| never again | Vincenzo Kdra...

By anastasia_amor

A girl comes back from Italy to intern at one of South Korea's best private law firms. She quickly becomes cl... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S MESSAGE

CHAPTER EIGHT

3.6K 114 17
By anastasia_amor

Na-Ri heard glass shatter. She washed her hands and left the bathroom. When she entered the kitchen she saw Jun Woo trying to pick up broken glass. She went over to him.

"Jun Woo, are you okay? What happened?" She asked worryingly.

Jun Woo looks up at her. "I'm fine. I just dropped a glass cup." He assured her. He was about to grab it when she slapped his hand.

"Don't pick it up. Where's your broom and dustpan?" She looked around.

"In the closet."

Na-Ri went to the closet and found the supplies. She came back and swept up all the glass and put it in the dustpan, before dumping it in the trash. She grabbed her phone and read Cha Young's text.

"Jun Woo, I have to go, I'll see you later." She ran to him giving him a peck on his cheek before leaving his house.

When she finally left Jun Woo screamed. He didn't know what to do. He didn't want to hurt her. "Aish, Na-Ri, why'd it have to be you?" He reached for his phone and called Han Seo. "Han Seo, I need you to do something."

____________________________________________

Na-Ri sat down at the table with Vincenzo and Cha Young. They were talking about Jang Han Seo and him not being the real boss. Na-Ri was telling Cha Young that Vincenzo was doubtful of whether Jang Han Seo was the boss or not. Vincenzo was denying this and saying he needed to 'make sure.'

They kept bickering for a few more moments until things got serious. They were wondering how they were going to draw out the real boss. Na-Ri suggested using Han Seo, they use him to draw out the real boss. Vincenzo and Cha Young agreed that was a way to go. They talked more about it on the way to Guemga Plaza.

Na-Ri, Cha Young, and Vincenzo were walking down to Jipuragi when they saw Choi Myung Hee standing in front of it.

'Choi Myung Hee? What is she doing here?' Na-Ri thought.

"Did you alter your voice when you threatened her?" Cha Young asked Vincenzo. Na-Ri turned to them.

"No."

"You threatened her? Why didn't you tell me?" He whispered.

"There was no time."

"It's been like one day." She hissed.

Choi Myung Hee then met them in the middle of the hallway. She then asked Vincenzo if he was Vincenzo Cassano. He didn't reply but shook her hand. Cha Young made up some excuse. Choi Myung Hee looked at all three of them. She looked at Na-Ri for a while then asked for tea and headed to Jipuragi.

Mr. Nam was serving the tea when Cha Young cut to the chase. Asking why she was here and whatever. Choi Myung Hee told her she wanted to congratulate her and wish her luck. She told her that she even got a plant and pointed to the stuckyi saying it didn't need water or light.

Na-Ri looked at the plant. 'Does she think we're stupid? It's obviously tapped.'

Choi Myung Hee proceeded to warn Cha Young. She ignored it. Choi Myung Hee tried to hear Vincenzo's voice again. She asked him questions which he answered...in a high, soft pitch voice. When Na-Ri heard it she contained her laughter.

Choi Myung Hee then turned to Na-Ri.

"Aren't you an intern at Wusang?"

"Yes, I'm Kang Na-Ri." She bowed at her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Cha Young used to be my mentor when she was there so I was just visiting." She explained.

"Really. You must be close then. Am I right?" Choi Myung Hee asked.

"I'm close with all my interns. If you are done, please leave. I have work to do." Cha Young stated.

"A good guest knows when to leave." She got up from her seat. She then turns to Na-Ri, "Go back to work. We're busy today." She leaves Jipuragi but not before Vincenzo was talking in that soft voice of his.

When they concluded she wasn't still outside, Na-Ri laughed, "What was that voice, Cenzo? I'm telling Luca this."

"Yah, I had to alter my voice so she wouldn't know it was me who threatened her." He exclaimed.

