do you need water or anything" Qurin looked up seeing the Prinsess and Eugene but his son was no where to be seen.
"Varian! Where's my son!" Rapunzel looked over her shoulder at Eugene and he just scratched the back of his neck.
"Um... about that. You might want to sit down. Its a long story." Qurin's heart starting pounding faster, imagining the worst. Did his son get hurt, was he alone, is he even alive? Rapunzel told him everything, not leaving out any detail. Once she was done with the story Qurin looked at the ground, finding it very interesting. He thought about what the prinsess told him, what his son did, how he was alone during all this. No one was with him, a fourteen year old boy was alone to try and sort out his feelings. When he finally looked up he glared at Rapunzel.
"Why was he alone, why did no one come and make sure he was ok. Why did the guards come to my house to try to find part of the Demanatis scroll instead of cheacking up on him. HE LOST HIS FATHER! HE LOST ME! HE HAD NO ONE ELSE! AND YOU WERE SUPRISED HE ACTED OUT!" He screamed at the prinsess. Eugene came in to defend her, claiming what happend was not her fault.
"He had no reason to kidnap the Queen, it was wrong!"
"I'm not saying is ok, but he is fourteen, he can bearly stort out his feelings for girls. People here never liked Varain, with his alchemy and inventions. You guys were his first friends. You guys were the first people; other then me; to accept him and you betrayed his trust. He needed you and you wouldn't help. I can only imagine he drove himself crazy staring up at me everyday. I bet he tried everything to get me out. You said he thought your hair would brake it, and it did, not like how he thought, but it did. Varian is a kind, sweet, gentle boy who would never intentionally hurt someone, but congratulations you drove him to be someone he is not". There was silence in the room. No one knew what they say next.
"Take me to him, I want to see him, he needs to know that I am ok. I need to hug him." Rapunzel nodded. As they walked to the castle Rapunzel replaied what Qurin said. He is right, Varain was alone, and was only a kid. She figured they viewed him older becasue he was so smart and clever, but at the end of the day, he is still just a kid and would react like any fourteen year old would. Rapunzel didnt even notice that they reached the castle. The three walked into the throne room, Rapunzel ran to her father and mother and engulfed them into a hug.
"I missed you so much!"
"Oh I'm so happy your back! We all missed you so much!" The King responded.
"Did you find your destiny?" Her mother asked.
"Yes, and some other things. We were able to set Qurin free" Rapunzel stepped aside. The two royals eyes landed on Qurin's angry ones.
"Qurin, my old friend your-" before the king could finish Qurin put his hand up. Not caring that this was the King, right now this was the man who ignored the signs of the rocks, who ignored his son, who could have stopped all of this from happening.
"I am not your friend. That ended the moment you ignored my son's plea for help, for letting a rumor spread that he attacted Rapunzel the night he asked for help, when Rapunzel herself says thats not true." Fredrick was quick to respond.
"Varian was out of control" Qurin interrupted him.
"The way I herd it he was out of control at the end. He stole a dead flower, you and I both know that had no magic in it. Do you not understand that a fourteen year old's kids emotions dont make sense, they don't know how to handle things well, well I guess you wouldn't know anything about that!" Fredrick was about to respond but Nigel interrupted him.
"How dear you talk to the king that way. We should have you arrested! Your family is crazy!"
"I like to see your try. I'm a member for the brotherhood, I'm a knight" Qurin took a breath, he needed to calm down. Being hostile like this would not let him see Varian.
"I need to see Varian. Please" the King was about to say no, but the Queen intervined.
"Of course you can see your son. We wouldn't want to separate a kid and their parent." She said looking at her husband. She lead them down to the cells, no one talked the whole time.
"He is in the third one. Qurin can I talk to your for one moment, it wont take long." Qurin nodded. The other two went one to look for the kid.
"Qurin I want you to know I dont blame Varian, and I personally was never informed on what happend the day of the storm. I would have cheacked on him. This should never have happend. I never meet the boy before, but what Rapunzel told me he seemed like the sweetest and kindest kid" He apreacated the kind words of the Queen and believed them to be true.
"Thank you your highnesses". Qurin walked down the hall, preparing himself to see his son behind bars. He hated this, his son did not deserve this, non of this would have happend if they would have just been a decent person and make sure he was ok. He meat up with the two others.
"Hey Varian, um how have you been?" Rapunzel asked not knowing what to ask her friend. Could she even call him that, of course she would be delighted to call him a friend again, but could he forgive her, would he want to be friends again? Varian didn't say anything or do anything. Eugene noticed the chain attached to his foot. It was around 5 feet long, just long enough to get to his bed, but not to the bars of the door. He nudged Rapunzels shoulder and pointed it out to her. She was shocked, what kind of help is that. Qurin could only steer at his son he couldn't believe what the Prinsess told him what happend. He felt like a failure as a father. Everything Varian ever did was to make him proud.
"Varian" that made the kid perk up a bit.
"D-dad?" Varians voice was hourse, like it wasn't use to talking.
"Varian I am so sorry" Qurin started to say. Varian got to his feet spun around and ran to the door to touch his father, but he was pulled back by the chain on the floor. He feel and screamed in pain holding his rib cage. The fact that he couldn't touch his father destroyed the boy. He had his dad back, he was out of the amber, but he was still untouchable. It's like life was mocking him, the thing he wanted the most was right in front of him and it was out of reach.
