Melancholy

Von ruani_writes

She hated them. They loved her with everything in them. The universe truly has a sick way of telling you it... Mehr

✨Introduction✨
✨Character List✨
Prologue
01| Someone who could be my brother
02| She saw a damaged and broken girl
04| I don't mind foster care
05| What's up my main bit-
06| You don't remember who I am?
07| Blood doesn't mean your family
08| You were taken out of pity
09| He's going to take me back
✨Character List 2✨
10| I'm not a wall, Querida
11| I have to remind myself that she left
12| Jealous much?
13| You just love fucking with me
14| Whatcha laughing at pretty boy?
15| Tell us the truth
16| Bloody hell there goes my ears
17| What's wrong, pumpkin?
✨Extended Family✨
18| I didn't kill him
19| No thanks, I prefer a bad bitch
20| I'm nothing but a burden
21| She's not my girlfriend
22| I was 9 when it first happened
23| Those fucking lips
24| No one can help me
25| It was him, wasn't it?
26| I'm Dahlia
27| You just have to make this so damn hard
28| Am I making you nervous, amor
29| Just one more minute. Please
30| I need to let go
31| She's gone, Dominic
✨Sequel✨
✨Sequel Update✨

03| You're as pretty as your mother was

18.6K 399 491
Von ruani_writes

Punch

Fuck my stupid family. I don't need them.

Punch

May Lilith fall off a bridge. She can kill herself for all I care.

Punch

I wish he would just leave me alone. Even without him here, he keeps haunting my goddamn mind.

With one last final blow to his none moving figure, I got up from where I straddled his waist. He was out cold and had actually been for a few minutes yet I still couldn't stop myself from using him as my own personal punching bag. No one tried stopping me as they watched frozen in place just until I brushed myself out of the ring. Stepping down I'm pulled into a tight hug that makes me stiffen. Though I melt into his calming embrace.

"Congratulazioni bambina!(Congratulations baby girl)" Demetri says with a huge grin. He already knew that I was going to win but he still would act as though I had won my first fight.

"Grazie Signore.(Thank you sir)"

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me sir." Demetri hates it when I call him sir. At first it was just a habit but then I just did it to annoy him.

"Oops, I guess it slipped my mind." I shrug with a smile playing on my lips.

"For sure. How are your ribs? I saw the way you cringed at that blow to your ribs."

"Lilith. She couldn't help herself, again. But it's fine. I'm fine.'' I say through clenched teeth. That one phrase has come from my mouth so many times, it's been rehearsed.

"Bambina, you know that I care about you. But I also know that you won't open up if you don't want to. Just for once, admit that you're not fine. The last time you did was when you were 12. It's been 5 years." His eyes held sadness and some sort of hope for me to open up. But I just couldn't.

"Demetri. I'm completely fine at the moment. You'll be the first to know if I'm not."

Demetri nods in understanding. "Just remember that people love you. I love you."

"Well I'm going to grab my prize money and head out. See you later. Love you."

I feel someone staring holes into me as I leave but I just decide to ignore it. It's not the first time I've been stared at considering I'm the well known, Rylie. I wear a mask so as to not reveal my identity but people still try to figure out who I am. I'm used to the eyes. Though it still slightly freaks me out.

We exchange one more hug and I grab my money to leave. I hop on my motorcycle and enjoy the wind in my hair with no worries in the world. I wish it could be like this everyday. Everything would be so much easier and maybe I wouldn't feel the way I have for the past years.

After parking my motorcycle a block away I started to make my way home. When I get closer, I can see 5 black BMWs parked around. Instinctively my hand grabs my knife tucked in my bra taking slow steps to the door. The door luckily makes it open without a sound. My ears perk up when I hear rustling in the living room. That could well be Lilith but I have that gut feeling plus the noise sounds from everywhere. That can't just be one person.

Stepping forward into the hallway, I peek my head slowly to see 2 men looking through cabinets, under couches. Basically everywhere looking for something. My eyes zero in on the tattoo on both their necks. The Russian mafia seal. You have got to be fucking kidding me.

