Melancholy

By ruani_writes

She hated them. They loved her with everything in them. The universe truly has a sick way of telling you it... More

✨Introduction✨
✨Character List✨
Prologue
01| Someone who could be my brother
02| She saw a damaged and broken girl
03| You're as pretty as your mother was
04| I don't mind foster care
06| You don't remember who I am?
07| Blood doesn't mean your family
08| You were taken out of pity
09| He's going to take me back
✨Character List 2✨
10| I'm not a wall, Querida
11| I have to remind myself that she left
12| Jealous much?
13| You just love fucking with me
14| Whatcha laughing at pretty boy?
15| Tell us the truth
16| Bloody hell there goes my ears
17| What's wrong, pumpkin?
✨Extended Family✨
18| I didn't kill him
19| No thanks, I prefer a bad bitch
20| I'm nothing but a burden
21| She's not my girlfriend
22| I was 9 when it first happened
23| Those fucking lips
24| No one can help me
25| It was him, wasn't it?
26| I'm Dahlia
27| You just have to make this so damn hard
28| Am I making you nervous, amor
29| Just one more minute. Please
30| I need to let go
31| She's gone, Dominic
✨Sequel✨
✨Sequel Update✨

05| What's up my main bit-

16.9K 381 204
By ruani_writes

When dad's phone abruptly rings he answers suddenly going tense. His hand begins to shake in panic as I quickly straighten up.

"Dad?"

"P-principessa." Papa whispers to himself. He starts to tear up which never happens. I don't think we've ever seen him cry. Ever. His phone falls out of his hand and he buries his head into his hands. Fear intakes me as I grab the phone holding it to my ear.

"Sir? Hello?" a woman on the other side asks.

"Sorry about that. Can you repeat that?"

"Well I'm social services. Arabella Rylie Angel Perez's aunt has passed away recently and we found that you are the biological family. Would you like to take her in, or she can be sent to foster care?"

"What?" I feel tears brimming in my eyes. My sorellina.

"Would you like to take her in?" The woman asks again, snapping me out of my thoughts.

'Fuck yes' I almost scream though I keep my cool taking a breath before answering. "Yes. Where can we meet her?"

"She'll probably be at school right now-"

"What school?" I ask frantically. I finally got to see her. Answer faster god dammit.

"Hayden high school."

"Ok. We'll be there in half an hour.'' I said and ended the call. Dad's eyes filled with unshed tears as he looked up at me matching the tear that fell down my cheek. My arms wrap around him tightly as I laugh out loud in joy.

"We're getting her back dad!"

"My sweet principessa is coming home."

"Wait till the rest find out!"

