Lianne's Revenge

By Detentionqueen

Cover by @Reeruworld00. Thank you so much for making it for me. Formally Playing The Billionaire. ******** "W... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter One

1.9K 58 159
By Detentionqueen

Lianne

“Babe! I'm here!” I announced, strolling into my fiance's house.

I decided to give him a surprise visit because we haven't had time for each other recently. His living room was empty and had clothes strewn all over which wasn't really unlike him. What confused me was a purple sweater I picked up, it surely wasn't his.

I thought nothing of it, knowing he had a younger sister who like coming over and was just as messy as he was but my heart dropped to my stomach when I picked up a pair of lace panties.

I could practically hear my heart breaking as I padded up the stairs and heard the unmistakable sound of moaning. I approached cautiously, trying not to made any noise while I leaned against the wall next to his party open bedroom door.

“Oh, Nolan.” A familiar female voice groaned.

Praying my suspicions weren't true, I peeked into the room only to see my sister underneath the man I was supposed to marry. She moaned loudly as Nolan thrust between her spread legs, clearly enjoying herself.

I was able to ignore the burning in my chest and throat long enough to get my phone out and take a picture.

The press would love this. I thought vengefully.

Letting the hate I felt for the man I loved consume me, I cleared my throat to get their attention. Nolan jumped at the sound and so the my satanic sister.

Seeing it was me, the man sprung off the bed, facing me with a surprised look. “Babe, it's not what is looks like.”

I rolled my eyes, how typical. “Yeah, sure.”

“No really, she…”

I put a hand up to stop him. “Save it. We're done. I never want to see you again and if you're smart, you'll leave me alone.”

“Come on, Annie, don't be like that.”

I ignored him and turned to my sister who was still on the bed smirking like she's won a prize. “Why are you so happy, sis? I have a lot on you and a great story for the press. How do you like the headline ‘Natalia Mathis caught sleeping with sister's fiance’? Has a nice ring to it right?”

Her smirk didn't waver. “Have fun proving it.”

It was my turn to smirk. “It won't be such a hassle, a picture is worth a thousand words.”

With that, I sauntered away, giving them the impression that I wasn't heart broken. I disregarded their calls as I hopped into my car and started it.

My eyes met a vicious glare from the girl I shared parents with as the car rolled into the street. Inside I was crying but all they could see was a happy smirk. I didn't want them to know how much it hurt me, they didn't deserve it.

I drove to my best friend, Rhetta's, house, hoping she was home. She was. The moment she saw the tears welled in my eyes, she opened her arms wide and didn't complain when I practically jumped on her.

She moved us to a couch where I let out he first pain filled sob take through me. The next hour was filled with tears and reassuring words.

When I was calm enough she asked. “What happened?”

“He cheated.”

“What? With who?”

I chuckled bitterly. “Natalia.”

“Why am I not surprised? You caught them?”

I nodded. “I even got a photo.”

Rhetta laughed, shaking her head. “What do you plan on doing with it?”

I shrugged, not really knowing the answer. “I guess, blackmail. If this gets out, it'll ruin them both. I want to use this against them as long as I can.”

“So for the rest of their lives?”

“Yeah.”

The next thing I know, I'm being enveloped in another hug. “I'm really sorry about this Lia.”

I didn't know how to reply to that. It wasn't her fault, why is she sorry? The only people that will be sorry are my ex and his mistress.

After a few hours of hanging out with my best friend, I left her house, remembering my parents were arranging a family dinner for us. I had to prepare myself to see her and not rip her face off.

By that time, the fact he cheated had stopped hurting. As bad as it sounds, I'm use to guys cheating on me or leaving me for no good reason so my heartbreak became what I can only describe as shortlived. But as always, I was angry and wanted revenge.

I arrived at my parent's house a bit earlier than they expected but it didn't stop them from welcoming me with love. Ophelia and Curtis Mathis adopted me when I was just a few months old and have taken care of me since.

I was taken away from my birth mother because she was a junkie and later died of overdose. The same happened to my biological father.

I didn't mourn any of them after I found out, instead I loved my parents even more for taking me in. All my life, they've loved me to the point I'd say I'm a bit spoiled. Three years after I was adopted, the couple who had problems conceiving, had a baby girl, Natalia, the sister I hate and the feeling is mutual.

