BRAWLER WANTED

By They_Call_Me_Karma_

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓ BrawlStars/Reader ┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛ ❝i spend my weekend trying to get you off my mind... More

Information | REQ HERE
[Depressed!Poco] You'll Be Okay
[Poco] Warm Healer
[Barley] Somebody Else
[Barley] Question
[Bull] Bull-eve
[Bull🍋] Commitment
[Bull🍋] Collar To Your Neck
[Carl/Geologist!Reader] Diamond
[Colt] Fool
[Jealous!Mortis] Royalty
[Sandy] Before I Go To Sleep
[Barley/Yandere!Reader] Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Quick Important Note
[Belle] A Promise

[Edgar] Admiration in The Air

1.1K 31 70
By They_Call_Me_Karma_

ミ★ Third person POV
ミ★ 2200+ words
ミ★ TW Stalker behavior
ミ★ Notes : I literally have not kept up with the game's lore or who's related to who so if any of this sounds inaccurate please be informative and correct me. Title idea by DoodlinFool <3 ty bro.

*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*

Edgar was a weird guy.

Seriously, he was bizarre.

He kept to himself at all times, he liked it that way, only becoming hostile when others approached him— managing to reach the point where other brawlers would avoid him like the plague. He thought it was better this way. People would just bring him drama, why even bother.

So when he first spotted her, why did everything have to come crashing down?

[F/n] [L/n], a spitting example of someone completely opposite to him. She was a social butterfly, loved by everyone. Popular amongst the brawlers, unsurprisingly, and her bubbly aura was sought by many. There was no single person immune to her charisma. Edgar was no exception.

He kept his eyes on her. At a distance of course.

As much as he wanted her, Edgar would never be able to simply approach her for a variety of reasons. For one, he desperately wanted to keep his reputation as is, and secondly, there was no way his confidence was built high enough to actually walk up to her. Instead watching afar in the confinements of his circle. Leaned against the wall, he does his best to hide the fact he's staring in her direction.

How. How does she do it? She stood alone, phone in hand, looking mindlessly at the screen. She looked like a princess waiting to be swept off her feet. He yearned to be that very person. The fabric around his neck scoots him closer in her direction.

His longing stare becomes an ugly grimace as Surge approached her.

Edgar grits his teeth, sighing irritably. What was he telling her? Whatever it was caused her to light up, a smile wide on her expression as a hand came back to rub the back of her neck. It was only when Surge flexed his metallic arms evocatively did he nearly blow a fuse.

The pinkish tint on her face explained it all. Edgar wished he was the one who had caused that, the one who made her flush. He wanted to be the one who impressed her. The one who made her nervous.

"Fuck..." He grumbled. Thoughts interrupted as a loud bell ring throughout the wind, showdown was nearing its begin.

When Edgar turned to take a final glance at [F/n], the lids on his eyes shot open. Surge had taken [F/n]'s hand, a kiss placed gently on her knuckles. He stared in complete disbelief. Eyes shakily narrowing at the scene. The tightness in his chest grew as a hand placed itself over it in a weak attempt to soothe himself. Surge walked off, expression smugger than normal, as he twirled to wave at her then back in the direction he was heading.

Edgar knew exactly who he was going after in showdown now.

★ ≖≖✿★ ≖≖✿★ ≖≖✿★ ≖≖ ★

Standing victor with no one around him to celebrate, Edgar blankly stared at the menu before him showcasing each brawlers' rank. His win didn't matter to him. The fact he had to face off with Leon did. Edgar half expected to see [F/n] as his final opponent, or Surge, yet he didn't spot either of them all round.

[F/n] sat at third, Surge fifth. His fist clenched.

"You did great out there!" Knowing well who that voice belonged to, Edgar turned. They were standing idly just a few feet away. [F/n] had nudged Surge's arm with a proud look on her features. Despite the praise, Surge was less than impressed with his performance.  "Thanks." He responds casually. Then following up with, "I think I'm getting a bit rusty though."

