Dynasty Fulfilled

By DestinyKeianna

Breanna, a struggling twenty-one year old from Louisiana, decides to drop everything and moves to Los Angeles... More

Dynasty Fulfilled
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

169 10 1
By DestinyKeianna

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
T i m e o f a L i f e t i m e

Three days later...

Today was the day of my first meeting with the talent agency, and I was nervous as hell getting prepared for this interview. I wore denim blue medium-high waist jeans with a dressy tan sweater and matching tan ankle strap heels. My hair was pulled into a high bun with neat, not over the top baby hairs and nice soft glam makeup look.

I made sure I had my headshots and resume ready to make sure that I had a lot of copies if needed. Also, I had some monologues that I did well in my acting classes with Ms. Deanne. I even had a list of reviews of my acting. Also, a list of names and numbers to show I've been networking.

"Wish me luck, yall," I said, checking the time; again.

Johnathan and Mr. Chandler both accompanied me to the meeting as I rode in Johnathan's Escalade. I was here eight minutes early for the interview. So I could make a good impression on the talent agent. I worked on my answers to questions, being sure to try to sound as comfortable as possible.

"You got this, Breanna," Johnathan assured, holding a smile on his face. "You've shown me all the hard work that you have, and you have what it takes to be a star."

"You've shown the determination in my office the first time I met you," Mr. Chandler co-signed, sounding just like a motivational speaker. "I believe in you, and you should believe that you have the talent to make it."

"I appreciate the kinds words," I laughed, feeling much better than before.

Johnathan's driver opened the door for me as I stepped out of the car, thanking him as I let out a deep breath heading to the front glass door.

I entered the talent agency company, and the building was three stories high with an expressionism architectural style. Opening the front door, I took in the sweeping curved rooflines and the wall surfaces. I admired the convex surfaces and arched spaces.

The front lobby was huge that featured intimate seating pockets and a large communal table for multiple people to sit. The agency's waiting room got decorated in the colors grey, silver, and tan. I moved further, going to the front lobby desk where the receptionists were.

One of them was busy with a person as I walked over to the other one. The receptionist named Suzanne Myers was typing on the computer but stopped once she noticed me.

"Hello, how may I help you?" She acknowledged, clasping her hands together on the desk with a smile on her face.

"I'm here for a meeting with Vincent Owen," I told her, putting my portfolio down.

"Can I have your name, ma'am?" She asked, getting ready to look at the computer.

"Breanna Davidson,"

"Breanna Davidson," She repeated, typing it into the computer. "I'll have you added into the system, and I'll let him know that you're here,"

"Thank you." I smiled, walking to the communal table as I took a seat. "Whew!"

I pulled my cellphone out of my purse and noticed the new text messages.

ToyaBean: I know you're probably going to your meeting right now, but I want to tell you good luck! You're a hardworking person and have so much great in you. Call me when it's over! You got this!

I instantly texted her back, telling her thanks and that I'd call her afterward. I checked the other messages, seeing one from Terrell; it made me smile.

TerryBear: No matter where we're at in our friendship. I'm rooting for you to make it! You got a bright future ahead of you, no doubt. I love you, Lil' bit!

I still had so much love for Terrell and our friendship. I believed that things changed once I got in a relationship with Malik, but I respected our relationship enough to know that I had to move out of his home.

I texted him back, letting him know that I appreciated it and would tell him everything about it later.

I took a look at the people entering the waiting area. I figured that I wasn't the only one having a meeting today with the talent agencies. Returning my attention to my phone, I noticed an incoming call from the boyfriend.

My face instantly lit up as I answered it.

"Hey, sunshine," He greeted, sounding cute as always. "What you doing, right now?"

"Hey, baby," I replied, curving my lips into a smile. "I'm waiting to be called on for that job interview that I was telling you about the other night."

I didn't want to lie to Malik. Regarding my 'errands' or keep him from knowing the goals that I had. Yet, I still didn't want to give too much away. So, I told him that I had a new job interview which was partly true.

"Oh yeah, you're the hardest working person I've ever met," He stated, going into his motivational speech mode. "I believe in you, and I know that you have the skills and talent to get through it. You got this baby, and you will be successful no matter what happens. Good luck! I love you!"

