๐’Ÿ๐ธ๐’ฎ๐’ฏ๐ผ๐’ฉ๐’ด

By WereGonnaDieAnyWays

Arabella Diaz 20 year old woman, forced into the marriage between her and a ruthless Mafia leader Mateo Salva... More

Aesthetic
Prologue
1 | What
2 | Mr. Mystery
3 | Rule Book
4 | Confidence
5 | No Secrets, No Lies
6 | Control
7 | Seriously
8 | I'm Sorry
9 | Scared
11 | Initiation
12 | Party
13 | They Killed Her
14 | Fuck It
15 | Let Me Paint You
16 | Dancing At 3 Am
17 | Silent Treatment
18 | Mark Her Ass
19 | Misplaced Wedding Ring
20 | Make Up
21 | Mr. Salvatore's Slut
22 | Mrs. Salvatore's Little Bitch
23 | What Is Happening To Me
24 | Just Know I Love You
25 | New York
26 | Bad Mood
27 | Meet The Sisters
28 | Jealousy
29 | Like Old Times
30 | Drunk Club
31 | Back In Time
32 | Back Home
Author's Note
33 | First Day
Author's Note
34 | Run
35 | Capture
36 | Arms
37 | Tears
38 | Apologizes
39 | Engraved
40 | Touched
41 | Surprise

10 | The Best I've Ever Had

12.6K 277 82
By WereGonnaDieAnyWays

Mateo's POV:

I avoided the conversation with Arabella as best as possible. It was clearly not a topic that could be dealt lightly. I know that people go through a lot of fucked up shit. 

But I've learnt the hard way not to get involved with others matters. I could see the way she ignored my gaze when we ate breakfast. She would walk away from me, every time the tension in the room becomes uncomfortable

I don't want her to rush and tell me all these things, because that doesn't build a stable relationship.

It only makes one more controlling than the other.

The door rang and I got up as usual, though she happened to have had the same idea.

We both walked to the front door of the house.

~~~

Diyore's POV:

I ring Mateo's house bell, needing answers. There's not way in hell he'd gotten married without his two best friends knowledge.

"Mrs. Salvatore. Mrs. Salvatore's husband." I walked forward without an invite, throwing my arms around both their shoulders. I stared down at the crutches in Mateo arms and nearly laugh. 

"Oh, why's a cat caught both your tongues." I tease, walking forward, then pulling away sitting on the couch.

"What do you want?"

"To talk." I smirk staring at the beautiful lady in front of me.

"You taking to me, then you looking at me too." I laugh at the jealously so evident in his deep voice.

"Yeah, whatever okay." I lean back, having one leg rest over the other, while staring at Mateo.

"So fucking talk dickhead." He knocks my legs over and sits a couple seats away from me.

"Have a seat Arabella." I pat the empty seat next me, with a smirk grazed into my face.

"Yeah, I don't think so. Sit here Arabella." He points at the couch away from me, and closest to him.

"I'll sit where I want. And I'm not sitting at all." She rolled her eyes and left me and Mateo alone, walking away to the stairs.

"I like Mrs. Feisty." I smile as the sound of her heels start fading into the distance.

"Watch it, motherfucker." He points his finger at me, only making me chuckle lightly.

"So when'd you two meet?" There's no fucking way he got married.

He's only had one girlfriend, and after that he's only had nightstands. There's no way he had a secret relationship, because he's always at the warehouse. And I've never seen her before.

"Why."

"Because I want to know more about my best friend's relationship." I smile sarcastically.

"At a coffee shop."

"When?"

"What did you want to ask me about. If you're here to talk about me and Arabella, leave."

"When'd you two meet." I ask again. He thought about it for a second, then sighing.

"A couple weeks ago." My eyes widen.

He got married to someone he met a little while ago.

"And why the fuck did you marry her then. You don't know shit about her. Were you drunk when you asked her to marry you."

"I never wanted to marry her." He confessed.

"So you were drunk when you asked her?"

"My dad, told me the only way to take over the Mafia was if I was married. So he found Arabella, since apparently her dad wanted in the Mafia. He arranged the two of us then."

I FUCKING KNEW IT.

"So if this wedding was real and shit, you would have invited me?"

"Well no fucking shit. You're my best friend for fucks sake. Is this the only reason you came. To ask why I didn't invite you?" He looked at me before bursting into laughter.

"Maybe..." My voice trailed off when the same heels started coming down the stairs.

"So, if this isn't real. Let me have a hit at her."

"She's literally your sister-in-law." I looked disgusted then sighed.

"Then let me just get all those images and dreams out of my head." I said defeated.

"You're disgusting. You might be my best friend, but that don't mean I won't beat your ass."

"What's up with the crutches?"

"Long story."

"I've got time."

"Yeah, well I don't."

"Yeah, whatever." I got up from my seat at the sight of my sister-in-law.

"Dickhead. Beautiful woman." I grabbed onto her hand laying a kiss on the back.

And then I dismiss myself, leaving walking towards the door.

"You seriously only came for that?"

"Yup." I smirk walking out of the house.

"BECAUSE I KNEW I WAS RIGHT!" And get in my car, driving towards the gate.