I take larger steps towards the figure to create less noise just until I'm behind one of them. My hand instantly covers his mouth as I use the knife in hand to slit his throat. The other one has his back turned to me still not realizing what was happening behind him. I place the body down slowly ignoring the familiar feeling of blood covering my hands. The same fate happens to the next guy, still no noise made between us.

Normally I would never simply kill someone since I need some way to get information but I could hear many more footsteps scampered from above me. Therefore these men here were simply a waste of time.

"Сэр, я услышал шум снизу. (Sir I heard a noise coming from downstairs.)" I hear someone say from upstairs.

Followed by footsteps rushing down the creaking stairs letting out harsh breaths. Quickly my back slides back to the wall behind the view. My breathing gently eases out as I tighten my grip on my knife.

"Черт. Двое мужчин внизу. (Shit. Two men down.)" One groans into his headset.

"Кто, черт возьми, это сделал? (Who the fuck did it?)"

"Ищете меня, мальчики.(Looking for me boys)'' I say with a smirk coming out from my hiding spot. Good thing I know Russian.

"Привет, принцесса... Возьми ее сейчас же! (Hello princess... Grab her now!)" one of the men yells. There were 10 here. Complete smirks are shown on either of their faces as if they think this'll be easy. Pathetic.

I'm first greeted by a slim-looking man wearing a full black outfit. In addition to a huge mass of curly hair, the man sports mutton chops. He walks closely to me as if underestimating me. Though he's quickly immobilized by my boot heel to a knee. Falling to the ground he seems to not be able to move just as everyone stares at me like an alien species.

"You're gonna just stand there or grow up and fight me motherfuckers." I grin ear to ear. Just like that they snap at me as if I'm a big red sign and they're raging bull.

Instantly three men come my way but with the single flick of a knife they're on the floor a matching line across their necks. They hold their bleeding necks shaking until they go limp.

Slowly to not get their attention my hand goes to the back of my waist to grip my gun in hand pulling it out. Three of them go to draw their guns but I quickly fire, not giving them enough to aim as the sound of guns clattering to the ground followed by groans.

A leg catches me off guard as it comes an inch to my face just as I move back. Their heel cuts through the air kicking my gun out of hand. I bend down pushing my foot from under me to meet his ankle sending him tumbling to the floor. His gun slides across the floor giving me the perfect opportunity to grab it as my own, taking down another two of the men with a gunshot in the head.

The last man standing seems to be frozen on spot as he watches me step forward to him. He looks like a prey watching his predator stalking him. I send two last bullets, one in the man's arm that he holds in pain and the other in the first man who is still later on the floor not moving.

I take slow menacing steps to the man on the floor with the bullet in his arm pulling my knife from the floor to hold to his neck. He shakes in front of me the knife close to his neck as the other one watches in fear. My favorite thing to see.

"Какого черта ты здесь?! (Why the hell are you here?!)" I say through seethed teeth barely containing my anger.

"Наш босс велел нас отвезти вас. Мы не знаем почему? (We were told to get you by our boss. We don't know why.)" One of them trembles trying to push his head back away from the knife.

"Единственный человек, который мог бы знать, - это наш заместитель в команде. (The only person who would know is our second in command.)" The other one added holding onto his bleeding side. I give him 2 minutes before he passes out and probably dies.

"Где он? (Where is he?)"

"Вверх по лестнице. (Upstairs.)" They both say through the pain.

"Сколько вас там еще? (How many more of you are there?)" I need to know that too. To be on the safe side.

"Это только он. Остальные из нас - это те, кто были здесь. (It's only him. The rest of us are the ones who were here.)" One of them replies. I know when people are lying and they aren't.

"Что ж, спасибо тебе! (Well thank you!)" I say with a sickly sweet voice until I shoot both of them with the gun in hand. They both fall limp to the floor in sync. Now to get the idiot who decided to mess with Arabella Rylie Angel Perez.

I sneak upstairs to hear quiet whimpers and a deep voice. Like really fucking deep.

"Where the hell is she?!" The deep voice yells with a thick russian accent. Russian idiots keep getting on my nerves.

"I don't know." Lilith cries as if begging. God, the last time I heard her beg... was never. Though in that moment her crying brought music to my ears. Karma is a bitch, ain't it?

