Little Red Riding Hood (Siriu...

By angelraeken

(y/n) and Sirius Black have been enemies since the day they met at the sorting hat ceremony. No one really kn... More

1 - The start of a new year
2 - The Boggart
3 - The Black dog
4 - Detention with Sirius Black
5 - Potions Partners
6 - Werewolf in the woods
7 - Quidditch
8 - The man in the window
10 - Christmas
11 - The apple tree
12 - The Room
13 - The Prank on Snape
14 - Wolfsbane
15 - The Kiss
16 - Bruises
17 - Exam Season
18 - A Lasting Memory
19 - Mine
20 - A walk in the woods
21 - The Marauders
22 - Dancing in the rain
23 - A familair face
24 - Theodore Wing
25 - Returning to Hogwarts
26 - Research
27 - The Hogwarts Games

9 - Hogsmeade

5.5K 195 506
By angelraeken

The next morning the dog wasn't by your side but the fur now covering your belongings indicating that he was in fact there with you last night. A smile crept along your face at the thought that he was protecting you last night after what happened. That thought alone reminded you to thank Sirius for what had happened. You may hate the guy but if he wasn't there who knows what would have happened. Last night he was your hero. 

Taking a deep breath you pushed yourself up out of bed and began to get ready for the day. You threw your robes on and started to put yourself together. Sirius and you were to meet McGonagall in her office after breakfast to give her your side of the story and to see if she had any more information about who the man was. 

"You're up early." Marlene's sleepy voice pulled you away from the thoughts about Sirius. You spun around to see the girl looking at you as she rubbed the sleep from her right eye, a small smile playing on her lips. "How did you sleep?" 

"I was okay in the end, I had company -" 

"The dog?" 

"Yep." 

"How does he keep getting in?" 

"Your guess is as good as mine." You smiled as you started to tie your tie. "He can't be a professors surely?" 

"I've never heard anything of the sort." She replied, sitting up trying to come to terms with how early it was. "No one ever mentioned anything." She shrugged. "Not even the care of magical creatures teachers." 

"Maybe he's just a stray." You replied, styling your hair as she spoke after finishing your tie. 

"Doing your hair for Sirius are we?" She arched her brow, smiling as she did so.

"No actually, practicing for when Hogsmeade comes around." 

"Oh Godric that's in a few weeks isn't it?" 

"Two weeks." You hit back. 

"Then we leave for Christmas." 

"Why are you two talking about Christmas?" Lily had now woken up from all the talking. Her ginger hair looking like a bird's nest as she adjusted to the light in the room. 

"Because Christmas is coming up fast Evans." You smirked.

"Oh god, James better not get me a gift." He groaned. 

"And if he does?" Marlene asked. 

"Godric save me." She fell back on the bed with a huff which only caused both you and Marlene to laugh. 

"So (y/n), speaking of Hogsmeade ..." Marlene sparked up the conversation, eyeing you up. "Who are you going with?"

"Regulus Black." You answered confidently. 

"So you confirmed it with him? You know after Sirius threw a temper tantrum." 

"I don't care what Sirius thinks, he's not exactly nice to me -" 

"Apart from saving your life yesterday." 

"He didn't save my life!" You nearly yelled. 

"(y/n)," Lily groaned. "It's too early for yelling." 

"He kinda did." Marlene continued, ignoring Lily's plea.

"You don't know that!" 

"And nor do you." She smirked. Marlene's expression causing you to roll your eyes. 

"Well before you start telling me how much of a hero he is I need to go meet him." 

"Good luck!" Marlene called down as you left the room. 

"A hero?" Sirius was at the bottom of the stairs which led to your room with a big smirk plastered on his face. "You weren't talking about me were you?" 

"Just because you threw a man out of a window for me last night." You replied, walking down the stairs to meet him. 

Sirius took one look at you and smirked. He looked like he'd just had a rough shag due to his hair being pushed around and his tie basically falling off from around his neck. He scanned your body but his eyes landed on the fabric that lay just under your neck. He reached his hand out and pulled a hair off of your uniform. 

"You're covered in dog hair." 

