Harry Potter and Claire Smith...

By MykalaMcGuire

The third book in the series is called Guilty Until Proven Innocent. A mass murderer escapee from Azkaban, Si... More

Mr. Weasley's Wonderful News
The Talk and Egypt
An Interesting Summer
Emotions
Dementors Aren't the Nicest Beings
The Inner Eye and the Hippogriff
The Fender, The Drums, and The Solo
Hogsmeade, Tea, and Conversations
Saxton, Song, Snape, and a Snapped Broom
The Marauder's Map
Crumbling Friendships
The Werewolf's Advice
Dementors and Dates
The Quidditch Cup Final
The Seer's Prediction
Animagi and Boxing Branches
Moony's Tale
The Mask Of Peter Pettigrew
Pettigrew Escapes and Dementors Again
The Time-Turner
Yelling at Boxes
Proof
Summer Plans
Book Four is out!
Rewriting Stories

Kisses, Feuds, Vinyls, and Brooms

277 5 0
By MykalaMcGuire

Chapter 11: Kisses, Feuds, Vinyls, and Brooms

Harry and Claire left Hogsmeade neither one talking to the other. Harry was caught up in his thoughts about what just occurred and Claire knew it would be better for her not to say anything until he cooled down. Once they were in the Gryffindor common room, Claire spoke to him.

"Are you alright, Harry?" Claire asked concerned.

Harry didn't say anything.

"I'll take that as a no," Claire muttered.

A few moments of silence passed until Harry spoke.

"Did you know?" Harry said suddenly, a hint of anger in his tone.

"Know about what exactly?" Claire questioned confused.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," Harry sneered turning to Claire with rage burning green eyes. "I bet you knew all along about Black betraying my parents. I wouldn't be surprised if you helped him get into the castle!"

Claire was taken aback. She felt a mixture of anger and sadness wash over her.

"Are you crazy?" Claire exclaimed in disbelief and outrage. "I would never do let him in the castle! Have you forgotten that he's after me too? I can't believe you would think I would do something like that!"

"Well, I never thought you'd petrify those people and open the chamber of secrets last year, yet you did," Harry said.

Claire couldn't believe her ears.

"Maybe you forgot that tiny little detail about how I was being CONTROLLED!" Claire exclaimed angrily.

Suddenly, the portrait swung open revealing Ron and Hermione. They seemed to feel the tension in the air between Claire and Harry as they were glaring daggers at one another.

"You know what Harry," Claire began. "Talk to me when you actually start making sense!"

Claire stormed out through the portrait leaving Ron and Hermione wondering what they'd missed. As Harry began to calm down, he felt a pang of guilt.

"What happened between you two?" Ron said.

"I said some terrible things and I'm beginning to regret them," Harry muttered.

"What did you say exactly?" Hermione asked.

Harry told them what he'd said.

"I'm so stupid," Harry said.

"Yes, you are," Hermione said looking at him with disapproval. "How could you say such things? Claire would never betray you. And besides Black isn't only after you he's after her too. She wouldn't let Black in the castle. Also, she just found out this year information on her parents. It's obvious that she didn't know anything about Black's connection to your parents until today."

"I didn't mean what I said," Harry replied, "I was just angry that I had to find this out by eavesdropping on a conversation."

"Still, you shouldn't take your anger out on others, Harry," Hermione said. "You could end up hurting people you care about."

"Well, what can I do? Claire's bound to be cross with me now." Harry said.

"Wait for her to calm down," Ron said. "There's no since in trying to talk to her while she's mad. It's like talking to a brick wall."

"Ron's right for a change," Hermione said, ignoring Ron's glare. "Then after she's calmed down talk to her and apologize."

"You make it sound like it'll be easy," Harry muttered.

"Oh, it's definitely not going to be easy," Hermione said bluntly. "But then again that's what you get for snapping at Claire."

"Why don't we go visit Hagrid?" Ron suggested. "By the time we get back, Claire should be in a better mood and then you can apologize to her."

"Ron, he's not suppose to leave the grounds—" Hermione was cut off.

"I've already been off the grounds, Hermione," Harry said, heading towards the portrait. "Besides this way I can ask Hagrid why he never mentioned Black when he told me about my parents."

And with that, the three of them headed to Hagrid's hut. He would get answers about Black and then when he got back he would apologize to Claire. He only hoped that she would forgive him.

