Untamed

By gracee_stark

"Just a typical homecoming on the outside of an invisible jet with my date, fighting my friend's dad!" "If I... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Authors Note

Chapter Thirteen

52 2 4
By gracee_stark

I leave the conference room with Wanda and Pietro, and we go to the kitchen. Pietro throws me a banana when I'm not looking, and I turn around, catching it just in time.

"Thank you guys so much." I peel my banana and take I bite.

"Of course! We'll always have your back," Wanda says. "Right, Pietro?"

"Always." He smiles. "Now, enough of this sappy talk, what are we doing today?"

"I was thinking we could train," Wanda suggests.

"Yes!" Pietro tries to dart out of the kitchen, but Wanda pulls him back with her powers.

"Not so fast." She smirks.

"Are we not training?"

"We are, but not in the way you're thinking. I was hoping we could work on telepathy with Gracee. But instead of seeing my thoughts and sending her thoughts into my mind, she can practice reading your thoughts and sending her thoughts into your mind. If she can do that, then maybe she can even looking through your past thoughts and memories."

"You think I can do that?" I ask excitedly.

"I know you can." Wanda smiles.

We work on everything Wanda said we would for two hours straight. It turns out I could do everything and more. I can feel and manipulate emotions, just like she thought I could. Whatever someone is experiencing mentally or physically, I feel too. Kind of like an empath on steroids.

"You did awesome, Gracee," Wanda says as we walk out of the kitchen.

"Thank you for helping me, Wands. It was so fun."

"Hey, what about me?"

"You too, Speedy."

As we turn the corner, I remember that Peter should probably be coming home from school right about now. He said he would come over, so I need to be in my room to let him in through my window.

I stop walking and turn around, facing them. "Umm, guys, I'm gonna go up to my room. I'm super tired from all the, you know, power... stuff."

"Witchy, we both know you don't get witched out that easily," Pietro says.

"You know you don't have to lie to us." Wanda smiles. "What's going on?"

"Peter's meeting me. We found this glowy orb thing that came from an alien weapon these guys were using to fire at us last night. We're going to try to figure out exactly what it is."

"I'm not even gonna ask," Pietro mumbles.

"What?!" Wanda yells.

"Before you freak out, just know that I know it was stupid, but I don't care. I have to do this. Just trust me, okay?"

Wanda sighs. "Do you promise you'll be careful?"

"I'm always careful." I smirk.

"She's not going to let it go until you promise," Pietro says.

"Fine, yes, I promise." I start to walk away, even though I can tell Wanda has more to say. "I gotta go. I love you both, bye!"

"Gracee!" Wanda yells after me, followed by Pietro's laughter.

I run to my room and step up to my bay window, waiting for Peter. When I see him swinging towards the compound, I signal for him fo come to my window. I open it and he quickly climbs in, sitting down a beige backpack.

"Hey, Spidey."

"Hey!" He takes off his mask and starts breathing hard as he talks fast. "Okay, okay, okay, so listen, I have something really important to tell you."

"Did you found out what the orb is?"

"No, even better. The guys from last night came to my school today and I heard that they were going to Washington. And today my team is leaving for the academic decathlon in Washington!"

"That's perfect! When do you leave?"

"Like, right now! You have to hurry and pack!"

"Wait, I can come?"

"Yes! I mean, normally you probably wouldn't be able to ride the bus with me since you don't go to the school, but Mr. Harrington shouldn't care."

"Okay, great!"

"So, I'll help you pack and then we need to ask Mr. Stark."

"You have to come with me to ask him though. He can't say no to you."

"Oh, okay." Peter smiles.

I grab his hand and we run out of my room, down to the workshop. Sure enough, Dad is down here, working on God knows what.

"Hey, Dad!"

"Hey, Mr. Stark!"

"Hey, kiddo. Parker... what are you doing here?"

"Well, we actually had a question. Peter has this huge academic decathlon coming up and we were wondering if I could go with him. To support him, like the good friend that I am."