"DAD" Varian looked up and everyone could see the marks and scars on his face, some old, some new. On his left check you could even see fresh blood. Everyone was shocked to see his face.
"Varain what happend to you?" Rapunzel asked the child. Varian just turned away and looked outside.
"Wait why are you still in here? Its been like three months." The response that came next made Rapunzel and Eugenes stomach drop and made Qurin's blood boil.
"I was charged as an adult"
"WHAT! WHY!?"
"Apparently what happend to me dosnt matter. The fact I lost my father, the fact that no one helped me, the fact that no one cared, that fact that the king ignored the rocks in the beginning means nothing. I lost the one person who cared about me. The one person who loved me. When I asked for help, no one cared. I know you couldn't have helped then, I get that now, but after? But it dosnt matter, I deserve to still be in here"
"No you dont Varain. You made a mistake, you were hurt and you acted out, but three months is a long time. What happend to your face?" Eugene asked.
"I dont want to talk about it. I never want to talk about it."
"Varain who hurt you?"
"I SAID NO RAPUNZEL!" Varain realized he just yelled at her, he whipped his heard around, a dark gray haze called fear clouded his once bright blue eyes.
"Please, I'm sorry for yelling, don't hurt me. I will never do it again. Just please, I can't. " he was backing up as far as the chain would let him.
"Varian I wasn't going to hurt you. Why would you think that?" Qurin being smart put the pieces together. He stormed out of there pissed beyond imagin. Varian watched this and he thought his dad walked away from him.
"Dad I'm sorry, come back. Please" sadly Qurin didn't hear this, to much in his head. Thinking of who would hurt his son like that. Eugene ran after him wondering why the man left angry.
"Someone is going to die" he said walking back and forworth with frustration.
"Why?" Eugene asked. Qurin stopped in his track and looked at Eugene as if he was going to kill him.
"Did you not see what I saw. I saw a boy who was chained to the ground, a fourteen year old kid charged as an adult; thats life, a kid who thought he was going to be punished for yelling at Rapunzel, meaning he has gotten hurt. The scars on his face proves it and it wouldn't surprise me that he has scars all over his body as well; seeing the way he held his rib cage when he fell. And who ever has done this will die a very slow and painful death." Rapunzel ran out to where the two men were.
"Qurin you need to comeback Varian thinks your mad at him and that you left him alone." Qurin ran back to the cell where his son was and saw Varian on the floor in a ball crying.
"Dad I'm sorry. Please forgive me, I need you. Dad please" this broke his heart. Varian was once a strong kid and now to see him broken shattered his heart.
"Varain I am right here. Ok, I am not mad at you, I never was. Please Varian tell me who did this to you. Who hurt you?"
"Everyone turned their back on me, so I turned my back on them. I wanted them to know what it was like to loose the people you love. I just wanted you back. I hurt people, I hurt the Queen, I stole form the castle. I deserve the treatment I am given". For the first time sience his wife died, Qurin cried.
"Oh Varain, what did they do to you?" Qurin took a deep breath, crying wasnt going to save his son.
"I will fix this, we will set you free" and he walked out of the dungeons. He was meet with Rapunzel and Eugene, he looked them dead in the eyes.
"You are helping me find out who hurt Varian, and setting him free. What he did was wrong yes, but he is fourteen, he lost me and no one helped him. He was alone to deal with the loss of me. And as you said, he has been in there for three mounts. He is charged as an adult, I dont know if you know this, but thats life, and he is only fourteen" the two nodded.
"Of corse we are going to help. I think we should talk to my father first, he might know"
"NO! The Queen. The king has more of a motive to hurt him, the Queen is forgiving and a mother as well. Mother's have this thing about them." Rapunzel was somewhat offended that he would think that her dad would do such a thing, sure he was angry with Varain but he wouldn't hurt him.
"Qurin, my father said he would get Varian help, I don't think he would hurt him."
"Dose it look like he got help?" Qurin snapped back. "When you went missing, he locked up every criminal they could fined, petty theivs and look what that gave us, Lady Cane. Truth is, when someone threats his family, he's losses all sense of logic." Rapunzel knew about Lady Cane and her story, she was there when she tried to take over the kingdom at her coronation. She nodded.
"Ok, Rapunzel, you go and ask to talk to your mom, bring her in your room and Eugene and I will be waiting there, and then we will ask her if she knows anything." Rapunzel nodded, not likeing the idea of going behind her fathers back, but Varian needed her help and she was not going to let him down a second time. The three left the dugons.
Meanwhile Nigle was heading down to the dugones to meet up with Varian. The boy was still on the floor silently crying. Varain heard the keys giggle and his eyes grew big and his body started to shake. He knew what that sound meant.
"Boy, its time for your punishment" Nigle grinned, eyes filled with power and wickedness. Varian knew he was suppose to get up and stand with his head down and hands behind his back, but he just couldn't. His dad was back, he was alive and he just wanted him right now. He just wanted to be wrapped in his dads arms and be told everything will be alright. Varian knew things wront be, but he wanted to believe things could be. He had given up on the idea that his dad could be saved, but he was wrong, so he wanted to believe he was wrong about his current situation, but deep down he knew things wont chang. What power did his dad have over Nigle?