I silently sneak in, turning the corner around the wall, gun still in hand. The sight I come to see is Lilith and gun point. Tears stain her pale face as she cries and begs. She looked petrified. It reminded me of myself. The way I would stare at her with tear filled eyes and hands clasped together on my knees for her forgiveness.

The funny thing was, this time it was completely opposite. She was on the other end of the line this time. It made a small part of me laugh inside. As quiet as I tried staying, I couldn't stifle the chuckle that left my mouth.

"Look who it is. The princess." The man who I know is the second in command smirked evilly. I mean he wasn't bad looking. If he wasn't here to kill me I wouldn't mind getting behind that.

Dude. Concentrate.

But he's got muscles..

Nevermind. Instead I turned my attention back to the man who stood in front of me with a gun still aimed at Lilith's shaking figure.

"You're as pretty as your mother was." He does a sweep of my body grinning as he comes to my slightly open waist that the shirt didn't cover. Pervert.

"Huh?"

"Oh you don't know?" He fakes surprise in a way that made me want to aim and shoot. Though I control the urge, smiling through clenched teeth.

"Obviously I don't know, stupid. Why else would I be confused?" I muttered under my breath but he heard. Angrily he takes a step forward to me trying to stare me down as he points his gun in my direction.

"Shut the fuck up!"

I just smirk and lift my gun too. Did he seriously think that I would be up here without some way of defense. He looks slightly taken back, his eyes trained on my gun. She's a beauty, I know, but stop staring. He runs his hand down his face in frustration.

"Ваш счастливый босс хочет, чтобы вы были живы (Your lucky boss wants you alive)"

And he messed up. People really need to stop underestimating me. Now I know he can't kill me even if he got the chance. Which is very small. "О, это так?(Oh is that so?)"

He was most definitely in shock, which made me smirk like a Cheshire cat.

I like proving people wrong.

I do what they say I can't.

(I Like it Like That by Cardi B)

He turns around to look at Lilith. "Now that we have her, we no longer need you." He points his gun at her until I stop him with the hold of my hand.

"No no no." I step forward in front of Lilith who is as pale as a ghost behind me.

"Please help me Arabella." Lilith begs crying wildly. I love this.

"Don't block my way. She is going to die today, whether you like it or not. So don't stop me." Second in command says through clenched teeth.

"I'm not stopping you, honey." I say with a chuckle. He looks confused as if I'm some escapee from a mental hospital. Lilith simply freezes her eyes bulging out of their sockets.

"I can do it. Make your life easier. You know." I say getting excited. This was going to be so much fun. The man in front of me smirks, nodding , pulling his gun down.

"Hello Aunty dearest. Miss me."

"Please Arabella." she pleads, making my smirk widen. Soon my face was going to split in half with how big my grin is. Excitement was an understatement.

"What?"

"Please spare me." I laugh. An evil filled one. I held a knife from that I picked the floor waving it in her face.

"Stop." Lilith says through silent whimpers. "Please have mercy."

"Mercy?" I laugh out loud. "Where was your mercy when no one would comfort me? Or when you beat me until I couldn't move like a goddamn corpse? Oh and how about when you gave me to that sick human being? You knew what would happen to me. But you didn't care. You had no mercy. So why should I?"

My grip on my knife tightens. I wanted to make her hurt like she did me but I couldn't bring myself to. I don't know why but I simply couldn't. Maybe it was because she truly was like a mother to me even if it was for only 4 years. Although through her constant punishments, even after she hurt me worse than anyone could ever understand, I couldn't.

I sigh angrily that my body was betraying me but nonetheless I pull the trigger. If you told me before that I would have let her die so easily I would have laughed in your face. I would always think about all the ways I could torture her. I could cut her, like she did me. I could carve her, like she did me. I could give her to the devil, like she did me. But in that moment a simple bullet was the only thing my mind would let me do.

"Say hi to Satan for me!" Were my last words when she layed not moving on the bed. I hear a deep chuckle from behind me. That's when I realized that he had watched the entire scene unfold in front of him. I quickly turned around and kicked his gun out of his hand. He was going to go for it but I already had him pinned to the wall with a knife to his throat.

