CHEERLEADER, woosan

By sansvenus

"i hope that he looks at me and thinks 'shit, he's so pretty.'" in which choi san tries out for his high scho... More

intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
epilogue
new woosan!
special <3

twelve

3.5K 185 302
By sansvenus

"you're lying to me."

"oh god, you as well?" san groans dramatically, entering the school building with yunho by his side, as he keeps an eye out for wooyoung. "chanhee hyung took forever to believe me, too! you guys are so annoying."

still convinced that san scoring jung wooyoung as a boyfriend is utter bullshit, yunho rolls his eyes. "we aren't annoying, we just keep in touch with reality... unlike someone."

"wow... i never thought you'd betray your favourite whore like this. go fuck yourself, jeong yunho," san says, and everyone besides his best friend would guess that he's being serious.

"only if mingi is watching~" yunho sings, a sense of longing in the tone of his voice.

and he thinks i'm the one who's going insane.

"anyway," san starts, diverting the subject of their conversation being his number one priority. "you're still fake for thinking that i'm lying about wooyoung, you know?"

"i'd rather be fake than delusional." yunho shrugs.

"jokes on you, then, when you have to third wheel me and my boyfriend at lunch today," san states smugly.

the two boys have now reached the younger's locker, who swings open the small door of it, before searching for his science books. yunho is still glued to his side, rambling about an argument he got into with his older sister this morning, when a pair of arms snake around san's petite waist.

it takes the blond a second to recognise the shape of the body that's behind him, but as soon as he does, a content but slightly shy smile overlaps his lips. "hi, youngie!"

"hey, darling~" wooyoung responds, resting his chin onto san's shoulder, as yunho watches them with his jaw dropped — it turns out his best friend was telling the truth, after all. although the blue-haired feels a tiny bit bad deep inside, he grins at the cute interaction he's witnessing, so immensely happy for san.

and maybe yunho's a little too happy, because he can't seem to stop himself from leaping forward and throwing his arms around the boy.

"yunho?" san chuckles, startled.

"i'm so happy for you, sannie," yunho mumbles. "so happy that i could fucking kiss you or something."

now, san is laughing loudly in disbelief, whereas wooyoung presses his lips into a firm line, not understanding that yunho's words were merely a joke and nothing more.

"thank you, yun. i appreciate that you finally believe me. your offer, however... i pass." san can't contain his laughter, especially after yunho joins in after letting go of him.

wooyoung hums in approval at san's reply, lightly squeezing his boyfriend's sides. at the sudden ticklish feeling, san glances sideways, a layer of faint blush spreading across his face when he notices that wooyoung's eyes are already on him, watching him attentively.

"i can't take this!" yunho whines, clutching the spot directly above his heart as if he's gotten stabbed or something of the sort. "you guys are adorable, it's not fair! where's my person?!"

"mingi's only over there," san teases the other, gesturing towards where the brunette is stood, talking — maybe flirting would be more accurate — with renjun.

yunho's gaze follows san's hand, a dull expression settling onto his features at the sight. "what the fuck. why's renjun getting all touchy with him?" he mutters, in absolute remorse for the boy that he considers his competition. "i'll be back, guys." and with his head held high, yunho strides confidently over to the two boys, ready to meddle in whatever they have going on.

"wait- are mingi and yunho not together?" wooyoung confusedly asks san, who's shutting the door to his locker.

"no, they aren't... i understand why you think that, though. they pretty much act like they're in love with each other half the time."

wooyoung gently spins san around so that he's facing him, the older instinctively wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's neck and intertwining his hands. no longer facing a wall of lockers, san has access to scan his surroundings, now aware of all the judgemental eyes on him and wooyoung.

a strong wave of insecurity crashes down on him, causing him to look down at his shoes, feeling uneasy. "y-youngie..."

"what is it, darling?" wooyoung questions, concern plastered on his face, for he doesn't know what's gotten the blond so uncomfortable like this all of a sudden.

"everyone's s-staring..." san answers in barely a whisper.

wooyoung turns around, eyes darting around the rest of the corridor that they're in, and san is indeed right; everyone is staring, gawking at them as if they are a painting in a museum or something. however, wooyoung's cold glare is simply enough for them to learn to mind their own fucking business.

"it's okay now, san-ah..." wooyoung turns back to the latter, bringing a hand up to caress the side of his face. "they aren't paying attention to us anymore."

san nods his head, as he caves into the sweet touch. "thank you..."

