Fate Has Other Plans

By nic275

What happens when you think that you've found your forever, your life and husband . But he turns out to be a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
COMPETITION!!!!!
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Meet the character's
Author's note and comments
Meet the characters part 2
Message to Ya'll
A/N

Chapter 40

17.7K 555 70
By nic275

After being rejected by three companies,  including INPACT,  Ace finally decided to work for me .

Today it's his first day and I've taken it upon myself to mentor him . Which means he'll be going with me to Smith Industries to begin working.

He dresses in black slacks,  a white dress shirt and a black blazer with a red tie . His hair is frosted perfectly and goes well with his bad boy aura .

I throw on a black under knee length dress , a grey knitted one button jersy , socks that reach half way through my leg and ankle length maroon Dr Martins.

My hair is pulled to a messy bun and I throw on some make-me-look-nice glasses to tie the look together .

"You look great ." Ace says from behind me . His figure towers over my 5 foot frame . His hands rome around my waist and he whispers in my ear .

"I hear you're divorced. " his sentence raises goosebumps on my skin . I visibly shiver .

"Do you have a minute to spare?" He asks . And I immediately remember how late we're running.

"Baby , as much as I like where this is going,  it's not boss-like for me to be late . And itd make me a bad mentor ." I try to sound bold , but the words come off as a whisper.

He smirks at me through our reflections on the ceiling to floor mirror .

Soon enough we're downstairs and in the car , he drives us to the parking and we wait for a few seconds . He pecks my forehead and smiles .

"Now,  to pretend like I dont totally want to fuck you." He says opening his door .

He goes around the car and opens the door for me . He holds out his hand and I hold it and use it to facade the car .

We walk to the elevator.  The entire time I feel his eyes on me .

"Stop staring at me weirdo." I say to him . A surprised gasp reveals itself from his throat and he playfully looks offended.

"Is that how you talk to all your mentees?" He asks , putting his hand on his chest .

He pokes my belly .

"Aww , Ace , stop!" I say . He does it again and again . Laughter fills the entire elevator.

"Say that Ace is a sexy motherfucker." He says . He tickles me harder .

"Ace ... is ... a ... sexy ... motherfucker! " I say through the giggles . Tears threaten to reveal themselves from my eyes .

"Say I love Ace . " He urges.

"I ... love ... Ace!" I say and he tickles me harder .

"Now say , fuck me now Ace." He says tickling me ever harder and I swear I just felt pee in my panties .

"No ! You're ... pushing ... it.  No!" I say screaming at his face in amusement.

He hugs me and kisses my cheek . The elevator opens and reveals the company foyer .

And I might add , a smiling Kimberly whose caught me in the action. Ace and I change into a formal stance in less than two seconds .

I walk passed her and Ace follows suit .

"Morning Kim." I say to her .

"Morning Cassiey  and strange , cute man who was kissing Cassiey ." Kim replies,  and Ace nods his head and I flush .

We walk up to the offices.  And I open the office up . He smiles down at me and closes the door .

"Your office is cute babe ." He says , then he kisses my cheek . We both take seats opposite from each other .

The file of Smith Industries finances is on the table . We dig in and begin working. And soon enough I discover that he's a great accountant , he notices things I didn't even see .

Like the many personal assistants that have been hired in the past five years . Jason's gonna get it . Dick head !

Soon enough theres a knock on the door . Ace looks up at me and I shrug .

"Enter!" I say . And the person enters .

"Morning Mr Smith ." I say , and when Ace hears the name his back straightens and he looks at me , then him .

"Morning Mrs Smith ." He says with a small smile .

"Ms Miller ." I correct . He looks at me .

"Oh , how rude of me . This is Ace Bernett , Ace , this is Jason Smith ." I say with a smile , my eyes glued to Ace .

With the mention of the name 'Ace', Jason looks at my tattoo . And then up at me . Then his face scrunches in confusion .

"I'm gonna get lunch , anything particular." Ace finally speaks up.

"My favourite ." I say and he nods . Then winks and leaves . My beautiful man .

"Yes Mr Smith,  how may I help you?" I ask .

"I notice that you told Bella that you dont want anything from me ." He says .

"Yes , I want a clean divorce . I dont want any scratches and cat fights . So I've decided that you can keep it all .

You can keep the cars , the houses , and your shares of the company . These are your ideas . If I was still the old me , I'd have ripped off everything from your claws  and that bitch's. But I'm changed and I dont give a fuck about anything .

Which is why I dont care if you keep anything . At the end of the day , you gave me something that you can ever take from me .

You showed me how powerful I can be . So thank you . You and I can still be partners . " I say to him .

He looks at me and his features twist into curiosity . 