"Let's keep it a surprise for now. We'll talk to the CEO another time but today we found my daughter!" Papa cheers, making us laugh. I don't think I've ever seen papa smile so carefree. Let alone laugh with pure bliss.

~~~

Entering the small school I look around thinking of what she could have had instead. We've all gone to a private school that is pretty large and has anything you want. This school isn't too bad but for sure doesn't hold the same benefits and freedom in choice of activities.

Down the end of the hallway is where the office is located as we're introduced to a small man, Mr.Thompson, the principal. Our faces are blank covering the happiness that spreads through our bodies like electricity. With a firm shake of our hands he guides us to the seats in front of him.

"Can you tell us a little about Arabella?" Papa asks to take a seat with me beside him.

"Well she is a trouble maker that's for sure. You know the usual, spray painting, getting into fights. I don't think she's an exactly violent kid. Most of her fights have to do with someone provoking her." The principle explains and I laugh quietly in my mind. She reminds me of us as children, in the best way possible.

"Even though I don't support violence I'm able to understand most of the time why she had done what she did. She's somewhat popular in school. She actually gets straight A's and does extra credits. She's an incredibly intelligent girl." The principle continues. Me and dad nod our heads in response. Maybe she could teach Xander something.

Soon enough the door is kicked open by a small girl. She has long brown hair that comes to her waist just like mama and she had dad's eyes. Anyone could see the resemblance. Dad's eyes held tears and so much love that he held back quickly, wiping away the stray tear that fell. I feel a smile creeping onto my face watching the all grown up girl. She was my sorellina.

"What's up my main bit-" The principal coughs, stopping her as we watch closely. The rules include no swearing. But who am I kidding. This girl, like the rest of us, has no filter that could stop us at times.

"Arabella you may want to take a seat for this." Mr. Thompson points to one of the seats where Arabella slumps into the chair without a care in the world.

"So Kev. If this is about how I spray painted venom on the school wall, that's there for women empowerment because if you look at it upside down it actually says women. I know I'm sick. Then that fight last week with a plastic face wasn't my fault. She started it. I finished it. Simple. But I mean , if you're going to suspend me, how long?" The girl speaks with a carefree sense that holds a stance of authority. She's like Xander in a way. They both seem cold and distant all the time.

"No this actually isn't about that. There was a fire at you house earlier this morning and no one survived.'' Kevin says, looking at her sympathetically.

"Okey-dokey!" She responds grinning as if we had just told her that flying cars have been created. She must feel our eyes as she looks at our shock struck faces.

I mean did we not just tell her that her mother figure had just passed away. I mean I don't like Lilith, no I despise her but wouldn't Arabella hold some sort of emotion since she was taken care of there. Did something happen? The thought crosses my mind as my heartbeat quickens in fear. The moment is short lived as a laugh sounds through the room.

"Your new bodyguards? Sorry about the last ones. I didn't know that a tarantula would cause him to fall back on the other one and make both of them hit their heads on the pole behind them. I mean they only lost a little bit of their memory, right? Plus arent bodyguards not supposed to be scared of that. Anyways, nice to meet both of you, just to warn you ahead of time, I like to prank so get used to it.'' Wait, bodyguards? Does she not realize it's us? I guess she doesn't remember us. Which is understandable since it has been 14 years. The simple thought of that makes my shoulders slump a little.

"The one who looks in his 20s is fine but I mean wouldn't you want to have younger ones since they last longer.'' She whispers but loud enough for us to hear. If this was any other person dad would demand an apology for such words. But right now he didn't even care as he was blinded by the fact that he has his daughter back.

She then prompts her feet on the desk as if she owned the place. Many places can be hers if she asked. God knows we would hand it to her without a question.

"No they're not, Arabella. They actually-" but she cuts the principle off.

"Ya I don't care. Am I going to go to the orphanage or foster care?" Being impatient. Yup. Definitely a Romano.

"No. we actually got in contact with your biological family and they'd like to take you in."

She suddenly went tense and all emotion drained from her face. It was now cold and emotionless like mine and dad's. In a way it scared me. We've been told that our face can make a million cower but the same goes for her. We've been trained to do so but why her?