His speech was so encouraging, and I felt all the feels from it.

"Awe, thanks, baby," I uttered, fanning my face. "You're so sweet! I love you too. I'll talk to you after I'm through, okay?"

"Aight,"

Ending the phone call and turned my phone on silent, I looked up seeing Johnathan and Mr. Chandler entering the lobby's waiting area.

"Did they call anyone in the back yet?" Johnathan questioned, unbuttoning his suit as he took a seat.

"No, not yet. I am a few minutes early."

Mr. Chandler took his seat and looked around.

"Breanna Davidson?"

I looked up, seeing a blonde-haired white lady standing by the desk. Standing up from my seat, I walked over to the desk.

"Hi, I'm Vincent's assistant, Anne," She introduced herself. "He wanted me to come to get you,"

"Okay."

I followed behind Anne, holding my portfolio in my hands. It was thick because I printed so many copies of my headshots, body shots, and resume.

I now knew that Mr. Owen's office was on the next floor because Anne directed me to the elevator, and we entered it. Anne pressed the button, and we waited until the elevator doors opened to the next floor.

Once we stepped out, she took me to the office. She didn't have to knock since the door opened, but she still chose to do it anyway.

"Hi, Vincent, Breanna Davidson's here for the meeting." Anne conferred, shutting the door behind us.

Vincent stood up, adjusting his tie as I browsed him over. He had deep blue round eyes and looked very tall. He had bushy brows and olive wrinkled skin.

"It's nice to meet you, Breanna." He said, extending his hands out as I walked over to his desk. "Let's get started, shall we? I'm Vincent Owen, one of the talent agents of TAB Agency, Inc, short for TOP ACTORS BEST AGENCY in Los Angeles, California. Here, we work with various amounts of talent. We specialize in projects, such as film, television, commercial, print, and voiceover, of all ages. Now, tell me a little about yourself,"

I sat my portfolio down, watching him open it and flip through it. He took a few copies of each photo that I took and my resumes.

I looked up all three agencies on google just to see what type of people I would be working with, and this company seemed like it was the real deal. I let out a deep breath, getting ready to start my introduction.

"I'm Breanna Amor Davidson, and I'm originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I moved here a couple of months ago to get a chance at achieving my dream as an aspiring actor. I've been getting trained, and since I've moved here, I've met a lot of people that have helped me,"

I was nervous as hell, but I knew that this was a chance to get myself a talent agent.

"Deanne Livingston, Levell Daniels, Jaquan Chandler, and my mentor, Johnathan Strong. Since I've moved here, I've been working as a production assistant to Tv and Film producer Brandon McKnight of Freedream Film Productions, and I've met several actors and actresses—learning about the filming behind the scenes and what it takes to make movies and tv shows. I've booked a commercial this week, and I've got booked for several photo shoots for clothing lines and makeup shoots."

Vincent gave me his undivided attention while making sure to write down things that I've said as I wondered what he was thinking.

"Okay, my question is," Vincent tapped the pen to his chin as he stared at me. "What do you think separates your work as an aspiring actor from the others?"

He was not playing with these hard-hitting questions. I wanted to keep my answers clear and concise as I thought about the best way to answer this question.

"Well, I think what would separate my work as an aspiring actor compared to others is..." I repeated, hoping that I had the correct answer. "Would be my training experience. I've taken theater in all my years of high school."

I slowed down with my explanation because I wanted the agent to understand what I was telling him.

"I starred in many lead roles for the plays that we've had. I took theater in my college years. I'm continuing to perfect my craft with training from Ms. Deanne Livingston and Levell Daniels. I would like to add that I'm very versatile; I can dance, act, and carry a tune. Also, I know the business. Also, I'd say my deep dream and passion is to continue training to get better, learn and grow as an actor,"

"If you weren't acting, what would you do?" He questioned, raising a brow.

"If I weren't acting..." I trailed off, thinking hard on this question. "I think I'll own a natural hair care line. I love showcasing my natural hair and building a brand for people like me that helps others."

