Fate Has Other Plans

By nic275

What happens when you think that you've found your forever, your life and husband . But he turns out to be a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
COMPETITION!!!!!
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Meet the character's
Author's note and comments
Meet the characters part 2
Message to Ya'll
A/N

Chapter 42

16.7K 546 87
By nic275

"What do you mean?" I ask her .

"I won't allow my only daughter marry a jailbird ." She says with a straight face .

"What are you insinuating? Just because he's a "jailbird" he's not good enough? I'm a fucking jailbird too mother!" I shout .

"Cassiey calm down. Dont disrespect momma. " Beth steps in .

"You better shut the fuck up." I bite out .

"What?" Both Beth and Momma say .

"You've replaced me with her? When I'm ever going to be enough for you? I married a rich man , the way you've always wanted .

You raised me saying that you want me to marry someone who can afford to build a life with me , and where did that end up?

You took me to karate lessons, I learnt to fight and where did that end up?

You told me to stand up for myself and I did , I fucking stood up for myself and you publicly called me a disappointment.

And while I'm fighting for my freedom in court , you adopt a grown ass woman?

She's enough for you ? So why the fuck do you think that you have a right to tell me that you dont approve of my choice? I love Ace and it doesnt matter what you think." I say tearing up.

Ace drops his hand on my thigh . And squeezes my thigh in support .

"And it's this jailbird that's made you speak to me like this? "

I look at her and my eyebrows scrunch in confusion . What the fuck is up with this human?

"Leave Ace out of this . I love him and it doesnt matter what you think of him . What matters is what I think ." I say to her .

And she scoffs . She laughs and looks at me.

"Cassandra , why do you just insinuate on embarrassing yourself , why do you insist on bringing sorry excuses of men here to meet me?" She asks .

"I admit mother , Jason was a shitty choice . But Ace , Ace is amazing . And he loves me momma . He didnt care that I was a criminal , he chose to love me for me .

And you know what mother , it doesnt matter what you think .

I think you should know that I was and am not obliged to bring Ace here for you to meet . I chose to bring here because I thought it'd be right of me as you daughter to bring him here ." I say to her , and she looks at me .

"He didnt care that you're a criminal because he too is a criminal . I'm very disappointed to be your mother ." She says .

"You? disappointed? Wow . Listen here mother , honestly I'm not here for your opion .

I came here because I want to show you that I'm not like you , that I actually care . Unlike you , once someone leaves my life . I dont delete their memories the way you do .

You've said that you've failed in me but honestly you've failed yourself as a mother . You're a horrible woman and a horrible human being .

But most of all you've failed your mother . She hasn't passed anything to you because you only care about yourself and not me , your child!

And I didnt want to bring it here but you asked for it , you've failed dad too . Because he begged you , he asked you to take care of me . But you , you failed him and he'll never forgive you . You're..." I say but she interrupts me with a hard slap across my face .

She raises her hand again , but a manly hand catches the hand .

"No , you're not going to do that. Listen here woman . I have no idea what you and Cassandra are fighting about .

But I will not allow you to lay a hand on her. I don't care how old you are and what you think you are to me or her .

You will not treat her like rubbish , she's already been through enough . And honestly,  all she needed was your support .

Not only as her mother , but she needed your support as woman.  You should've been there for her , and you weren't.

She's giving you a second chance to be there and you're spitting on it . You dont deserve her ." Ace says. And let's go of her arm.

"And you do?" She asks , cheekily .

"No , I dont deserve her . Nobody deserves this wonderful woman . But I love her.

But that gives you no right . You leave her alone . This was a mistake . Let's go babe ." He says holding his hand out .

"Thank you for welcoming us in your home ." He ends it .

We both leave the house and begin the two hour drive home .

The entire ride home , I feel his eyes on me . Even though he's the one driving . He offered because he felt that I was not well enough .

I feel his warm hand on my thigh when we hit traffic .

"I'm sorry that she hit you . I failed to protect you . I had one job , and that was to protect you and I failed . I'm so sorry Cass." He says

"Its not your fault . And I'm sorry that I dragged you into that mess . I thought that she'd change ." I say back to him . He doesnt have to feel obliged to apologize for her behavior .

"I'll always protect you baby." He says . And I hear the conviction in his voice as he says the words .

"I love you." I say to him .

"I love you." He says back to me .

I fall asleep,  and I dont even realise it . When my eyes flutter open we're still on the road .