"it's no problem. by the way, did you take your anxiety meds today?"

finally looking up, san locks eyes with wooyoung. "how do you know that i..." he trails off, trying to recall if he ever mentioned anything about his anxiety to the younger last night. the couple facetimed till way past midnight — after san stated that it'd make everything much more believable on his end — chatting about everything and anything.

it was then where san learnt that wooyoung was the one behind yeosang's antics, mingi the one miserably tripping over yeosang's chair, and a whole lot more about the younger that he wanted to know about. the same went vice versa, san willing to answer all of the questions wooyoung asked, besides making sure not to spill anything about his declining mental health. it wasn't that san didn't want his boyfriend to know, he simply just didn't want to burden him with his anxiety so soon.

"well... um, you know, word gets around..." wooyoung says, nervously dropping his hand from the elder's cheek.

"oh... i did take them, though, so don't worry!" san smiles reassuringly, despite the sigh that leaves his lips at the lack of affection. he loves wooyoung's touch, he craves it, even — the delicacy of wooyoung's fingertips against his skin. something about the warmth of it all, the butterflies that swarm his stomach, and the shivers that jolt through him feels so indescribably good.

whilst san contemplates if he should reach out for wooyoung's hand and place it where it previously was, he doesn't realise that his gaze lingers on the younger's lips. however, wooyoung does notice, a smug smirk toying his lips.

"sannie, darling..." wooyoung instantly receives san's attention, who hums in response, certainly not expecting the dark-haired's next words: "kiss me."

san grins, not having to think twice before leaning forward, smoothly allowing their lips to lock. the kiss starts off slow and gentle, till wooyoung begins stepping forward with his hands on san's waist, harshly pushing the boy's back onto the wall of lockers behind him.

a soft gasp escapes san's throat, and wooyoung — assuming that he might have gone too far — expects their moment to be over. contrasting to his thoughts, though, san only pulls him closer and presses their fronts together, leaving not even a millimetre of space in between their bodies.

"w-wooyoung..." san breathes out after pulling away, lips still ghosting the other's.

"are you okay?" wooyoung asks softly, eyes fluttering open. his mouth falls open a tiny bit at the view he's met with; it's common knowledge that san is pretty, but pretty is definitely an understatement when describing how he looks right now...

two or three barely visible beads of sweat trickle down san's forehead, hair ruffled up in the cutest way possible with a few of the golden strands covering his closed eyes, his lips slightly parted as he takes in the air that'd just been stolen from him, and almost like the cherry on top, the pink flesh is gorgeously swollen, and all because of the boy who's admiring him as if there's no tomorrow.

"fuck, san, you're so beautiful.."

at the sudden compliment, san opens his eyes, his blissful smile perfectly complimenting his blushing cheeks. "at least let me answer your question first," san rolls his eyes playfully; "but, i'm okay! why wouldn't i be?"

"you just seemed a little anxious earlier... so i'm surprised you let me do that to you in the middle of the corridor..."

san merely shrugs his shoulders, before resting his head in the safety of wooyoung's neck. "the character development came fast, i guess. also, i should be allowed to claim what's mine in front of all these thirsty fuckers staring at you, right?"

"damn right, darling," wooyoung replies, a hand moving to stroke san's locks comfortingly. as he runs his fingers through the older's hair, earning soft hums now and then, the high-pitched school bell rings throughout the crowded hallway, bringing wooyoung and san out of the realm of their own tranquil world.

the couple break their warm embrace, and after a sigh leaves san's lips, wooyoung is quick to assure, "we have first class together, it's okay."

"i know that, b-but we have science... i c-can't- i-i-i don't want t-to.." san's eyes immediately pool up with tears, so, before they can escape, he uses his trembling hands to wipe the salty liquid away.

absolutely despising witnessing his boyfriend in such an anxious state, wooyoung steps forward and rests their foreheads together. "i know, darling, and i'm really sorry... i should've thought about that. but you'll be okay, i'll be right there the entire time. i'm not letting anyone upset you today, please trust me on that."

san grabs onto wooyoung's hands, clutching them tightly as a way to regain his relaxed composure. noticing this, the younger rubs his thumbs along san's knuckles, whose lips find a small, appreciative smile at the helpful action.

"i-i trust you, wooyoung," san blurts out, his voice echoing in the now silent corridor, for all the students have headed into class.

"you really do?"

