Re:Zero Cast Watching Natsuki...

By GoldenFang17

After being transported into another world, Natsuki Subaru has gone through all kinds of pain and died many t... More

An Unwelcome Chamber
I. The End of the Beginning and Beginning of the End
II. Reunion with The Witch
III. Starting Life from Zero in Another World
IV. Harmony of the Roswaal Mansion
V. The Morning of Our Promise is Still Distant
VI. The Sound of Chains
VII. Natsuki Subaru's RESTART
VIII. I Cried, Cried My Lungs Out, and Stopped Crying
IX. The Meaning of Courage
X. Demoniacally Possessed Methods
XI. Rem
XII. Return to the Capital
XIII. Self-Proclaimed Knight Natsuki Subaru
XIV. The Sickness Called Despair
XV. The Face of Madness
XVI. The Greed of a Pig
XVII. Disgrace in the Extreme
XVIII. From Zero
XIX. Battle Against the White Whale
XX. Wilhelm van Astrea
XXI. A Gamble that Defies Despair
XXII. A Flash of Sloth
XXIII. Nefarious Sloth
XXIV. The Self-Proclaimed Knight and the Greatest Knight
XXV. That's All This Story is About
Into the Future
XXVI. Each One's Promise
XXVII. The Next Location
XXVIII. The Long-Awaited Reunion
XXIX. Parent and Child
XXX. A Step Forward
XXXI. The Maiden's Gospel
XXXII. Friend
XXXIII. The Value of Life
XXXIV. Love Love Love Love Love Love You
XXXV. I know Hell
XXXVII. The Witches' Tea Party
XXXVIII. The Sounds That Make You Want to Cry
XXXIX. Straight Bet.
XL. Otto Suwen/A Reason to Believe
No One Can Lift a Quain Stone Alone

XXXVI. The Taste of Death

8.5K 117 188
By GoldenFang17

Frederica can be seen riding the dragon carriage with Rem and Petra on it as they leave the mansion, per Subaru's request.

"An ironic ending, huh?" Subaru asked. Beatrice grabs her gospel and hugs it.

"Did you get that from your precious book, too? Everything you say, comes from that book. You have no will of your own. That's what you're saying, right?" Subaru added.

"Don't make me repeat myself." Beatrice replied.

"You are really are stubborn. It's gonna be a chore getting you out of here." Subaru said.

"Getting me out? What are you talking about, I suppose? I never asked you to take me from--" Beatrice was stopped by Subaru.

"Is that even possible to make Beatrice-sama herself out of her room and out of the mansion?" Otto asked with a bit confused look on his face.

"Subaru-kun can do it! I believe in him." Rem said.

"You sound like he's gonna make me go out of the mansion so easily, I suppose. Well, he may have done some amazing things against the Witch Cult before, but doing something that is against me will be very difficult, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"Better not estimate Baru, Bea-chan!" Typhon said.

"Bea-chan?" Roswaal asked.

"Looks like you didn't expect to hear that. Isn't everything I do written in that book?" Subaru asked and Beatrice starts to look on the pages of what Subaru said to her.

"Quit clinging to that book. When you're talking to me, look into my eyes, not at some book!"

"N-No!!" Beatrice cried after Subaru yelled and takes the book away from her. He looked at the pages and he was surprised to see that all of the pages on them were empty.

"Empty...?" Emilia asked.

"Wait! Then why is she so worried about it getting read out by Subaru? No, I think there is a different way for her to read the texts to it." Julius said.

"Perhaps it could be true." Wilhelm said.

"What are you trying to hide, Beatrice-chan?" Mildo asked.

"Who gave you permission to call me in such a weird way, I suppose?!" Beatrice angrily asked.

"*sobs* Uwa... Uwaaah!! Mommy!! She made me cry!!" Mildo cried all of a sudden.

"Shut it, Mildo! We are inside the Library!" Lucas warned.

"Yeah, yeah! Enough with the big crying stuff!" Petra added.

"It was some time ago... when that book stopped showing my future. Many years now." Beatrice said.

"You mean, there was really a text that tells about her future but..." Felt uttered.

"It stopped because of what...?" Mimi asked.

"This is strange... From someone who once helped Subaru-kyun in the past before..." Ferris said.

"What kind of secrets we'll get from Beatrice-sama this time...?" Kadomon asked.

"To maintain and curate this library's knowledge is what my contract demands, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"A library of knowledge?" Subaru asked.

"She enjoyed storing up knowledge more than anything else." Beatrice said.

"Beatrice... You're a spirit contracted to Echidna, aren't you?" Subaru asked and he starts looking at the book once again, Echidna, on the other hand, has a gloomy mood on her face after Subaru asked her the question.

"A spirit contracted to... you...?" Rem asked as some were in shock after hearing this. They remembered Beatrice having a contract with Subaru before but they didn't expect her to be linked to the Witch of Greed, who's giving Trials to Emilia to freed the Sanctuary.

"I didn't expect this, Beatrice-sama..." Reinhard said.

"..." Echidna had nothing to say after Subaru asked this question to her.

"You're not gonna say anything to us, Echidna?" Felt asked.

"Huh? Why I would say anything to you? I don't even know what's going on in the future." Echidna said.

"Don't push her to confess anything yet, everyone. Remember, we are watching the future, not the near present. I'm reminding you many times about this." Tanya warned.