When she laughs again, it makes me want to stagger back as I watch her. Her laugh holds so much hatred that could make me fall back. She laughs out loud with pain and disgust that makes me cringe. She was laughing at us.

"Ya I think I'll pass. I don't mind foster care. I mean it's only for a few months. Just until I'm 18.'' She replies coldly. My head turns to the side as if she had just slapped me. That hurt. As if a thousand knives are being stabbed into you. Kevin looked taken back but still continued "I'm sorry Arabella but you don't have a choice. They've already signed everything. You have to stay with them."

"Fine whatever. How does this work?" She simply states looking down at the floor for a second, her eyes coming back up with fierce coldness.

"Well these men are your father and older brother."

We step a little closer and give her a smile that she doesn't return. Her smile that could make us fall to her feet as a child is nowhere seen. Instead all we get is a small scowl that's gone as quick as it came.

We both introduce ourselves but she waves us off without care as if we were the scums of the earth that she had no business talking to.

"Ya okay. So do I have to move or something?"

I spoke up with a gentle smile wishing I could trap her in my arms and hug her tight to make up for the lost years. "Yes. We live in Italy."

"Great." The lack of enthusiasm makes me smile and falter though I keep some hope.

She says her goodbyes with Kevin before turning to us "Can I say bye to my friends at least."

"Sure principessa." I say with a nod.

Walking through the hallway everyone's silent just until the slam of a door where Arabella enters with a smirk. She walks to a group of girls seated in one of the areas in the class. They all look the same, makeup that they for sure don't know how to use properly, clothes that barely cover anything, in a way as if they tried to replicate a doll. Though they definitely didn't know how to.

She then proceeds to point to each one of them saying, "arrogant", "stupid", "bully", "annoying", "insecure". Each of the girls' faces become red with embarrassment as they slump further into their chair while kids laugh in the background

She then goes to some kids at the front of the class. Her calmness surprised me after how she had just spoken. "Sadly, I'm moving. Even if it wasn't my choice-" she whispers the last part that sends a blow to my gut. "I wish I could stay with you guys but it seems like life always has other plans for me. Those plastic dolls are going to always be nagging you whenever they get the chance. But just remember that it's all coming from their sense of insecurities. You are some of the most intelligent people that I know. You all have a future in the world compared to them. So stand up for yourself." She explains quietly. In the mists of speaking it seemed as if she was speaking to herself. They each get up giving her a small hug wishing her the best.

"I'll miss you guys too but if anyone's bothering you just text or call me." She says with a small smile. She moves to a group of guys seated at the back who all wear letterman jackets. She looks at them sadly in a way she never looked at me or dad.

"Are you leaving?"

"We're gonna miss you bells."

"You're leaving me with these idiots."

"We love you Bella."

With each hug that they give I can't help the way my eyes zero on their arms wrapping around her. She isn't going to have any boyfriends until she's 50. But she is going to die a happy virgin. I clench my fists to calm myself down and papa takes a sharp inhale. She moves to 3 boys who quickly glance at us then back to her. One of them stares hard at me scowling just until Arabella speaks.

"I'm going to miss you guys so much." She had tears in her eyes as if she was letting down her walls for them. She then proceeds to kiss each one of their cheeks and they all give her a sad smile. I feel myself go rigid as they step closer to her.

They each place a kiss on her temple telling her to call them as soon as possible. I wish I could wipe their kisses off with a sanitizing wipe. Though I stay stiff in spot with dad who holds a frown on his face.

"I'll meet you at the car." Papa says starting to walk away. I wonder what's wrong with him.

I look back at Arabella and they all have their arms wrapped around her tightly well except for one of them who gingerly keeps his hand hovering around them. Not a hugger I see.

"Oh and Mrs.Smith." She says when she's no longer in the hug making the teacher look up from her phone. Then she flips her off making the teacher gasp and the class snickers. 100% definitely a Romano.

A smile spreads across my face instantly disappears as I hear her say 4 heart wrenching words. Not to me. To them.

"I love you brothers!" She grins wildly, blowing them a kiss that they pretend to catch. My heart drops down and my hands go clammy. We're her brothers. The pain of hurt and betrayed courses through my veins painfully slowly making it hurt even more. I had wished my whole life for my little sister to tell us she loves us. To tell her brothers that she loves them. But instead I get a cold taste of reality hearing it for someone else.

