Hiding From The Demons - Jona...

By RandomReader0015

Jonathan Kent is much more than just the human son of Superman. Jonathan is feeling helpless and neglected, b... More

Background Chapter 1
Where it all Begins - Chapter 2
Theme
Figuring it out - Chapter 3
The Truth hurts sometimes - Chapter 4
Hurt - Chapter 5
Aftermath - Chapter 6
Going Home - Chapter 7
Picking up the Pieces - Chapter 8
Sickness & Nightmares - Chapter 9
The Morning After - Chapter 10
The Dreaded Conversation - Chapter 11
Thinking - Chapter 12
Big Decisions - Chapter 13
2 Weeks later - Chapter 14
Doctors - Chapter 15
First Morning - Chapter 16
School - Chapter 17
Family Dinner - Chapter 18
Break Up - Chapter 19
Bad Day - Chapter 20
Football Game - Chapter 21
Truth comes out - Chapter 23
Metropolis - Chapter 24
Injured - Chapter 25
Hospital - Chapter 26
Hospital part 2 - Chapter 27
Arguments & Nightmares - Chapter 28
Kidnapped - Chapter 29
Torture - Chapter 30
Powers? - Chapter 31
68 Days - Chapter 32
Escaping - Chapter 34
Coming Home - Chapter 34
Struggling - Chapter 35
Coping - Chapter 36
Shopping - Chapter 37
Secrets - Chapter 38
Reunion - Chapter 39
Making Peace - Chapter 40
Unsteady Ground - Chapter 41
Earthquake? - Chapter 42
The Final Fight - Chapter 43
Sequels & Jordan Elsass
Sequel

Festival - Chapter 22

625 15 11
By RandomReader0015

Jonathan's POV

Today is Friday and Jordan and I have one last game this weekend. This isn't the biggest game of the season but it's really meaningful to the people in the town I guess because the festival is tonight after the game. My dad got a job, or he's volunteering or something to be an assistant coach.

I don't know why but today feels like a really good day for me. It's a feeling I missed since I haven't felt that way in a while.

I've been scrolling through Instagram for a while, waiting for my alarm to go off. I woke up half an hour early but I didn't want to get out of my bed yet. I click on one of my old friends' stories, and I see a video of him and his friends at the movies.

I start laughing at seeing him being all stupid, but before I an do that he flips the camera and shows Eliza and Alex kissing. He flipped the camera again and showed his face as he's pretending to gag jokingly.

Well my good day lasted half an hour. I get pulled out of my thoughts by my alarm blasting. I groan and get up starting to get ready.

I get downstairs and my parents are talking about Morgan Edge and this other guy called John Henry, or John Irons, or something like that. I get in the kitchen and immediately they stop talking and they change the subject. They have been doing that a lot lately, they talk about things that seem serious but as soon as Jordan or I get into the room they change the subject.

"Hey Honey there's food on the stove." Mom says to me while packing her bags.

"Where are you going?" I ask. She's been really busy lately and even though I hate to admit it I really miss her.

"I'm going to investigate a little on what Morgan Edge is doing, with somebody that seems just as interested in the mines as I am." She says to me before saying goodbye to me and going upstairs to say goodbye to Jordan. I didn't really understand what she was saying but I just smiled at her.

"Didn't understand a thing she said" I said looking at my dad who was serving me. He just laughed. Jordan came downstairs and sat at the table after saying good morning to us.

We were all eating when dad coughed to get our attention. Me and Jordan looked at him waiting for him to continue.

"Okay so I know we really haven't talked about powers and just regular things in general. I just want to make sure you guys are doing okay and if you have questions or there's something weird going on with you or maybe you saw something that seemed odd, I want you to feel comfortable coming to me." He said looking between Jordan and I.

"Is there anything you guys want to talk about with me? It doesn't have to be about Superman or anything like that." He said with a small smile.

"Uhh, Sarah asked me to hangout with her later at the festival today, like just the two of us." Jordan said shyly. Dad was beaming and started to praise Jordan, which just caused him to get red, and me to start laughing. Once we stopped laughing they looked at me with a 'your turn' look.

"Nothing's happened to me lately." I said with a shrug.

"Come on, there has to be something!" Dad says with a welcoming expression making me feel like I'll disappoint him if I don't say anything.

"Uh fine. I made a new friend at school so I don't have to third wheel Jordan and Sarah anymore." I said mockingly. Dad looked happy that I said something, causing me to smile back at him.

"That's great Jon! What's their name?" He says, looking at me.

"His name is Liam, he's on the football team too." I said putting my dish away. Dad just nodded and smiled.

"I hear your bus coming, go get your bags. I'll see you guys back home and then I will take you to the game." He said before saying goodbye.

