A chill story

By TheSnowspeedster

A fallen heroine who meets a criminal claiming to have the same cold powers as her and they end up falling in... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 6

91 4 2
By TheSnowspeedster

A prison guard opens the door to their cell while Frost and Mark were nearly kissing.

"Are you all right Miss Frost?" he says interrupting them, as the two lovers pull their faces back, "I can take you to the infirmary if you like."

"Um, no it's okay, I'm fine." Replied the young woman, quite embarrassed by the situation to the point of blushing slightly while her roommate remained unmoved, hiding his game well.

"Don't hesitate to ask. I also came to tell you that both of your lawyers have arrived and wish to speak with you."

"Our lawyers?" questions Frost.

"Ms. Horton for Miss Frost and Mister Vincent for Mr. Blaine, isn't that, right?" explains the guard.

"Yes, that's exactly right. Why are they here at the same time?" Asks the meta-human, surprised at the coincidence while Mark remains silent.

"They arrived during lunchtime, but the visiting rooms aren't open until 2 pm, that's the rule."

Frost nods slightly, then removes the handkerchief since her nose has stopped bleeding and follows Mark as well as the guard to the visiting room where she finds Cecile while the handsome man sits a few chairs away to chat privately with his own lawyer.

"Cecile, I'm glad to see you. Do you have any news about the trial appeal?" the white-haired lady asks to get right to the point.

"Hi Frost," she replies with a smile "very good news."

"I get a reprieve?!" exclaims the young woman

"It's not really that..." starts to say Cecile before Frost is disconcerted by Mark who gets up from his chair and is escorted back to their cell, "Is everything okay Frost? Isn't he the guy who ratted you out?"

"Yes, yes." She replies still puzzled by the fact that he left so quickly.

"How come he's here?" asks her lawyer

"It's--it's a long story. Tell me the good news."

"The court accepted the appeal, we even have a new judge who seems to be on your side based on the last few trials she tried."

"That's great! When is the retrial then?" enthused Frost

"In about 3 weeks, it sounds short and it is but we'll have time to prepare for it by going all out. But you know what, I have even better news."

"Which one? What's better than that? You did a great job Cecile." the young prisoner asks

"Caitlin has posted your bail, you are on parole until the new trial. " Announces the lawyer in a delighted tone.

"That's... Thank you so much Cecile," she replies, having wanted to hug her at the time but the glass of the visiting room prevented it. "When do I get out of here?"

"You're doing the right thing by asking the question. I did all the paperwork during the lunch break; you can get out right away. The guards normally took your clothes back to your cell, you can go change, and don't worry I took the rest of your belongings, I'll be waiting in the car."

Frost simply responds with a big smile on her face, as if relieved to get out of here, to finally get out of here even though it's only been 2 days since she's been in there, it was 2 days of hell according to her. Well...maybe not so much. She gets up and is escorted out by a guard, thinking on the way what to say to Mark, how to tell him the news. She thinks about it and rehearses her speech in her head while walking through the long corridors of the prison. They arrive in front of the cell; the guard opens the door to her and leaves to do his work. The young woman enters and looks for the muscular man, without seeing him. She calls him but no answer and sees that he isn't there. She thinks about it and ends up thinking that he has gone for a walk in the yard or to talk with one of his "friends". Good for her, Frost doesn't like goodbyes, she already had to say goodbye to Cisco the day before without even seeing him, that was enough. She sees the clothes she was wearing when she arrived at Iron Heights on the table that served as a desk and comes to put them on, leaving the orange prisoner's outfit on the bed. As she does so, she sees Mark's finished drawing lying on her pillow. The drawing he did the day before and promised Frost to show it to her when it was finished. Now it's a done deal. She takes it to look at it better and smiles at this glorifying and at the same time frightening self-portrait.

Credits : Drawing Skill Team on Drawing Skill app
http://www.drawingskill.com/art/28501

She takes Mark's work as a souvenir and leaves the cell, having hoped that he would return before she left even though their goodbyes would have been awkward. However, now, Frost prefers to move on, leave the prison as well as a criminal behind and go back to making a life with Caitlin along with the Team Flash. She leaves the prison happy to feel the fresh air against her face, the noise of the cars, the life in Central City. The young woman remains several tens of seconds to look around her, the sun illuminating the day. She finally sees Cecile's car parked a little further and goes quietly. As she walks, the lawyer sitting behind the wheel lowers her window.