Claire roamed the castle. The once empty castle was now filling with students as they came back from Hogsmeade to pack the last of their belongings before leaving later on to go home for the holidays. She was still upset about her fight with Harry. It hurt to know that Harry thought she'd let Black in the castle. Why would she do that when Black was after her to? Not to mention it felt as though Harry didn't trust her.

Now was one of those times where she wished there was a music room at Hogwarts so she could forget about troubling things. Suddenly, a door appeared on one of the walls. Claire was shocked. That door wasn't there a second ago. She thought. I wonder what's behind it. She looked up and down the hallway before opening the door. When she opened the door, she saw a room that had tons of musical instruments. It reminded her alot of the shop near the Weasley's house "Treble and Bass". There were several couches in the room as well.

"Whoa," she breathed.

Claire's eyes landed on one of the guitars. It was a Fender Stratocaster Surf Green electric guitar. She had seen the guitar at "Treble and Bass" and it was her dream guitar. She picked up the guitar and began playing "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica. Claire then began to sing.

So close no matter how far

Couldn't be much more from the heart

Forever trusting who we are

And nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way

Life is ours, we live it our way

All these words I don't just say

And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you

Every day for us something new

Open mind for a different view

And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do

Never cared what they know

And I know

So close no matter how far

Couldn't be much more from the heart

Forever trusting who we are

And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do

Never cared what they know

And I know

Never opened myself this way

Life is ours, we live it our way

All these words I don't just say

And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you

Every day for us something new

Open mind for a different view

And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they say

Never cared for games they play

Never cared for what they do

Never cared for what they know

And I know

So close no matter how far

Couldn't be much more from the heart

Forever trusting who we are

No nothing else matters

As she strummed the last note, she heard clapping. She turned around and saw Jason standing by the door.

"What are you doing here?" Claire questioned as she put the guitar back on the stand.

"I saw you come into the Room of Requirement," Jason answered.

"That's what this room is called?" Claire said.

Jason nodded. "By the way you play really well and you have a beautiful voice."

Claire felt her cheeks heat up a bit. "Thanks. But why did you follow me in here?"

"You looked upset and I wanted to make sure you're alright." Jason said. "Are you alright?"

"Better than I was a few minutes ago," Claire said.

"What happened?" Jason asked.

"It's nothing. Harry and I had a disagreement of sorts," Claire replied.

"What was your disagreement about?" Jason said.

Claire hesitated. She couldn't tell him about Black. "That's not important. He just said some things about something and basically he can't trust me now,"

Claire sat down on the couch.

"That's very specific," Jason said sarcastically joining her on the couch. "What exactly did he say?"

"I can't tell you,"

"Do you not trust me?"

"That's not fair. You can't play that card."

"Well, you aren't telling me the whole story. I thought friends tell each other everything."

Claire sighed. Did she trust him enough to tell him? What if he told everyone? "You have to promise that you won't tell anyone."

He nodded. Claire hesitated at first before telling him the whole story.

"So, Malfoy wasn't joking when he said you were Black's niece." Jason muttered absentmindedly.

"What?" Claire said. "When did Malfoy tell you that?"

"After I stood up for you in the Great Hall," Jason said. "I think he was trying to get me to stay away from you."

So Malfoy did know about Black being her uncle. The question is why hadn't he told anyone else?

"Of course, it didn't work since I'm here right now. I wouldn't care if you were related to Black." Jason said. "And Harry shouldn't've accused you for letting Black in. Why would you do that if Black's after you too?"

"Well, now that I've calmed down, I think he was just pissed off about having to find out this information unintentionally. If we'd've never snuck into Hogsmeade then we would've never found this out. So, I guess he was just taking out his anger on me." Claire said.

"Still, he shouldn't've done that," Jason replied.

A few moments passed.

"Thank you," Jason said.

"Shouldn't I be saying that?" Claire teased. "And why are you saying 'thank you'?"

"For taking a chance on me," Jason said.

Claire's mind drifted off to the valentine she'd gotten last year. Realization rushed over her.

"It was you. You sent me that valentine last year." Claire said.

Claire swore she saw Jason blush slightly.

"Yea," Jason said rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "I hope it wasn't too corny. I just—well like the card said I wanted you to give me a shot."

"To be your friend of course." he added quickly.