[F/n] wasn't all that convinced it was clear in her tone, yet, she offers him an idea. "I mean, you could always come train with me in the mine on the mountain tonight. It's a bit far from here but believe me when I say it's worth the hike." She assures him. Surge perks at the offer momentarily before shrinking back to his original position. "As much as I want to agree, I have an update due later tonight and I'm not sure how long it'd be."

Edgar who'd been eavesdropping while doing his best to appear occupied in the menu smirks to himself. He had been there a handful of times, he understood the appeal. If someone were to travel far enough in a direction into the mine they'd find a relatively large open space to comfortably spar. Aside from that it was also a nice place to roam.

Knowing the area fairly well, he pondered to himself the odds of finding her in there. The mine had several paths that'd split into different sections, choosing the correct one all the way through seemed pretty impossible if she had another destination in mind.

Alternatively he could also just camp nearby the entrance and tail her inside. In the case this backfired completely on him, he worried about coming across as a creep. But it clearly wasn't a high enough deterrent as he went forward with it anyway. Laying comfortably atop a tree brank, Edgar had waited nearly an hour observing nothing but the scenery around him. The sun had nearly gone completely down at this point, he began to wonder if she would actually show.

While his gaze was pointed towards the sky he sighed to himself. "What am I doing..?" He murmured, pressing two fingers on either sides of his temples. He was unable to put much thought into it, as the fabric around his neck forced his head to turn.

There she was.

Her attire was slightly different than usual. He picked up on it immediately. She is visibly much more lax, comfortable. With a larger grey and white poncho draped around her shoulders, [F/n] matched it with black jeggings. Edgar mentally noted this change.

[F/n] hummed as she walked the trail into the mine. Ignoring the faded, "Caution," planks that had clearly been ripped off the entrance. Edgar hastily leaps down as quietly as he could, walking in shortly after. He could only spot her shadow after every turn she made, slowly but surely he started to lag behind. They were headed in a completely opposite direction than what he had predicted.

Fortunately enough for him, [F/n] had paused in her tracks. Peering over the corner he observed her fiddling with an item in her hands. Only getting a glimpse of it for a second, he could immediately tell it was some sort gadget or tool. Edgar, unaware of the massive opening over her, stares in complete astonishment. She pointed the object into the air, setting it off, and out launched a mechanism. It had sent her flying above towards the roof far above.

Once reaching a certain point she had swung herself towards a hidden entrance, landing perfectly through it. Pleased with her performance she continued on. Meanwhile Edgar rushes to catch up. All his years of doing parkour set him up for this. With a single leap he could reach the ledge, pulling himself up effortlessly. When his gaze landed in the only path available he froze.

Tiny fluorescent mushrooms illuminated the entire room. Massive crystal like pillars that stretched from the ground to the ceiling reflected the soft hues, creating a variety of shades throughout. The space was still semi-dark, but the light provided was enough to map out the entire area if needed. A surplus of natural gems and minerals prying out of its walls, the sight was one out of a movie.

"If you wanted to tag along you could've just asked y'know."

Edgar, startled, flinched at the sudden callout. He hadn't realized he wandered in further than anticipated. "I-I—" He fumbled at a loss of words. Failing to notice her approach the hairs on his neck stood after feeling a hand land on his shoulder.

"This place is beautiful isn't it? I mean, look at this!"

Her hands extend as she twirls around the cave. Clearly engulfed within the beauty of the scenery, Edgar takes his moment to walk beside her. With eyes glued to her figure, he sighs into a tiny smile. "Yeah, it is." He rubs one of his arms.

[F/n] ends her dance by standing still before him, relaxing, as she raises a brow at him. "So I'm guessing you want to spar?" It was Edgar's turn to raise his brows. "What?" He questions. "You followed me because you want to spar, right?"

No, no he didn't. Not even close.

"Y-Yeah."

[F/n] perks for a moment, then slouches slightly back. "I'll have you know just because I use a gun during matches doesn't mean I'm not good with my hands." Edgar could only assume. His face flushed a faint pink.

"I can pack a punch." She adds.

Edgar let out a quick, "tch," intrigued as she cracked her fingers. "I don't think so." [F/n] took several steps away from him, creating an even amount of distance between them. "Please, you haven't even seen what I can do." The scarf wrapped around Edgar's neck untangles itself from him, slithering to latch itself onto a crystal on the wall. It was only fair this way after all.

