When I Fall

By xoxsay

Fifteen year old Ellie Joan (EJ) Stonem seems to have the perfect life; a father who buys here anything she w... More

One.
Three.
Four. (incomplete)

Two.

43 0 0
By xoxsay

 It takes almost an hour to get to my house from school if we’re walking. The thing is our town is small and you can get anywhere within 20 minutes as long as you have a car, walking takes much longer since every block is so long.The walk with Hunter to my house was so much fun. We joked around and threw all our books into his backpack so we can give each other piggy back rides. We pushed and shoved each other around like we did when we were in 6th grade on the playground. The walk ended up taking an hour and 15 minutes because we fooled around so much.

While Savannah and Effy are probably my two best friends I still prefer to hang out with Hunter. With the girls we just joke around, shop, sing, and be goofy all day. With Hunter I am totally carefree and we just act like we're 9. He tries to teach me how to play COD and I try and teach him how to do flips on the mats in the gym we have in my basement. I was a competitive cheerleader when I lived in NY---and by competitive I mean as competitive  you can get when you're 5 years old. But hey I did learn some pretty cool tricks. And oh jeez when it’s all four of us together I can't ask for a better time.

When we finally make it to my house its 4 o'clock. We didn't realize this until I opened the door and Hunter and I ran screaming through the foyer, family room, rec room and into the kitchen to see all of Close the Distance in my kitchen.

Hunter was ahead of me, so when he stopped short, I bashed into his back and lost my balance. I grabbing onto his arm to keep myself from falling on the floor. The entire band saw this and started to laugh while I was bending over laughing as Hunter’s face turns bright red trying to hold in his. Kennedy looked at me and gave me a look that said 'If you weren't so entertaining I'd be embarrassed to be related to you'.

I told Kennedy to call me down later and that they should practice for a while without me because as much as I didn't want to do this project it really needs to be done. I grab a bag of baby carrots and some BBQ chips from the pantry and two cans of coke from the fridge and make my way out of the kitchen. We walk back through the foyer and front room to the study/library. I turn to Hunter and say, "Hey grab the poster board and marker basket on the table in the corner. We can work in my room first, then the sunroom in the back because we MUST put a tiny bit of glitter on it." When Hunter quickly turns around and opens his mouth to object I quickly say, "Just to make the planets shinny." When he closed his mouth for a second and opens it again I added, "You know Miss. Kingston grades better if it looks cute." When he realizes I'm right he just shrugs and grabs the stuff.

 "To your room we go." Hunter says rolling his eyes because he knows my room is like me; cute, bubbly, totally girly and kinda a mess. As we get to the main stair case the band is leaving the kitchen and walking down the hallway which leads to the back of the house and the basement door. Kennedy tells them all to meet him down there and tells Josh to go wait in my room as he pulls me aside almost making me drop a can of soda.

"Yo EJ," he starts, "We are going to run through a few songs then Nick is going to start to teach us the song he adjusted. After that we are going to call you down to hear what we have so far and Nick is going to teach you the song first then some of the piano part."

"Okie dokes sounds good." I say and take a step towards the stairs when Kennedy tugs at my arm a little I look up at him quizzically.

He sighs and leans down to whisper in my ear, "Dad was home a half hour before you got home to grab an overnight bag. He said he's going to be spending the night in the office because there’s new evidence in his case.--"

I roll my eyes and cut him off asking, "Why are you telling me this Kenny?"

He sighs again and continues, "He also said that this case is going to court next Thursday and then he has four days off." My heart stopped in shock, like complete mouth open-totally still-not even breathing shock.

"Bu-bu-bu-but his work schedule said he wouldn't have off till next month!" I say terrified, sitting on the floor and putting down the food in my hand to play with the hair tie on my wrist.

Kennedy sat down next to me and pulled my chin up so I looked into his eyes while he said, "It's going to be fine I'll be here the whole time. Remember I got you. I never left you alone before have I?"

When I don't answer right away he repeats himself, "Have I?" I shake my head no. "Okay good. Nothing is going to happen to you okay?" again another nod, "Alright EJ the guys are waiting for me and Josh is in your room. You better get up there before he goes looking through your draws." I half smiled and get up off the floor then grabbed the food and started walking up the stairs.

"Hey EJ," Kennedy said, I turned to look at him, "I'm sorry for telling you now but I just really thought you should know."

Putting on a brave smile I said, "I know. Love you Kennedy." He smiled and said, "Love you too little sis." When I turned to continue walking up the stairs I thought I saw someone at the basement door.I do a double take and see that I was right its Nick in the doorway looking up at me totally confused. I turned and ran up the stairs because I am sure he heard the entire conversation between me and my brother.