"What have you seen lately; that inspires you?" He questioned.

"I might have two films that I've seen..." I laughed, referring to the movies that I've seen so far. "The Pursuit of Happyness would be the first and the fact that it's based; on a person's real-life always gets me emotional. I rewatched it recently, and it inspired me because hard work will eventually pay off. That you should continue to keep working toward your dream and have perseverance; you will experience a setback, but you will eventually get over the bad days with motivation and endurance."

"Wow, I haven't seen that movie in a long time," He admitted, shaking his head. "What would be your second?"

"Beyoncé's Homecoming," I answered, seeing the agent's brows peak with interest. "It inspires me because she's achieved her dream of becoming a global superstar and how many people she's impacted. She's worked hard at what she accomplished, and she doesn't stop no matter what."

"Interesting," He replied, writing all the things that I told him. "Now, what are the shows would you be most interested in joining?"

"I think that I'd like it if I starred in a show like Insecure," I stated, trying to think about more black entertaining shows. "Queen Sugar is a good one, Power, All American,"

He nodded, adding it to his information.

"Now that you've mentioned that." He started, sitting his pen down. "What type of roles do you see yourself getting cast in?"

"The type of roles that I'd see myself in would be.. the queen bee/CEO type," I answered. "The girl next door, geek, sidekick, villain..."

I wished that I didn't say sidekick, but I also didn't have a problem; if I were only now starting my career.

"Good, what do you expect from us as your agent or manager?"

"What I expect in looking for an agent..." I affirmed. "Is someone who has my best interest at heart; a person who knows what I need to do to get my career in order. I want an agent I can talk to and build a relationship with, so we work well together. I want someone that I know that I can grow with and believe in me and my career. While I do my part as the client, I'd like for my agent to add to it."

"This leads me to my next question," He said, clearing his throat. "What are your short-term goals?"

"My short-term goals are to keep up with my acting classes, strengthen my resume, work on my networking and contacting lists, get new headshots, have a talent agent," I confirmed. "Build a good social media presence, a good portfolio, and audition skills."

"Thank you," He stated. "Next question. What made you decide to be an actor?"

"Well, it first started with my love for movies," I imparted, thinking hard on the question. "Watching lots of movies led me to want to join theater. In school, I did several different plays, and I enjoyed them so much. Performing on stage was so fun, and I loved seeing the crowd's reaction. I love the ability to portray others and dig deep into your emotions while developing the character,"

I could honestly go on and on about why I wanted to be an actor in the first place.

"Next question, what would you say...is something that you think is holding you back in your career as an aspiring actor?"

Wow.

"Well, to be completely honest, I don't think I have anything holding me back in my career," I lied, knowing that money was a big issue. But it was also the truth because I was working towards it. "I'd say that with my hardworking attitude, hustle, determination, passion—I'm doing what it takes with the time that makes me enjoy the process."

He didn't expect my answer, as I could tell from his facial expression. I think he expected me to disclose to him that something; is holding me back.

"Now, do you have any questions for me?" He queried, writing down what I told him.

"I do, actually," I giggled, placing my hands over my knees. "What would you say that I can do for you as an actor that'll make your job much easier? I know networking is important and also doing my part,"

"As an agent, we expect our clients to know that this is like a partnership or is a partnership," He explained, adjusting in his chair. "We don't expect for our clients to be lazy and depend on us for booking them for talent continuously. Show us that why we're working with you. Show us that you're hardworking, by working as you said, by networking and preparation."

His answer reminded me of the talks that I've previously had with Johnathan, so I understood him one hundred percent.

"I understand that,"

"Here's a question that I'm sure you've heard on previous job interviews but is very important," He started. "Where do you see yourself in five years?"

"In five years, I see myself being in a lead role or recurring guest star role in a tv series," I admitted, hoping that I didn't sound cocky. "Having a supporting role in a movie. Would you say that I'm realistic with my goals?"

"Many actors have said this and has completed their goals, so I'd say that it can be realistic,"

I smiled since he knew that my answer wasn't cocky.

"Now we're getting to the final few questions," He remarked. "We've discussed the films that inspired you, but what would you say are your favorite movies and why?"