[F/n] stares at him, realizing how attractive Edgar was underneath that massive cloth he had hiding his features. She huffed, doing her best to shrug off the thoughts. "Go!" She shouts, immediately charging at Edgar, who flinches initially before mimicking her.

Edgar blocks each of her swings, noticing a pattern. She occasionally left herself open after certain swings, but despite knowing this he didn't take advantage of it. He was rather amused as well as impressed at her speed. She was incredibly agile.

The millisecond [F/n] believed Edgar was going to return a swing she leap back, attempting to regain some energy. Locking eyes with Edgar, she was stunned to see he wasn't unfazed. He didn't even break a sweat. It became clear to her she wasn't going to win solely going hand in hand. She had to wear him down somehow.

[F/n] took off, Edgar chasing now far behind her. She used some of the blind spots in the room to duck and juke Edgar, smirking all the while. "You have nowhere to run to!" He growls, tone clearly semi-irritated he was unable to keep up. Losing sight of her, he spun around at the sound of rubble. He leapt despite not being able to see through the dark, miraculously landing onto [F/n]'s figure.

They both rolled over each a few times, coming to a full stop. Edgar was finally able to see her expression, which was shown to be a beet red. Breaking eye contact to glance down, he realized the position he had gotten them into.

His knees were on either side of her thighs, hands planted firmly against either side of her head as well. "H-H-Holy sh-shit." He stutters out in a whisper. [F/n] couldn't speak, not when her heart was beating against her throat as fast as it was.

Mustering up as much confidence as she could, she brought a hand up to place against Edgar's cheek. Twirling her index finger through his dark locks gently. Their unbreakable eye contact created tension so thick it could be sliced with a knife. She thought how adorable he looked blushing.

"Fuck." She shouted mentally.

Guiding his features down, their eyes shut as their lips meet. Her other hand moving towards the back of his head. They molded against one another perfectly. She made knots around her fingers to pull him in closer. Nibbling her lower lip experimentally, [F/n] happily obliged to take this one step further. Tongues dancing around each other as short breaths were taken after every slight part Edgar took. [F/n] was no fighter, she allowed him to take control of the exchange, Edgar exploring his new territory in satisfaction.

Beginning to feel too hot for comfort, [F/n] whimpered quietly. Edgar broke away, panting slightly, as he spotted the small strand of saliva still connecting their lips together. [F/n], too, was panting.

"Wow..." Was all she could say, voice extremely low. "Uhm... So, you're, uh, you're... Yeah so... Wanna go out? N-not that I care... that much." And like that, the tension broke. [F/n] erupted into a fit of giggles, Edgar turning red as a result. He moved over to sit beside her, flustered, staring into the air.

[F/n] sat up, nuzzling his shoulder lovingly while locking her fingers with his. "I'd love to go out with you Edgar." The butterflies in Edgar's chest flutter even faster, doing his best to mask the obvious smile on his lips. "C-Cool, we're going now then." He mutters, scooping [F/n] in his arms bridal style. Nodding in a direction, his scarf comes to coil back around his neck. The way back down wouldn't be an issue for him.

Burring her face into his shoulder blade, she embraces the situation they were in, taking in his cologne. She sighed in content, a wide grin on her expression.

Lets just say her heart wasn't the only thing that would be pounding tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 1.3K 49
If you want to join the server use this link https://discord.gg/PusxdzcR <[Genre Marking List]> {☆} : Song Chapter {♤} : Gore/Violence {♡} : R...
26K 362 87
Having a traumatic and abusive childhood, Edgar never really enjoyed living. He just lives for...living. Until he met the crazy white haired girl. ⚠️...
7.4K 84 17
hey y'all, here are some carl x reader one shots🤗. i'm fairly new to writing stories are such so... yeah feel free to leave suggestions. some of the...
19.4K 180 12
!!This book has been discontinued, sorry :( !! This book contains many different Bunny oneshots (Butters x Kenny), though most are probably going to...