"I-I apologize for asking again..." Felt said.

"I know you care on what mischievous deeds I do have settled for Subaru in the future but, I ain't that evil to make him go suffer and use the spirits and people around me to make him suffer." Echidna said.

"Heh. Like you ain't a witch to talk like that." Rem said.

"Lies, Echidna. Lies." Satella mumbled under her breath while cracking her fists.

"H-Hey! Wh-What's with the sensation, Satella-chan?!" Subaru asked.

"Oh, nothing!" Satella winked at Subaru.

"I swear... If she punches Echidna right into the face, she'll break her face into smithereens." Halibel said.

"You were thinking very rude of her, Halibel!" Subaru cried.

"Heh." Halibel scoffed.

"There's nothing written in this book, yet you..." Subaru uttered.

"It was the last thing she told me, I suppose. "One day, that person will appear in the library." My job was to wait for that day. I've been waiting for it all this time. But "that person" never came, and the book didn't tell me who would it be. Time just continued to pass, and then... So... I don't care if you're not "that person." If the one who can finish me, who can bring an end to my contract, who can take my life, is you... I will settle for that, I suppose." Beatrice said with a bawling expression on her face.

"Take your... life...?" Otto asked.

"H-Hey..." Kadomon uttered.

"What is she trying to say...?" Ferris asked.

"Wh-What are you... Are you saying you want to die?" Subaru asked in a horrified look.

"To say I want to die is not strictly accurate. I only want you to free me from the contract that has bound me for eternity, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"How is that any different from wanting to die?!" Subaru yelled and throws the gospel on the floor, scattering all the blank pages away.

"Don't even joke about wanting to die! You can say that to other people, but I won't let you say it to me!" Subaru angrily yelled at Beatrice, disagreeing with what she wants to happen.

"I appreciate your efforts for caring about me, Subaru. But I guess it won't change my fate from happening, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"Now that he has done that in the future, I know he can save Beako from what she's expecting to happen!" Puck said.

"Bubby..." Beatrice uttered in awe.

"He cares for you too, Beatrice, he really does." Emilia said.

"That's a very selfish thing to say. What do you know about me, I suppose? I have lived here in accordance with my contract for 400 long years." Beatrice said as she walks past Subaru.

"Four hundred years?" Subaru asked.

"It never worried me, I suppose. I had the book. So many times, I had dreams of its last page being filled in. Every time someone has laid a hand on that door, my heart has been betrayed, I suppose. As time went by, I realized something." Beatrice said.

"Realized what?" Subaru asked.

"The reason nothing further has been written is because that's where the owner's future ends." Beatrice replied.

"You're wrong! Why do you always jump to your own conclusions like that?! If you wanted someone to do something for you, all you had to do was clearly say so! If you'd just said you wanted help, even I could've..." Subaru cried on Beatrice, worried and devastated by what he heard from the spirit.

"Please do something." Beatrice said while sobbing.

"That's it! Just come right out and ask!" Subaru said.

"Please help me." Beatrice said and holds Subaru's hand.

"If you just reach out your hand, I can--"

"Then... I want you to kill me, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"Beatrice-sama..." Reinhard uttered.

"Wha... What kind of a wish is that?!" Mimi yelled.

"Hey! You're too noisy!" Tivey said.

"Why would you ask for that, Betty?!" Puck asked in shock. Beatrice on the other hand starts to cry and recalls what was said to her master before. And the moment of revelation was finally shown towards everyone.

"You want...to be killed...?" Otto asked.

"How awful..." Carmilla sobbed.

"Of all things you can ask for help, why killing yourself was your only request, Beatrice...?" Emilia asked.

"You don't have anything to say about this, Roswaal?" Crusch asked.

"Hm? If that's what she wants, why don't you just respect her wishes?" Roswaal asked.

"So you don't care about Beatrice, Roswaal?" Emilia asked and everyone had their attention on Roswaal.

"That doesn't mean I don't really care about Beatrice. If she really wants to rest for good, why don't let Subaru-kuuuuun do the work?" Roswaal asked.

"You sound like you don't care at all, Roswaal." Crusch said in disbelief.

"I am just trying not to get in other people's wishes and ruin it." Roswaal said.

"But wanting someone to kill her is an exception?! You're insane, clown! Insane!" Old Man Rom yelled.

"Did you think I had just given up, I suppose?! Are you say you'll pull me out of this darkness that's so deep, I can't see my own outstretched hand in front of me?! If you say you'll do that for me, then why... why... Why did you leave me alone for 400 years?!

You're going to help me? Save me? Then why didn't you do it sooner?! My pleas for help and the salvation I hoped for are wishes that have long since died anyway! If you still say you want to save me..." Beatrice said while crying and tears continue to fall from her eyes.

Some audience were surprised at the emotions Beatrice has shown towards everyone.

"I never realized that she... she does have emotions."

"Me too."

"Didn't expect her to cry all of a sudden. Like from what we saw from before."

"She's just like a brat that wants to end her suffering. Poor little girl..." Some villagers and knights murmured about their reactions to Beatrice.

"Leave her... 400 years ago...?" Priscilla asked.

"Oh? Got interested with it, my lady?" Al asked.

"Of course, not! I'm just trying to fix the puzzle over here on how did he left her 400 years ago and who the hell really that spirit is..." Priscilla said.