"Should've altered your voice then." She pulled out her phone and called Luca. She got up and started walking away. "Luca, hai da fare in questo momento?" (Luca, are you busy right now.)

"Lilia, don't tell him anything." He yelled.

Na-Ri stuck out her tongue and left Jipuragi. She hung up the call. He didn't pick it up. It was like 4 a.m there.

____________________________________________

Na-Ri entered Wusang and saw Jun Woo bringing in a box. She ran up to him.

"Hi, Jun Woo."

He looked down at her and smiled, "Hi, Na-Ri. Guess what?"

"What?"

"I just got promoted. I'm officially a partner at Wusang now." He cheered.

"Congratulations, Jun Woo!" Na-Ri patted his head. She looked at the box, "Are these your things?"

"Yeah, I'm moving into my office right now. Want to help?"

"Sure." She took the box out of his hands and walked with him to his office. She stood in front of his office. "Cha Young's office is yours now?"

"Yeah, it was the only vacant one." Na-Ri nodded.

They walked inside and she put the box down on his desk. She started helping him unpack his stuff. Jun Woo then told her that he had a box in his car and asked if she could get it. Na-Ri agreed and left his room.

When she left, Jun Woo started calling Han Seo. He ordered him to tell the public to release BLSD knowing it isn't ready.

"Also, do you have everything prepared for Na-Ri?" He asked Han Seo.

"Yes, sir but are you sure you want to do this? She is your girlfriend." Han Seo warned Jun Woo.

"She'll be fine. They won't hurt her." Jun Woo looked down at a pen. "Now do what I say." He spoke in a low tone.

"Yes, sir."

Jun Woo hung up the phone. He put his pen back in its cup. Na-Ri came in holding another box. She walked over to the table and set it down then walked over to Jun Woo.

Na-Ri put her arms around his neck. "Now that you're a partner, do you need an assistant?" She asked.

"Of course. Will you be my assistant, Miss Kang?"

She smiled at him. "Yes. Are you going to help lead the Babel case?"

"I don't know. I've been assigned by the elks." He caressed her cheek with his hand. "Why? Do you want me to be on the Babel case?"

Na-Ri let out a small laugh. She dropped her arms and walked away looking at the box on the table. "No, it would be better for you if you weren't involved. Babel is dangerous." She stated.

"Are you getting involved?" He asked.

"Yes." She let out a sigh.

"Babel's dangerous though. Like you said."

"As long as they don't do anything bad to me I don't care." She looked at him.

He walked up to her. "What if they did do something bad to you?" He grabbed her wrist.

"I don't know why they would. After all, I work for Wusang so I'm technically on their side." She said,

"Right." Jun Woo pulled her closer. "Since I have my own office now, we won't be interrupted if we do anything...exciting." He whispered in her ear.

Na-Ri looked into his eyes. She put her arms around his neck once again and kissed him. He kissed her back and put his hands on her waist. They kissed each other for a few more seconds before Na-Ri pulled away.

"I'm going to go now. I have things to do." She took off her hands around his neck. He let her go and she walked away.

"I'm sorry, Na-Ri." Jun Woo sighed.

____________________________________________

Na-Ri was walking to her car. She felt uneasy, feeling as though someone was watching her.

She arrived at her car but when taking out her keys she dropped them. She bent down to pick them up when she heard someone walking close to her.

She looked up but didn't see anything. She grabbed her keys and opened her car.

When she looked in the reflection of the window she saw someone standing behind her. She jumped and turned around.

The person behind her was Jun Woo.

"Jun Woo, don't scare me like that." She took a deep breath.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." He apologized. "Do you want to go see Cha Young with me? I want to tell her that I'm a partner now." Jun Woo beamed.

"Yeah, get in." Na-Ri opened the car door.

"Actually, can we drive in my car?" He suggested.

"Sure, if you want."

Jun Woo then led her to his car. They got in and drove off. They arrived at Geumga Plaza and Na-Ri immediately got out. She ran to Jipuragi leaving Jun Woo behind.