"Boy I said its time for your punishment, if you do not get up it will be worse!" Varian took a deep breath and did as he was trained to do. He stood up, bowed his head and put his hands behind his back. Nigle unlocked the door and walked behind the boy putting chains on his writs. A single tear ran down his face.
"Say the words" Nigle spoke right in the boys ear, his voice deep and sinister.
"I deserve this, I deserve to be beaten and brutalized" Varain sounded dead. He lost all hope in ever getting help. The only person who he saw was Nigle, there was no one to tell what was happening to him. He knew even if he did no one would belive him and Nigle would only make things worse, if that was even possible. In the beginning, he fought Niggle, he told himself that he would not be broken, but after and month he finally did. Niggle walked him to the room where he got "help". Varain got in the same pose, standing straight, head down and his arms were already behind his back. Niggle released him of his chains but Varian did not move.
"Good boy. Now keel and take off your shirt" Varian did as told and was scard for what was to come next. Nigle was mad, he knew this. Nigle knew that Varian's dad was going to meddle and try to figure out what was going on. Varain heard the loud crack then felt the leather on his back, he knew not to scream so he bit his lip. This went on a few more times, tears running down the boys face, but still no sound was uttered out of his mouth.
"What did you tell them?" Nigle said in a dark tone.
"Nothing" Varain whispered.
"LIES" he whipped the boy again, this time on his legs. He screamed in agony.
"What did you tell the prinsess?"
"Only I deserve it, but nothing else. I swear I wouldn't do that."
"And that you do. You deserve worse, I am being merciful, dont you forget it" Varain nodded.
"Th-thank you" Varain was told to stand in his pose and he did, handcuffs were placed on his wrist and Niggle walked him back to his cell attaching the chain to his ankle. When Niggle was gone and out of ear shot he cried.
"Dad, I'm sorry, but please help me" he murmured to himself. The young alchemist walked to his bed his left leg sticking out a little due to the chain on his leg.
    Qurin and Eugene were waiting in Rapunzels room and the prinsess went to go get her mother. Qurin was passing back and fourth trying to grasp the idea of someone hurting his son like that, grooming his son to believe what was happing to him was ok.
"Qurin you should sit down, you dont look so good"
"Wouldn't YOU NOT LOOK GOOD IF YOU FOUND OUT YOU WERE A HORRIBLE FATHER! OR IN YOUR CASE A HORRIBLE BOYFRIEND WHO DIDNT SEE THE SIGNS OF THE PERSON JUST WANTING TO INPRESS YOU. WOUDLNT YOU NOT LOOK GOOD IF YOU FOUND OUT SOMEONE WAS HURING RAPUNZEL AND SHE BELIVED SHE DESERVVED TO BE TORTURED!?"
"Your not a horrible father. And I know Varian is not a horrible kid. We will find out who is doing this, we will let Varian free. I promis"

"Ok Rapunzel get a hold of yourself you are only going to ask your mother if you can talk to her alone. Not that its your dad's fault. There is no way that he would do such a thing" she was interrupted by Niggle.
"Hello Prinsess, are you ok? I heard you went to go see the Demond himself" Rapunzel was confused at first, but them understood.
"Varain is not a Demond. He is a child who acted out when he was in need to help and got non."
"He is a boy who cant be trusted. He deserves much worse then what he's getting" Rapunzels eyes grew wide.
"NIGGLE! How can you say such a thing" the doors to the throne room were open, most likely opened becasue the guards could hear the prinsess talking to someone.
"What's going on?" The King said getting up form his throne.
"Nothing" Rapunzel glared at the man. "i need to talk to mom about something" The Queen stood up and walked over to her daughter.
"What about?" Arianna asked.
"Oh um... you know... girl stuff" the Queen laughed and walked with her daughter to her room.
"So what are we really talking about?" Arianna said when they left the throne room. Rapunzel looked at her mom then at the ground. She had no idea how to tell her mom about what they just discovered about Varian.
"Who's in charge of Varain?" She asked. The Queen looked at her daughter confused on the question but answered anyway.
"Yours father" those two words shattered all trust she had with the man. If her father is going to treat a kid like that, she dint want to be associated with him. How could her father do such a thing, did Varian do bad things yes, but he dose not deserve to be battered and bruised, to be groomed in thinking he deserves such treatment. Her eyes grew big, but then anger rose in them. She was getting Varain out of there, one way or another. The looked on her daughters face confused the Queen but she figured her questions will soon be answered. The Queen was surprised to see Qurin in her daughters room. She figured he would still be with Varian, but maybe seeing your son behind bars was tough. Before she was able to ask any questions herself Qurin was straight to the point, no hellos, no thank you for coming, nothing like that. Qurin didnt have time to be formal or polite.
"Who is in charge of my son!" Qurin spoke, rage roaring out of his speach.
"The King, Rapunzel asked the same question. What's going on?" Again, Qurin wasted no time.
"Someone is hurting my son, the King is ordering someone to torture my son. He had blood on his back, his face was beaten up, he couldn't even walk to the door with the five feet chain in the middle of the room. I didnt get to touch my son, he didnt get to touch me! He looked up at the amber that held me for months and now that I'm free he still cant hug me. He said he deserves what is happening to him. You go and look at him and you can't denie something is happening. Someone is hurting my son and-" Qurin was interrupted by Rapunzel.
"Niggle." She said.
"The royal advisor? Why?" Eugene asked.