Jordan and I get to the bus and we find two empty seats and sit down. Jordan starts to text Sarah and I put my earphones in and listen to music.

I have been giving Jordan a little bit of space so he can figure some things out. I'm sure it must be tough to have all these new powers, and with everything going on with our dad I think sometimes it's nice to just let him do what he wants.

I spend the rest of the bus ride trying to think about how I'm going to just move on from everything. It's taken me a while to get used to Smallville, but I think that I could enjoy it better if I try to leave Metropolis in the past.

I get brought out of my thoughts by the bus stopping, causing me to jerk forward. Jordan looks at me amused, but I just hit him in the shoulder and make my way out.

Jordan hugs me and wishes me a good day before going to Sarah. I do the same thing and make my way to where Liam and some of the other guys from the team are.

"Hey Jon" Liam says to me while he does this weird handshake thing and then he brings me into a side hug.

"Hey Liam, what's up?" I ask looking at the team who greets me and gives me handshakes.

"Nothing, we were just talking about how Junior, over here is gonna swipe some liquor for the Festival." Dylan said. Dylan is on the team and he's really cool and he's a great player.

"You down?" Another one of the guys asked me.

"Yeah of course where do we meet?" I ask.

"Outside the diner" I just nod and the rest of the guys go to their lockers, leaving me and Liam.

"I didn't know you were the type to drink" Liam says while I get some books out of my locker.

"I used to hangout with some upperclassmen last summer and I used to drink with them once in a while, you know the drill." I say while shrugging.

"Your parent's didn't notice?" Liam asked.

"My parents trusted me, I had good grades, and I had gotten accepted into Varsity Football at my old school so I'd just say the team was having summer practices and they wouldn't question it. I used to drink pretty early and then sober up and change before I went home. They were working a lot during that time too so they would get home late, and it wasn't like I was drinking a lot or all the time or anything." I said while I waited for him to put his books away. He just nodded and we started to walk to our class.

"What about you?" I ask him.

"Uh, yeah I'm a year older than everybody else so I got into doing reckless stuff like that a little before everybody else, but I don't like to drink because my dad used to be drunk all the time before he left." He says. I just look at him sympathetically. I'm about to say something but he continues.

"I guess that's why I decided that I wouldn't really drink from then on, I don't want to end up like him." I just nod.

"Be careful though. I know somethings going on with you.. just don't be stupid." I just smile.

"Yeah for sure, I'm good and I won't do anything reckless." I say before getting to class.

***************** After School *****************

"Bye Liam see you tonight" I say before finding Jordan. When I found him we both started walking to dad's car.

"Hey boys, how was school?" Dad asks. Jordan just nods and I say it was good. Jordan asks about what the festival will be like, and dad starts to ramble about it.

I just think about Liam and how he talked about his dad. I know that his dad left him and his mom a few years ago and that's why he's a year older than us. He told me he had to redo a year. I start thinking that one of these days I should invite him to dinner. I get out of my thoughts and join the conversation and I start asking my dad questions about the festival.

When we get home Jordan and I get ready and we pack all our things. And we also put on extra clothes so we can change into nice clothes after the game. We also eat a little bit so we have energy. Soon enough we were all ready and we started leaving.

When we get there I catch up to Liam and Jordan starts changing. Dad goes with all the coaches and they start talking. After we change we go on the field and I look at all the bleachers to see them filled with all the people from the town. Dad really wasn't kidding.

******************* After the Game because I'm lazy********************

We had just won 23 to 17. The team was practically bouncing off the walls. We all sat down and The coach was really happy he gave us this speech that if we keep playing like we did tonight we can make it to the finals. That hyped everybody up and they all started banging on the lockers causing the coaches and my dad to laugh.

"Okay now hurry up and change. Then get to the festival!" He screamed before leaving. I was one of the first people to finish so I went outside the locker room and I saw my dad. I walked over to him.

"Hey, you're done fast." He said to me, putting an arm over my shoulder.

"Yeah I showered fast" I say before shaking my wet hair like a dog. He just laughed and ignored me ruffling my hair.

"Stop, my hair is going to be all puffy now." I said, groaning.

"You played really well out there Jon." He said sincerely. I just smiled and nodded. While we were talking everybody started to come out.

Liam came up to me with some of the other boys around him.

"Mr. Kent, Jon." Liam said politely.

"Hey Liam." I said. Dad just nodded and said hello back.

"Jon we'll wait for you at the diner" Dylan said before him and the rest of the team left.

"Oh what are you guys going to do?" dad asked.

"Uh just hangout nothing much." I said smiling. Jordan came out and then we headed to the festival. When we got there we parked next to mom who had also just arrived.

When we got down she came and hugged us.

