CHEERLEADER, woosan

By sansvenus

"i hope that he looks at me and thinks 'shit, he's so pretty.'" in which choi san tries out for his high scho... More

intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
epilogue
new woosan!
special <3

eleven

3.6K 200 309
By sansvenus

"you- you do?" wooyoung asks, shuffling backwards a bit to meet san's gaze, though he can't find it in him to let go of the latter's waist.

nodding his head almost immediately, san's smile doesn't disappear, and it's only now that wooyoung notices the pair of dimples that light up his features.

"i don't believe you," wooyoung claims, mouth agape as he attempts to let san's words sink in.

the blond rolls his eyes jokingly. "what? are you asking for me to repeat myself?"

"maybe~" wooyoung giggles, a hand reaching out for the back of san's head so he won't get hurt, before carefully pushing him to the ground and climbing on top of him.

san's breath hitches at the intimacy, but he instantly relaxes when all wooyoung does is bury his head into the crook of his neck. the younger's lips accidentally brush against his skin, and san feels his face warm up for the millionth time that day, opposing to wooyoung who doesn't even react.

"sannie..." wooyoung's muffled voice comes out of nowhere, and for a second the older thinks he's doing something wrong.

stop thinking like this, san.

"hm? what is it?"

wooyoung lifts his head up, a small smirk on his face. "you're really pretty, you know that?"

"shut up," san murmurs, blushing madly as soon as those words leave wooyoung's lips. bringing a hand up to cover his red cheeks, he turns away from the latter bashfully, unable to look directly at him.

"but i want to give my pretty boy all the compliments in the world. can i not do that after waiting for so long?" wooyoung heaves himself upwards, before using a thumb and index finger to tilt san's chin back in his direction, now completely face to face with the blond boy — just as he wanted.

san gasps at the sudden proximity of their faces, wondering what miracle he could've possibly performed in his past life for him to be in this position; just yesterday he was admiring wooyoung from afar like he normally does, but now they're so close to each other that their noses are touching.

this is all just a dream, isn't it? it has to be.

"san... can i—" wooyoung pauses hesitantly, evident nervousness etched onto his expression. "is it okay if i kiss you?"

"i..." san swallows, hard, feeling as if someone has just stolen his voice box from him. without his complete consent, his eyes flicker down to wooyoung's plump lips, and he has the overwhelming urge to brush his thumb over the mole that sits on the pink flesh.

"sannie-ah?" meeting wooyoung's gaze, the blond doesn't fail to notice the hopefulness in his dark, twinkling eyes.

but still, san doesn't know what to do, even after how much he's fantasied of kissing the younger boy.

"i don't—" san tears his gaze away from wooyoung, suddenly finding great interest in the cloudless sky above him. "i've never... done that before," he embarrassingly admits in a whisper.

silence takes over for a short moment, just humiliating san even more, yet — before he can make a run for it — wooyoung responds, "that's okay. trust me, that's more than okay, darling." at the sweet name, san's eyes dart back to the dark-haired, who smiles at him softly. "that's it, look at me. everything is okay. i could... help you through it if you're comfy with that?"

san blinks furiously. "really?"

"are you asking for me to repeat myself?" wooyoung teases, chuckling when the older scoffs, though he's not even mildly offended.

then, wooyoung picks himself up from the floor and lends out a hand for san, causing him to raise an eyebrow in confusion. "where are we going?" he asks, taking wooyoung's hand regardless.

"nowhere, it's just that kissing is much easier when you're standing up." once they're both on their feet, wooyoung brushes away the dust on his and san's trousers, smirking as he admires the latter's blushing face. "come closer," he then insists, wrapping his fingers around san's wrists, before tugging him forwards slightly.

san, now only a centimetre or two away from wooyoung, feels his heart rate quicken at the latter's eagerness. he can't wrap his head around the fact that his lifelong — well, three year — crush has offered to steal his first kiss.

what a fantasy he's living in right now.

eyes locking with wooyoung as he inches forward, san exhales a trembling breath, without realising that it would give away his anxiousness. at this, a frown instantly overcomes wooyoung's features. "darling, i need you to relax, okay?"

san nods his head, hating how ashamed he is of himself. "i'm sorry..."

"no, you're not apologising. take that back, san," wooyoung orders, surprising the blond.

"o-oh... um, i'm not sorry.."