I shake my head making my way outside to wait for her knowing I couldn't bear to see this anymore. Though I knew I at least have my sorellina back.

Before I leave I, of course, have to give Mrs.Smith the beautiful finger. I say my final goodbyes to the boys make my way into the hallway. I look around no longer seeing either Vincent or Lorenzo. Must have gone outside. I shrug quietly walking through the hallway in silence with everyone in class.

I find myself going through work emails just as a door is opened and someone grasps my forearm. I'm pulled into darkness until a light flickers on revealing a wall of cleaning supplies meaning this was the janitor's closet. By instinct I throw a punch at whoever grabbed me but my fist is caught in someone's hand.

My head whips around in cold fury until I relax almost immediately realizing it was simply Liam. Liam is the football captain that comes with a pretty decent six pack. Though I said I'd never be with any of the football players, Liam is a small exception. Him and I have been having a little fun here and there though this year. This may have only started because I wanted to feel normal like any other 17 year old. But lately it just seems like having a little fun.

As reluctant as I had been to doing this I pushed myself to get out of my small bubble a little. Though before we ever even did anything the first time, he saw a few of my personal scars that led to my trying to doge the questions. Yet he never let it go as he had seen this exact thing in someone else who had gone through such pain. With slow steps I told him a small part of my past that made him understand. He was gentle and caring the first time he pleased me. From then onwards we've fooled around at school and sometimes at his house. We've never gone the full way with sex but slowly getting used to intimacy.

My scars were never a turn off for him as I had told him I had been in an accident when I was younger that caused a lot of scars that didn't heal properly. A small white lie to give him what he needed to continue. A small white lie to ease my nerves knowing he could help. No one knows about us. And we'd like to keep it that way. God knows what would happen if anyone found out. I would be labeled a proven slut.

"Hey baby girl." he smiles, holding my waist and pulling me closer.

Distract me

"Hello there handsome.'' I wrap my hands around his neck so we're even closer.

Distract me

"So I heard you're leaving." he frowns, matching my own as I grumble under my breath.

"Ya. I don't want to. But I have too. I actually found out I have to go back to my family. Like the biologicals."

"I thought they left you?"

"Exactly why I don't want to go. I have a life here. They didn't want me and I've found people here who do." I look down at my shoes angrily tightening my hold around his neck.

Distract me

I look up at him as he stiffens seeing the lust swirling in my eyes. Just until I slam my lips onto his. He seems slightly shocked but reacts almost immediately. We move together as pushes me into the wall and places his hands on my ass to lift me up. I wrap my legs around his torso while we continue to move our lips sloppily against the other. He licks my lips for entrance which I deny. He bites my lip causing me to gasp, letting him slip his tongue inside. Or tongues dance together fighting for dominance which he wins pushing further into me.

He starts to trail kisses down my jaw and neck looking for my sweet spot. It doesn't take him time and he finds it making me let out a breathless moan. To get to the stage of being able to enjoy these things took a while. But now I'm able to freely speak of my pleasure.

"Found it." he says.

I can practically hear the smirk in his voice. My hands find his hair which I tug on making him groan. Bingo.

"Don't you dare leave any hickeys or I swear to god."

"What? What'll you do?"

"I'll- '' before I could finish he nibbles on my neck and my head falls back with a moan. I tilt my head to the side to give him better access just as his lips find mine again. I can feel his boner under me so I grind my hips on him making him groan out loud with my same wetness gathered between my legs. As I continue to do that I trail kisses on his jaw. When I make it down his neck, I kiss his American mafia tattoo.

Slowly my legs unwrap from around him as I make my way into a kneeling position in front of him. His darkened eyes watch my every move as I unzip his zipper, my hand brushing against his crotch that responds immediately, hardening under my touch. I pull his boxers down along with his pants just until it springs out to its impressive length. My mouth wraps around the tip that I seductively suck on as he groans his hand finding its way onto my head. Urging me to go faster. I do as I'm told, taking more in my mouth until I can't anymore.

The rest of his shaft is held in my hand that I pump along using my spit as my head bops faster. His hands tighten in my hair moving me at a faster pace. I work faster playing with his balls that tighten in my hold just until I pull my hand away jacking him off until he lets out a low groan, his release covering my hands. I smirk satisfied, grabbing a paper towel to wipe my hands.