"Just say you got interested in it." Al sighed.

"Beatrice-sama..." Reinhard uttered. Beatrice on the other hand now starts to cry as she sees her future self saying what all she wanted to happen in her future and thus, it was the one that she envisioned.

"Sh-She's crying..." Anastasia said.

"Damn..." Ricardo uttered.

"Beatrice..." Puck pats Beatrice's head while she cries at this scene about her future self. Subaru and the others on the ship feel sorry for Beatrice and the sudden display of her emotions, even mostly for others, they thought that she is an emotionless brat.

"What can I do?" Subaru asked.

"Make me... the first. Put me first! Think of me first! Choose me first! Overwrite my contract! Paint it over! Blot it all out and take me from here! Pull me toward you! Hold me!

There's no way you can do that, I suppose. So instead... I want you to destroy this utter failure. Or are you going to be "that person" for me? If you can't, then I want you... to kill me with your own hands, I suppose." Beatrice said while raising her hands towards Subaru as if she wants him to get her. Spirits aren't even capable of dying on their own." Beatrice said.

"Why must it be me?" Subaru asked in disbelief.

"Why, I suppose... I know why. The reason I entrust my end to you is..." Beatrice said but before she can continue, someone interrupted their conversation.

"So sorry to interrupt, but could I become "that person" for you?" Elsa asked as she enters the room and interferes with the conversation.

"Elsa?! When did she...?!" Felt asked in shock.

"Hey! How did she enter the library, Beatrice?!" Emilia asked.

"I... I don't know..." Beatrice replied while wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Hm." Roswaal hummed with a little smile on his face.

"Hey! What's with the look, Roswaal?!" Crusch angrily asked.

"Why are you all always assaulting Roswaal-sama with his simple gazes and hums? You all sound like he is the reason why this all happened." Ram said.

"Sister! You don't know who you are talking to!" Rem warned.

"But Rem! They are always making Roswaal-sama look like he knows everything about what's going on because of his simple and small reactions. And I'm kinda irritated on the way they're observing his actions from here." Ram said.

"Thank you for your concern, Ram. But let these people think whatever they waaaaant." Roswaal said.

"What a dick..." Halibel uttered.

"You're protecting him too much, Ram. I don't know which sides are you in..." Otto said in disappointment.

"Otto, don't make me angry..." Ram uttered.

"And don't choose the wrong decisions as well, Ram. You're better than that..." Otto threatens her and this made her get angrier.

"Who gave you permission to come here, I suppose? This is my forbidden library. No one may enter without permission." Beatrice said.

"The magic you use to isolate spaces uses doors as its medium, does it not? Once I knew that, all I had to do was leave every door open. Simple, no?" Elsa asked and Subaru still couldn't believe that Elsa found them both.

"It did take a little time, but I'm relieved to find you. I'm so glad I managed to do it before Maylie returned from the village." She added.

"How she knows this...?" Puck asked.

"Two things. Either someone informed her about Beatrice's Forbidden Library works, or it's just she used a great common sense in finding them both." Anastasia said.

"If someone informed her, then who could it be?" Tivey asked.

"We don't know..." Hetaro replied while sweating on the scene.

"The village? What the village?" Subaru asked.

"Well, that's where the targets fled to, so we've divided up the work." Elsa replied.

"Divided up?" Subaru asked.

"There are more of them in the village, but the target here is superior. It finally gives me the opportunity to open up a spirit and see inside." Elsa said and licks her lips. Subaru forms his stance on Elsa to protect her.

"You're protecting her?" She asked.

"Damn straight!" Subaru replied in a furious tone.

"You two are so close. How enviable. I'll send you to meet the angels together." Elsa said.

"Sha--

"Shamac." Beatrice unleashes the dark magic that Subaru usually uses and the both of them run away from Elsa.

"What do you plan to do, I suppose?" Beatrice asked while hanging on to Subaru.

"Head for the village!" Subaru replied.

"It won't do any good to go there now." Beatrice said.

"Don't be stupid!" Subaru said. He stopped as he noticed someone waiting at them.

"Oh, it's you two. Whatever are you doing way out here? That Elsa is so sloppy." A kid said to them.

"You... Wait, you're..." Subaru uttered as he tries to remember someone from before.

"I had so much fun when you played with us that day." The purple-haired girl said and a flashback of her with Subaru before in the village was shown.

"Huh!? S-S-She is an enemy?!" Mildo asked loudly.

"A mabeast... user?!" Petra asked.

"Hey, hey, hey! All along, we were playing with an enemy of Subaru-chan! This is unacceptable!" Lucas angrily said.

"Is she... Maylie...?" Dyne asked.

"No way... But why she didn't do anything to close in the barrier before?" Rem asked.

"Perhaps she was letting you guys win that battle before. And come up with another plan that will make her have Elsa on her side." Julius said.

"I didn't expect to see her as an enemy." Ram said.

"You're a mabeast user?!" Subaru asked as the other mabeasts slowly gathered behind the girl.

"I'm Maylie Protroute. Don't call me by such an unappealing name." The girl named Maylie said.

"Maylie..." Petra uttered while they still can't believe that she is also an ally of Elsa.

"The enemy knows how to blend in with everyone, eh? And make sure they won't get caught by their wonderful abilities?" Old Man Rom asked.