~~~

Mateo's POV:

I on the couch of my office, while Arabella sits on my office chair filling in the paper work I'm meant to do.

"Arabella."

"Hm." She hums in response.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened with you mother." Her head snaps up, looking at me with sadness. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I just think, in order to grow our relationship. It's best if we talk things through." I've never been one to comfort someone, but I'd be lying if I said I've never craved it myself.

I wanted someone to care for me, ask me about my problems. Listen to me, when I need them to. But growing up, no one ever does that.

Because the reality is, it's everyone for themselves. And that's what has stuck with me through everything.

"You saw everything that happened. There's nothing to explain." She answers quickly.

"Why'd she do it?"

"She wanted me to do better." She gives me a sad smile before returning back to the papers in front of her.

"Do you think I'm a good wife?" The confidence she had before the showing of her mother wasn't there anymore.

She was scared.

She didn't talk back to me anymore. One of things I liked most about her. She didn't bother arguing with me, even when she was clearly wrong.

"What?"

"Do you think I'm a good wife?"

"The best I've ever had." I said sarcastically trying to lighten the mood.

She lightly smiled before going back to the papers.

I groan feeling a sting in my leg, as I hit the side of me leg on the couch.

She rushes towards me, crouching gripping onto my leg.

"Are you ok?" She looked worried.

"See. The best I've ever had."

~~~

Arabella's POV:

I lay on the bed staring at myself from the ceiling. I sigh at look from the mirror at the man sound a sleep next to me. I initially planned to sleep in my own room, but we started watching a movie and he fell asleep. 

I remove the black comforter off my body, slightly stretching the cramps, starting at my legs.

I put the covers over Mateo, since they were mostly on me before. I walk out of the room, feeling the same cold chill against my bare feet.

I wrap my arms around my body, covering the cold air that flew through the empty house.

I walk down the stairs, towards the kitchen wanting some tea. Tea is always a good drink to drink when not being able to sleep.

I warm the water in the dark shaded kettle, while grabbing the grey cups for my tea.

I look for the tea bags, looking in each cabinet not being able to find it where I'd placed it last.

I reach over to the side of the counter, feeling a cold clear glass on my hand. I pull the bottle towards me seeing the bottle, completely untouched.

I've never drank before. No one besides my father would drink. And he'd make sure to hind the bottle in case someone stumbled upon it.

I take the bottle reaching it closer to my eyes, reading the small writing along the bottle's edge.

Curiosity got the better of me, as I feel myself take the bottle with me to my cup. Removing the blue lid of the GREY GOOSE bottle of vodka.

I pour the slightest bit of the clear drink into my cup, and put the bottle down. I pick up the grey cup bringing it closer to my lips.

The scent invades my scenes, as I seem to finally understand what I'm doing. But I don't stop. I don't stop as I raise my cup bringing the liquid down to my lips letting the clear water like drink flow down my throat.

A burn accompanies with the euphoric feeling, which was quick to rush through my veins. I feel the burn going through my entire body, reaching my stomach and settling down.

The burn was unpleasant, yet the feeling that aroused with the sip felt so good. Like I was able to live for a moment.

Without the worry about being perfect. Without the feeling of not being good enough.

I just felt.

And it was only one sip. I don't hesitant to take another sip, and same burn runs through me rushing to my stomach, as I feel in enter and land to my lower abdomen.

It was a bitter aftertaste, but I'm guessing that's why they add something else into it. I go to the fridge getting a can of coke and pouring a little into the cup.

It was the feeling of relief that went along with ever taste. I didn't even realize the water in the kettle that was finished as I pour more into my glass taking a seat on the island counter.