One would think that Natalia would be the favorite child seeing that she was the younger one and was had after a long wait but that wasn't the case. All our lives, I was the golden child. I had great grades, good friends and an amazing reputation with my peers and others.

The only area I was unlucky was with men. I always attracted the worst of them, from players, to people with commitment issues, to the opportunists and most common, the cheaters. I started to have a hatred for men, only the example my father gave discouraged it but with Nolan's betrayal, I've come to the conclusion that all men are dogs and I don't need them.

I'm already a very successful and well known model earning thousands of dollars for a shoot, I have a home to myself, parents who love me and true friends. What do I need a man for?

Nothing.

I can stay single the rest of my life and maybe when I'm ready, I could adopt a child of my own, no man needed.

“Hi, mom.” I greeted, kissing mother's cheek when we hugged.

“Hello, darling, how are you? It's been a while since we spoke.”

I couldn't help but laugh at her statement. “I called you last night.”

“Yes, last night, you were too busy to call me this morning, that's fine.” I laughed heartily at her faux annoyance.

My mother is a very dramatic woman and talks a LOT. Coupled with her eccentric hand gestures, she is quite amusing when she rants.

“Is she still talking?” My dad entered the room and groaned playfully.

“Does she ever stop?” Dad laughed while Mom rolled her eyes at us.

“You two are acting as if you won't be worried the day I stop talking.” She retorted, throwing her hands in the air.

When I hugged my dad, I was grinning ear to ear, the events of this morning far from my mind. That was until my mom asked where Nolan was.

I felt my smile waiver but still managed to keep a little of it. “Actually, mom we broke up.”

She gave me a sympathetic look while behind us Dad cheered. “Yes!” Mom and I stared at him questioningly and he waved us off. “Don't act like you liked him, Ophelia.”

I turned my gaze to her. They never gave me any reason to suspect they didn't like Nolan so hearing that they has I'll feelings about him was new to me.

“Fine. We didn't like him.” Mom admitted. “But when you brought him to meet us, you were so excited and happy with him and we didn't want to disappoint you so we tolerated him for your sake.”

That was another reason I loved my parents. They often put aside their feelings about something they knew I liked and supported me through all my decisions. I just wish they said something about Nolan, I could've been more careful with him.

“Thanks for that but you don't have to tolerate him anymore, we're done.”

“Why did you two break up anyway? You were so in love with him and it looked like he felt the same.”

“We've been having problems and decided to part ways.” I lied.

If I had told the truth, they would've convinced me, like they always do, to forgive Natalia. I did want to forgive her but that would be after I have my revenge.

Dad hummed, sending me the ‘I don't believe you’ look to which I responded with an assuring smile. He gestured for me to follow him and I did to his home office.

“Why did you really break up with Nolan?” He questioned.

I sighed, knowing I wouldn't be able to lie to him much longer. “He cheated.”

I saw my dad's eyes cloud with anger as he scowled. “So he threw away a year old relationship for what? Sex?”

Hearing Dad say that made the feeling of hurt come back. It reminded me how many times Nolan got angry when I said ‘no’ to sex. I was someone who believed a woman's virginity should be a gift to only her husband and he called me stupid for it. I always forgave him no knowing how far his need for sex would push him.

It made me question myself. Was he right? Was I really stupid to keep my virginity for myself?

No. If he really loved me, he'd understand. He wasn't patient enough, just proves he doesn't deserve me.

I pulled out of my reverie when Dad drew me into a hug. “Dad? What are you doing?”

He pushed back, examining my face. “I thought you were upset.”

“I'll be okay. I'll be downstairs, I want to talk to Mom a little more before dinner starts.” I started toward the door, stopping when he called my name.

He looked uneasy all of a sudden and shook his head. “Oh, shoot, I forgot what I called you for, sorry, you can go.”

I walked out unsurely. Mom was already talking to someone when I got down. My eyes narrowed at the person in a teal dress sitting opposite my mother. Her green eyes met my brown ones and her red lips pulled into a wide mocking smile.

“Hey, Annie, didn't think you were here yet.” Natalia mocked me with the name my most recent ex called me.

I glared hotly at her but remembered the picture I took and smiled wickedly. “Hi, Nat. How are you?”

“I'm great, but I was hoping to spend some time with my parents tonight, without outsiders.” She goaded.