I've had this conversation with so many people, and I had so many favorites.

"I have many lists of favorite movies for different reasons," I affirmed. "One of my favorites is Dreamgirls, as it focuses on a girl group trying to achieve their dream of singing. I know that it started from a Broadway stage play. However, I enjoyed the movie a little more. It has black, strong entertainers and what I love about it is the director based it on the history of realistic groups and a music record label, Motown. I love the disco, glamour, and Broadway aesthetics. The costumes are so beautiful, and it's so entertaining."

He nodded, holding an unreadable expression on his face.

"I have two more questions for you. The first one is, what would you say is your strongest attribute?"

"Only one?" I asked.

He nodded his head again, making me think hard about my answer.

"My strongest attribute would be my ambition," I confirmed. "Definitely ambition."

"My last question for you Ms, Davidson," He grinned. "Describe your biggest accomplishment to this date?"

I swallowed harshly at this final question because I felt like I didn't accomplish anything at all. I still felt stuck at the beginning! I needed someone to believe in me, to get where I needed to be. I found this was one of the hard questions I've done for this talent agency interview. I don't know how I was going to be able to work this out in my favor.

I did join the theater competitions, but I chose not to participate, leading me not to accomplish anything. I wasn't booking any roles for movies or tv shows, well, not yet, at least.

"My biggest accomplishment would be going to college for business, receiving my degree," I told him, rubbing my hands together. "At my high school, we were allowed to take college courses amongst our high school courses, so I received my degree early with my diploma. I received an associate's degree in communication. And went back to get my degree in performing arts."

Those were accomplishments going to college, so I hoped that this helped my case.

"Thank you, Breanna." He uttered, stacking his paperwork. "Do you have any more questions for me?"

"I do. How many actors of my type do you represent?"

"I've worked with clients of all ethnicities," He noted. "Sexual orientations. I make sure my client is comfortable with getting jobs and who they work with respects them as my rightful clients."

He browsed through my pictures, examining them as he looked at me.

"It shows in these shoots that you have tattoos?"

"I do. I got the tattoos while I was in high school," I said. "It was a birthday present,"

"We'll see how you fit our requirements..."

"Thank you, and my last question for you is...how do you like your actors to check-in? Phone, email? Months? Weeks?"

"We'll contact you to let you know when we make our decision," He confirmed, standing up from his chair as he extended his hands out. "It was lovely to meet you, Breanna. I'll be sure to contact you if your resume meets our requirements."

"Thank you, it was nice meeting you too," I smiled, shaking his hands.

I left the headshots, photos, and resume that also had the link to my brand new website that I created for all my demo reels and extra pictures.

I walked out of my office, holding my portfolio as I checked the time. I still needed to head to the studio to get back to work. I couldn't believe that Mr. McKnight allowed me to take an hour break as he also told me that I was doing a good job. Taking the elevator down, I waited for the doors to open and I stepped out to meet Johnathan and Mr. McKnight in the waiting area.

"How'd it go?" Johnathan questioned, standing up as he slid his cellphone into his pocket.

"I think it went well. I'm going to receive a call from the agency," I shrugged, feeling unsure about how the interview went. "I do have to be back to work. Can yall drop me back to my apartment so that I can drive back to the building?"

Johnathan nodded, calling his driver as we walked out of the agency.

I wondered how long it would take to get an answer from them. I sighed, seeing Johnathan's driver in the front.

"Don't stress yourself out, Breanna," Mr. Chandler advised, seeing the look on my face. "You'll know soon, and you still have two more meetings to go attend. Remember that you can't give up now!"

He was right about that as I took a deep breath and thought happy thoughts about the meeting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65 0 15
"Underneath the stars,' delves into the lives of two high school students. Delilah, a shy and introverted girl who prefers the company of books to pe...
RoyalT By JustenJerod

General Fiction

169 1 20
Since a child Tayonna has always wanted to be a star. She suprisingly gets her chance at stardom when she wins a social media competition. Her and he...
6.2M 184K 76
Being thrown away in the garbage in a dark alleyway in London when she was only a baby, she should have died that day... But she didn't.. instead, a...