"Her abilities ain't wonderful, Old Man!" Kazuma yelled.

"But for villains, it is." Naofumi said.

"Shucks..." Kazuma sighed.

"The village... What did you do to Rem and the others?!" Subaru asked.

"I don't know who this "Rem" is, but I did what I was asked to do. The big maid and the little maid from the mansion... It's a shame the little one turned out to be Petra-chan, though." Maylie said.

"A shame? What are you..." Subaru uttered angrily.

"Don't worry! She was my friend. I made sure it was over in one bite so she wouldn't suffer." Maylie said proudly. Subaru slowly kneels in horror after he heard this and couldn't believe that Petra and the others were killed as well.

"M-M-Maylie... Why...?" Petra uttered while crying.

"I can't forgive you, Maylie!!" Lucas angrily yelled.

"We thought you are our friend, Maylie! But you are one hell of a villain!" Mildo cried.

"I know you kids can't get over her being your enemy. But, slowly accept that she is truly an enemy of your Subaru-Nii-chan, okay?" Ainz said.

"Y-Yeah..." Some kids replied.

"Ainz knows how to calm the kids down." Naofumi said.

"He can be a dad anytime though." Kazuma said with a smug.

"H-Hey! What do you mean by that?!" Ainz cried.

"Damn them..." Ricardo angrily uttered.

"How awful it is..." Wilhelm added.

Beatrice walks forward ahead of Subaru as she will now fight Maylie to protect Subaru.

"What's this? You want to fight me? I hate it when my plans fall apart, you know." Maylie said.

"My condolences, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"So I'll let my partner take care of you, per our agreement to split up the work." Maylie said.

"It wasn't very friendly of you to run away." Elsa said from behind while dashing towards Beatrice but the spirit launched her shards without looking at Elsa from behind and managed to tear a tree down.

"If you think shadow magic can't be used offensively, you're very naïve." Beatrice said.

"What a surprise. I had no idea you could do that. How lovely." Elsa said.

"Minya! Have a good taste of mana arrows of stagnant time, I suppose!" Beatrice said and fires her shards towards Elsa who deflects them one by one.

"One look at an attack like this is enough to--" Elsa stopped when she finds out that her hand got hit by the shard and slowly swallows her hand.

"Well done, Beatrice!" Emilia said.

"She got her!" Otto said.

"Now's not the time to celebrate. You know how pesky Elsa is. And she would do everything to get rid of that." Reinhard said.

"Well, this was a mistake on my part." Elsa said and her hand blew.

"I'm much older than you. Now fall apart where you stand, I suppose." Beatrice said and she finishes Elsa off with her mana arrows.

"Yeah!! She did it!" Otto said and some villagers celebrated.

"She's finally gone for good." Ferris sighed.

"No. Something's wrong in here." Crusch said.

"Hm?" Ferris asked.

"Elsa won't let those attacks get her. If that Monumento of her body was her real body, then why do I feel that she's still alive?" Crusch asked.

"Your intuition is pretty sharp, Crusch-sama. But I guess she's gone for good as you can see from that attack." Ferris said.

"Aw, I guess Elsa really was a fool." Maylie said.

"It's your turn next." Beatrice said.

"Wha-- Hang on! She's just a child!" Subaru stops Beatrice from raising her hand.

"Child or not, an enemy is an enemy, I suppose." Beatrice said.

"But... we should get her to tell us who sent her." Subaru said.

"Sorry, not happening. I'll get in trouble. Not a word out of mine." Maylie hummed.

"But I don't want to see you kill a kid!" Subaru said.

"You're still talking like that..." Beatrice stopped and she pushes Subaru away all of a sudden. Subaru looked at her and he saw Elsa stabbing Beatrice from behind.

"Oh, what a strange feeling. So spirits really are different from the rest of us on the inside." Elsa said and now slowly rips Beatrice's body. Subaru watches the scene with horror as Beatrice gets caught by Elsa.

"No..." Puck uttered as everyone gets stunned by the sequences that happened just now. They all thought Elsa's done for good but she still survived and managed to stab Beatrice from behind.

"How... How did that happen...?" Otto asked.

"So she managed to kill me in the future, I suppose." Beatrice said with a bit disappointing look on her face.

"It's impossible! How did she manage to escape Beatrice's attacks?!" Emilia asked.

"I knew this would happen..." Crusch said.

"What a pity..." Priscilla said while getting disgusted by what's going on.

"Now I... Now I... can finally." Beatrice said slowly as she falls on Subaru and blue waves are now going out of her body from behind. Subaru catches her and slowly covers her wound.

"Wait..." Subaru cried and Beatrice's body can be seen slowly disappearing.

"How... Why?! Elsa!" Subaru yelled and Elsa slashes his temple.

"Subaru!!" Emilia cried.

"No!!" Rem cried.

"Damn her... I hate her." Felt said.

"Now he has to go again and restart, huh?" Garfiel asked.

"Theoretically, yes." Julius said.

"Tch..." Reinhard lowered his head in disappointment.

"Is this as far as I go this time?" Subaru asked.

"I don't like the look in your eyes." Elsa said and gouged Subaru's right eye out and makes him cry in pain.

"Bitch..." Garfiel angrily uttered.

"Screw you! Damn you!!" Minerva angrily yelled.

"Did the kids saw it?" Tanya asked.