"Is that the guy from the tattoo?" He asks . I make sure that my face remains straight and even .

"Mr Smith , you have no right to ask about my personal life . Even if he was "the guy from the tattoo" , it's not your place to know as you and I are not friends.

You and I will only communicate when it involves our businesses and or our divorce.  Anything else would be a stretch . Please , Mr Smith , I dont want to repeat myself again . Please understand. " I beg him .

He stands and as he opens the door . Ace enters and his eyes land on me . Which leads to me flushing bright red .

Jason leaves .

"We cant eat in here.  I asked Jennet to clean during lunch . So let's go to the cafe down stairs ." I say and he nods .

When we get down the stairs.  We find a table were Kim is sitting alone .

"Hey Kim." I say and she glance up and smiles .

She waves us to sit with her. The buzz of people talking fill the company cafe .

"Kim this is my boyfriend Ace , Ace this is my bestfriend Kim." I say and the both say hi.

He pulls the Chinese food out of the bag and hands me the noodles . I dig right in . I notice that for the first time , Kim is actually eating and she's eating alot of food .

"What's new?" I ask her . She shrugs .

"Nothing really ." She says then smiles .

"Come on Kim , you can tell me . Are you stress eating?" She chuckles then shakes her head . She stands and for a moment I think she's going to leave me hanging .

Her pushes her loose black knitted baggy jersey and reveals a perfect round bump.

"Oh my gosh! " I coo . She is pregnant . That's why she's been so feisty. 

"Yes , I'm pregnant . Six months." She says . And then nods .

" I'm so happy for you ." I say and Ace just stares at me with amusement and adoration.

We here clicking and soon enough , next to me , a radiation of aggressively sprayed perfume hits my nostrils .

"Hi , I'm Kayla ." The owner of the perfume says . She outreaches her hand at Ace. 

Ace looks at her hand and then up at her then nods . I look up at her , and she smirks.

"Oh , let me not be rude,  I'm Kayla Dixon and this is my friend Bailey Harris ." She says and another blonde bimbo appears .

Her eyes are blue and her lips are pink . Her skin is tan and her face is diamond shaped . She looks like a model , her face is heavily made up , just like Kayla's.

"Oh let me not be rude too . This is Kayla , my ex-husband's mistress . Kayla the mistress , this is Ace my-" I'm about to say but am cut off .

"Boyfriend." He speaks for me and I smile at him .

Her confidence deflates but she pumps her chest up again . She shows off her friend Bailey .

"Well , Bailey is single if you're interested Ace . I know how tough it must be for you with her as a girlfriend . And Cassiey , jail has really made you fat ." She says . Oh no , she didnt .

"First of all , Ms Dixon . In here I'm your boss . You address me with my last name or 'boss' , you can call me by name when you bump into me in the streets .

Secondly , you and your buddy should know better than to downgrade yourself like that . If he wanted you Ms Harris he'd have said so . And thirdly  -" and before I can finish , Ace interrupts me again.

"And thirdly Ms Dixon and Ms Harris , we're here to work , not to play the bachelor.  I'd appreciate some respect for both myself and Ms Miller . Now you can head back to whichever hellhole you crawled from ." He says , his voice dangerously even.

They both turn on their heels and leave .

"I like him. I approve ." Kim speaks for the first time since the devil and her sidekick arrived .

And who the fuck is Bailet Harris . I guess she must be one of those personal assistant Jason hired .

"Are you okay?" Ace asks , looking directly at me .

"Kayla doesn't scare me , it's you I'm worried about.  " I say , and he shrugs .

"Genna was just like that the first three years , just all over me . So I'm used to it , all I have to do is to be a complete dick and trust me , I'll repel them . I tried to do it with you but something just called me to you." He says then slings his hand over my shoulder .

The mention of Genna's name has me shivering . I dont like that nama at all .

"Y'all are so cute ." Kim coos .

"Thank you ." We both say and then look at each other .

"Love you" Ace whispers . I nod and whisper it back .

Author's note

Hey guys . How are you doing? Hope you're happy with the update . I can't update anymore cause I'm really busy with assignments .😭

Hope you enjoyed the chapter .😊

Vote , comment and recommend 🥰

Nic275 ❤🧚‍♂️😻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

912K 13.4K 36
Ivy Williams had always aspired to complete her university journey without any interruptions or complications. However, not even two months into her...
2.7M 38.9K 65
"You want daddy to f*ck you, hard and rough then reward you with his c*m, is that it, little slut?!" "Yes, Daddy" * MONALISA I thought I had a probl...
16.9K 824 9
C O M P L E T E D ❝ your name, forever the name on my lips. ❞ cover art by: seasonies
877K 21K 43
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...