Na-Ri opened the door but stopped when she saw Vincenzo about to flick Cha Young's forehead. He didn't and purposely messed it up.

"Since when is he a romantic?" Na-Ri thought.

Suddenly Jun Woo went up behind her, startling her once again. "Stop doing that. It scares me."

"Sorry," Jun Woo giggled.

Vincenzo and Cha Young looked at the couple. "How long have you been standing there, Lilia?"

She walked into Jipuragi, "Long enough, Romeo." She replied.

Jun Woo skipped into the law firm. He started to do a dance choreography to Cha Young and asked 'Can you feel my heartbeat' and told her he was a partner.

She congratulated him in a monotone voice. He told her she should be happy for him and so forth. She said she was and that she'll buy jjamppong. He hesitantly agreed to her offer. Vincenzo told them to have fun, before Cha Young asked him Na-Ri said,

"Don't even think about asking Vincenzo. He doesn't have a high spice tolerance."

Jun Woo chuckled, "This kind of spicy food is too much for Italians like you."

"He can't handle the peppers," Na-Ri told Jun Woo.

Vincenzo then slammed the papers he was holding onto the table. He turned and walked to Jun Woo. "Italians eat peppers in all sorts of ways. And pepperoncini is like candy to some of us. And they're 20,000 points on the Scoville scale, by the way."

"I love eye bird chilies from Thailand. They're 100,000 Scoville." Jun Woo challenged Vincenzo.

"Ah, I went to the Mexican Riviera where Savina habaneros scored 300,000."

"Indian ghost peppers. 800,000. Blast your mouth."

Cha Young and Na-Ri looked at each other. 'What is going on?' Cha Young mouthed. 'I don't know.' Na-Ri mouthed back.

"You ate something with ghost peppers in it?" Vincenzo questioned. "Meaning you can handle spiciness, huh? Prove it over jjamppong."

Jun Woo agreed and Vincenzo grabbed his coat leaving Jipuragi.

Na-Ri stood there thinking, "This is going to end badly."

They arrived at the restaurant and sat down in their seats. Jun Woo and Vincenzo gave each other challenging looks while getting the jjamppong. Cha Young asked if he had any cases and he told her about the elks.

Na-Ri drank some of the broth. She luckily could handle the spiciness. She noticed that Vincenzo and Jun Woo were having a hard time. "That's what they get for trying to compete." She thought.

She was slurping noodles when Jun Woo brought up the mafia. She immediately spat it out and started coughing, surprised by the sudden topic. They all looked at Na-Ri, Vincenzo started hitting her back.

"Ok, I'm alright. I'm okay." She took his hand off of her.

Vincenzo replied to Jun Woo, "The Italian Mafia don't meddle in regular people's lives or businesses. They have rules. They do business amongst themselves."

Na-Ri rolled her eyes. "Yeah right." She muttered.

"Are you saying that's not true, Na-Ri?" Jun Woo asked.

"Hmm... I didn't say anything." Na-Ri replied.

"Enough of this shoptalk. We're eating."

They kept eating but Cha You and Na-Ri could see the rivalry between them. Cha Young then put more sauce in their soups. Na-Ri laughed. Jun Woo then poured himself a glass of water which Vincenzo took. Jun Woo then poured him more hot sauce.

Na-Ri stood outside with Jun Woo and Vincenzo. She was giving them more milk.

"Honestly, if you couldn't handle the spice you should've asked for something else." She said to Jun Woo. She pointed at Vincenzo, "And you can't handle the spice at all, remember what happened at Julian's birthday dinner. You were a complete mess after like you are right now."

Cha Young came out of the restaurant. She looked at them and told them they were a mess. Jun Woo got up and asked Vincenzo for around two but Cha Young turned him down. She then started getting a call and told Vincenzo that Chaesin needed help. They left Na-Ri and Jun Woo alone.