"Not anymore." Ainz replied after he dropped blindfolds on the kids' eyes to prevent them from seeing the disgusting scene.

"Gosh, Elsa, you're so cruel. Don't you pity him?" Maylie asked.

"It's the spirit that I pity. Imagine being sacrificed for a boy like him." Elsa said with a disgusted look on Subaru. Beatrice points her hand towards Subaru and a blue light flashes on his stomach and now he wakes up in a different place, which is known to be a cave.

"Where am I..." Subaru uttered. He slowly walks out of the cave with his right eye covered with his cloth and the whole Sanctuary is experiencing winter.

"It's cold in here..." Otto said while looking around.

"What just happened? Did they won?" Typhon asked.

"Who knows..." Sehkmet yawned.

"This isn't funny. How much of this did you foresee, Echidna?" Subaru asked. He enters the Trial room and meets Emilia there.

"Subaru?" Emilia asked.

"Emilia..." Subaru uttered.

"That's right, Subaru. It's me." Emilia said.

"Eh? What a strange expression there, Emilia." Crusch said.

"Wait! She doesn't look like Emilia-sama at all." Rem said.

"Huh?" Emilia asked.

"Emilia-sama never acts like that to someone, especially to Subaru-kun. There's something wrong in here." Rem said.

"Eh? What?!" Otto asked.

"You're saying... She's not Emilia-sama?" Julius asked.

"Huh?!" Otto asked.

Subaru falls into Emilia but she catches his weak and wounded body.

"S-Sorry..." Subaru said. Emilia felt happy and she hugs him.

"Emilia?" Subaru asked.

"I was so lonely... I was so lonely, Subaru. You just went away and left me behind." Emilia said.

"N-No, I didn't... I left a letter... explaining everything." Subaru defended.

"What are you talking about?" Emilia asked.

"Huh?" Subaru asked.

"Hehe! You don't need to make excuses. You've come back to me, after all. You know, I never stopped believing... that you'd come to me. That if I did my best to fulfill my task, you'd come to save me. That's why you've always, always done, right? Subaru, you know... how you always try to touch my hair? I'm returning the favor.

I was so scared. I thought maybe you'd actually gotten sick of me. I thought you'd grown to hate me. So I got scared and came here, but it didn't help at all. So I was really, truly happy when you showed up! Stay with me forever! As long as I have you, I don't need anything else. I'm sorry about everything. I hope you feel the same way about me. Hehe! I love you, Subaru!" Emilia said. Unlike before, she had a bit bigger eyes than Emilia and tilts her head on Subaru.

"Wh-What happened to Emilia-sama...?" Otto asked.

"I don't know. It sounds like not me... at all." Emilia said.

"Her eyes, the aura, the way she talks, it's pretty weird." Rem said.

"Hahaha! No one still realized that it was I, Satella, the Witch of Envy!" Satella proudly laughed.

"You really act differently when you see someone being dumb for a while." Subaru sighed.

"Lame! Just like you in that part!" Halibel yelled.

"I know! So stop reminding me about that!" Subaru cried.

Subaru walks out of the Trial after having a talk with Emilia and is not wearing his tracksuit anymore.

"Hey, what's up with your left eye? Where the hell'd you leave it? And where's the princess?" Garfiel asked as he and Ryuzu were waiting outside.

"If you mean Emilia... she said she loves me." Subaru replied in a weak tone.

"Huh?" Garfiel asked.

"She said she loves me, and as long as she has me, she doesn't need anything else." Subaru replied.

"You bastard..." Garfiel angrily uttered and his fists start to charge up his power.

"With that cute face, in that cute voice, so close that we could've melted together. That's what she said." Subaru said. Garfiel on the other hand slowly transforms since Subaru's acting weird and different.

"You think this is time for--"

"There's no way Emilia would say she loves me! Like there's any chance she'd ever say that. That she doesn't need anything else." Subaru yelled and slowly cries.

"Subaru... Y-You're wrong! I..." Emilia said.

"You what? You can't even admit that you love him! What's with the sudden reaction, half-elf?! Do you want to clean your case here by acting that you love him? Heh, don't make fun of everyone's feelings here, Emilia. It disgusts me." Priscilla said.

"B-But...!" Emilia cried.

"Natsuki-san's mental condition isn't good right now. That Emilia-sama really... No. It wasn't Emilia-sama in the first place. It was..." Otto uttered.

"Satella." Echidna replied.

"Yeah! Satella! She was the one who simps at Subaru too much! Right, right! How I didn't expect that?!" Otto asked.

"Yer act so stupidly, Otto. Shut it." Garfiel said.

"I am not stupid, all right?!" Otto defended.

"Wh-What are you--" Garfiel said and sees Subaru kneeling on the floor.

"If the only Puck was by her side, there's no way she would fall over me like that. Someone pushed her to the point that she had no choice but to rely on me." Subaru said.

"So that's why there's snow everywhere?! Drag the half-witch out here! If ya can't do that--" Garfiel was stopped by Subaru.

"Bring Emilia out here and have her stop the snow? I can't do that." Subaru said.

"Why the hell not?!" Garfiel angrily asked.

"Emilia's not the one who's making it snow. It's someone else." Subaru replied.

"Someone else?!" Garfiel angrily asked.

"Where is Roswaal?" Subaru asked.