Claire smiled. "That was…sweet of you. I'm actually glad I gave you a chance. You're very different from how I imagined you'd be. I guess some people can surprise you."

"Yea, and I'm glad that we're friends," Jason said. "You're not like most girls. I'm lucky to have someone like you in my life."

Then something unexpected happened. Jason kissed Claire on the lips. Claire didn't know how to react. She pulled away from him before the kiss got any deeper. She quickly ran out of the room ignoring Jason calling her name. What the hell just happened? She thought to herself.

"Claire!" Claire turned around drawing her wand.

"Whoa, put that thing down!" It was Fred and George Weasley. They held up their hands defensively.

"Don't sneak up on people!" Claire snapped, putting her wand away.

"What's got you all flustered?" Fred asked curiously, taking in her blushing cheeks.

"I think I know what it was Fred," George gave a sly smile. "We saw her come out of the Room of Requirement and now she's blushing. Not to mention Harry and her were together earlier today. Perhaps they had some private time together in the ROR."

"What?!" Claire exclaimed, blushing even more. "No!"

Fred looked furious. "Where is Harry? We're going to have to straighten him out George! They're only thirteen!"

"You both have it all wrong!" Claire said, trying to prevent them for going after Harry. "I wasn't with Harry in the Room of Requirement. I was…." Claire was debating on whether or not she was going to tell the twins about Jason kissing her.

"You were what?" Fred asked, his eyes still ablaze.

"I was alone. You see, Harry and I sort of had a disagreement when we got back from Hogsmeade. So, I decided to roam the castle to calm my nerves and I stumbled upon the Room of Requirement. I went into it and I stayed there for a while before I left." Claire explained.

"Why did you run out of it though?" George asked.

"I realized that it was getting close to dinner and I wanted to make it to the Great Hall because I was starving," Claire lied.

She hoped they'd believe her lie.

"Oh," George said. Fred seemed to have calmed down but he looked suspiciously at Claire.

"Are you sure that's the real reason?" Fred said, eyeing her with a suspicious eye.

Claire was about to answer when her stomach growled. "Yep. See told you I was hungry."

"Ok," Fred said. "Then I guess George and I will escort you there. Won't we, George?"

"Of course," George agreed.

They offered her each one of their elbows and she took it. She sighed internally with relief. Fred seemed to look as though he wasn't mad a few seconds ago. She hoped neither of the twins would find out about the kiss. Her mind went back to the kiss. Claire couldn't believe Jason kissed her. He didn't seem like he was interested in her that way. He was always saying that he wanted to be her friend and nothing more than that. What would she say when they saw each other again? It would definitely be awkward. Claire was glad when she made it to the Great hall. She noticed that there was barely anyone there.

"Where is everyone?" Claire questioned.

"It's the holidays, remember?" George said.

"Yea, after Hogsmeade everyone boarded the train home for the holidays," Fred said.

"Oh, right," Claire said.

Claire spotted Harry, Ron, and Hermione at the Gryffindor table. She scanned the hall looking to see if Jason was anywhere to be found. He was sitting at the Slytherin table with another Slytherin. She avoided eye contact with him. Claire unhooked her arms from the twins.

"Well, thanks for escorting me here," Claire thanked them. "I'm going to go sit with Harry, Ron, and Hermione."

"It was no problem, milady," The twins said mocking a bow.

"And if you need us to take care of Harry about the fight just let us know," Fred said.

"Will do," Claire left them and headed over to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. In all honesty, she'd forgotten her anger. Harry looked at her apprehensively as she took a seat next to him. She turned towards him. Hermione cleared her throat and Harry swallowed nervously.

"Claire, I'm sor—"

"It's alright, Harry." Claire said, cutting him off. "I forgive you, but if you ever do it again I won't hesitate to hex you into oblivion."

Harry smiled weakly. "I'll hold you to that."

"Hermione, pass the potatoes, please," Claire said.

Hermione handed her the potatoes.

"So, what did you three do?" Claire asked as she scooped some potatoes on her plate.

"We visited Hagrid's and—" Hermione, Harry, and Ron told Claire how when they went to Hagrid's they'd discovered Buckbeak was going to be on trial.

Claire clenched her jaw. "That foul, evil, broom-headed, pureblood bastard—"

"Claire!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Aw, come on, Hermione," Ron complained. "You can't say you don't agree with Claire."