I let out a sudden squeal when I'm pulled up to my feet by Liam who watches me with a hungry gaze. Slowly his hand goes down my chest, south. His hands stop at the hem of my pants before stopping making me groan and him laugh.

"Liam." I plead as he smirks, pushing his hand into my wet panties. In agonizingly slow strokes he moves one finger along my slit as I push against the wall closer to his hand that doesn't give me what I want. Finally he pushes his middle finger in making me gasp, grabbing onto his shoulders.

"God." I moan when his thumb rubs along my clit adding another finger. I move against his hand looking for release. Though like every other time, he's never able to reach the one spot that could make me fall apart in seconds. Meaning that it takes longer for me to come undone. I let out a loud gasp and Liam silences with a kiss as I slump against the wall.

"Well I should probably go now.'' I say while looking down with a slight blush, thinking about what just happened. God, that was something else. He holds my chin up, making me look into his eyes.

"I'm going to miss you." He says with a sad smile.

"Ya because you're going to have to find a new fuck." I slightly laughed in response.

"I have girls falling at my feet, you know?"

"Ya ya whatever you say." I wave him off with a smile forgetting about my family for a second.

"But I will miss you, baby girl."

"And I you, handsome."

He smiles at that and I give him one back. When I exit the closet I don't see anyone there as I quickly make my way to the washroom. I fix my hair that had gotten a little messy and wiping away any lip gloss that had been smudged around my lips.

Oh and you can't forget about the hickey. Luckily he only gave me one. Probably after I told him not too. Prick. But thankfully I had a turtleneck on so it covered it. When I was done I walked out with the smile still present on my face. Or at least until I turn the corner and walk straight into a hard surface. I look up seeing Lorenzo who looks down with a small smile.

"You okay? I was waiting for you at the front and you hadn't come in a while."

My smile instantly drops and he realizes that. His smile falters as his eyes become dull. My walls that I had let down immediately go back up higher than before. My voice is cold, my face is blank and my body stays tense as if expecting the worst at any second.

"Sorry. I had to go to the washroom." I started looking away. But he doesn't respond. He just stares at me. His eyes darken as he looks around my entire face. Fury crosses his face and for a second I think about stepping back. But instead I stay rooted to spot my hands clenching beside me in slight fear.

His back turns to me as he walks with long strides making it harder for me to follow behind. I wanted so badly to tell him to walk the fuck slower but bite my tongue up until he makes it to his car. He's talking angrily to whoever was seated inside the car but I couldn't make out what they were saying while still being behind. Sperm Donor slams his door open as I find myself in front of them. While he walked up to me I wanted to cower in a corner but I stood tall not letting any emotions show. My head cringes as he grabs my chin to pull up. He did not just put his hands on me.

"What the-" I was cut off by Sperm Donor

"What is this?" he asked deathly calmly.

"What are you talking about?" I question and push his hand off my face. "And don't touch me." I seethe out.

"What is that on your neck?" Lorenzo basically shouts in my face. I held back the flinch that wanted to come through my face hardening to stone.

I mentally slapped myself knowing he was talking about the hickey. Shit. I should have laid the foundation and played safe. But I already have an excuse for this very thing. Call me overly prepared but with Lilith always on my back you can never be too sure. I pull out my phone and find a picture of my Gua Sha facial massager. They look at the screen then back to me in confusion. With a sigh I further explain.

"This is a gua sha facial massager. It's a special crystal that you use to lift your face and reduce face fat. They sometimes cause bruises, just like this if you press it too hard. Happy?" I mean it wasn't a total lie. Everything I said was true except for the fact that that's not how I actually got the bruise. Slowly the anger fades from their faces and now they look uncomfortable under my scrutinizing gaze that I keep fixed on them.

"What did you think I got it from?" My mental smirk widens. I knew what they thought. Even if it's true, the fact that they immediately jumped to conclusions slightly bothered me. And now I want them to admit it.

"We-" Lorenzo stops abruptly clearing his throat. "It looked like a hickey?" He looks anywhere but me the words coming out as a question.

"So you think I sleep around?" I question innocently. Almost immediately their faces morph with horror.