"Huh?" Garfiel asked and he quickly realizes the situation. He drops Subaru and starts to gather all the information in his head.

"Getting an answer out of him is the last goal I need to reach in this world." Subaru uttered.

"You did all of the snow, huh...?" Puck asked.

"Oh my, you mustn't accuse me of something that I can't even make. Don't pass the blame to me, Puuuuck." Roswaal said.

"Roswaal..." Puck uttered.

"Maybe he knows how to fix it all!" Mildo said.

"Yeah but... How...? It's already freezing us here." Lucas said as they also feel the same sensation on what they're watching.

"Well, well. What an unusual pair you two make." Roswaal said as the scene shifted to his room.

"You're the one making it snow in the Sanctuary, aren't you, Roswaal?" Subaru asked.

"Subaru-kun, did you hear that from me?" Roswaal asked in a serious look on Subaru and he looks down.

"Hmm... I see. I see. How unfortunate." Roswaal said.

"You're not gonna deny it?!" Garfiel angrily asked.

"I could feign ignorance, but you two clearly have some grounds for asking me this, so I suppose I shall respect that." Roswaal said.

"Hah! Thanks a whole damn lot! Maybe I oughta show a little respect for your stupidity, too!" Garfiel said and starts to engage Roswaal, but Ram interferes.

"I will not allow you to insult Roswaal-sama." Ram defended.

"Typical Ram move there..." Mimi said.

"Protecting the clown too much even if the whole place is already damned, huh?!" Garfiel angrily asked.

"You can't do that to Roswaal-sama. You know that." Ram said.

"You know what?! What is he, a god?! Can't be insulted?!" Garfiel angrily asked.

"Sorry to interfere but, I guess this is the time you'll see some true colors of someone." Tanya said.

"Eh?" Ram asked.

"What are you talking about?" Garfiel asked.

"This is no time for your to butt in!" Garfiel yelled.

"It's you who needs to back off, Garf!" Ram replied.

"I don't wanna have to take this out on you." Garfiel said. All of a sudden, the two got stabbed by Roswaal in one strike by his hand and this made both of them widened their eyes.

"Ram... You truly are an excellent servant." Roswaal said. Garfiel starts to spit blood from his mouth and falls on the floor, clutching his wounded chest.

Everyone was surprised to see Roswaal killing both Ram and Garfiel in a single blow. Ram, on the other hand, couldn't believe what she just saw from her master, the one whom she served the most for the rest of her life, kills her in the future in surprise.

"Sister...! Roswaal-sama... What's the meaning of this...?" Rem asked in horror.

"Roswaal...!" Ferris uttered.

"Hah! Didn't expect that." Priscilla said.

"Ugh..." Al sighed.

"Hey... Hey! What the fuck is that supposed to mean, Roswaal?!" Garfiel angrily asked.

"Now, now. I have my reason to--" Roswaal stopped as Garfiel punched him directly to the face and knocks him down.

"You fucking bastard!! You're a different breed of a monster! We want to know who the hell you are right now!!" Garfiel angrily yelled.

"Roswaal-sama..." Reinhard uttered in shock.

"He..." Julius uttered.

"...killed both of them." Crusch added.

"So you are a member of the Witch Cult now, Roswaal?" Anastasia asked.

"That means... We will bust your head out!!" Ricardo yelled and some men prepared themselves on Roswaal.

"Hold on, hold on! The episode hasn't ended yet and all of you have started to prepare yourselves for war! What did I just tell you?! You aren't allowed to fight or use your magic in this place! Got it?!" Tanya angrily asked.

"Roswaal... Why... Why did you do that...?" Emilia asked.

"I won't let you hurt Lia, Roswaal!" Puck angrily yelled and moves in front of Emilia.

"You're too harsh. Perhaps my future self hasn't shown its true purposes yet. You can wait for the beating later, shall we?" Roswaal asked.

"He talks like he knows what will happen to him after the season." Subaru said.

"If you didn't notice, he was already thinking and analyzing the possible reactions that he may get towards everyone. And, he already knows that his secrets and plans will be exposed through watching. But deep inside, he really hated some scenes that are all about you and Echidna." Satella said.

"Yeah... About us..." Subaru uttered.

"Hmph!" Satella pouted and looked away.

"E-Eh?!" Subaru asked.

"You should learn when's the right time to not react, son." Kenichi laughed.

"This is surprising for you guys but... Just keep watching." Tanya coldly said.

"Ros--" Ram uttered.

"I am a man of my word. I shall offer this soul to you." Roswaal said. He pulls his hand from Ram and lets her fall towards Garfiel who catches her.

"Ros... Ram... Ram... Ram, Ram, Ram... Ram! Ram! Ram!" Garfiel tries to heal Ram with his remaining strength and starts to transform but Roswaal kicks him straight to the face and a huge amount of blood splattered into the walls and Subaru's face.

"The kids..." Naofumi uttered and Kazuma gets the kids' eyes covered already.

"How dare you..." Puck uttered.

"Gar... " Ram uttered on Garfiel of the future who tried to save her but ended up getting killed as well. She slowly puts herself beside him but he pushes her away due to irritation.

"Shut it, Ram..." Garfiel angrily said.

"..." Ram had nothing to say about this and she slowly realizes why this happened in the future.