I chuckled darkly at her comment. She'd always rub it in my face that I was adopted, at first, it bothered me but seeing our parents loved me more, it was really an insult to her.

Instead of wasting my breath, I let Mom reprimand her. “Be quiet, Natalia. You do not say that to your sister. How many times do I have to tell you ‘Don't call your sister an outsider’? Don't mind what she says, Lianne, you are no outsider.”

“Don't worry about it, Mom, I know you guys love me.” I told her and turned to the she-devil. “I need to talk to you, in private.”

Before she could say anything, I pulled her up the stairs roughly to a guest room. She forced her arm out of mine and hissed.

“Don't touch me!”

I sent her an even darker look. “You are a slut, you know that, right?” She scoffed, about to interrupt when I continued. “And I have visual proof of it. I could ruin you and your pitiful career with just a hit of a button. If you don't want a picture of you having sex with Nolan out there for the world to see, you are going do as I say or you'll be on the front page of every paper by morning.”

“You don't have any pictures!” She dared to say.

With a few clicks on my phone, the picture I took was on the screen for her to see. Her eyes widened at it and she was quick to try to slap the phone out of my hand. I dodged the hit though and tucked my phone into the pocket of my jumpsuit.

“Nice try.” A knock sounded and Dad's voice came, saying he wanted to speak to me.

I left her in the room, scared and joined Dad once again in his office, only this time Mom was there too. They both looked nervous to talk to me which was new.

“Lianne, just know what we're about to tell you, you have the right to say 'no' and we'll accept your answer.” The way Mom spoke made me anxious.

She was so serious which was unlike her. Dad was the same except he didn't beat about the bush. “We need you to do something for us. I made a terrible investment and our company is losing money, we might be facing bankruptcy soon.”

That can't happen. Mom and dad have worked so hard to build this company, it can't go down because of one bad deal.

“What can I do to help?” The stared down guilty at my question.

“You must know about Graham Innovations and the new CEO.” I nodded. “They are looking to partner with a shipping company permanently and we are one of the candidates. The money from that partnership could save the company.”

My eyebrows drew together. “What do I have to do with this?”

Dad cleared his throat. “We need to you get close to the CEO, close enough to make sure he chooses us. Do whatever you can, be his friend, girlfriend, anything, but you just need to make sure he decides to partner with us.”

Wrapping my head around what he said was a difficult task. He wanted me to manipulate the CEO into partnering with us but isn't that wrong? If I succeed, it'd be cheating in a sense. I'm not even that kind of person, if they wanted someone to sleep with the man they should've asked Natalia.

“Lianne, sweetheart,” Mom interrupted my thoughts. “we know this is a lot to ask but we really need your help. We aren't saying you should have sex with him, you could just be his friend.”

“Think of it this way,” Dad added. “all your life, men have been using you for their own personal gain, it's time to turn the tables. The man his young and has been referred to as a player by many, many women, it's time for him to feel what he made all those women feel, don't you think?”

Of course. I thought bitterly. Another arrogant man using women. Why are men so vile? Dad's right, he should feel the heartbreak he's caused just like all other men should.

I remembered all the men who confessed to using me for the connections they gained. It was infuriating, surely doing the same thing many have done to me to one man would be justice.

Of course it will.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, thanks for taking your time to read my book. Hope you enjoyed it. This is just the first chapter of many to come. Hope you continue with me.

Questions:

1. What do you think of Lianne?

2. What do you think of her parents?

3. What do you think of her sister?

4. Do you think she'll agree?

5. Was this chapter any good?

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️❤️❤️

-E

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 40.2K 65
"What if your not so one nightstand turns out to be your new boss ?" ❤ STARTED : 9th DECEMBER 2020 FINISHED: 14th FEBRUARY...
259K 6.9K 30
"It's been so long," I whispered. His jaw tightened. "Not long enough," he snapped back. My heart shattered as he stood up and left. And I realized...
43.5K 1.1K 21
"This isn't love darlin..this is business. You signed the contract."- Bucky said Meet Francesca Sophia Ann Jasper a 18 year old freshmen at NYU from...
139K 6.3K 35
Lyra grew up with a family of con-artists. It was all she'd ever known. And once she was old enough, her brother hatched up a perfect plan to give he...