"He is the one who made up the rumor about Varian hurting me, I imagine because he was the only other person who was there. And he just told me that... Varian deserves worse then life"
"He thinks Varian deserves death?" Eugene clarified stunned at the news. Rapunzel nodded, and for the second time today Qurin cried. He collapsed, the idea of someone taking away his son killed him. He felt a part of him die inside, the good part, the best part.
"No. he's a good kid, a great smart kid. He is all I have left. He is just a kid who was scard, he had no one, he did everything to make me proud but I was already proud of him, I have always been. If I would to have just shown it." Arianna got down next to him and gave him a hug.
"Qurin that is not happening. We are going to stop Niggle and anyone else who is involved and get Varian out."
"BUT HOW ARE WE GOING TO DO THAT! HE WONT TALK TO US!" Qurin yelled, directing it at no one in particular.
"We will find a way. Maybe if we just get him next to you. Maybe he will spill what is going on. I mean he trusts you the most right now" The queen suggested. "I will talk to Fredrick about this now that we know he has nothing to do with it" Qurin nodded.
          Qurin walked back to his house finding it empty and quite. He missed the nights where it would be two o'clock in the morning and he would be awaken by a boom that came from down stairs. He missed the loud sound of joy when Varain would suggsessfully solve the problem. The house was no longer a home, home meant that he had his pride and joy and right now that very thing was about a mile up the road behind bars who is getting tourtured.  Qurin walked down to the basement AKA Varian's lab. He got a good look at it this time, there was amber all over the floor boards, Varian's desk was on its side, papers were in chaos. If this wasn't a cry out for help he didn't know what was. He picked up a piece of paper that was next to the desk.

Hi Dad,
I'm trying to hold up, I'm trying to figure out how to set you free, but I cant. I know you must be disappointed in me, you told me to leave them alone and I didn't and now you are paying the price, as usual. I'm sorry I'm such a pathetic use of a son, I'm sorry I am not strong and tough like the other kids, I'm sorry you got me. I will make you proud of me, you will see then I wont be such a big disappointment i could be just a small one.
Nothing is working, I tried everything and nothing is working! The flower dosnt even work, its her stupid hair that will set you free. I know what I have to do, and I know what will happen to me if I get caught, but getting you free is the only thing I care about. You will be proud of me, I will make you proud" Qurin saw a dark spot on the paper. Varian cried while writing this.
"Son, you didnt have to do any of it. You knew what was going to happen and you did it anyway; for me." Qurin held the note against his chest and let the tears fall, not trying to stop them. The brave knight cried for hours hugging the paper as if it were his son. It was the last thing he had before his son faced true hell. What ever sweetness and innocence the boy had left was written on the note.

Arianna went to go find her husband. She heard him in the throne room, she was about it open the door when she heard the King ask about Varian.
"How is Varian doing? I think we could let him out soon, after all it has been three mouths. I know he was charged with four mouths but I dont think letting him out one mouth before would be bad."
"I'm afraid that is not a good idea your Majesty. You see Varian hasn't been getting better. I thought he was was it was just a ploy, his good behavior was fake"
"I should see him, I should make sure he is ok"
"I have to ill advise that. You see, he wants to kill you and the Queen, if he sees you it will only make him more angry." Arianna couldn't belive how well Niggle lied thought his theeth. She turned on her heal and went towards the dungeons to visit the boy herself. She was fed the same lie, but after hearing Rapunzel and Qurin she knew she had to see this for herself. She believed them, but if she is going to confront Fredrick about this, she better be able to say she saw it as well. Stan and Pete stood guard. They were about to tell her that the King never wants her down here, but she gave them a look that said get out of my way and dont make a sound. The two guards nodded and stepped aside. When she entered she saw how empty the Dungeon were. There were a few people but not a lot. She looked in every cell, she almost walked past Varian's if it weren't for a little raccoon that came running into the cell. The Queen couldn't see the boy that well, he hid in the darkness only a silhouette of a shadow. She saw something that was sticking up in the middle of the floor but couldn't tell what. It was dark outside and there weren't a lot of lights.
"Varian? Is that you?" The Queen asked in a sweet motherly voice. Instead of a voice she heard a chain move which confused her, chains were not allowed in cells, they deemed it to barbaric.
"Varain please answer me, I'm not going to hurt you or anything. Please talk to me". It was quiet for a while. The Queen turned to walk back to the door but stopped when she heard him, or what she thought. The voices was dark, not in a 'I'm the bad guy that's fine' but a raspy sounding voice that scard her. It sounded like he wasnt getting proper care at all. She grabbed one of the lights on the wall and held it closer to the bars. She could see a small chain that was hooked on the floor and that trailed to his left ankle. She looked up and she and Varain locked eyes. Last time she saw him he was ready to do what ever needed to free his father, last time he was angry, ragefull and alive. Now he looked like he was dead on the inside and out, almost like he was ready to give up, if he hadn't already. She saw the cuts on his face and she saw the blood on his shirt. She studied him as if she was going to be quizzed on it and his life depended on her score. She wanted to make sure she knew every scare, every dried blood drop, every bruse, so she could tell her husband about it. As she studied him she noticed how malnourished he was. His face was dark and looked sunken in, his hair was a mess and looked dirty like he hasn't taken a shower in... three months. She started to cry, they did this. They never went to visit Varain to see how he was. How could they make the same mistake twice.
