[Xingqiu x Chongyun] Lost For...

By Cat_is_a_gender

Xingqiu constantly confesses his feelings for Chongyun. Eventually, Xingqiu convinces himself that Chongyun w... More

welcome!
Friends
A Nice Walk
Dunyu Ruins
A Sudden Call
A Trip to Mond
First Day
☆A Thank You & Update ☆
I Dont Understand
Tutoring
One Week
Another View
Extra Bit of Help
A Talk And Food
So... do You?
A Warm Plate
Covering Up
Leaving Mond
☆-oh no-☆ Chap & Thank you
Welcoming Back
Moving On
Guests
A Distance
Blackout
A Mix Up
Why?
A Late Night
Waking Up
Joining The Two
Getting To Know
Confusion And Laughter
Still so Confused
☆Happy Birthday Chongyun!☆
Confessed
I Understand
A Stroll
A Wish for You
Off to Explore
Lanterns
I'm Sorry
Thank You☆
ℂ𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕪𝕦𝕟
𝕏𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕢𝕚𝕦
𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕃𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟 ℝ𝕚𝕥𝕖
The End ?
Extra - After Some Time
☆Happy Birthday Xingqiu☆

Outside Encounter

2.4K 111 108
By Cat_is_a_gender

It's been around half a week since Xingqiu's return.

"Hey, Chongyun?"

"Hmm?"

Xingqiu and I had gone out of Lyiue for a bit, I'm not sure where we are exactly, but my best guess is somewhere around Luhua Pool.

We decided to rest at a near by tree. I'm currently sitting against the tree. My claymore on one side, while Xingqiu was laying in the grass, on the other, reading his book as usual.

"What's all happened since I was gone? I know I've been back for some time now, just curiosity I suppose." He says, without talking his eyes away from the book.

Looking at Xingqiu, I'm reminded of the day I realized my feelings.

His golden eyes, completely focused on his book, skimming the pages. The wind was light, brushing his bangs slightly aside.

I reach out, to brush his bangs away from his face, before quickly realizing, and pulling away.

"Ah, nothing too much." I quickly look away, looking around as if looking out for hiliachurls, even though we checked the area before resting.

"I see, So I really didnt miss much then." I hear the small thud of his book close and the rustling of the grass.

I look to him and see Xingqiu now resting up against the tree as well.

"You know, it's nice being back in Lyiue. Though I'm getting used to some changes, everything still feels the same. I'm glad about that." He looks up into the sky with a weak smile.

"Changes?" I ask. "Did you used to some of the customs in Mondstadt?"

"Haha, I suppose some, but it wasn't any quick change." He laughs, but soon reverts to that weak smile once again. "I was just thinking aloud is all."

Xingqiu hasn't been seeming well these couple of days, Xiangling and Hu Tao are worried too. Today, Xingqiu seems somewhat better though.

"Hey, Xingqiu." I stand up grabbing my claymore. "You seem tired, why dont you rest while we're here?"

"Huh but Chongyun what about-" he tries to protest.

"Its fine, I'll look around for any danger again. I wont go too far."

I brush my clothes off, and begin walking around.

"Go ahead and take a nap."

I hear him sigh, muttering a quiet "sure."

I patrol the area a couple of times, keeping an eye where Xingqiu was lying, though I couldn't see if he had fallen a sleep or not.

The Lantern Rite is coming soon and I still have no idea of where to go. Not only that, but its been hard to suppress my emotions in general lately, meaning I've had to  be even more cautious about the things I do.

I sigh, stabbing my claymore into the ground, leaning onto it while looking out onto the scenery. "Why is it now I cant stop thinking about my emotions." I mutter out loud, watching over Xingqiu from a distance.

"Well I can't ever stop thinking about food. Or mora in that matter." I hear a high pitched voice respond from behind.

I quickly turn around, startled, holding my claymore.

"Woah!" The high pitched voice screamed.

"Ah, Paimon. Traveler." I quickly lower my weapon.

"I didn't expect to run Into anyone  out here. What are you two doing, no team out with you today?" I ask them looking around, hoping not to see Hu Tao or Xiangling.

"Hehe, nope!" Paimon proudly exclaims. "We decided to do some solo work today!"

"You mean I did, paimon." Traveler stepped in.

"Hey, paimon is moral support!" Paimon yells, in their defense.

"But we also were looking for you Chongyun." Traveler says, ignoring paimon.

"Hey dont ignore me!" Paimon continues to yell, but soon gets back to the topic. "Me and traveler were told you and Xingqiu were hanging out around here. But, I dont see him. Where is he?"

"He's by the tree, i was resting at early." I put up my claymore, not needing to carry it around anymore, as all three of us walk over to the tree and see Xingqiu peacefully sleeping on the grass, his book in hand.

"Cute."

"Huh, cute you say?" I hear paimon say. With a smug tone, you could tell that paimon was grinning wide.

"I uh." I turn around to see that both Traveler and paimon were wearing the very smug face that I feared.