Na-Ri grabbed his arm. "Do you want ice cream? It'll help you."

"No, I'll just go home now."

"Ok, I'll drive you." She suggested.

He added, "Alone, Na-Ri. I have something with my brother. I'll drive you to Wusang to get your car."

"Okay." She looked down.

They walked to his car and entered it. He drove to Wusang and they spoke. He arrived at Wusang and they said their goodbyes.

Jun Woo then called someone, "She's at the Wusang parking lot. Remember, don't hurt her." He hung up then looked at her through his window.

Na-Ri walked to her car, feeling as though someone was watching her again.

"I'm being paranoid," Na-Ri said. She took a deep breath and unlocked her car. She was opening her door and then turned around. She looked around the parking lot. "Jun Woo, this isn't funny." She yelled out. Nothing answered back.

Na-Ri sighed and turned back to her car. She opened the car door when she felt an arm go around her waist. She tried to scream but they put a hand over her mouth and pulled her back.

Another guy came up to them and injected a needle in her arm, making her pass out immediately.

____________________________________________

*SPLASH*

Na-Ri woke up immediately after getting splashed with water. She looked around her and saw four men, all in black clothing. She tried to stand up but her hands and feet were tied up. Na-Ri went on her knees.

She looked at one of the men and asked, "What do you want? Did Paolo send you?"

One of the men bent down at her. "You are helping Vincenzo Cassano with the Babel case, right?"

Na-Ri widened her eyes. 'How did he know?' She answered, "No, I'm working for Wusang. I'm on Babel's side."

He stood up and grabbed a bucket filled with water. He put it in front of her and grabbed the back of her head, dunking her in the water. She started panicking, she couldn't breathe. She tried to move her head but he had a tight grip on it.

After a while, he took her out. She coughed out all the water.

"Honest answers or next time it'll be longer. Ok," He stated.

"If you knew I wasn't being honest why ask me the question anyway." She spat at him. "Just tell me what you want."

"Are you working for Vincenzo Cassano?"

"No, he's my friend from Italy."

He dunked her head back in the bucket. He took her head out a couple of minutes later. "Yes, yes I'm working with him." She coughed out.

"That wasn't so hard now was it?" He let go of her head. "Now why are you helping him?"

"Because he's my friend." She took deep breaths.

"Really?" He let out a laugh. "What's the real reason? Or do you want another head dunking?"

"That is the real reason. He and I have been friends for five years. We help each other if we have a problem." She replied.

"That's a lot of loyalty you have for him but it will have to sadly stop. Sorry." He said sarcastically.

"What do you want with me?"

"Stop working for him. Help Wusang with the case and don't even talk to him."

Na-Ri scoffed, "And if I don't? What are you going to do? Kill me?"

"Not you." He grabbed a folder from another man and threw the photographs on the floor in front of her. "Them."

There were photos of Jun Woo, Cha Young, and Vincenzo from different places of the day. There was Cha Young in her office and walking around the city with Vincenzo. There were photos of Jun Woo moving into his office and at the parking lot. Na-Ri's eyes started to water. They had stalked them.

"You don't want them to die right? Jang Jun Woo just became a partner and is working on his first case, and Hong Cha Young just lost her father, and Vincenzo or Cenzo as you call him is your closest friend." He mocked her.

Na-Ri looked around the floor. "Why? Why are you doing this?"

"I just take orders, Kang Na-Ri. This isn't personal." He bent down at her and cupped her face. "Now, what are you going to do? Help Babel and ensure the safety of your friends or help Vincenzo and kill them like Hong Yu Chan." He mocked her.

Na-Ri furrowed her eyebrows, "Hong Yu Chan?" She thought. She looked around the room and thought, "Are these Choi Myung Hee's goons? Is she trying to get me on her side? Why, though? What is the reason? This doesn't make sense."

"Yah, do you have an answer?"

She gulped. "I won't work for him."