"mm, good boy." the praise forms san's lips to involuntarily curve upwards, a layer of pink attacking his cheeks again, but this time he doesn't shy away unlike previously.

instead, he places his hands on wooyoung's shoulders, the look in the younger's eyes telling him that they're on the same page. wooyoung brings one of his own hands up from san's waist to delicately cup his jaw, a thumb caressing his smooth, honey skin.

now wooyoung is slowly leaning forward, close enough for san to feel his warm breath tickling his face. he watches as the dark-haired's eyes flutter shut, quickly doing the same, right on time it seems like because not even a second later, wooyoung's soft lips are being pressed onto his own.

please don't be a dream.

the warmth of wooyoung's mouth on san's causes the elder's brain to melt into a pile of mush, and for the first time for as long as he can remember, he doesn't have hundreds of different thoughts buzzing around in his head. he's only able to think about wooyoung's taste, and the way wooyoung's thumb is rubbing small circles onto his hip, whilst wooyoung's other hand is holding the side of his face, and...

it's all just wooyoung. he's the only person that matters to san right now, and he would never want anyone else to take that place.

a myriad of butterflies — no, an entire zoo of animals are rampaging down in san's stomach, and even when wooyoung pulls away from the most perfect first kiss, the electrifying feeling doesn't stop.

and all it does is continue, as san hooks his arms around wooyoung's neck, bringing him forward to smash their lips together once more.

almost as if he saw it coming, the younger only needs half a second to kiss him back, the hands on san's waist forcing him closer, so much closer. and now their chests are pressed up against the other's, whilst their mouths move as synchronised as they possibly could be for how foreign they are to each other — to each other's lips, bodies, and everything else in between.

unfortunately, the two boys rely on oxygen for survival, and end up having to part at some point. however, wooyoung's tight grip on san doesn't give him any way of detaching from their embrace, which he doesn't mind whatsoever.

"how was that, darling? how do you feel?" wooyoung asks, after pressing their foreheads together.

"good. i-i liked it... a lot." timidly, san hides away by resting his head onto wooyoung's chest, the soothing fingers stroking his hair causing him to snuggle further into the latter in delight.

"i'm so, so glad, sannie. you know, you didn't even need my help... you were wonderful," wooyoung says.

san hums, content. "thank you, youngie~"

"youngie?"

"is that—" san lifts his head up worriedly. "is that okay? i-i really didn't mean to make you u-uncomfortable, i-i just thought that—"

"san," wooyoung cuts the blond off. "you didn't make me uncomfortable at all, so don't panic, yeah? it feels great to know that you actually care, but if anything, i love your cute nickname for me. so from now on, i'm your youngie... how does that sound?"

san sighs in relief, but it doesn't take long for wooyoung's words to fully click in his head. "wait- my youngie?"

the dark-haired boy shamelessly grins. "you heard me, darling. i'm your youngie... all yours~"

san can't help the excited giggle that leaves his lips, which is followed by him mirroring wooyoung's wide smile. "does that mean that i'm... your sannie?" he questions boldly, even though he's certain about the answer he'll receive; it's rather obvious, after all.

"yes," wooyoung happily states in an instant, snaking his arms around san's petite frame.
"yes, that's exactly what it means... well, only if you want to be..."

"of course, i do!" san bounces up and down in the younger's arms, unable to contain his joy.

wooyoung tightens his hold on san, whose arms are wrapped around his shoulders, before effortlessly lifting him up from the floor and spinning them around a few times. the blissful laugh that escapes the blond is enough to blossom a smile on wooyoung's features, the sound causing his stomach to flip for a reason he doesn't know of.

"thank you so, so, so much for giving me a chance, san-ah. you don't understand how much it means to me, how much you mean to me. i'll do everything i can from now on to make sure you won't ever regret this... i promise," wooyoung whispers once they are still, the older's feet back on the ground.

"shut up," san mutters, fist meeting the dark-haired's shoulder. although the latter's punches are purposely light, wooyoung is still confused; did he say something that could've upset san?

all of his questions are answered, however, when his shirt becomes damp, and he feels san's body starting to shake in his embrace.

"darling, what's the matter?" wooyoung moves a hand to san's hair, threading his fingers through the golden locks since he seemed to like that last time. "whatever it is, it's okay. i'm right here, sannie..."

hearing wooyoung's attempts to comfort him, san feels absolutely terrible for breaking down so randomly like this and worrying the younger so much. therefore, he lets go of his insecurities to take a step backwards from wooyoung's chest, now facing him — with his puffy eyes, slightly red nose, and tear-stained cheeks.

fuck, i look like such a mess right now.

surprisingly, though, wooyoung steps a tiny bit closer, before carefully wiping away the splotches of tears decorating san's face for the second time that day. "youngie, i-i'm sor—"

"what did i say earlier?" wooyoung warns softly, shutting san up within a second. "tell me what's wrong, darling."

