a thousand paper cranes - xia...

By cosmixmars

between two lovers , 999 paper cranes tell their story tw // death , suicide/hanging , blood mention More

.chp1.
.chp2.
.chp3.
.chp4.
.chp5.
.extra.

.chp6.

982 40 78
By cosmixmars

[ tw // death , suicide ]

empty.

empty.

empty.

his heart , once full of love for venti, was now empty. he laid in bed , staring blankly at the walls. tissues littered the floor, as well as food containers from before. turning , he stares at his door , and the white paper bag that hung at the knob.

the paper cranes. what he thought would have been a miracle turned out to be a sham, his wishes unanswered. "remember !! when you fold a thousand cranes , it'll grant you a wish ! in the future , when you're done , let's hang them in our room !" the line venti had said to him replayed over and over , sounding more and more distorted every time. screaming , xiao falls to the floor , laying there as tears rolled down his face.

"why , why , why , WHY-"

"why did you leave me here.."

his voice chokes from the tears , his head pounding.

slowly forcing himself up , he staggers towards the door , grabbing the paper bag and tearing it.

the multicolored cranes scatter to the floor , surrounding him. cupping his hands , he scoops up the cranes , staring at them blankly. tears continue to roll down his face as he walks to grab a needle , thread , tape , glue and a rope.

carefully , he lets go of the cranes onto the floor. sitting on the floor , he starts to thread the needle through the middle of the cranes , a single crane for each length of thread. as he has never done this before , the needle pricks his fingers , staining the cranes with blood. however , he paid it no mind , his mind too numb to feel anything.

the smell of blood soon started to fill the room , the cranes stained with more blood from his pricked fingers. placing the last one into the pile next to him , xiao grabs a stool nearby , and with tape , starts to tape all 999 cranes on the ceiling. as he finishes the last one , he lays on the floor and stares at the ceiling above him. various cranes on different colors hang above him , ranging from reds to purples. closing his eyes , he remembers the argument between him and zhongli.

"you can't do this ! you fucking monster , how DARE you ? and i thought you were FRIENDS."

"shut up , you don't know ANYTHING. he asked me to do this ! this is torture to him. he deserves freedom , xiao. you can't keep on doing this. let him go , it's over."

freedom.

what is freedom?

grabbing the rope , his grip around it grows stronger as he continues thinking.

"xiao , let's grow old together. i love you"

"xiao , look at this ! let's do this in the future together !"

"you'll make the that cake soon , right ? i can't wait !"

...

'i'm sorry.'

grabbing the stool , he stands on it , his hands tying knots around the rope. in his hand held the rope , as well as the thousandth crane. gently holding the crane between his lips , he uses both hands to loop the rope around his ceiling fan.

"huh. i never thought it'd be like this."

without hesitation , he puts his head through the loop and grabs the crane from his lips. looking at it , he sighs , gripping it tight in his fist.

"if only this worked."

looking around him one last time , he laughs. the laugh was hollow , lifeless. kicking away the stool beneath his feet , he falls. as he begins to struggle , he feels the air from his lungs slowly emptying out. letting out a strangled breath, he starts to choke.

"so.. this is what freedom.. feels like"

at last , his breath stops and his grip loosens and as his eyes close , the last paper crane falls the floor ; and like how glass shatters as it hits the floor , xiao's hopes and dreams to share a future with the love of his life were shattered as the crumpled paper crane falls to ground.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
13.1K 611 19
It's easy to generalise everyone's personality when you start at a new school. So who could blame Renjun when he does exactly that? Except, maybe he'...
201K 19.4K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
45.4K 1.2K 50
March 17, 2023.. The day of reckoning that has fallen into this world, whoever created this event surely wants our existence to cease.. I dont know w...