"I'm so sorry I missed the game boys" She said.

"It's fine mom" Jordan said while I just nodded in agreement with Jordan.

"I'm going to go find Sarah" Jordan said before excusing himself.

"Yeah, I'm going to go with my friends too." I said before leaving too.

When I got to the diner I saw everyone already there. They just nodded to me and we moved to a darker area.

They had gotten sodas for everyone, and Liam handed me mine. After that Dylan pulled out a giant flask and started pouring something into all of our cups, but putting only a splash in Liam's.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's pure alcohol, it's so strong it could be used for cleaning." He said before laughing. I took a sip and he was right it was strong even with all the soda. Liam was unbothered since had less than everybodys since he didn't like to drink.

We had started to talk and just let loose. We were laughing and we poured more. I wasn't drunk or anything but I was definitely a little buzzed. I didn't want to drink any more so I was just going to finish my cup.

"Hey, we should start walking around a little, maybe play a few games." Dylan said. We all agreed and we started to walk around.

I saw Jordan and Sarah sitting on a haystack and they seemed like they were having a deep conversation. I wanted to tell Jordan to come with us so I told the rest of the guys that I would catch up to them. I started to walk towards them, with the cup still in my hand.

When I started talking out loud I realized that I didn't sound as sober as I felt, I was slurring my words but I couldn't even bring myself to care. I just wanted to mess with Jordan a little so he could join us for a bit.

"Heyy, look it's everybody's favorite kid brother, It's Mr. Charming, my baby brother" I slurred while having my arms out for a hug. Jordan got up fast and started to get me to calm down. I don't know why. I felt calm. I just started to laugh more.

"Not now alright, Not now." He said.

"Woah, relax, relax, relax. How's your first date going. I can't believe it's your first real date ever." I said kind of loudly. Jordan looked upset. I don't know why I was just asking a question.

"Wow, you can't go one weekend without partying like an idiot, it's kind of pathetic." Sarah said.

"Hey, look Sarah, I was just joking." I said.

"Look Sarah, Jon's having a rough time-" Jordan got interrupted by Sarah.

"Oh, you're having a rough day, you have no idea what real problems are like for people that don't come from a picture- perfect family like you, you can just get drunk and act like a total idiot, you have absolutely nothing to be worried about. You have everything you could practically want." She yelled at me before leaving.

"Wait Sarah, I'm sorry just-" I said trying to apologize.

"Just save it. I'll talk to you later Jordan." She said. Jordan tried to go after her but I caught his arm.

"Wait, wait, Jordan I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to ruin your night like that. I'm sorry." I said before hiccuping.

"It's all right, let's just get you some water." He said before leading me towards the drinks. I kept mumbling apologizes, but I honestly didn't even feel like myself. I felt like I was floating over my body.

After we got water, Jordan forced me to drink two water bottles. I groaned after the first one and pushed him away, but he ended up forcing me to drink the other one. Not much after I ran to a dark empty space between these two shops and I threw up. When I was done I walked back out to see Jordan waiting for me with a rag to clean up my face and another water.

After that I was definitely a lot more sober and I felt awful about everything but I felt better, and everything wasn't all fuzzy anymore.

Jordan and I started to walk back when I saw mom straight ahead of us.

"Have you been drinking!" My mom whisper-yells when I'm close enough to her.

"What?" I am confused.

"Your dad can smell it, I can smell it, the whole town can smell it." Mom says.

"It's not that big a deal." Jordan tries to defend me but dad gives him a glare that says to shut up so he does.

"Both of you call a ride home right now." She says. Jordan and I ordered a lift and we went back home.

"Jon what the hell is going on with you? I'm worried about you. You told me that you were fine that you were doing okay, but this, this is exactly what happened last time and if you don't tell me what's going on, then I'll tell mom and dad about everything." Jordan threatens. I just look at him with wide eyes.

"Jordan you can't do that, please if they ever found out about everything they would take everything away from me." Jordan just sat down next to me.

"Jon, this right now, what you're doing, it isn't going to end well. I won't just watch you destroy yourself, everything is different but today, the drinking, the excessive running, locking yourself in your room.. It's not normal and it's not good for you." He says. I know that he's right but I can't tell him how I feel or else he'll blame himself.

"Jordan just give me a few more days, I promise that I won't drink anymore, and I'll stop running as much, I'll tell you everything from now on. I swear just please I'm begging you don't tell anybody. Please." I beg with my head in my hands.

"Fine, but Jon I'm not playing, I will tell mom and dad if I have too." He says before hugging me.

"Go take a shower and brush your teeth, you stink." He says to me, causing a small smile to form on my face. I get up and I'm about to leave the living room but I turn back around.

"Jordan I really am sorry." He just looks at me sadly and nods. I leave and go back upstairs.