"Varain I am so sorry, we should have been here, make sure you were ok, but we trusted that snake" Varain has never heard the Queen sound so venomous before.
"I'm sorry your Highness" Varain was on his knees head lowered as he was trained to do. Arianna was startled with his response.
"Varain I am not mad at you. I am mad at Niggle for neglecting you like this he-"
"No dont, I deserve what Niggle gives me. He never goes to far"
"NO VARIAN! You have been conditioned to belive that. You are a smart boy, you know this is wrong"
"To anyone else yes, but I was ready to harm you, that is not ok. I was out of control, I was a monster that deserves to be punished." The whole time he was still on his knees looking down and this made the Queen feel uneasy.
"Varain please stand up"
"This is my discussion position. When we talk I am on my knees to show you have the power" the Queen needed to process that, what is Niggle doing to this boy.
"Varian please stand up and look at me. I know Niggle told you to do that, trained you to do that, but its wrong. Please"
"I'm sorry" and he got up and looked at her, no emotion was showed on his face. It was just black as if he was a robot. Arianna went to go get the keys form Pete.
"Pete give me the keys, dont argue just do it" Pete nodded not wanting to get on the Queens bad side. Varain heard the keys and got into position. He heard the door open but nothing happend to him, no cuffs were put on him, but he still didnt look up thinking it might be a test, or a trick.
"Varian, what are you doing?" The Queen asked. He finally looked up and saw out was the Queen, Niggle was no were in sight, he let out a breath he didnt know he had. The Queen got on his level and placed a calming hand on his shoulder and instead of a smile she received a jump from him and Varian trying to move as far from her as possible. She was just now truly realizeing just how bad it was, he was conditioned, he was trained, he was thought to believe what was being done was ok, he was afraid of human touch. She couldn't wait till morning to tell her husband, she couldn't wait to do something.
"Varain? Would you feel safe comming with me. I promis I wont hurt you"
"I-I d-dont like promise"
"Ok,thats fine. Either way I still will not hurt you in away way." Varain looked into her eyes and for the first time he felt safe, he believed she will keep him safe from Niggle. Varain nodded.
"OK, we are getting you out, we are fixing this" Varain didnt understand how this was going to happen, but she is the Queen so he didn't question it. She unlocked his ankle form the chain. Varain placed his hands behind his back.
"No, you have been in chains long enough, besides your in no condition to run" Varain started to walk, but it was hard for him. His legs weren't that strong and with the slashes he got only a few hours ago, he also had almost no energy. When they reached the entrance to the dungeon they were stopped by Stand and Pete.
"Your Hightness, what are you doing!? He is dangerous. KID GO BACK IN YOUR CELL" the yelling scard the young man, it reminded him of Niggle.
"Please dont hurt me. I'm sorry, I'm sorry" when the two guards saw this they were confused, they haven't seen Varian act like that, well when they thought about it, they rarely ever saw Varian at all, he was eaither with Niggle or hiding in the darkness.
"its fine, he is with me. Also dont yell, it scares him. Go get Qurin and tell him to meet us in the throne room, ride Maximus. ASAP" she demanded. The two nodded, the Queen left before they could ask any more questions.

The ride to Old Corona was about five muients on Max going full speed. Pete ran up to the door and pounded on it. Qurin opened the door slowly still asleep, but when he saw it was pete form the royal guard he woke up thinking something happend to his son.
"What happen, is Varian ok?" Pete nodded, he exsplained what happend and what the Queen wanted. He jumped on the horse without asking any more questions. The two road back to the castle. Qurin ran to the throne room suprised to see the King.
"Qurin what are you doing here?"
"Pete came and got me, he said something to do with Varain." The kings eyes grew big.
"I didnt want to tell you this soon, or rather this late, but Niggle had told me he is not getting better. That he still is angry and violent. I wanted to let him out early, but he said he was to dangoures"
"Out early? What are you talking about?" Qurin asked confused. Varian had told him he was charged as an adult and with what he did that meant life
"He was charged with four moths in prison" the king said like Qurin should know this.
"Varian said he was charged as an adult, meaning life" the kings eyes grew wide.
"WHAT! NO! Who told him that!" Just then the doors opened revealing The Queen, the Prinsess, Eugene and a very dead looking boy. His head was towards the ground looking tired and weak. The king didnt even realize who he was.
"Arianna who is the boy?"
"Varain. He has been treated like an untamed animal. He gets physically and emotionally abused. He dosnt get all his meals and has been thought to obey commands." She exsplained. That was a lot to take in for the King. Here he was thinking Varian was still angry and hostile but in reality he couldn't even stand on his own.
"What? How could that be Varain, he looks defeated. The Varain i meant was vibrate and full of life, yes he was angry but... this is heart braking. How? Why?" The Queen was going to respond but Varain spoke up.
"Can I speak" he asked in a soft and shaking voice.
"Um... sure, but you dont need to ask" the King was rather uncofterble with giving someone permission to speak. Sience Rapunzel came back no one had asked for permition to talk becasue she believed one shouldn't need to ask, and they always say yes anyway so what's the point. It quickly became the norm so having someone ask for permission felt wrong to Fredrick.