"Hey! Enjoy the show?" I grin, shaking the uneasiness from what I had just done.

"Yes. Very much." he smirks back. Nah huh. Nobody smiles when I'm having my little fun. So I push the knife deeper in releasing a little blood. His breath hitches and his eyes hold slight fear. That's more like it.

"So why were you here?"

"Boss wants you."

I push the knife in a little deeper. "I know that idiota. But why?"

"We needed leverage against the Italian mafia."

"And how does that have to do with me?"

"Because you're the long lost mafia princess."

"Ya right." I snort. What kind of world is he living in? The one with unicorns hopping on rainbows with angels singing in a choir above them?

"No, I swear. You even have the family necklace" he says looking at the necklace that I'm wearing. I felt a strike in my heart as I thought it through. Was he telling the truth?

"They didn't even want me.'' I say through clenched teeth and then I slit his throat. His blood splatters on me but that was the least of my worries. I couldn't help the way my heart sank at the thought of my family. If you could even consider them that. Anyone of my blood is no concern of mine. I have a new family here. With my friends. They have been there for me and I just need to leave it like that.

I look at the time and it's already 4:30. So I have school in 2 hours. I fucking hate high school. Well at least for the most part. See the thing is, I kinda finished high school already. Or at least I got to skip a few grades. At the age of nine I was put into harder classes made to accelerate my learning abilities. In grade 8 it was realized that I could achieve higher things since I had sped through all the concepts.

Taking a placement test into high school, I was able to flip through the grades quicker than my other classmates. From then on university came and I spent most of my time investing into getting degrees in art and business. Everything was done through online courses so that I could start my small start up business.

This includes my up and running Perez Hotels, Angel Clothing and Bella Jewelry. 3 businesses in total may seem like much but they are actually not as bad to run as you would think. Most of my work has to do with the numbers and all the financial issues which I even have help for. My favorite part and the reason for ever starting a business has to do with the creative aspects. Thus being the design for all my jewelry and clothing. Each one of my businesses use my personal experiences whether they were good or bad to create different pieces.

Everything started at the age of 14 where it was difficult to balance everything but with the money that I earned from fights, things seemed to clip into place slowly. Now I'm the CEO of a multi-billionaire company. It's crazy to even think about it. And at times I think that I'm dreaming.

With all the money coming in I thought about no longer participating in my underground fights. But I didn't. I realized the real reason I did it. Not for the money. Though more for the thrill and relieve any built up stress. Plus the money earned can be put into charity groups.

My company has expanded wider and larger across the globe. Though no one knows I'm the CEO except for my employees. They've each signed contracts that keep them silent without any legal issues. The public will find out soon enough. At the moment it's designated for when I'm officially 21.

After showering, I slip into some sweats and a gray shirt. Today I don't feel like getting all dolled up since I'm completely exhausted at the moment. School to most, including me, can be a major pain in the ass. Technically I never had to go but I'd rather spend time with friends instead of with Lilith. Yet now she's gone. So I'm just going to wait for social services to pop by and the rest will play from there.

Just as I grab anything I need, I take some gasoline stored in the garage to pour across the house. The smell isn't new to me as I go around each room with music playing through my headphones. I set a fire in one of the upstairs rooms quickly running out of the house. The wind blows through my hair as the fire spreads through the house.

You know that scene in movies where they walk out of the house and explode behind them? Well that's what I'm imagining in my head as I sprint to my motorcycle. The neighborhood I live in is pretty small and the people who live there are either drunk or high. So noticing the fire before it spreads and it's too late, is very small.

I quickly ride to Jordan's house where he grins giving me a wave as I make it there. My beloved car is kept in his garage since Lilith doesn't know about it. We both get into my car smiling as I blast the radio in the air keeping the windows open. I laugh out loud with Jordan joining in while he pretends to hand me a mic to let me play the part.

As I park my car in one of the spots at school everyone's head turns to our car. You would think that it would get old but apparently not. We're not exactly very unknown here. I'm known for many different things.

Bad news so it's best to stay away.

Whore who's slept with all of the football team.

Fucked up and does drugs.