**************************************************************************

Jordan's POV

I don't know what's going on with Jon, but whatever it is, it's worrying me. I don't want to rat him out but at the same time I'm really worried about him. I just don't want anything bad to happen to him because I didn't tell anybody.

Today the whole thing with Jon and Sarah was completely out of line. I can't believe Jon would drink so much, or at all really, and the stuff he said was bad. But at the same time Sarah was so harsh, and I mean not all of it was really what he did but the stuff going on with her own family.

But she completely generalized Jonathan for what he shows people. I mean she of all people should have realized that how people act on the outside isn't always accurate to how they feel.

I just really hope Jonathan tells me what's bothering him so I can help him.

*****************************************************************************

Jonathan's POV

I finished taking a shower and I took two Tylenols. I see my parents come pulling into the driveway and I start making my way downstairs and I get some water while I wait for my parents to come inside.

When they come inside they motion me to sit down on the couch. I sit down next to where Jordan is. My mom sits across from me and my dad stands next to her.

"Let me just start by saying, I'm really sorry-" I start to apologize but I get caught off by my dad.

"Stop, it's okay-" He says and everybody's eyes get wide. Mom looks super surprised, I mean we all do.

"This is your one "get out of jail free" card" dad says.

"It is?" Mom says

"Wait- actually?" I ask right after mom.

"Jonathan, I told you I know how you feel and I do. When I was just a couple years older than you, I left home. The main reason is because I needed to become someone else. Someone I thought was more important than Clark Kent, and to do that I left Smallville. I never came back and I still think about the time I never got back with my mom, the time she sacrificed for me. Jonathan I know you have your own path, I know that it might not be the one we're on right now. I know you have been really trying. You left everything back home and I'm sorry for that, but I'm asking you to give this a chance, give it a real chance, if after that things are still not working out then we can talk about other ways to make it work. But Jon lashing out, or whatever tonight was can't happen. I told you this morning that if you need to talk, I'm here for you. I can help you, you just have to let me and your mother in. Okay?"

"Okay" I said nodding.

"Good, now it's getting late. You should go to sleep and wake me up if you're going to be sick in the night." Dad said, I just nodded and went upstairs to bed.

When I went to bed, I felt worse than I had in a while. I feel like I let everyone down. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I just disappeared, if it would make things easier for everyone.

I mean Sarah was right today, I have no reason to be sad, or angry, my life is pretty perfect. Maybe I'm just making myself feel like this because I want attention? I mean if anybody here gets to struggle it's Jordan, my life is fine.

********************************************************************

Clark's POV

"Wait Jordan before you go, have you noticed anything off with your brother, I don't think this is just about moving anymore." I ask him.

"Uh, No. Not really, he hasn't been talking to me recently." He said, scratching his head.

"What do you mean Jordan?" Lois asks.

"He hasn't talked to me like we used to, ever since we found out about dad and we moved here, I can't read him anymore, and he's more guarded now." I just nod.

"Oh dad there's a package outside too." Jordan says to me before going into the kitchen. I bring the box into the house and put it on the table. Jordan comes back with a bottle of water, and he and Lois are looking at me curiously.

"Where is it from?" Lois asks me.

"It's from Metropolis. It doesn't tell me who it's from or who it's too" I said.

"Well open it," Lois says. I grab a key and open the box. When I opened the box we were all surprised by what we found. Lois gasps, and Jordan looks like realization hit him, and I'm more confused as to what I am looking at..

******************************************************************************************

This is a really long chapter for you guys! It took me about all day to write so tell me how you like it! I was sick so sorry I took so long to update :(

What do you think was in the box?

Should the family find out about Jonathan?

What is Jordan covering for?

Will life get easier for Jonathan?

Did his sickness and dizzy spells suddenly leave or is he still struggling? 

Is Jonathan depressed or is it his mind changing? Maybe a power that's developing causing him to see things differently, maybe that's why he's more self critical??

Let me know what you think^^^ and also comment and vote if you like the chapter. The last few chapters I explained the way I want to format the rest of the story so check the bottom of the last chapter if you want to put feedback.

Love you guys so much </3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 223 14
🚩🛑𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃🛑 🚩 Rachel Roth has always had a complicated life. Moving from place to place with her mother to stay hidden from her d...
420K 11.5K 67
Began: July 1, 2017 Finished: October 24, 2019 An Original Clark Kent x Reader. You work for the famous Daily Planet, along with some of Superman's...
1.2K 3 25
Titans' fanfiction that follows the events from the sixth episode of the first season to mid second season.
24.9K 1K 45
In a world without powers or heroes, we see how the lives of our favourite DC Supersons play out as normal people. Damian while angry and aggressive...