~~~

Mateo's POV:

I turn half expecting Arabella to still be in my room.

But she wasn't. I checked for her in the room but while looking around, I was alone. I got out of bed just to make sure she was actually in bed. I left my crutches since my leg was pretty good now. 

I walked into her room and found her bed completely made. It was 2:40 and meaning she was in my bed until now.

I rub my eyes, searching once again for Arabella in the dark lit hallway.

A heard a giggle, and a smash coming from downstairs making me rush towards the stairs.

My steps are quick, as the giggling continues to flood my ears.

"Shit." I hear her say, lowering the sound of the tv, as she seeing me walking from the distance.

"What are you doing up, it's two in the morning." My voice hymns against my chest, as I walk forward, and sit next to her.

I sniff around me, and the scent of alcohol, fills my nose. Causing me to snap my head towards the giggling woman beside me.

"What's in the cup?"

"Tea." She smiles lying through her teeth.

"Oh yeah, then let me have some." Just as my hand was about to reach the grey cup, she pulls it away, making me put some of my weight on her.

"Give me the cup Arabella." I know she had liquor in the cup.

"Get your own." She frowned.

And she's drunk.

"I want your's." I try grabbing it again but she pulls away.

She glared at me before standing up and walking to the kitchen.

"What did I say about walking away from me?"

"You said that I should do it more often." Okay, I might like drunk Arabella.

I shake my head getting up myself, walking after her. I walk to the kitchen where I see the bottle of GREY GOOSE vodka opened, drunken almost half way.

"Arabella, that is too much." I rush next her giving her no choice but to give me the cup. She whines, and walks away making sure to stomp her feet.

I spill the remaining liquor from the cup away in the sink, before putting the cup in for me to wash tomorrow.

"Alright, up we go." I grab her hand from the couch, needing her to stand up so we could go back to bed.

"No." She pulled her arm back, making me turn trying to glare. But fail when I see her adorable pout on her puckered pink lips.

I smile and laugh at her action before sitting down.

"Why aren't we going upstairs Arabella?"

"Because you spilled my drink, so I'm not listening to you." She crosses her arms and turns her head away from me.

"Ok, I'm sorry. I'll give you more tomorrow."

"No today." She looks back at me with pleading eyes.

"No Arabella, let's go." Again she looks away from me staring at the screen with a tv shows playing. I get up again hoping she'll actually listen to me this time.

"No." She says in a stern tone, waving me off.

I throw my head back taking a seat once again at the couch. She looks at me warningly before signing and looking at me.

"My mom thinks I'm fat, she wanted me to be the perfect wife towards you. Cooking and cleaning. So when she found out I wasn't doing that. She hit me."

I turn to face her, as she explain everything to me, without hesitation.

I feel like, I don't deserve to know this unless this is sober Arabella I'm talking to.

"Well I think you're perfect. And I like cooking, even if I can't do it to save my dick." She smiles before bulging her eyes out at my last statement.

"You're gross." She said before laughing.

She lays over, leaning her head on my shoulder. She faces the tv but her attention completely at me. She was cuddled up so close to me, I don't understand how I could have ever been rude to this girl.

It's hard to not lash out when something doesn't go your way, but she was just something else. I can't believe I was ever an asshole to this girl.

Her eyes finally shut, and I thought she was finally asleep until her sleepy voice spook to me.

"I like having you as my husband." And then a small snore came from her mouth.

Her mother didn't know what she was talking about...

~~~

This chapter was so cute. Mateo's such a cutie.

FUCKING 9K READS I LOVE YOU FUCKERS

STAY SLUTY YOU SEXY HOES

Sincerely, A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

654K 10.6K 64
๊จ„the mob boss and his maid๊จ„ โ€ขโ€ข "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
18.9K 644 37
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
12M 364K 38
__โค๏ธŽ The Maid and the Mafia King โค๏ธŽ__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...
858K 20.7K 56
โš ๏ธ MATURE STORYโš ๏ธ "Now, why is a little girl getting involved in the devil's playing field. Didn't daddy ever tell you not to play with the big boys...