It gets on my fucking nerves. My bad rep comes from the few bad things I've done. They're not that bad though. I just tend to have a little fun here and there. But I don't sleep around nor would I ever do drugs.

I have been hanging out with the football team for a little while now. Jordan had introduced me to them when he had joined the team two years ago or so. Since then we've gotten kinda close I guess. Or at least it's no longer awkward like before. But the issue with this is that people think I must have slept my way into the group. Though I would never. The near thought disgusts me.

Jordan smirks, opening his door as he winks at the girls who look his way. Rolling my eyes I get out seeing the rest of the football team crowded at one of the player's cars. I put a finger to my lip as Jordan goes to call them. He grins with me as we quietly walk to one of them turned away from us. With calculated steps I jump onto his back as Jordan shouts 'boo!'

"Hey big bro!" I say still on Noah's back and give him a peck on the cheek. He stumbles forward before chuckling quietly.

"Hey Bella!"

"Hi Arabella."

"Sup bee."

"What's new bells?"

"Where's my morning hug?"

I get a few greetings that I wave to. Aiden pouts with arms crossed just as I shake my head getting off Noah. Aiden is one of a kind, I tell you. His personality sometimes scares me with how wide he smiles. All. The. Damn. Time. I give a hug, kissing his cheek lightly.

"What about us?" Someone whines and I can't help but laugh. Turning around I go to lay a small kiss on Max who smiles moving his cheek in my direction. Before my lips could make any contact I felt a tug on my shoulder as I fell back into Noah's glaring figure. Noah is more of a silent observer though he can be terrifying when he needs to be.

"Dude chill! I'd never think about kissing someone who reminds me of my sister..'' Max says, putting his hands up in surrender taking a step back.

"You better not be kidding or I'll shove your d-"

Ring Ring

"Ok that's enough Noah. The bell rang, let's go." I say dragging his arm with me. Aiden and Jordan follow. I probably look like a Cheshire cat with how wide my smile is. Girls look at Noah, Aiden and Jordan with lustful eyes. But the boys paid no mind to them. I drag them to the music room where no one ever is on Mondays still jumping on my feet.

"Ok why are you so happy?" Jordan asks, seeming suspicious.

"Can't be a boy. Between us, work and Lilith. No way." Aiden shrugs, cringing at the mention of Lilith. They have a very strong dislike towards her.

Okay, they wish she was in a body bag at the bottom of the ocean.

I had never planned for them to find out. Well Aiden and Noah at least. But surprise! They also take part in the underground and have been recruited into assassins. I remember the first day I saw them was when I was about to go for a fight against Aiden.

I won for the record. No matter how many times he'll deny it.

From then onwards they saw my scars since I don't cover up when I go to the underground. They were going to tell the cops and I just couldn't let that happen as I had no choice but to let the beans slip. As much as they wanted to tell the police or even kill her themselves, I wouldn't let them. God, I even used my life to keep hers. A small part of me wished she would change back. I guess it's too late for that.

"I mean the only thing that could make you this happy is if Lilith was dead." Noah rolls his eyes speaking sarcastically. He had no idea how to spit on him.

I just smirk in response.

Authors Note

So those are her friends. And damn. Noah be looking fineeeee

Arabella be a complete badass. I mean did you not just see her like kill 10 people in a few minutes.

Also a little point. So some people might be mad that their wasn't a torture scene for Lilith. And when I first wrote that part I had a long gruesome description but then I changed it last minute. Because a small part of her will always see Lilith as her aunt no matter what. As fucked up as that sounds Lilith did hurt her but she always did have a small guilt that she was doing this to her own niece. In the end she let her anger get the best of her.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

17K 1.7K 87
ALEX The name is enough to shiver down anyone. He is the defination of cruelty and known for his torture. The king of Mafia. He is cold, cruel, domin...
263K 5.7K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
38.5K 1.1K 15
Although she was surrounded by love she couldn't help but feel hollow and broken. She woke up every day, restless after a tiring and horrific night S...
959K 3.8K 8
**** Mature content**** "You wanna know why I'm angry?" He said in between the kisses. "Because of you" He said as he continued and my body tensed a...