"No! I-" Lorenzo rubs the back of his neck awkwardly as he stays stiff in place.

"We're sorry bambina." Both their eyes stay glued to the floor but I can't find it in me to care.

"I honestly don't care. Think what you want. But I'm going to take my car and you guys can just follow me to my house.'' I state shrugging my shoulders as theirs slump. They enter their car while going to mine. I can't wait to see their faces when they realize which ones are mine.

Taking my seat I smirk before starting the car revving the engine. I speed out of the parking lot with them trailing not so far behind. As I'm driving through the roads my smirk widens as I turn through different sections laughing as I watch them struggle to keep up. My head throws back in laughter when they lose me a few times just until we make it to the burnt house.

"That's your car?" Lorenzo's awestruck face makes me hold in a laugh.

"Nah, it's my boyfriend's.'' I say nonchalantly seeing them go tense.

"What!" Their faces hold shock and somewhat anger.

"What?" I ask innocently.

"You can't have a boyfriend and that's final." Sperm Donor tries to hold authority in his voice but it simply makes me scoff.

"I don't have one... currently. But it's my decision when the time comes."

"Bu-"

"I don't care. The house is in ashes now but luckily I had a bag packed from when I stayed at my friends house.'' If only they knew that I packed this beforehand. It would have been priceless.

"Since we have to go to Italy we'll be flying in our private jet to get there." Snobby rich assholes. This is going to be a fun few months. Note the sarcasm.

"Can you have my car and motorcycle shipped there.'' I ask. Well, more like a state. I would do it myself, if I wanted to I could well enough ship an entire garage if I wanted to, but then they would get suspicious. And there was no way in hell that they were going to find out about my company.

"Sure but we should probably get going soon." Lorenzo says, looking at his watch. I nod my head and we get into their car.

Stepping into a seat across from them I immediately grab my bag taking my headphones out that I quickly pop into my ears. Lorenzo who had opened his mouth to speak, sighs seeing my head turned away from him. He grabs his phone in the silence of the car getting the message that I didn't want to talk.

Looking out the window, I soak up the view and my last glances at New York. The place where I grew up. I have been here for the longest time that I can remember. From the age of three to eight I grew up as an only child with the love of two adults. Until I fell down to the bottom pits of hell. Where I was forced like a slave to work for their needs. I was pushed around like nothing.

At a certain point in time I just thought I would be stuck like this forever. I never truly saw myself leaving. But now I have to leave that behind. I have to push away those past thoughts and move on. Yet one thing that can never change, is to keep my guard up. Extra high this time. My so-called family is dangerous. More than dangerous. They're the Italian mafia for god's sake! They've killed hundreds without a second thought.

They've been taught to be ruthless and heartless. But who am I to judge? I'm no different. I'm the fucking angel of death! One of the top assassins. I was recruited to be the best of the best.

Only people I trust know that I'm Rylie, the best street fighter and racer. Only people I trust know me as the world wide known assassin, Angel of death. Only people I trust have been able to learn of my position as owner of Perez Hotels, Angel Clothes, and Bella Jewelry. Only people who I trust know a small part of my past.

But my family, I do not trust. I can't even look at them without disgust. The cruel words that have been fed to me are because of them. The fights that I have endured are because of them. Losing everything from the beginning is because of them. They have caused me so much pain without even being here. With their actions, the child and I had to endure the consequences.

I'm no longer a child.

Authors Note

First thing I'd like to say is that I'm not the best with heated scenes. So I tried to make this kinda good. Just a little splurge for now since you won't be getting smut for a little while... I'm sorry! I just want this book to have a beginning plot that can build up before I have that yet. But there will be.

And no, Liam is not the love interest. I know I know I just can't wait for you to meet the real love interest. A little sneak peak is that the love interest may meet Liam. Maybe, maybe not.

Continue reading to find out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 1.4K 76
ALEX The name is enough to shiver down anyone. He is the defination of cruelty and known for his torture. The king of Mafia. He is cold, cruel, domin...
1M 27.2K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
258K 2.4K 52
"I wanted what I wanted, fuck everything else. And what I wanted was her. Anaís Semaya." "Out of all the stars in the galaxy, you're by far the most...
258K 5.6K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...