And as I'm about to ask where we're going , he parks the car new a bar with LED lights that spell out Nelly's.  Sweet music is booming through the slightly opened windows .

He shakes my leg .

"Babe , wake up . We're are here ." He says .

"Where are we?" I ask him . He smiles at me then begins to speak .

"Nelly's , this was my favourite place in Toronto. I've  lived here when I bought a house for Melanie and I .

This was my place to catch some air . You might run into some of my old friends . " he says with his smile .

I nod and we both leave the car and head inside . And a little bell over the door chimes,  announcing our entrance. 

A few heads turn to us , including four of the bartenders.

When we're closer to the bar , one of the tenders walks closer and his smile grows big .

"Oh man . Ace it's been years man . Where have you been?"  He says .

"Hey , Eric . Haven't seen you in years . I'm surprised Melanie hasn't come here to inform you too . " He says .

I look up at the both of them,  and the smiles that are painting their faces, paint one on my face too .

"Oh , Eric . This is my girlfriend and soon-to-be wife , Cassandra but you can call her Cassiey ." He says , his chest puffs out as he introduces me .

"Hey Cassiey . You're now part of this family ." The grey bearded man smiles at me .

"Bring us the usually ." He says .

I'm surprised that the guy- Eric remembers since he hasn't come here in  ten  years . He pushes two glasses filled with a red liquid .

I sip the drink and my taste buds hum in excitement . I plunge my eyes out and he smiles .

"This is good ." I scream over the music .

"Yea ?" He says . And then kisses my cheek .

After finishing the drinks . We move to the dance floor and begin moving our waists to the beat . His hands rome my waist . As he speaks dirty in my ear .

We head back to the bar and he drinks a few bottle of water because he'd be the driver .

"Did you have fun?" He asks me .

I nod my head too fast and my head literally feels like its falling off . He chuckles.

Eric bring my order of an non- alcoholic cocktail for the road .

The entire way home, we vibe to songs booming from the radio . Yummy by Justin Bieber plays and I swear I shake my ass near his face .

When we get home we walk straight into the house and I fall onto the couch . And Ace chuckles .

"That's it baby , drop your fat ass for me to fuck ." He says .

And that's all I remember from the night . And him making love to me till the sun rose .

"Hey ." He whispers in my ear .

"Hey." I reply to him . He smiles and I feel butterflies in my tummy . The light illuminates from the curtains , and his face shines .

"You wanna smell something out of this world ?" I ask. And he nods .

I breath onto his nose and he playfully pushes me off his chest .

"Oh my God Cass , what did you eat?" He asks .

"That's your sperm jerk. " I say .

He laughs and pulls me to his chest again and holds me tight and kisses my forehead . Wow , now I'm lucky .

I put my left hand on his chest and I notice something . Something that was never there before , a diamond ring . Right on my wedding finger.

I look up at him . And he smiles . I push my body up and scrunch my face in questioning .

"What the fuck?" I ask .

"Cass , I've been waiting a whole fucking  month . I've been waiting to make you my wife . I love you and you love me .

It's time.  But of course if you're not ready..." He says .

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I'll marry you! " I say.

I feel tears running down my cheeks , I almost slap him for not going down his knee - almost.

I look at him and he nods . We're really doing this . For the past week , I've been hearing him giving me signs of this.

He told momma that I'm his fiance and yesterday he told Eric that I'm his soon-to-be wife . My stomach literally erupted with butterflies.

I look at his exposed chest , with the C right there . And I feel happy , as if I haven't put my mark on him , I just did because he put a ring on it .

"I love you Ace Bernett. " I say to him .

Author's note

Hey y'all 😚

Another chapter down . Please drop your thoughts . Hope you enjoyed ❤

Vote , comment and recommend 😻🥰

Nic275 😻❤💍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2M 640K 168
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
991K 30.7K 61
Dans un monde où le chaos et la violence étaient maitre, ne laissant place à ne serrait ce qu'un soupçon d'humanité. Plume était l'exception. Elle...
761K 107K 39
Yaduvanshi Series #3 it is a book under yaduvanshi series. But it could be read as standalone too. Nitya Raghavendra is a telugu businesswoman earnin...
128K 3.6K 69
[[ COMPLETED ]] π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ 𝑠𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑙𝑦, π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’ π‘ π‘œπ‘›π‘”π‘  π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘šπ‘–π‘›π‘‘ π‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘“ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’. in which, takahashi ran suddenly confesses t...