He let go of her face and stood up. "Good. Oh and don't tell this to anyone or we'll just go ahead and kill you all." He motioned his hand and another went up to her. Injecting a needle again making her pass out.

Na-Ri woke up in her car, sitting on the driver's seat. She looked around and made sure there was no one there. She grabbed the steering wheel and hit it multiple times.

Her eyes started watering and before she knew it she was crying. Na-Ri tried wiping her tears but they kept coming out. In all her years of helping him, she had never gotten hurt. That was the deal between him and her. She helps him and he protects her.

"I'm sorry, Vincenzo."

___________________________________________

*KNOCK**KNOCK**KNOCK*

The door opened and Na-Ri immediately hugged Jun Woo. She started crying more in his chest. He hugged her back. 'Did they do something bad to her?' He thought.

He pushed her back, "Na-Ri, are you okay? What's going on?"

He looked at her and saw her makeup was messed up and her hair was disheveled.

"I-I...can't te-tell y-you." She stuttered.

Jun Woo pulled her back in. "Did they hurt her? I told them not to." He thought.

"Come on. Let's clean you up." He led her to the bathroom. He started the shower and gave her his clothes to wear to bed. He looked at her wrist which was very red. He started getting angry but didn't take it out on her.

When she went into the shower he went outside of his apartment and called the man.

"I told you not to hurt her."

"We didn't hurt her."

Jun Woo scoffed, "Then, why are her wrists red, and why are her hair and makeup ruined?"

"We had to restrain her. And we splash her with water and dunked her head in it."

"YOU WHAT?" He shouted. He took a deep breath. Jun Woo didn't want Na-Ri to know it was him. "I told you to scare her, not hurt her. You didn't even need to restrain her. I'm pretty sure the four of you could have handled her."

"I'm sorry, sir. I wasn't thinking."

"What did she say?"

"She said she'll stop working with him and help Wusang."

"Good." He hung up the phone and took some more deep breaths. He didn't want Na-Ri to see him mad.

He went back inside and didn't hear the shower anymore. He went inside his bedroom and saw her on his bed, sleeping. He slid into bed right next to her and put her hair behind her ear.

___________________________________________

Na-Ri woke up the next morning. She sat up in bed and looked around the room. Jun Woo was gone. Na-Ri got out of bed and walked to the kitchen. She saw him cooking breakfast. She went up behind him and put her arms around him. She put her head on his back and closed her eyes.

He stopped cooking and turned around, hugging her. He kissed the top of her head. He then let her go and put their food on the plates.

They sat down at his island, eating together silently. Na-Ri got up and put her dish in the sink and started to wash it. She went back to his room and changed into a black pantsuit. She left his room.

"I'm going to work." She told him.

Jun Woo grabbed her wrist and she winced, "Sorry. Are you okay?" He let her go.

"I'm fine. What is it?" She asked him.

"Are you sure you want to go to work? You seemed like a mess last night."

"Yes, I'm sure and I have to go to work."

"I'll drive you." He suggested.

___________________________________________

Na-Ri and Jun Woo walked into Wusang. They walked into his office.

"I want you to help."

He looked at her. "With what?"

"The Babel case. I want you to help on the case." She answered him.

"I thought you didn't want me to get involved."

"I don't but...I have to help."

"Ok. I'll ask Mr.Han about it."

Na-Ri nodded and walked out of his office going to her computer. She started getting a call from Vincenzo but ignored it. 'I don't want them to get hurt,' she kept reminding herself.

She worked for a couple of hours until Jun Woo asked if she wanted to get some food. She agreed and they started walking to the exit when they saw Cha Young and Vincenzo walking to Han Seung Hyeok's office. Cha Young waved hello to them and they stood there.

"Come on, let's go, I'm hungry." Na-Ri pulled on Jun Woo's arm. She really did not want to be seen talking to Vincenzo especially when Choi Myung Hee was there.

"No, let's wait for Cha Young to come out."

Na-Ri sighed. They waited for ten minutes when they came out of his office. "Look, she's out, let's go now."