"Must have been from the black dog." You looked down and brushed the hair off before your head snapped up from what he just said. "Did you just say dog hair?" 

"Hmm?" Sirius moved his head to meet your gaze. "Oh," He let out what you believed was a nervous laugh before he started talking again. "Just looked like dog hair -" 

"How do you know what dog hair looks like?" 

"James has a dog." Sirius cursed himself for that. His brain just connected the dots that the two of you were basically neighbors and you were to be going home in a few weeks. He took a breath of relief knowing he was going to be there too, that way he could cover his tracks slightly but he knew James would kill him for saying that after all, his parents didn't know they'd casted an animagus spell. 

"He does?" You raised your brow. "He never mentioned that -"

"Yeah, visited a few times." He opened the door for you as the two of you now left the common room. 

"What type of dog does he have?" You asked. 

"A black German Shepherd I believe." He gave you a small smile hoping it would be enough to steer you away from the situation. 

"Did he happen to bring the dog to Hogwarts?" 

Sirius didn't exactly know what to say. Little did you know he'd moved in with James and he knew that you've seen him so much as a dog that you'd recognize him in an instant. He didn't really have a choice at this point. 

"Yeah," He tried to sound as laid back as possible. "His name is Kaz, in case you didn't have a name for him yet ... but don't tell anyone, you know, dogs aren't allowed in Hogwarts and he doesn't want anyone knowing, even Lily and Marlene." 

"Is Sirius Black begging me to keep a secret?" You were highly amused at this point. 

"I never beg, if anyone's going to beg out of the two of us it'll be you." He winked. 

"Well, then I guess McGonagall will hear about James's dog." 

"Wait, (y/n) please!" He pulled your arm so you were now facing him, your chests touching. "I know you don't like me but you and James get on. Please if not for my sake, for James." He looked beyond desperate at this point. It made a wicked smile dash across your face. 

"Fine, but that just gives me an upper hand." 

"How so?" Sirius asked. By this point, you had spun around and been now walking away from him. 

"Because I can get you to do anything for me by using that against you." 

"So you plan to blackmail me?" He asked in disbelief. "After I saved your life?" 

"We don't know if he wanted to kill me -" 

"He climbed through the bloody window (y/n)!" 

"Cats climb through windows Sirius doesn't mean they're out to kill you." 

"I don't like cats." 

"And I don't like you." You gave him a sarcastic smile as the two of you reached McGonagall's office. 

"Oh, I know you don't like me." He stood behind you and whispered in your ear as you knocked on the door. "You love me (y/l/n)." 

"Oh in your dreams Black!" 

As you spoke the door to the office swung open and there stood McGonagall, she eyed you up with a disapproving look. "Perhaps the two of you would like to have another five minutes to talk over your lover's quarrel?" She looked between you both. 

"Yes Minnie," Sirius flung his arms around you. "I think maybe (y/n) and I need to have a little talk." He smiled as he planted a kiss on your cheek making you push him back. 

"You know I think I'm good." Huffing at the boy, the two of you walked into the office and sat down at McGonagall's desk. 

"Now that is out of the way, I need the two of you to tell me what happened last night. Every detail."

You took a deep breath and started to talk. "I had just finished showering in the changing rooms. We were having a party in the common room -" 

"We normally do after a win," Sirius interjected. 

"Yes, Mr. Black I am fully aware." McGonagall gave him a side-eye before turning to you. "Miss (y/l/n) do continue." 

"I came back to the common room and just went inside, no one seemed off and I couldn't see anyone inside who looked off so I doubt it was an inside job. I went upstairs to change, I was tempted to sleep but Sirius followed me to my room." 

"And why was Mr. Black in your room whilst you planned to get undressed?" McGonagall gave Sirius a highly disapproving look. 

"Yes Sirius, why did you follow me to my room whilst I was getting changed?" You joined McGonagall with giving Sirius a disaproving look. 

"Well," Sirius leaned back in his chair and gave you a cocky smile. "I sensed she was in danger, and I guess I was right." 

"Mr. Black I suggest you stay out of the girls dormitories unless you want to be in detention with me for the rest of the year."