"i really do. so, as long as you stick by your words, i-i think i'm ready to go to class now..."

wooyoung nods his head in acknowledgment. "thank you, sannie-ah. for trusting me. i appreciate that so, so much... let's go now, yeah?"

i appreciate you even more.

instead of uttering those words, however, san just hums in agreement, before the two of them begin to walk — hand in hand — to the science lesson that they share. they get there much faster than san wants, wooyoung raising a hand to the door knob, yet he turns to the older prior to opening it. san gives him a nod, hand receiving a quick squeeze as wooyoung pulls on the handle of the door.

by instinct, every kid inside of the classroom snap their heads in the two boys' direction; a few of them look confused, whereas a few gasp and turn to their peers, whispering who knows what.

the reaction that stands out the most to san, though, is a proud cheer coming from one side of the room. "i never thought the cowardly best friend would ever get here, but you go, jung!"

wooyoung scoffs, turning to an irritating brunette. "such meaningful eight years of friendship, huh? but thanks, anyway, kang."

being tugged along towards his table by wooyoung, san searches the class for yunho, frowning at his absence, but the vague thought of what mingi and him could possibly be doing ceases his worry instantly. san's gaze then lands on mrs kim at the front of the room, her eyes fixated on the laptop in front of her, and every ounce of him hopes that she leaves him be today.

taking his seat, san lets go of wooyoung's hand in order to take out his stationary, before placing it onto the table. "youngie, y-you don't think she'll say anything, do you?" he asks the boy beside him.

"well, i can't really answer that question, but i really hope she doesn't... you don't deserve that. if she does, i'll stop her right away, okay, darling?"

"mm, okay." in any other situatio,n san would protest, because he's always found students arguing with teachers purely disrespectful and rude; yet, when wooyoung is doing nothing but looking out for him, the blond can't find it in him to say no.

the pair keep up their chat, occasionally laughing at what the other has to say, and one of wooyoung's arms somehow sneaks around san's waist as time goes on.

although it'd only been a few minutes, it seems like ages has passed when mrs kim finally speaks up, "alright, students! continuing on from the previous lesson we had with each other, you guys will be working on your projects. if you haven't already, please sit with your assigned partners."

mrs kim's eyes travel around the classroom, watching several students switch seats due to her request. she seems to do a double take at wooyoung and san, however, gaze stopping at them both, but neither of them notice.

that's until her sharp voice screeches through the room. "jung wooyoung!" mrs kim exhales an exaggerated breath, as she rolls her eyes in disappointment. "what did i tell you last lesson?!"

"there was a lot of bullshit you told me last lesson, so it's bold of you to assume i know what exactly you're talking about."

quietness takes over, everyone at the edge of their seats to see what happens next, whilst san's hand nervously moves to curl around wooyoung's that is by his hip.

"stop acting so difficult, boy. just move," mrs kim gets out through gritted teeth.

"and why should i listen to you?" wooyoung challenges, determined to get his own way. "because you want to protect me? from what? san? if that's the case, you should've tried way earlier, you homophobic fuck."

jaw involuntarily falling open in shock, mrs kim clasps her mouth with a hand. unlike his classmates, yeosang fails to suppress his laughter, and that alone is all it takes for the baffled, teary-eyed teacher to storm out of the room, door loudly slamming shut behind her.

the students in the class quickly burst into hysterics, probably finding the situation funnier than they should, a small number of them even cheering and clapping at mrs kim's leave. although san knows that they're only glad since they don't have any adult supervision, he finds their reactions amusing either way.

ignoring everyone around him, wooyoung turns to check on san. he isn't given the chance to let out even a single word, though, because his boyfriend cups his cheeks in his hands, moving forwards until their lips collide.

———

a/n: hi i didnt proofread but happy bi month!! i love you lots and ateez love you lots and you are very very valid <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.1K 2.2K 60
An ordinary girl from KQ academy named Chang Yuri has 8 boys obsessed with her and a crazy in love best friend who driven her into a world of lies an...
123K 6.9K 27
[COMPLETE] In which the most popular boy in school stops caring about his popularity when he meets and falls for the least popular boy in school.
65.2K 2.9K 29
"i-i'm in love with him, but he just sees me as a friend... with benefits that is. at least until you got here..." "mingi... i don't like him like th...
3.8K 140 23
Yunho is school rep, he runs the schools dance program beside the teacher and is extremely popular, he's known as the schools Prince Charming. He fin...