"No, I want to talk to her." He ran after Cha Young and she followed. He started asking Vincenzo to make her stop and saying Babel was dangerous.

Vincenzo ignored him and turned to Na-Ri. "Lilia, why weren't you answering my calls?"

She immediately got tense, "Um I...got busy with work."

"Pick up my calls next time, please." He told her.

"Okay, Vincenzo." She looked down to the floor.

They then went into the elevator and said goodbye. Na-Ri said goodbye. The elevator doors finally closed and she sighed. She went towards the other elevator and pressed the button. The elevator opened and went inside.

"Jun Woo, are you coming?" She called. He quickly ran in and closed the elevator doors.

For the next couple of days, Na-Ri helped Jun Woo with the Babel case too. She was also ignoring both Cha Young's and Vincenzo's calls. She felt bad but it was the only way they wouldn't get hurt.

___________________________________________

Today was the day of the trial. Na-Ri was nervous; she didn't want Babel to win because they'd hurt so many people, but she didn't want Jipuragi to win either because she was scared that Choi Myung Hee would hurt them. At first, she wasn't going to go to the trial but then Jun Woo told her she had to because it was his first trial and she was his assistant.

She ended up going and when she arrived she saw so many reporters around the courthouse. She checked her watch as she waited for Jun Woo. They came after five minutes and she saw how the reporters immediately surrounded them when they saw the car. They exited the car and she saw Jun Woo. When he turned around she waved at him and he waved back.

The reporters then started asking Choi Myung Hee questions but Na-Ri couldn't hear them because they were too far away. Now she was waiting for Vincenzo and Cha Young to show up. At first, she thought they showed up in a white car but it was another lawyer.

Jun Woo then walked up to her and smiled.

"Hi, Na-Ri."

"Hello." She looked past him.

"Are you excited?"

"No, quite anxious to be honest." She answered. Jun Woo turned around to see what she was looking at.

That's when he saw a blue sports car in the distance. All the reporters started going towards that one. Out came Cha Young and Vincenzo in the driver's seat.

"Did he always have a car?" She thought. "Why'd he make me drive him around?"

They started walking up to the courthouse when they stopped. Then Vincenzo said his phrase, "Un diavolo scaccia l'altro."

Then they heard a loudspeaker and turned their heads to see the tenants of Geumga Plaza protesting and performing a dance. Na-Ri smirked. "Good for them." She thought. She turned her head to Vincenzo and Cha Young and saw them holding up a thumbs up.

They then walked towards the courthouse and Cha Young winked at them. Vincenzo and Cha Young then walked into the courthouse.

"What do they have planned?" Na-Ri thought.

___________________________________________

I uploaded it. Yayy. So yeah that's what Jun Woo did to Na-Ri. She thinks that Choi Myung Hee orchestrated it because the person said, Hong Yu Chan. Who killed Hong Yu Chan? Choi Myung Hee. She stopped talking to Cha Young and Vincenzo out of fear something will happen to them. Do you think they'll say something to her or stay quiet? I hope the suspense was good. :)

Thank you for writing nice comments in the last chapter. I'm in a good mood today and I hope you are too. Bye

Thanks For Reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 373 8
"Oh god fuck ahhh" I was moaning so loud . his head was between my thigh eating me out like i am his last meal,i can feel the knot building in my sto...
48.5K 1.4K 81
"๐ป๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘œ๐‘˜๐‘Ž๐‘Ž,๐‘Ž โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘™๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘๐‘ ๐‘ฆ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘“๐‘’๐‘’๐‘™ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘œ๐‘›๏ฟฝ...
473 108 15
What will happen when an innocent, clean-chit business man will get trapped into a crime case. To the worst the Commissioner having issues- personal...
9.3K 342 17
"You ready for revenge darling?" Hanseok whispered in my ear. "I have waited for the moment for sooo long. Revenge is soo sweet isn't it?" I whispere...