"Of course, I do," Hermione said. "But no matter what she calls him it doesn't change the fact that Buckbeak is going to be on trial."

Claire sighed. "You're right, but what are we going to do? We can't let an innocent creature be killed because Malfoy's father's tucking galleons into the the Ministry's robes. Are we going to help Hagrid with the trial?"

"Yes," Harry said.

"We're planning on researching other cases with hippogriffs. We're going to build Hagrid a strong defense." Hermione explained.

"Then count me in. We're going to make sure Buckbeak isn't convicted." Claire said.

That night in the girls' dormitory Hermione and Claire were getting ready for bed.

"You know," Hermione said suddenly. "Harry felt horrible about the way he treated you earlier. I'm glad you decided to forgive him. And I'm sure he's really happy that you forgave him."

Claire looked over at Hermione who was smiling. There she goes with the weird smile again. Claire thought to herself.

"Well, I can't stay mad at him forever," Claire said. "Besides I'm over it. As long as he doesn't do something like that again to me, I'll be fine. Not to mention that having time to calm down helped a lot to."

"By the way," Hermione began. "Where did you go when you left the common room?"

Claire stopped dead in her tracks. Her mind went back to the kiss with Jason. Should I tell her? Claire thought. Well, if I don't tell her she'll keep nagging me about it. This is Hermione after all.

Claire cleared her throat. "I went to the Room of Requirement."

Hermione's eyes lit up in excitement. "Really? I read all about it in Hogwarts A History. How'd you find it?"

Claire explained how she found it and Hermione seemed to find it interesting. Hermione then told Claire how the Room of Requirement only appears when a person is in great need of it.

"What did you do in there?" Hermione asked.

"Oh, just played some guitars," and kissed a Slytherin no big Claire said in her mind.

"Is that all you did?" Hermione questioned.

Claire hesitated. "N-Yes."

Hermione looked suspiciously at Claire much like Fred had done earlier. "You're lying. What aren't you telling me?"

Claire took a deep breath. "Promise not to tell Ron, Fred, and George. They'd go mad."

"Sure. Now, what happened in the Room of Requirement?"

"Well, I was playing a song on the guitar and when I finished Jason Saxton was clapping. He said he followed me into the room and well we got to talking and I found out he was the one who sent the valentine last year," Claire began.

"Really?" Hermione said. "That's so sweet."

"That's not all though. I told him about, you know," Claire then brought her voice down to a whisper, "Black,"

"What?" Hermione whispered furiously. "Claire, why would you do that?"

"Shh!" Claire said. "It's alright, ok. Apparently, Malfoy had already told him about Black being my uncle after that incident in the Great Hall when Jason stuck up for me."

"Still, that doesn't mean you can trust Saxton. And why are you calling him Jason?" Hermione questioned.

"Well, I'm trying to trust Jason. He's my friend and that's why I call him Jason because that's his name." Claire said.

"Well, what else happened?" Hermione said.

"He…well, he…..hekissedme." Claire said really fast.

"What?" Hermione said confused.

"He kissed me." Claire repeated.

Hermione was silent for a few moments. "Did you enjoy it?"

Claire glared at her. "Really? That's the first thing you ask?"

"Well, did you?" Hermione asked again.

Claire thought about the kiss. Did she enjoy it? She'd never been kissed before so she really didn't know what to say. She remembered that his lips were soft and she remembered it to be awkward.

"I—I don't know, it was my first kiss," Claire answered.

Claire noticed that Hermione seemed relieved.

"That's good," Hermione said.

"Why?" Claire questioned.

"Oh, it's just someone we know would've been upset if you'd enjoyed it," Hermione smiled knowingly.

"Definitely," Claire agreed.

Hermione's eyes grew wide. "You know?"

"Of course, Ron, Fred, and George would've gone berserk if they found out," Claire said.

"Oh," Hermione seemed to be disappointed. "Of course. I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Claire questioned. "You're not going to tell them, are you?"

"No, I said I wouldn't tell them. I think I left something in the common room. I'll be right back." Hermione then headed down to the common room.

Claire raised her eyebrow. She shrugged and crawled into her bed falling fast asleep.

Hermione went down to the common room seeing Harry sitting on the couch alone.

"Harry, I have to tell you something about Claire," Hermione greeted him.

Harry wondered what Hermione was going to say. As Hermione told him about Claire. he'd never imagined that it'd be about Claire kissing Saxton.