"I cannot have you transforming here. Now, in accordance with my vow, shall we talk, Natsuki Subaru-kun?" Roswaal said.

"Why did you kill them?" Subaru asked while looking at Ram and Garfiel's corpses with horror.

"They were interfering with our discussion. It was an awful thing to do to Ram, but had I not created an opening, I had little chance of defeating him." Roswaal said.

"You were saying that... You don't even care if she dies with Garfiel?! Roswaal-sama... Why...? Why?!" Rem angrily asked and engages on Roswaal.

"Wha--" Naofumi uttered in shock.

"Rem!" Ram cried. As Rem reaches Roswaal, she slaps him strong enough to the face before she gets knocked out by Tanya who was a little bit too late to stop her from hurting Roswaal.

"I can't let you guys end this just because of a single scene that made you all looked like you lost someone very important to your life." Tanya said. After a few minutes, Rem wakes up and Emilia assists her.

"Huh?" Subaru asked, unsure of his reaction to what happened.

"An unexpected reaction. I have always known you to be the type to blindly fly into a rage in situations such as these." Roswaal said.

"What are you getting at, you bastard? There's no way I'm gonna..." Subaru uttered.

"Let me get away with this?" Roswaal asked while looking at Subaru.

"Stop... Stop looking at me like that! Who the hell are you?! You killed them, you said all that about the witch's cult... You've been dodging me over and over!" Subaru yelled.

"Over and over... Yes, over and over, Subaru-kun." Roswaal said, making Subaru get confused about it.

"Very well. Since you do not understand, I will explain it to you as if I do. You feel no grief over their death. You feel shock and indignation, but no grief. Is that not because you feel that this is something you can undo?" Roswaal asked.

"Don't tell me..." Puck uttered.

"What do you mean, Puck?" Emilia asked.

"Roswaal knows... About Subaru's Return by Death..." Puck replied.

"What?!" Rem asked and everyone was surprised to hear this from Puck.

"Roswaal... How... How did you know about it...?" Crusch angrily asked.

"Yeah! How did you know about his ability?!" Minerva angrily asked.

"If I would say another word about it, our beloved gods would be so disappointed at you all and to me as well for spoiling such important information. Please wait for the right time to know what do I know more about Subaru-kun." Roswaal said with an unusual smile.

"You bastard..." Garfiel angrily uttered.

"How... How do you know this, Roswaal? Even you, too have connections with Satella?!" Ferris asked.

"I won't have any connection with that weird clown. Never." Satella pouted.

"You knew?" Subaru asked.

"Showing you this will most likely be the fastest way to explain. It is not a Gospel. Not one of those defective texts, but the genuine article, of which only two exist." Roswaal said as he shows the same book Beatrice had before.

"A Gospel like Beatrice's?!" Emilia asked.

"Now you have to explain a lot to us Roswaal..." Puck said.

"Haha, fine, fine." Roswaal said.

"Don't give us that calm and assuring look, Roswaal. We couldn't believe that we will discover such a secret that we didn't expect from you. A secret that Subaru-kyun only possesses." Ferris said.

"You have one, too?" Subaru asked.

"It appears I shall not need to explain is in the book or who has the other one. Judging from your expression, I assume Beatrice succeeded in fulfilling her dearest wish to disappear?" Roswaal asked.

"Her dearest wish? That was... Dying like that was her dearest wish?! Is that what you're trying to say?!" Subaru yelled.

"That is what she wanted. I envy her. It would seem that I am incapable of fulfilling my dearest wish." Roswaal said.

"What is it you want to do? Why are you like this?!" Subaru asked while his emotions start to go down.

"I cannot say. I have made a vow of my own. I will, however, say this. I am constantly doing my utmost to fulfill my dearest wish. All of my schemes, my inhumanity, and the assistance and backing I offer are for that purpose." Roswaal said.

"You're following that book, too? Is this snow in the book, too?! Did it tell you to make snowfall?! Why?!" Subaru angrily asked.

"Why else? To isolate Emilia-sama." Roswaal replied.

"To isolate me? B-But why?" Emilia asked.

"And the one who met Subaru before was Satella..." Puck said.

"H-Huh?" Subaru asked in confusion.

"An unseasonal snowstorm where she happens to be, in a place with a deep connection to the witch. Garfiel would condemn her, and the villagers have experience with cold spells. Emilia-sama would then be isolated and become emotionally unstable." Roswaal said.

"Are you..." Subaru uttered.

"And you could never distance yourself from her if she were to lean on you." Roswaal said.

"So that's why you did that to my letter?" Subaru asked.

"Letter? In any case, your current self cannot bring about the future indicated in the text. If there's a discrepancy, it must be corrected." Roswaal said as he starts to walk towards Subaru.

"Are you going to kill me?" Subaru asked.

"Killing you would be putting the cart before the ground dragon. No matter what happens to you, I need you ready to try again at the next opportunity." Roswaal said.

"Huh?" Subaru asked.

"I cannot kill you, but there are other things I can do. Am I wrong?" Roswaal asked as he knocks Subaru down.

"Subaru-kun!!" Rem yelled.

"How... How could this happen...? After all... Roswaal knows about this from the moment... Natsuki-san entered our world...?" Otto asked.

"No..." Carmilla sobbed and hugs Otto who couldn't believe what's going on.

"Considering the future you and I share, this may not be a very smart way to do things. Did I use that right?" Roswaal said and he starts to beat Subaru up.