"The answer for why is becasue I deserve what I get. I did terrible things to you and your family. I deserve to be punished" Qurin saw just how broken his son was. He didnt get a good enough look when he saw his son behind bars because he hid in the shadows, but here, in the moonlight. He could see all the wounds that were on his body. The slash marks form a whip, the lines on his wrists for the cuffs, but also he saw how conditioned he was. Varain never listened to his father, and here he was asking permition to speak. Qurin walked towards Varain, his head was still down. Varian saw the boots of his father and fought the urge to look up.
"He broke you, didnt he" Varain knew Niggle did and he hated it, but he was to scard to be  disobedient. Qurin fell to his knees and cried as he hugged his son.
"We will fix you, get you back to the Varian you were before. Fun, carefre, and get you out". Varain didnt look up, but hugged his dad.
"But who did this?" The king asked again. Just then the doors opened and everyone looked to see who was standing in the door way.
"Niggle what are you doing here?" The king asked. Varain hugged his dad tighter as if he was asking him to protect him.
"The boy escaped and I wanted to inform you. We need to send out a search party, see I told you he was dangerous." That angered the father.
"DANGEROUS! HE CAN BEARLY DO ANYTHING ON HIS OWN. YOU DID THIS TO HIM! YOU MADE HIM YOUR PUPET. YOU TOOK AWAY HIS FREEDOM, HIS MIND, WHO HE IS." Qurin got up in his face leaving Varian.
"That criminal needed to be thought a lesson, he needed to learn to listen, and look he dose."
"Out of fear, thats not listening" Qurin spat back. Niggle grinned and shook a pear of keys and without thinking Varain got up, head still bowed and hands behind his back. Everyone was surprised to see just how fast he got into the position. The Queen could see that standing up was hurting the kid, but he wouldn't falter from his stance.
"Varain, sit down. I can tell you are hurting" Rapunzel told him, but the boy just ignored her, he wasn't suppose to be listing to her.
"Say the words" Niggle commanded, and without hesitation he obeyed.
"I deserve this, I deserve to be beaten and brutalized". This stung everyone's heart, even the king who had a strong disliking for the kid.
"Niggle, this is absurd, stop this now!"
"Your majestry, he kidnapped the Queen, hurt your daughter and you want me to stop!"
"I dont want this! This is crazy, I dont care what the person dose they dont deserve this. They dont deserve to be conditioned to believe this, to do as you say by commands."
"But you haven't even seen the best part." Niggle walked over.
"Look up" Varain did and he got slapped in the face, he didnt even flinch. He got it again, and again. Each time the group was exspecting Varain to react, but he never did. Not once did he show pain, not once did he put his hand where the hand print lay. Qurin ran towards Niggle and punched him in the face.
"How dare you treat my kid this way, how dare you talk about him in such a vile way. He made mistakes, but how can he grow if you dont let him, how can you let him learn if you treat him like this" Niggle rumbled his jaw and glared at the pumpkin farmer.
"I know how he feels, he dosnt feel guilty for what he has done. I force him to tell me, and if he lies, he gets a slash."
"HOW WOULD YOU KNOW! YOU ARE NOT HIM NOR SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HIM"
"People will tell you the truth if you threaten them"
"Or they will lie so they dont get hurt" Qurin was ready to murder the son of a bitch but the King intervened.
"Let's have Varain tell us. Varain how do you feel about what happend"
"I am happy I did it, and would do it again if needed to" he spoke as if it was off by memory, or reading a scrip he was force to learn. Everyone was suprised, Niggle grinned.
"No." Qurin walked over to Varain. "Varian look at me" Varian raised his head, their eyes meeting and Qurin could see it in his sons eyes that what he said was not the turth. He could see he was hurt, afraid, over all done. His eyes pleaded with his dad wanting him to help him, and Qurin gladly did.
"Varian, what do you really feel. You can tell me, you can tell us. No one is going to hurt you. There is no wrong answer." With that Varain broke down in tears. He fell to the floor on his knees and hugged himself. All his emotions he felt over the past few months came out. He was force to hide them all away, he couldn't show fear, regret, confusion or anything. He became a robot becasue that is what Niggle programmed him to be. He let go of the hug he was giving himself and put both hands on the ground so he wouldn't fall flat on his face.
"I'm sorry. I am so sorry. I never set out to hurt anyone, and I'm sorry I got to where I was. I just felt like there was no other way, I felt like no one wanted to help me and I despretlly needed it. All I wanted was my dad back, all I wanted was to make him proud of me. Rapunzel I'm sorry I tricked you in helping steal the flower, I'm sorry for kidnapping your mom, your highness I'm sorry I dragged you in this, I'm sorry for hurting you. Your majesty I am sorry for hurting your family. There is no excuse for what I did, I thought there was no other way, and by saying that I dont want that to sound like an excuse that is just what i was thinking at the time. Please" his voice became a whisper as he looked up at everyone, but made eyes contact with Rapunzel. "Help me".
"HOW DARE YOU ASK THE PRINSESS FOR HELP. you are nothing but a cowered, low life, pice of shit, garbage and a mistake of a person. Stand up" Varian twitched, like he was going to obey, but he didn't and that angered the advisor.
"I said GET UP" Niggle was about to slap him again, but Qurin stood in front of his son and Niggle felt something on his wrist that was raised. He was then spun around and saw it was Rapunzels hair.
"Thats enough Niggle. What you are doing is cruel and barbaric. NO ONE deserves the treatment you have given Varian. He didn't need this treatment he needed someone to talk to, he needed someone who would listen to him, not this! You are fried!"