"What?!" Harry exclaimed.

"Shh!" Hermione scolded. "You're going to wake the whole house!"

"Who else knows?" Harry whispered.

"Only you and me. And if it's any consolation she didn't enjoy it." Hermione said.

Harry found himself to be elated that Claire didn't enjoy the kiss, although he didn't know why.

"That's good. I—I mean—"

"It's okay, Harry. It's pretty obvious." Hermione said.

"What's obvious?" Harry questioned.

"That you and Claire have feelings for each other," Hermione said as though it were simple.

"What? No, I don't—I mean how could I? We've been best friends since first year and—"

"Harry, you can deny as much as you want but it doesn't change the fact that you like Claire." Hermione said.

Though Harry had been interrogated by the Weasley Twins about liking Claire he still couldn't say his feelings out loud because in truth he really didn't know what to feel. The thought of liking Claire didn't seem to horrible. She was very pretty, not that that mattered to him. She had a nice smile, beautiful eyes and her laugh sent an odd feeling through him and whenever she hugged him he felt a strange rush go through him and—

"Oh, Merlin," Harry couldn't believe it. "I really do like Claire."

Hermione smiled. "Good to see you admitting it."

"But what do I do?" Harry questioned.

"Get Claire to realize her feelings for you," Hermione replied like it was the simplest thing in the world. "Well, it's getting late. Good night, Harry."

Hermione left Harry who was staring deeply into the fire thinking. How in the world was he suppose to do that?

Christmas morning soon came and Claire, Hermione, Ron, and Harry were down in the common room opening their presents. Claire opened her present from Mrs. Weasley. She pulled out a dark green sweater with the letter C in gold on the front. She pulled it over her shirt.

"I love these sweaters. They're perfect for lounging around and doing nothing." Claire said. "I don't see why you hate them, Ron."

"Because I always get maroon and I look stupid in them," Ron muttered, while he pulled his maroon sweater over his head.

"I don't think you look stupid in them," Hermione said, her pinks turning slightly pink.

Claire and Harry noticed Ron's ears turn slightly pink. "Thanks," he muttered.

Claire could've sworn she saw Ron puff out his chest. She rolled her eyes and then continued opening her presents. One of her presents had no name on it or card. It was a rectangular shape and it was thick. She grabbed it and tour open the present. There was box and she opened. Claire's eyes went wide.

"No way!" Claire squealed.

"What?" Ron said looking at her weirdly.

"Shh!" Claire said. "This moment needs complete silence."

Claire pulled out a record player and a vinyl copy of Nevermind by Nirvana. The best part was that it was signed by all the band members. Hermione and Harry looked at it in shock. Ron seemed to be the only one who had no clue what the big deal was.

"You see this?" Claire said. "This is vinyl copy of Nevermind by the muggle band Nirvana and it's signed by the band members. Kurt Cobain touched this. I can't believe it!"

"What?" Ron questioned.

"I'll explain later," Claire said.

"Who sent it to you?" Hermione asked.

"There's no card," Claire said.

Claire noticed one of Harry's presents looked to be a long, thin package.

"What's that Harry?" Claire questioned, pointing to the present.

"Dunno….." Harry ripped the parcel open and gasped as a magnificent, gleaming broomstick rolled out onto the floor. Ron, who had just unwrapped a pair of maroon socks, dropped it on the floor and stared open-mouthed at Harry's gift.

"I don't believe it," Ron said hoarsely.

"What's the big deal?" Hermione questioned.

Claire was staring in awe of the broomstick. "What's the big deal? Hermione this is a Firebolt! It's the fastest broom on the market."

"Not to mention it costs a fortunate. It'd take years before my parents would be able to buy a broom like that," Ron said, his ears turning a bit red.

"Who's it from?" Claire asked Harry. "Is there a card?"

Harry looked for a card. "No."

Hermione frowned. "Don't you find this all a bit suspicious? I mean Firebolts are expensive and that Nirvana vinyl must have been hard to get. Whoever gave it to them should've left a card."

"Who cares?" Ron said impatiently. "Listen, Harry, can I have a go on it? Can I?"

"Me too," Claire said excitedly.

"I don't think anyone should ride that broom just yet!" Hermione said shrilly.

Claire, Harry, and Ron looked at her.