"I wouldn't turn down the offer to see you Minnie." He smiled but McGonagall only rolled her eyes in annoyance at the boy. "Do continue Miss (y/l/n)." 

"Sirius and I were just talking when the window smahsed."

"I pulled her aside and drew out my wand, the bloke was wearing all black, we couldn't see what he looked like." Sirius mentioned. 

"Only his eyes." 

"His eyes?" McGonagall asked. 

"They were yellow, like a bright amber kind of colour." You replied. "I don't know anyone quite like it." 

"He knew (y/n)." Sirius added. "He said something like he hadn't seen her since -" 

"Since what?" McGonagall asked, taking a break from writing what the two of you had seen to look between you both. 

"Well he didn't get chance to finish, Sirius sent the man flying out of the window before he could utter another word." 

"So he knew you ... but you didn't know him?" She asked. 

"Not that I can recall." You replied. "But how did he know where my room was?"

"That is something I and Dumbledore are trying to work out." McGonagall replied. "There is a protection charm placed on the window, anyone who tries to break it will be unsucsessful therefore you will be able to stay in your current room however if another incident breaks out I will have the two of you mived for safety." 

"Both of us?" You asked. "But he came after me, not Black -" 

"The man also caught sight of Black, after what he done to him we can't be certain that he won't come after him too. So if anything happens the two of you will be moved to a private quater in which you will share for a while or until we know that you are both safe." 

Knowing that you could spend months with Sirius in the same room was something you dreaded. You could barely put up with him during lesson let alone sleeping in the same room. You just hoped you wouldn't have to share a bed with the bloke. 

"You two are dismissed. I will get these notes to Professor Dumbledore and I will inform you both of any updates I have." She stood up and guided you two towards the door. "And if you or anyone in Gryffindor tower see or hear anything please come and speak to me or another professor instantly, understood?" 

The pair of you nodded as you left her office. As you started to walk to the Great Hall for breakfast you sparked up a converstaion with Sirius. 

"Sirius?" 

"Yes love?" 

You rolled your eyes at the pet name but continued. "Thank you for yesterday." 

"(y/n) (y/l/n)? Thanking me? I should get a whitness -" 

"Oh shut it." 

Sirius laughed at your reaction but she soon turned strict and serious with himself. "(y/n), are you still going to Hogsmeade with my brother?" 

"I am." You replied. As you spoke those words Sirius grabbed your arm and pulled you to face him. 

"Be careful (y/n)." 

"Sirius he's not going to kill me -" 

"(y/n) I don't trust him. I don't trust any of them in my family." You searched hos eyes for a sign that he was messing around but there was nothing. It was evident he was looking out for you, for once. "With what those have been saying about," He lowered his voice as he spoke the next word. "Voldermort ..." 

"And you belive he's involved do you?" 

"All I'm saying is that he agrees with him. You aren't a pureblood (y/n) -" 

"And?" You snapped back. "What you think I'm not good enough because of my status?" 

"That's not what I'm saying." He huffed. "I don't want my brother using you for something or harming you in any way." 

"Since when did Sirius Black get all soppy?" 

"I just don't like him and I'd rather you be alert and send him flying then him do something that you can't stop." He took a step back. "Belive me, you still piss me off more than I can imagine, but I hate him more." With that Sirius stormed off to The Great Hall for breakfast, leaving you to think about his words. 

---

Two weeks had gone by, it was the day of the Hogsmeade trip. You were still going with Regulus, despite Sirius's warning. You were convinced he was making it up. You couldn't even begin to belive someone as nice as Regulus would be involved with Voldemort or Tom Riddle as many knew him. However, you kept his warning in your mind. 

You and Regulus met in the snow covered village full of shops that you could wonder around for hours on end. He told you about his home life, what life was like as a Slytherin and the two of you shared some friendly rivalry about your houses that was until he eventaully asked you about the event that took place a few weeks ago. 

"I heard about what happend, with that man in Gryffindor tower." He spoke, offering you a jelly slug. 

"Oh yeah ... that." You replied, taking a jelly slug into your hand and raising it to your lips. "Well if it wasn't for your brother I could have been in big trouble." 