"You can't fire me Prinsess" the Queen stepped in glaring at Niggle.
"You are fired and arrested for child endangerment. You will surve life" the Queen was not taking this, she knew Varian was not a dangerous person. The guards quickly came in and arrested Nigel. Once he left the only sound you could hear was the cries of the young boy.
"I just want things to go back to normal. I don't want to be a villian, I don't want to be hatted, I just want my life back. And I know I never will, I know there will be people who will never forgive me and never trust me, but. AAAAAA why can't I be normal, why can't I be a normal fourteen year old boy talking about girls they like, or other things. Why do I have to find science and engineering cool and be good at it. Nigle is right, I will always be a criminal and always seen as one."  It was quiet for a second, the group processing what he just said. Finally it was the Queen who spoke up. She walked towards Varian and sat down next to him, criss cross. She put her arm around his body to bring him closer.
"Thats not true. If it were I wouldn't have you this close, I wouldn't trust you. Varain you are a very special young man and I believe you were meant for greatness and this is just a learning exspereince. Varain you are one of the smartest people I know and once you get better we would love to have you working with us to create things that will help Corona. I heard you were trying to create a way to bring hot running water. Maybe you could continue that?" Varian looked up at the Queen with a quiesting look.
"Why? Why do you trust me like that. You should be scard of me, it only makes sense." The Queen smiled
"Not everything has to make sense. It makes no sense to me why you had to go thought what Niggle put you though. It makes no sense to me that we didnt help you once we were able to. Not everything has a logical answer. I also trust you becasue I know you are not a bad guy. Varain you never wanted to hurt anyone, deep down you wouldn't, becasue you are not an evil kid." Varain was looking up at the Queen as she said this and couldn't believe what she said. Small tears ran down his face.
"I think you should go home with your father, what do you think"
"I thought i got life?"
"No, that was another lie Niggle told you to mess with you, to condition you more. If you thought there was no way out, no hope it would work better. Varain we are going to get you help, real help. Someone who will help you brake free form this conditioning. it will take time and you will get frustrated but there is light at the end of the tunnel. You will have people in your corner, on the sidelines cheering you on. You are a strong young man" Varain smiled sleepily. Today was an emotional rollercoster, and he never really got any good sleep and for the first time in three months he felt at peace. He closed his eyes and rested his head on the Queen's shoulder. She smiled at the young boy, she could only imagine what kind of person he was before.
"Thank you... mom" Varain didnt even realize what he said becasue he feel asleep right after. Qurin's eyes grew wide not knowing how the royal family would react. The Prinsess awed and looked at the boy as if he was her little brother. The King didnt really show an emotion, almost like he was contemplating on what to think, but the Queen smiled at the boy. Looking down on the sleeping child, his head resting ageist her. She played with his hair and hummed a little song.
"Do you want me to take him?" Qurin asked the Queen, she just shook her head, "he looks so peaceful and probably this is the first time he fells truly at peace and safe I dont want to disrupted that." Qurin I appreciated the Queens comment.
"I was thinking we should have you and Varian stay here for a little bit, till his condioning is gone, if the people are still mad they could make it worse or if they figure it out use it to their advantage" the Queen added. There was a small quiete argument between Qurin and the Queen but finally she won and a room was given to the father and son. They shared a room figuring Varian would have nightmares and would want to be with his dad as much as possible. A few hours went by when finally Varian woke up still on the floor laying on the Queens shoulder.
"Oh my god! Your hightness I am so sorry, please don't get mad at me, I am so sorry" before he could say anything else the Queen placed a genial hand on his shoulder.
"Do not apologies. I will be helping you with the unconditioning, also until then you and your father will be staying at the palace, dont argue your dad already tried to do the same but he lost. If you want to go see him I can bring him to you if you want. Varian nodded and the Queen took him to see his father.
"Thank you" the boy said in a quiet but sincere vorice
"For what?" She asked.
"For giving me a second chance, for wanting to help me, for just being here when I was horrible to you,  I don't deserve it"
"We all deserve a second chance" they reached the door, Varian was a little afraid to see his dad. His dad had told him he still loved him and he was proud. He slowly opened the door and when he saw his dad he ran to him.
"DAD!" Qurin turned around and saw his loving son run towards him. He Queen smiled and left the two alone, the two needed this. The father engulf his son in a hug and held him tight. Varian did not care, for the fist time in six months he was able to hug his dad.
"I missed you so much" the boy said into his fathers shirt.
"I missed you you too son." The two stayed in the hug for a while not wanting to brake apart. Varain was the first to pull away.
"I'm sorry dad for everything I have done, for not listing to you about the rocks, for embarrassing you on the actions I took because of my anger and frustration. I let my emotions get the better of me when I should have been mature about it, I am sorry for not being strong enough to ignore Niggles demands and giving into him. It was just easier then fighting him. I'm a lane excuse of a son and Niggle was right, I am a disaportment, and so many others things. You shouldn't want me as your son, you should want to disown me" Varain was crying letting out everything he felt and even thought Qurin wanted to stop him he knew it was inportent to let him vent out all of his emotions he was force to suppress. Varain was about to get on his knees out of habit, but Qurin stopped him.