"I don't know..."

"Come on, you trust me, and you trust Peter. His teacher won't care if I go with him, and I can stay in a separate room for the night. I'll have Happy book one. And we'll be safe. It will be fun, Dad, please."

"Please, Mr. Stark." Peter naturally has puppy eyes, even if he isn't trying, and they're working.

Tony sighs and shakes his head. "Fine. But you have to remember, you're Gracee Saunders, not Gracee Stark."

"Oh, my God, Thank you so much! I will, I promise!"

"Okay, now, why don't you go back to your room and pack, while I talk to Mr. Parker real quick."

"Dad-"

"It'll be quick."

"Fine."

I send Peter an apologetic glance, before going back upstairs to my room. When I get there, I pack a few outfits, toiletries, my suit, and a book, of course. Just as I'm zipping up my bag, Peter walks in, looking kind of shaken.

"What did he say to you?"

"Just that he trusts me and that I better not screw up."

"Oh, Peter, don't listen to him."

I pick up my bag and look down, realizing I am in the same outfit I slept in last night. "Wait, actually, give me a minute."

I push him out and then throw on a neutral colored plaid tennis skirt and a tight black long sleeved shirt. Then, I brush my hair, put on some mascara, lip gloss, and perfume. I put on black high top vans and then open my door, to see Peter leaning against the wall outside. He turns around and his eyes go wide, before he tries to hide his expression.

"Wow, you look, you look really pretty."

"Thanks, Parker. Now, let's go!" We run down the hall towards the door, but I slide to a stop. "Friday, tell everyone I'm heading out for the weekend and that I love them."

"Will do, Miss Stark."

We run out and, without hesitation, he wraps his arm around my waist and I wrap both of mine around him. After swinging through the city to Midtown, he stops on the side of the school and quickly strips, forgetting I'm there. I turn around while he changes into his clothes and out of his suit. Once he is dressed, we quickly run to the bus.

"Hey, it's Peter," says a kid standing by the bus.

"Guys," Peter says, out of breath.

"Peter? Gracee?" Liz raises an eyebrow.

"Hey, Buddy," someone else says.

"Yeah, I was hoping maybe I could rejoin the team."

Flash walks up, facing Peter and I. "No, no way. You can't just quit on us, stroll up, and be welcomed back by everyone."

The teacher walks out of the bus and smiles. "Hey, welcome back, Peter. Flash, you're back to first alternate."

"What?" Flash asks.

"He's taking your place." A boy I don't know laughs.

MJ then appears from behind everyone. "Excuse me, can we go already? 'Cause I was hoping to get in some light protesting in front of one of the embassies before dinner, so."

"Protesting is patriotic. Let's get on the bus." The teacher, who I'm guessing is Mr. Harrington, looks at me. "Peter, who is this?"

"Oh, uh, this is-"

"I'm Gracee." I hold out my hand and he shakes it. "Gracee Saunders. I was thinking about going to this school and possible joining your team in the future. I thought this would be a good learning experience."

"And how do you know Peter?"

"I'm... I'm his girlfriend." Peter shoots a confused look at me. "I just want to be supportive."

"Well, as long as we don't tell Principle Morita I let a stranger on the bus, I don't see a problem. I'm a cool teacher, by the way."

"I can see that." I smile.

"I like her," he says to Peter. "Let's get on the bus."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 624 22
Y/N was used by Hydra for her powers for years. When she senses Hydra's intentions for her shift to something more sinister, she makes her escape, me...
43.2K 979 11
(book 1) y/n stark is really not here for this european school vacation because in this post-endgame world, she's mourning the loss of her dad. but o...
5.1K 256 56
(Stark's Daughter X Peter Parker Fan Fiction) When she's been taken in by Tony Stark himself at the age of 6 and officially adopted not 2 years later...
276 27 12
"We should be on our school field trip with our friends right not, not on another planet, risking our lives to save the universe." "The fate of the u...