"What d'you think Harry's going to do with it—sweep the floor?" Ron said.

But before Hermione could answer, Crookshanks, who seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, sprang right at Ron's chest.

"GET—HIM—OUT—OF—HERE!" Ron bellowed as Crookshanks's claws ripped at his Weasley sweater and Scabbers, who apparently had been in Ron's pajama pockets, attempted a wild escape over Ron's shoulder. Ron seized Scabbers by the tail and aimed a misjudged kick at Crookshanks that hit one of the legs of the couch, causing Ron to hop up and down howling with pain.

"You'd better take that cat out of here, Hermione," Ron said furiously, sitting on the couch nursing his toe.

Claire noticed Scabbers was on the arm of the couch and Crookshanks was about to pounce on him. Claire grabbed the cat before he sprung on Scabbers.

"Here's your cat Hermione," Claire said handing a hissing Crookshanks to Hermione.

Ron had grabbed Scabbers from the couch.

"He's not looking too good, is he?" Harry said, observing Scabbers who was very skinny and patches of his hair had fallen out.

"It's stress!" Ron said. "He'd be fine if that big stupid furball left him alone!"

Claire disagreed with Ron because she remembered when Ron went to Magical Menagerie for a Rat Tonic that rats only lived three years. Scabbers had lived for twelve and Claire couldn't help but wonder how in the world Scabbers had lived eight years longer than the average rat.

Christmas spirit was definitely thin because of Ron and Hermione's argument that occurred after Ron tried to kick Crookshanks. Hermione and Ron weren't talking to one another and Harry and Claire had to endure the awkwardness during breakfast. By lunchtime, Hermione and Ron actually spoke one or two words to each other that didn't offend one or the other.

"This must be a new record for them," Claire said to Harry.

As they entered the Great Hall for dinner, they spotted a table set for twelve. Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, Sprout, Flitwick, Filch, one extremely nervous-looking first year, and two Slytherins: one of them was Jason Saxton. Claire tried to ignore the glance from Jason. Harry noticed Saxton looking at Claire and tried not to look angry. Dumbledore said Merry Christmas to them. Suddenly, Professor Trelawney came into the hall.

"Sibyll, this is a pleasant surprise!" Dumbledore said, standing up.

"I have been crystal gazing, Headmaster," Professor Trelawney said, in her mistiest, most faraway voice, "and to my astonishment, I saw myself abandoning my solitary dinner and coming to join you. Who am I to refuse the promptings of fate? I at once hastened from my tower, and I do beg you to forgive my lateness…."

"Certainly, certainly," Dumbledore said, his eyes twinkling. "Let me draw you up a chair—"

And he did indeed draw a chair in midair with his wand, which resolved for a few seconds before falling with a thud between Professor Snape and McGonagall. Professor Trelawney, however, did no sit down; her enormous eyes had been roving around the table, and she suddenly uttered a kind of soft scream.

"I dare not, Headmaster! If I join the table, we shall be thirteen! Nothing could be more unlucky! Never forget that when thirteen dine together, the first to rise will be the first to die!"

"We'll risk it, Sibyll," Professor McGonagall said impatiently. "Do sit down, the turkey's getting stone cold."

Professor Trelawney then asked where Professor Lupin was. Professor McGonagall said that Sibyll should already know that since she's a seer. Dumbledore changed the conversation saying that Professor Lupin wasn't in any immediate danger because Snape was making Lupin's potion.

The rest of the dinner, Professor Trelawney behaved almost normally. At least until Harry and Ron got up.

"My dears! Which of you left his seat first? Which?" She shrieked loudly.

"Dunno," Ron said, looking uneasily at Harry.

"I doubt it will make much difference," Professor McGonagall said coldly, "unless a mad axe-man is waiting outside the doors to slaughter the first into the entrance hall."

Even Ron laughed. Professor Trelawney looked highly affronted.

"Coming?" Harry said to Hermione.

"No," Hermione muttered. "I want a quick word with Professor McGonagall."

"Probably trying to see if she can take any more classes," Ron yawned as they made their way to the entrance hall, which was completely devoid of mad axe-man.

"She's already taking all of them." Claire said.

When they reached the portrait hole, they found Sir Cadogan enjoying a Christmas party with a couple of monks, several previous headmasters of Hogwarts, and his fat pony. Sir Cadogan caught sight of Claire.