"Dont, tell Xingqiu, please. Or Xiangling and Hu Tao." I hunch over feeling a little defeated for letting my gard down.

Traveler and paimon exchange confused looks, by the mention of Hu Tao and Xiangling. But they shrug it off and continue.

"No worries, we were just sent to check up on you two. But when will you tell Xingqiu?" Paimon questions.

"I was planning to during the Lantern Rite, but with the environment and these feelings, I dont think I would be able to control myself enough without making a mess of everything and blacking out."

"Oooh, yeah. Because of your... spirit thingy. Yep that's right." Paimon nods.

"But that's your whole problem Chongyun!" Paimon takes on a serious expression, and begins to give me a whole lecture. "Isn't the whole emotional-hyper-blackout stuff because you suppress your energy? Paimon thinks if you were to be yourself more that when you get all crazy it wont be so bad and you'll actually remember stuff. But that's what paimon believes, Because suppressing your emotions just doesn't make sense."

I listen to paimon's words. "Does it?"

"I agree with paimon." I turn to Traveler, as they nod in agreement. "Suppressing you emotions is just bad in general. Back when we ran into you, didn't you said you didnt know why you couldn't stop thinking about your feelings now?"

"You- heard all of that."

Traveler nods. "I think now that you realize, you cant suppress them as well as you could before."

I sit down and ponder both of their words.

"Say, I dont think we should be talking about this with the Guhua Geek beside us." Paimon says, pointing to Xingqiu.

"Ah um." I look over to Xingqiu, still sleeping peacefully. Feeling little embarrassed having this conversation right beside him. "Xingqiu's a deep sleeper, it will be fine, and I'm pretty sure he's needs the sleep. He hasn't seemed too well since his return."

"Huh, really? Well we should head back and inform Xiangling about you two." Paimon crosses their arms with a proud smile on her face, seeing as their mission was accomplished.

"Wait, Xiangling?"

"Yep! she asked us to check on you since she was busy at the restaurant and couldn't see you." Paimon explains.

"Oh okay, just tell her we're good, that's all." I look to Xingqiu, making sure he's still asleep.

Traveler and Paimon begin to walk away "We'll be sure to, have a nice day Chongyun." Traveler waves goodbye.

"wait!" I shout to Traveler, as I remember my plan with the festival. "Could you help me out a bit too?"

"Hmm, sure I can, but what do you need?" Traveler says.

"Well, since I haven't spent too much time at the festival's in the past, I dont know many spots. Do you happen to know any quite places to see the lanterns?" I ask shyly.

"A spot for the Lantern Rite, you say." Paimon pauses, and begins to speak again nodding. "We've helped out tons of people pick out places during the last Lantern Rite! We pick out the absolute best for you Chongyun!"

Traveler nods.

"Thank you, I-" Im cut off as I hear a voice from behind me.

"Hmm... Traveler? Paimon?"

We all turn to see a sleepy eyed Xingqiu, looking back at us.

"Ack! H-hi Guhua Geek! We were talking about anything. Nothing about the Lantern Rite at all." Paimon speaks in a hurried tone.

I quickly turn to paimon, give them a quick glare, and it seems that Traveler did the same.

"Ah!" Paimon jumps back.

"What are you two doing here?" Xingqiu questions.

"We were just doing some commissions nearby and ran into Chongyun." Traveler says, in a calm manner and kind smile.

"We were also just leaving, it was nice to see you two again, we'll be going now. Bye."

As the two head off, Traveler waves goodbye while Paimon looks back, giving me a tumbs up.

'Thank you, Paimon.' I sigh.

"Do you wanna head back to Liyue, Xingqiu?" I turn to him and ask.

He shakes his head, leaning against the tree. "I want to stay here a bit longer."

"Okay, we'll stay a bit then." I say leaning against the tree as well.

"Hey, I've been thinking..." I begin to ask.

Since the lantern Rite will technically be starting next week, it would be best to ask now. "...about attending the Latern Rite. I want to try and attend it fully this year, and I wanted us to-"

"Huh? Really?" Xingqiu looks at me.

Seeing his excitment, I become a little flustered.

"Yea." I nod, trying not to show it.

"That's great!" He shouts.

"You could meet the people I met from Mondstadt too!" Xingqiu continues. "I invited them before leaving, they're really nice people, I'm sure you'll like them Chongyun." He laughs, and already looks better, compared to how he'd been before.

'People, from... Mondstadt.'

'Is that why Xingqiu's...

'been so down?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 1.8K 27
" wanna go somewhere? " a story of how you met chongyun on an island trying to collect some star conch shells for xiangling and somehow slowly ended...
180K 5.5K 15
[COMPLETED ◌ March 16 2021] (Warning, in this story both travelers have ships of both AmberxLumine, and DilucxAether. If you have a problem with such...
138K 5.7K 38
"𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬. 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭...
6.5K 144 23
DISCONTINUED??? Chongyun has liked Xingqiu ever since Xingqiu has come to Teyvat Academy Xingqiu likes Chongyun but has never believed he could aver...