"Even after all this, you have no mind to start over?" Roswaal asked.

"Roswaal...? You're talking about starting over, but planning what you do to someone based on the assumption that they'll just start over is insane." Subaru uttered. Roswaal looked at the window and he noticed the Great Rabbits waiting outside.

"Crap! They are all here?! And what are those?!" Mildo asked while looking at the window.

"Hey, hey... Not again... Not again that Subaru-kun will die that way again!" Rem cried.

"We can't do anything but to watch them die." Ainz said.

"But...!" Ferris cried.

"Ugh... The only thing we can do is to see them both die again in this way and we all gonna look at their corpses again." Sehkmet said.

"Sending all the kids now to the other world." Kazuma said.

"No! Wait--" Petra and the other kids now teleported into the other world.

"It appears our discussion is over. Goa!" Roswaal burns a leaping Great Rabbit towards him and kills it.

"I see, I see. So this is how it ends." Roswaal said and Subaru gets thrown outside. He noticed the strange noises in front of him and realizes that it is them once again, the Great Rabbit.

"The Great Rabbit? But it's only the second day..." Subaru uttered.

"It is likely due to this snow." Roswaal said.

"Daphne said the Great Rabbit is drawn to large amounts of mana... Roswaal, I'm calling a truce for now. We have to join up with Emilia and get everyone outside!" Subaru said but Roswaal shakes his head.

"And how would we do that? Until the trial is completed, those in the Sanctuary cannot leave the barrier." Roswaal said and advances to the rabbits.

"Roswaal-sama..." Ram uttered in worry, but she couldn't accept what she saw earlier about her getting killed.

"Is he...?" Julius asked.

"Calling a truce for someone who killed us is a stupid move, bastard!" Garfiel yelled.

"Damn it..." Reinhard uttered.

"I'm not finished yet! You might think it can wait until next time, but..." Subaru said.

"You seem to be mistaken about one thing, Subaru-kun. Perhaps you can start over, but I cannot. My present self will end here. But that's fine. Another me, one who is not myself, will be there after you start over. So long as that me fulfills my goal one day, it makes no difference." Roswaal said.

"That's the reason why he's so confident about this. B-But when did you have this kind of ability, Roswaal?" Emilia asked.

"It is a bit complicated for me to explain, Emilia-sama, but I will, soon." Roswaal said.

"Don't talk so casually to Lia, Roswaal..." Puck angrily said.

"That's not how any normal human thinks." Subaru said.

"The day will come when you truly catch up to me. Listen to me, Subaru-kun. There is one thing that is truly, truly the most precious to you. You must get rid of everything but that, and think of nothing but protecting the one most precious thing. By doing that..." Roswaal said as the rabbits starts to bit him from different body parts.

"Roswaal!" Subaru yelled.

"... you can become like me." Roswaal said and ends up getting eaten by the huge number of great rabbits.

"Ros...waal..." Emilia uttered as everyone watches Roswaal die in the mouths of the Great Rabbits.

"Take that! You piece of shit!" Garfiel yelled.

"But how about Natsuki-san?!" Otto asked in a panic.

"Oh, yeah! Subaru-kyun!" Ferris yelled.

A vision of Subaru bleeding can be seen and he finds Satella in the trial room.

"Subaru? It is you, Subaru! Gosh, where have you been? I was so worried. Are you exhausted? Hehe! I see! All right, then. Subaru! Subaru! You like resting your head on my lap, right?" She asked and Subaru rests his head on her lap.

"Subaru, are you sleepy?" Satella asked and creepy footage of himself brutally melted can be seen.

"Don't force yourself. You're always pushing yourself too hard for other people's sake. It gives me mixed feelings. I only want you to push yourself too hard for me. But I wouldn't like a Subaru who never looked at anyone else. I'm sorry. I'm so selfish, aren't I?" Satella asked. Subaru had no response to this and she slowly moves her head to his lips to kiss him and the title, "The Taste of Death" appeared on the screen.

"Wh-What was that...?" Otto asked.

"And the body... Was it..." Ram uttered.

"Satella, so disgusting and selfish as ever." Echidna said with a disgusted reaction.

"Subaru..." Emilia uttered and had an angry reaction to what she just saw now.

"All right, into... the next one..." Tanya said with a creepy look.

"Weird." Naofumi said.

"Uh... Not cool." Ainz added.

"So corny!!" Kazuma yelled from the other world as they gave their reactions to Tanya's acts.

"SHUT UP!!!" Tanya yelled.

"M-My panties!!" Priscilla cried.

To Be Continued...

Another chapter is done! I hope you liked this one as always! Stay safe and have a great day!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 389 21
though we know of Natsuki Subaru we do now he is not the only Natsuki Subaru in the universe. Some are happy though there are some not so much how wi...
7.6K 321 7
[Y/N a player LV 1 a new and unique soul sent in a new world.]
20.3K 600 18
Subaru Emiya-Tohsaka, a magus, was on the hunt after a dead apostle until suddenly being transported to a another world. How will the world and it's...
6.7K 219 37
10.16.20 #1 in Re:zero. Bless all of you & thank you for your support ❀️ 11.14.20 1K VIEWERS (FIRST STORY TO REACH) THANK YOU~ JH #1 in Ram (4/4/21) ...