"Varain no. Stop, I know it will take time, but please dont ever do that. The Queen told me what the kneeling means, the one standing has power over you, no. I do not, I am your father, but that does not mean power. You are suppose to listens to me, but I am also suppose ot listen to you. I did a horrible job of that and its time i get better at that. Varain you are non of those things. I love you and seeing you hurt and not being able to do anything about it hurt me in a way I never thought possible. Niggle is the one who should be sorry, not you. You know what you did was wrong, also you are a kid, a fourteen year old boy. There is not one teenage boy out there who is mature, they can't handle emotions. They care bearly handle emotions when it comes to girls and you were expected to handle complicated ones alone. Emotions like being scared, alone, angry at Rapunzel and probably yourself, confused why she didnt help you. Thats a lot to process for anyone. I'm not trying to excuse it, but I am telling you, its not all your fault and you need to know that." Varian stared crying again, but not because he felt guilty, but becasue someone finally understood what he felt. Varain wrapped his arms around his dad again.
"I love you dad"

                7 months later (bc I'm lazy also this is already really long lol

    Its been seven months and Varain was almost back to normal. Here and there he would flinch when someone who he didn't know or trust would touch him, or freak out when someone mentioned jail or the cart. He would still have nightmares of eaither the battle of old Corona or Niggle hurting him. Over all he was back to his old self. He was however more aware of people around him and how his exsperements could hurt someone, so Rapunzel gave him a lab on the far end of the castle where it wasnt used so if something where to blow up no one would get hurt. He and Rapunzel became very close, a lot like brothers and sister, same with Eugene; except big protective brother. There were some people who didn't trust or like Varian and would call him names, and if he was out with his 'siblings' lets just say he would be yelling at the two to leave the person alone. Varain did become the royal engineer and was also teaching kids how to do simple safe alchemy. Niggle was long forgotten by most people but Varian never forgot. He would often haunt his dreams so he decided to visit the bitch thinking it might help him.
"ARE YOU CRAZY" Eugene yelled at the kid.
"I mean that is up for debate" Varian smiled.
"Kid I'm being serious" Eugene placed a comforting hand on Varian's shoulder
"Eugene I know you are, and I appreciate your concern, but I need to do this. If it will make you feel better you and Rapunzel can come down with me. BUT dont do or say anything. I need to stand up for myself" Eugene nodded. Varian did not tell his dad this and was not planing on it. Eugene and Varian found Raps and exsplained to her what Varian wanted to do. She had the same reaction as Eugene but like Eugene agreeded to come along.
"Varain why are you doing this?" Rapunzel asked still not fulling understanding.
"Its hard to exsplain. For three months he had complete control over me. He made me belive I deserved to be whipped, he made a command and I wouldn't hesitate to follow it. I'm free of that and I need him to know he dosnt have that anymore. I need to do this to prove it to myself" when they arrived at the jails a chill ran down his spine.
"We are right here with you Varian" Rapunzel said.
"Its not that its- I remember being down here, the memory's of this place will never go away." Rapunzel and Eugene looked into each others eyes. He faced so much trauma within a year and it was all becasue of them. They entered and looked for Niggl's cell. Once they came across it Niggle grinned.
"I was right I see. You were a danger, what did you do?" Rapunzel wanted to say something, but Varian stopped her.
"Please, I need this" she nodded and stepped back.
"I did nothing, I'm only here to tell you one thing. You have no control over me anymore, there is nothing you can do to me to obey your command. You could say the commands, you can jingle some keys but I will not listen." Niggle kept his smile and brought out a fork and spoon he had. He clanged them together and Varain felt his legs almost fall.
"Really, cause it looks like you are still partly in my control." Varian fought back.
"Sure, there are things that I am still working on, its harder to brake then create, but I am getting my life back. I teach kids alchemy, I am the royal engineer, and basically Rapunzel and Eugenes little brother! You made me believe that I deserved the treatment you gave me when I didn't."
"You can say that all you want, but in the end I will still be in your mind, I will never leave you". This conversation was freaking the two adults out, they wanted to take Varian out, but knew he wanted to do this.
"You may be, but while I am out there living my best life, you will be in here, stuck here when you had a good job, you had friends but thought that away to make my life hell" after that Varian left the two adults walking with him. When they excited the jail Eugene hugged the little man.
"Are you ok?" Varian smiled.
"Ya, he got the better of me for three month, well looks like the table have turned. I needed to tell him he has no control over me, while I still need to work on some things, I'm back to being me" and he hugged his siblings, grateful to have such a loving family and friends surrounding him.

————-
Well shit 9874 words. I think that is the longest story I have ever written. Not even any of my chapters in my other story's are that long.
Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes or grammar editing this was hard. 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

819 24 9
**DISCONTINUED** I need a book of smaller shorts that i write and have saved in my drafts that never see the light of day. So here it is! Mostly just...
5.3K 124 8
As long as Varian can remember, he has had to do whatever people tell him to do. (Varian-centric Ella Enchanted AU of Varian and the 7 Kingdoms, writ...
41.2K 522 28
I'm really bad at descriptions so I'll make it short and quick. A whole lot of stories of Varian and you. Please comment any requests you have. Also...
22.8K 559 25
━━━ ε€’θ¦‹γ‚‹γ‚ˆγ†γͺ " INDULGE IN DAYDREAMS. " ε½‘β˜… preferences & imagines ; a bunch of stories about my favorite alchemist, varian. κ’° requests are CLOSED κ’±