When I get to the end of the upstairs hall, the one before the hall that leads to my room, I stop and take a few deep breaths, shake my head, straighten up,  put on a big smile and skip towards my room so that Hunter will think nothing was wrong. At all....

When I walked into my room Hunter was sitting on my bed with the text book open and a notebook on his lap. I apologize for keeping him waiting and jump on the bed grabbing the notebook and pen from him saying, ''I’ll write or else it will take us an extra two hours from me trying to read your chicken scratch.'' When I join him on my bed I notice the sheet I threw on the floor is now on the bed and the pile of dirty clothes near the foot of the bed is bigger than before I left for school. So I thank Hunter for cleaning up my room and he just smiles and nudges me with his shoulder while pointing out all the facts we need to include on the poster. About 50 minutes pass of us finding information, but mostly joking around before Kennedy is at my bedroom door.

He knocks on the door when I am trying to draw on Hunter’s face with a marker and clears his throat because his knock didn’t stop me from trying to pin Hunter down in another effort to draw on him. Giggling I look up and ask if their done yet.

''Yep Nick’s ready to teach you the notes and melodies and stuff now.'' Kennedy answered. I look at Hunter and tell him I’ll call him when he can come back over. But Kennedy said he could stay and watch if he didn’t want to have to walk back and forth. Me and Hunter looked at each other and shrugged at the same time and jumped off my bed.

The three of us walked through the house into the basement. In order to get to the studio we got put into the basement you have to pass the gym. I started to do back hand springs until I ran out of mat, while Hunter did some tumble salutes. Kennedy rolled his eyes but I know him and he knows me; he knows what I am doing.

I opened the door to the studio and said in a chipper voice ''Party’s here!'' They all smirked and rolled their eyes at my Jersey Shore reference but I could tell they knew I was going to easy to get along with. Kennedy walked in all ‘cool’ and stuff and ruffled my hair; I punched him in the stomach. All the guys started to laugh.

I skipped over to the couch and popped a squat telling, Hunter to join me. And he did, he just sat on my lap instead of the couch. ''Ouch! Butt head!'' I yelled trying to push him off. Once he finally got off of me I jumped up and asked, ''So what song are you guys covering that you need my wonderful voice for?''

 Nick, who was sitting on the drum set was the one who answered, "It's by that band The Maine? Ken said you know them really well, so we were thinking about Whoever She Is? You can help with backup vocals?"  I nodded and said I knew the lyrics already. Nick smiled at me and said ''Okay let hear this beautiful voice you keep bragging about.'' When I smirked up at him he keeps on smiling and said ''Alright so you take the second verse, so jump in once I'm done with the chorus. Got it? ''

''Yep sounds easy.'' I responded and cleared my throat extra loud and completely exaggerated, take a deep breath, and give him a thumbs up, so he starts in with the chorus. I jump in when my part comes up, and as I begin I look around and everyone seems kind of impressed. As I’m signing the last few words of the verse I look down at my feet to avoid award eye contact with everyone watching. 

When I look back up, the band is exchanging looks, and nodding their heads like they liked it. ''Oww oww yea EJ! Damn talented best friend right hurr!” Hunter spoke this time, and I giggled.

 After adding another few lines for me to sing, the band started to play while Nick and I sang. The way Nick re-wrote the music sounds amazing and I get really excited about how the piano will play into it.

About two hours passed by the time we were happy with the outcome. All the guys in the band said I was what they need for a few songs and that when I should follow in my brothers footsteps and write a song or two. Thanking them for being nice and sarcastically saying I'd get right on that; I said my goodbyes.

Looking at my phone I realize the time I told Hunter we’d finish the project tomorrow no excuses. Kennedy offered to drive Hunter and Nick home then get us some dinner. When we’re walking to the door Nick says he’ll swing by one night this week to teach me the piano part if that was okay. I agree and hug Hunter goodbye saying I’ll see them tomorrow.

Thank Gosh Nick didn’t try to say anything about me and Kennedy’s talk from earlier, I think as I run upstairs to grab my computer, maybe he didn’t hear us after all.

Grabbing my cell and Mac from my room I walk down to the kitchen and sit at the island waiting for Ken to get back with some food. As I was checking my Facebook I heard the door open and smelt the pizza before Ken got the chance to yell that he got us L’amore.

I reach for a slice the second he sits it down on the table and bit into the mushroom and peppers slice. Half way done with my slice Hunter calls me from Rex's phone to tell me he left his cell somewhere at my house. I told him I'll for it and for him to stop by and just come right in.

I head for my room to look for Hunter’s phone and while I was in there I heard the front door slam shut. Just as I started to yell for him to come up I heard another man’s voice, my father's.