"Get in the back seat Frost." She says calmly.

The ice meta-human finds it a bit suspicious at the time but doesn't pay any more attention than that, just looking forward to getting home and seeing her friends again. She reaches the car and opens the left rear door to get in.

"Surprise!" Caitlin shouts as she sits on Cecile's right in the passenger seat

"Cait'! You came." answers Frost, moved by coming to make a kind of hug to her sister, something not easy inside a car.

"Of course, I came! I wouldn't have missed you getting out of jail for the world. I missed you so much sister." The doctor said as Cecile starts the car and drives towards Star Labs. The further they get from Iron Heights, the more Frost gets her powers back.

"To me too Cait', I can't wait to watch This is us with you, to go back to fighting crime."

"We'll do whatever you want. Are you okay? I feel like you have a bruise on your cheekbone," the chestnut-haired woman says as she comes over and puts her hand on Frost's cheek for a closer look.

"Yes, I'm fine, this is-- This is a fight that went bad but everything is fine I promise, I'm not in pain and now that my powers are coming back it will heal and disappear in no time." She said smiling, happier than ever.

"We'll make sure you never have to go back," Cecile added, interjecting herself into the Snow sisters' conversation. "We're aiming for only a suspended sentence, as long as you behave yourself, you'll be free."

"Is that really possible you think?" asks Frost, not sure if she should expect such a light sentence or not.

"As I told you, the new judge, Ms. Wright is a very accommodating judge, a meta-human herself who had a hard time as a teenager. She's all about sympathy and giving you a second chance.

"That's great." The sisters say at the same time and then smile at each other. That's how Caitlin notices the drawing Frost is holding in her hands. "What is written on your paper?"

"Written? It's a drawing, there's nothing written on it," Frost finds a way to add a lie, not wanting her sister to imagine anything about the roomate she had in prison, even though he's the one who drew a self-portrait for his fellow inmate "A drawing I did."

"On the back, it's written something." Caitlin declares

At the moment Frost turns the paper over, quite confused and not understanding what Caitlin means, and then reads aloud what is written.

"63 downing street"

"Why did you write that?"

The young woman is speechless for a moment, trying to figure out why there is this address on the back of the artwork Mark did for her. 'The drawing that Mark made for me', she thought. And suddenly she finally realizes that it's a message left for her by the handsome Mark.

"Frost? Are you okay?" questions Caitlin as Frost stays silent.

"Yes, it's...a reminder. Do you mind taking me there Cecile? I won't be long."

"No worries, we'll do as you wish." She replies while changing direction.

"Thanks." A few minutes later they arrived. The 63 downing street is the address of the bar where Mark and the young woman met a few weeks before.

"Do you want us to come with you?" offers Cecile looking at Frost.

"Um...No, it's something I have to do alone," She says as she comes to look at the front door of the bar from the back of the car before handing the drawing to her sister. "Will you hold this for me? Please don't ruin it." Caitlin then takes it thoughtfully and nods her head in agreement.

"We're heading back to Star Labs, just call one of us when you want us to come to get you."

"No worries. How do I look?" she asks while neatly combing back her beautiful light hair.

"Mark will think you're perfect." Compliments the doctor with a nod to her sister. Frost seems surprised but is ultimately pleased that Caitlin knows her so well, she responds with a smile, and then gets out of the car while Cecile and Caitlin head back to Star Labs.

The lady enters the bar, which is completely silent and seems empty. She walks into the room and in the center is a table for two, set to perfection. There is a bouquet of white lilies in a vase, a very light blue tablecloth, and silver dishes. It was neither too romantic nor too cheap. The bar wasn't really empty; indeed, a man emerges from the shadows behind the bar counter holding two lagoon blue cocktails in his hands.

"I was waiting for you Snowflake."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 517 35
Caitlin Snow is a meta human named Killer Frost, but she tries to hide from the world. But what happens when she slips up and hurts somebody. What wi...
13.3K 214 8
Barry and Caitlin were always meant to be together. Everyone knew it, except them. Now Barry races against time to save Caitlin from Savitar. The que...
77.2K 2K 67
Team Flash is working on something they haven't seen before. Werid things been happening and Barry is determined to find out what. But has he come to...
16.1K 333 10
For some, the best things in life come unexpectedly. The crisis is over, the red skies have vanished, and it's a new world. A new Earth full of chanc...