"Fair Maiden—hic—Merry—hic—Christmas! I—hic—have a—song—hic—for you!" he slurred.

"That's nice," Claire said politely. "but you see we have something important to do—"

"I think we have time to hear the song," Ron teased.

Claire stomped on Ron's foot.

"OW! Bloody hell!" Ron exclaimed hopping up and down on his foot.

"Oh, sorry Ron, you see, Sir Cadogan, Ron's hurt his foot and he needs to sit down," Claire said.

"Alright—hic—another time—hic—Password?"

"Scurvy cur," Claire said.

"And the same to you, fair maiden?" Sir Cadogan roared as the painting swung forward to admit them.

Claire and Ron sat down in the common room while Harry went to get his broom. Ron was still rubbing his swore foot glaring at Claire.

"What did you do that for?" Ron glared at her.

"Had to find some excuse to not hear his song," Claire said.

Harry soon came down with his Firebolt. Ron and Harry looked at the Firebolt in amazement. Soon, the portrait swung open revealing Hermione and Professor McGonagall.

"So that's it, is it?" Professor McGonagall said beadily, walking over to Ron and Harry who were admiring the broom. "Miss Granger has informed me that you have been sent a broomstick, Potter."

Claire, Ron, and Harry looked around at Hermione. They could see her forehead reddening over the top of her book, which was upside down.

"May I?" Professor McGonagall said, but she didn't wait for an answer before pulling the Firebolt out of their hands. She examined it carefully from handle to twig-ends. "Hmm. And there was no note at all, Potter? No card? No message of any kind?"

"No," Harry said blankly.

"I see…"Professor McGonagall said, she then turned to Claire. "Miss Granger said you also recieved a Christmas gift that had no card, note, or any message of any kind. Would you bring it to me, Miss Smith?"

Claire couldn't really say no. She went up to her dorm and came back with the vinyl and record player.

"Well, I'm afraid I will have to take these, Potter, Smith. It will need to be checked for jinxes. Of course, I'm no expert, but I daresay Madam Hooch and Professor Flitwick will strip it down—"

"Strip it down?" Ron repeated, as though Professor McGonagall was mad.

"It shouldn't take more than a few weeks," Professor McGonagall said. "You will have it back if we are sure it is jinx-free."

"There's nothing wrong with it!" Harry said, his voice shaking slightly.

"Yes, honestly, Professor—" Claire was cut off.

"You can't know that, Potter, Smith," Professor McGonagall said, quite kindly, "not until you've tested them and I'm afraid that is out of the question until we are certain that it has not been tampered with. I shall keep you informed."

Harry and Claire stood in shock staring as Professor McGonagall left with Harry's Firebolt and Claire's vinyl and record player. However, Ron rounded on Hermione.

"What did you go running to Professor McGonagall for?"

Hermione threw her book aside. She was still pink in the face, but stood up and faced Ron defiantly.

"Because I thought—and Professor McGonagall agrees with me—that that broom and vinyl and record player were probably sent to Harry and Claire by Sirius Black!"

So, you all just experienced Claire's first kiss? What do you think about that? How do you think Claire's going to react when she sees Jason again? How about Harry's reaction to Claire kissing Saxton? He's finally admitted his feelings. When do you think Claire will? A lot happened in this chapter: Claire and Harry fight, Claire's first kiss, Harry admitting his feelings to Claire, and the anonymous Christmas presents. Did you enjoy it? My favorite parts were Sir Cadogan trying to sing to Claire and Fred and George finding Claire after she kissed Jason. As for the song Claire sings "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica I picture her voice sounding like Lissie. Listen to Lissie's cover of "Nothing Else Matters" and that's how Claire's sings/plays guitar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 1.4K 25
Book cover by @DawnXx :) Amie's in for her third year at Hogwarts with her best friends Hermione, Harry and Ron. This year, a prisoner has escaped fr...
1.6K 22 26
Anne and her friends return for their third year at Hogwarts. However, they are being terrorized by the threat of escaped prisoner Sirius Black, whom...
32.8K 1.4K 12
*FULL SERIES COMPLETE* This is book 3 of the Draco Malfoy Series. I highly suggest that you read the first two before this one. Draco is back for his...
234K 9.2K 37
ALULA (VOL. 1) How small the light seems that shines so bright. Alula Nova Black is about to cross a sea to a land of sights and people she has never...