"Wow, you've grown a lot huh there boy?" my father's voice booms through the house. That voice. At the few work events held at our house, Kennedy and I were forced to attend, we always hear about his voice. The legendary voice that could 'bring down the court house' and could 'make the most ignorant man listen'. Personally, I hate that voice, it makes me cringe. "I haven't seen you since my little girl's, what was it, tenth birthday?"

Chuckling Hunter replies, "I believe I've seen you since then Mr. Stonem. But yes, this is probably the first time other than an 'hi' here and there we spoken since." Crap Hunter, why do you have to be so blunt about everything? I think as he continues, "It's a shame though, I've gotten increasingly wittier and I'm quite comical if I do say so myself."  I mentally slap myself in the head as I round the corner and bounce down the stairs while my father laughs. Weird.

"Hi daddy! I didn't know you were coming home tonight.” I say as I come up behind them, making my voice sound extra chipper.

"Oh darling there you are. What’s for dinner? Nothing take out I hope." my father says as he pulls me into a one armed hug.

"We got pizza, but I can whip you up something in a little if you want. Hunter left his phone here so I can get right on that once we find it." I grab Hunter's wrist and tugs him towards the stairs right as Kennedy walks into the room.

I give him a wide-eyed look, and he shrugs to tell me he has no idea why he home.All we hear is “Kennedy my boy still eating fake food for dinner huh?” from my father as we head upstairs.

"Feisty. I'm liking the new EJ." Hunter whispers in my ear as we make our way up to my room. Slapping his arm I whisper for him to shut up or I'll push him down back down to the door. Grinning he repeats, "Yep, defanaly liking the feisty." When I glare at him he laughs and pushes his way in my room. 

"I already checked the bathroom and the bed, but considering it was un-made when we were up here it might be tangled in the sheets and I missed it." Hunter raises an eyebrow at my comment so I add, “Any sex jokes about that and I’m stepping on your phone if we find it.” Smirking he walks to the bed and starts to look through the sheets as I kneel down a look under the bed. 

"On your knees huh EJ? I mean I know you're frisky, but jeez your father is down stairs!" he smirks. 

"Jerk." I say as I get up and push him onto the bed face first and sit on his back.

"Oh man Jay, you got me good. 90 pounds sitting on me. Very painful." He laughs as takes his arm and moves it behind him; knocking me off him, onto my back next to him on the bed. 

Giggling I say, "I weigh more than 90 pounds, idiot."

Grinning Hunter says, "Oh my bad, you're 92 pounds." Which earns him a hit in the stomach. "Ow! I'm not into that S&M shit EJ."

"Shut up!" I say and hit him again.

"EJ, you're fighting with the wrong guy. I get a kick out of hitting people. I just normally do it with my stick..." Hunter says with a wink.

"Ew Hunt!" 

Laughing he says, "Dirty mind you have their missy. I was referring to how I play lacrosse but hey, if you're up for it..." Which earned him another hit in the stomach. " I'm warning you EJ." Hit. "EJ..." Hit. "Last chance..." Pause. Hit. "That's it!" 

He shoots up and grabs my wrists pinning them above my head. Giggling I try and squirm out of his grasp, but he just smirks. "Warned ya doll face."

"Despite what you may think Hunty-poo, you're not as funny as you think." I say playfully kicking him and wiggling around trying to break out of his grip.

When I finally get one hand free, Hunter straddles me, tilts his head and says, "Damn Jay you just don't quit do you?"

Grinning I say, "Never." I try and reach his back, right under his left shoulder blade, the one place he is ticklish. The moment I touch the spot, his face freezes and instantly lets go of my other hand saying he's done. I feel a smile spread across my face, "I'm not."

"EJ don't you even thi--" as i start to tickle him he grabs my hands again, this time he holds them in one  hand in front of him. Wiggling around trying to get out for underneath him I feel something hard against my shoulder. 

"Time out," I say," I think I found your phone." He stares at me for a few seconds, I guess to decided if I'm lying or not. When he seems to believe me he leans forward to reach for it as I am propping myself up on my elbows. 

"Don't have faith in me huh Hunty?" I ask smiling.

"No, I believed you," he starts, " I just was considering kissing you." My jaw must have dropped pretty freaking wide open because I saw red starting to creep up his neck. "I mean, I uh, it’s just that, well Ej, uhm--" 

My bedroom door opened and Kennedy walked in texting, saying, "What's with all the noise you two?" glancing up quickly then back to his phone before looking up sharply. I guess seeing Hunter straddling me, with our faces inches apart, and the look on our faces might understand the "What the fuck are you two doing?!" that Kennedy just asked...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

850K 27.7K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
85K 3.6K 35
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
118K 1.5K 49
Well i mean its just imagines of walker sooooo Also request are open so if you want one just let me know!
130K 10.1K 12
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...