"nothing, i-i just... i can be a little emotional at times. especially when you go and say stuff like that, like, how on earth do you expect me not to?"

despite the chuckle that follows san's words, guilt still finds a way to wash over wooyoung. "so it was me that made you cry..."

"what- no! well... yeah, kind of, but it wasn't your intention, and neither was it because of anything bad... so please, wooyoung, don't blame yourself," san says, determined to get through to the boy, taking the hand cupping his face into his own.

"okay." wooyoung intertwines their fingers, a small smile ghosting his lips as he looks out into the horizon. "it's turning dark," he reports, sadness laced in his voice.

and apparently san feels the same way, for he clutches onto wooyoung as if his life depends on it. "no, it's not, you liar."

the blond's childishness causes wooyoung to laugh, brightening his mood a little. "your parents aren't worried about you, are they?"

"i told chanhee hyung to tell them that i won't be home as early as i usually am. i won't be surprised if he forgot to tell them that, though..."

"if that's the case, you should head home before they file a missing child report or something," wooyoung suggests, though he doesn't make any attempt to let san out of his grasp.

"but i... i want to be able to text you," san mumbles shyly.

"get your phone out, then, darling," wooyoung says, moving to do the same.

san wastes no time to follow wooyoung's request, pulling out his mobile from inside his blazer. he decides to ignore the notifications from the group chat that him, yunho and mingi are in for the time being, making a mental reminder to reply to them once he gets home.

"here you go, wooyoung-ah." san passes the device to wooyoung, who takes it excitedly before typing in the older's number into his own phone. without a word, he hands the phone back to its owner, san receiving a notification right away.

unknown number
hey, cutie

me
hi, you're annoying <3

change contact name from 'unknown number' to 'youngie♡︎'
yes | no

the scoff coming from besides san steals his attention, and he glances at wooyoung with an innocent look. "what's gotten you so mad~?"

"annoying, you say?" wooyoung questions, a pout on his lips.

san simply shrugs his shoulders, amused, before swinging an arm around wooyoung's shoulder, the both of them agreeing to start heading down now. the younger of the two pulls open the door to the roof's exit, unwillingly walking down the long flight stairs, the pair maintaining their conversation on the way.

luckily for them, the school's caretaker is heading out at the same time as them to lock up for the evening. "thank god we decided to leave now, we would've been stuck up there otherwise," san mentions.

"you know, that doesn't sound so bad..."

san shoots wooyoung a glare, one that's meant to be an intimidating threat, but the latter can only think about how cute the older looks. he's close to pointing it out, yet the road in front of him acts as a miserable reminder that this is where him and san have to part ways.

wooyoung senses san snuggling into his side, supposing that he must've realised the same thing, and brings him into a hug. "we'll be okay... we're seeing each other tomorrow, and that's only half a day away, darling."

"mhm, i know. but today's truly been one of the best days of my life and i hate that it has to end," san expresses downheartedly, looking out at the cars driving speedily past them, before back at wooyoung again. "can you kiss me before i go?"

"woah, where'd this confidence come from?" wooyoung jokes, but leans forwards nevertheless. before san can make a remark, he presses their lips together, savouring the blond's sweet taste, still mind blown that he can do something like this so freely and without hesitation.

"i'll see you, darling. get home safely, okay?"

"yeah, you too. don't get run over or something dumb like that," san says, reluctantly letting go of the younger.

wooyoung chuckles. "i won't, don't worry. bye for now!"

"bye bye, youngie!" after sparing one last glance at the gorgeous dark-haired boy, san turns his back on him, preparing himself to tell chanhee every single detail of the unforgettable day that has just occurred.

———

a/n: this for ryuception ig 🙄 their nasty ass basically got on their knees for me to update

/hj

BTW sangi's deja vu concept photos are coming out in seven minutes and i am not fucking ready like my eyes just opened a minute ago watch me scream this house down 🤕💪‼️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.4K 2.4K 18
wooyoung felt his throat get dry as his face flushed. nervously, he raised his eyes, making eye contact with the boy in front of him. he didn't get a...
123K 6.9K 27
[COMPLETE] In which the most popular boy in school stops caring about his popularity when he meets and falls for the least popular boy in school.
562K 21.4K 68
message from @santhemountain: you think I'm hot?
73.2K 3.1K 30
"i'll be whatever you need me to be, just let me be here for you." • in which wooyoung finds the comfort he needed in his boyfriend's best friend. • ...