"Yes I heard my brother was the one who saved you." He didn't seem to fond of that. "Bet the girls loved that, bet he did too." 

"He gets attention as it is, it would only feed his ego more." You answered. 

Meanwhile, Sirius was also talking about you. 

"So Padfoot, are you looking forward to spending your first Christmas at the Potter residences?" James asked in a cheerful tone. He'd tried to spend some time with Lily whilst he was out but she was far more intrested in Snape at this point. 

"Of course, your Mum's cooking is perfect." He answered. 

"Oh and don't forget I live next to (y/n)." 

"Actually I have something to tell you about her ..." 

"Oh no ..." James gave him a look. 

"You like (y/n)?" Peter asked. 

"You love her?" Remus added. 

"You got her pregant?" James finished. 

"Oh shut it you lot." He rolled his eyes. "I may have let spill about me being a dog but she doesn't know it's me, she now thinks James has a dog -" 

"SHE THINKS WHAT?" James screamed. "SHE KNOWS MY PARENTS YOU IDIOT WHAT IF SHE ASKS ABOUT IT?"

"WELL I WASN'T GOING TO ADMIT TO HER THAT I WAS THE DOG WHO'S BEEN LOOKING AFTER HER THIS WHOLE TIME WAS I?" Sirius screamed back. 

"WELL WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHEN SHE COMES ROUND FOR CHRISTMAS?" 

"SHE'S COMING ROUND?"

"SHE DOES EVERY YEAR YOU IDIOT!" 

"Oh please take Sirius on a walk past her house!" Remus laughed. 

"Please don't." Sirius pleaded. 

"We're gonna have to now." James complained. The boys kept walking through the snow, looking through the shop windows when Sirius caught sight of you and Regulus. The two of you were laughing as you shared a packet of sweets between you. Regulus swung his arm over you, pulled you closer into his side and at the sight of this everyone knew Sirius would lose his mind. 

"I'll be back." Sirius stormed through the crowd and broke the two of you apart. He shoved Regulus aside causing his brother to fall into a fellow grouo of Slytherin students whilst Sirius mirrored what his brother was once doing only mere moments ago. "(y/n), you look -" 

"Get off me Black." You shoved him away and moved over to Regulus who was dusting himself off. "Are you okay?" 

"Fine." He replied before turning to his brother. "You don't know when to stop do you?" He sneered. "First you break Mum's heart and now you try and attack your own brother." 

"I hardly attacked you." Sirius scoffed. "Mum was the one that wanted me out of the house -" 

"You ran away to live with your boyfriend!" 

"And you're living your life like a house pet!" 

"Oh Sirius back off -" You tried to interject but he ignored you. 

"I know what you're planning for her." He pointed to you. 

"Her?" You scoffed. "Her has a name." 

"Oh shut up (y/n)!" Sirius yelled but regretted his words the moment he said them. 

"No Black." You grabbed him by the collar and pulled him down to reach your level. "You listen to me, why can you not just stay out of everyone's way? Why are you so obsessed with me that you chase around everyone who even looks at me? You aren't my guard dog! Why do you care so much about my life?" 

"Because no one else does, I pity you that's why." He spat. 

His words hurt but at this point Sirius didn't care. Your words had annoyed him too. 

"Then I advise you to stop giving me pity. I don't need any of your attention." 

"Well you sure do seem to crave it." 

"I do not!" You shoved him back, tempted to pull out your wand but you knew that would only make things worse. "Stay away from me Black, I know that's hard for you." 

With that you stormed off, Regulus following behind. You knew Christmas was just around the corner and that meant you didn't have to see Sirius Black. Well ... at least that's what you thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 234 13
Y/n is in love with Remus Lupin, but what happens when he brings home a new companion? Who will y/n turn to? That would be the one and only Sirius Or...
158K 7.3K 35
In y/n l/n's third year at Hogwarts, her relationships and connections to those around her will be tested. With tensions growing since the escape of...
860K 20.5K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
57K 2.3K 64
Sirius had been James' best friend since Sirius switched to his school in 3rd grade. Before that? Well Sirius never thought that James could have a...