Harry Potter and Claire Smith...

由 MykalaMcGuire

The third book in the series is called Guilty Until Proven Innocent. A mass murderer escapee from Azkaban, Si... 更多

Mr. Weasley's Wonderful News
The Talk and Egypt
An Interesting Summer
Dementors Aren't the Nicest Beings
The Inner Eye and the Hippogriff
The Fender, The Drums, and The Solo
Hogsmeade, Tea, and Conversations
Saxton, Song, Snape, and a Snapped Broom
The Marauder's Map
Kisses, Feuds, Vinyls, and Brooms
Crumbling Friendships
The Werewolf's Advice
Dementors and Dates
The Quidditch Cup Final
The Seer's Prediction
Animagi and Boxing Branches
Moony's Tale
The Mask Of Peter Pettigrew
Pettigrew Escapes and Dementors Again
The Time-Turner
Yelling at Boxes
Proof
Summer Plans
Book Four is out!
Rewriting Stories

Emotions

272 10 3
由 MykalaMcGuire

Chapter 4: Emotions

Claire, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were sitting in the Leaky Cauldron as Harry told them about his aunt.

"Why in Merlin's name would you blow up your aunt, Harry?" Hermione said.

"It's not like I meant to do it," Harry said. "Though she did deserve it."

"She must of really irked your nerve for you to blow her up." Claire said.

"She did," Harry replied. "She was badmouthing my parents."

"Honestly, I'm amazed you weren't expelled Harry." Hermione said.

"So am I," Harry admitted. "Forget expelled, I thought I was going to be arrested." He looked at Ron. "Your dad doesn't know why Fudge let me off, does he?"

"Probably, 'cause it's you, isn't it?" Ron shrugged. "Famous Harry Potter and all that. I'd hate to see what the Ministry'd do to me if I blew up an aunt. Mind you, they'd have to dig me up first, because Mum would've killed me. Anyway, you can ask Dad yourself this evening."

"Have you got your new school supplies?" Hermione asked.

"Yea," Harry answered. "You?"

Claire nodded. "We went shopping earlier this week."

"I got a new wand, by the way," Ron said, pulling out his new wand from his pocket. "Brand-new wand. Fourteen inches, willow, containing one unicorn tail-hair."

"Did you see the Monster Book?" Claire asked. "When we asked the manager at Flourish and Blotts about them, he looked as though he were about to cry. Those books look like something Hagrid would give to us for a gift."

"By the way Hermione, why did you buy so many books?" Ron asked, remembering that Hermione had bought three bulging bags full of books.

"Well, I'm taking more new subjects than you, aren't I?" Hermione said, "Those are my books for Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, the Study of Ancient Runes, Muggles Studies-"

"Muggle Studies?" Claire questioned. "You do realize that you're a muggleborn, right?"

"Of course, I do," Hermione said, earnestly. "But it'll be fascinating to study them from the wizarding point of view,"

"Are you planning to eat or sleep at all this year, Hermione?" Harry asked.

Hermione ignored them. Suddenly, they heard a hissing and squeaking noise. Hermione's cat, Crookshanks and Ron's rat, Scabbers, ran out from underneath the table they were sitting at, Crookshanks chasing Scabbers.

"Scabbers!" Ron exclaimed, grabbing his rat.

"Crookshanks! No! Bad cat!" Hermione scolded the cat as she caught him.

"Bloody hell, Hermione! Keep an eye on that bloody monster away!" Ron yelled at her.

"Maybe you should keep an eye on your bloody monster!" Hermione snapped at him.

"Enough!" Claire exclaimed, stepping between the two. "Both of you should be keeping an eye on your pets! Now, I want you both to stop arguing! That's all you two've been doing since day one and frankly it's getting annoying! If you're just going to have a yelling match then go do it somewhere else."

Hermione and Ron still glared at each other, but then they both headed upstairs, slamming their doors to the room.

"Or you can go to your rooms, I guess," Claire muttered, sitting back down in front of Harry.

"Since when does Hermione have a cat?" Harry asked.

"She got the cat earlier this week. Ever since then it's been trying to eat Ron's rat and the two have been fighting over it non-stop." Claire explained. "I don't know what Ron expects though. Cats eat rats and as much as Hermione tries to prevent Crookshanks from going after his rat, you can never truly stop it because that's their feline instinct."

"Well, Hermione could've bought a different animal than a cat knowing Ron has a rat," Harry said.

"That's true, but Hermione has the right to buy whatever animal she wants," Claire replied.

Claire and Harry talked about their summer to each other. Harry didn't have much to say about his seeing as he was stuck at the Dursley's house the whole time.

"How was Egypt?" Harry asked.

"It was really cool and-oh, that reminds me! I forgot to give you and Hermione your souvenirs from Egypt!" Claire said, reaching into her pocket.

"It's fine, Claire, really," Harry said.

But Claire ignored him and pulled out a necklace.

"I hope it's not too girly," Claire said, apprehensively. "It's the Eye of Horus and the Egyptians used it as a symbol of protection. I thought it'd be appropriate seeing as all the danger you get yourself in."

Harry examined the necklace. It was a light gold color. There was a red stone to represent the eye. It wasn't girly in any way.

"I think it's manly-ish enough," Harry said.

"That's not even a word." Claire laughed.

Harry shrugged. "I don't have anything for you, though."

Claire rolled her eyes. "It's completely fine and I don't expect you to. So, do you like it? I mean you don't have to wear it you could carry it in your pocket or for all I care you can just throw it in your trunk if you don't like it."

"No, I like it," Harry replied. "Thanks, Claire."

"No problem, Harry," Claire said. "We should probably go check on Hermione and Ron to make sure they haven't killed each other."

By dinnertime Hermione and Ron were acting civil towards one another. Claire, Harry, Hermione, and Ron came downstairs for dinner and sat at one of the tables. Ron pulled out a newspaper clipping.

"Did I show you this, Harry?" Ron said.

Harry examined the photo. It was a photo of the whole Weasley family as well as Claire, who stuck out in the family of redheads, in front of the Great Pyramid.

"Not flashing that clipping again, are you, Ron?" George said as he, his twin, Ginny, and Percy came over and sat with them.

"I haven't shown anyone!" Ron said defensively.

Claire scoffed. "Sure, you haven't."

"Unless you count Tom. The day maid. The night maid. The cook. The bloke that came to fix the toilet. That wizard from Belgium…" Fred said.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley came over at this moment and spotted Harry.

"It's good to see you, Harry." Mrs. Weasley smiled warmly at him hugging him.

"Good to see you too, Mrs. Weasley." Harry smiled back.

"Harry," Mr. Weasley greeted him. "I wonder if I might have a word."

"Of course, Mr. Weasley," Mr. Weasley pulled Harry away from the others.

"George's nose looks positively massive in that photograph." Fred said looking at the clipping.

"That's your nose, Fred." Claire said.

"Bloody hell. It is, isn't it?" Fred said in shock. "Take after your side of the family, don't I, Mum?"

"You definitely stand out in the photo, Claire." Ginny stated.

"Well, she is the only one with brown hair in the midst of us gingers." George said.

"What do you think your father's telling Harry?" Hermione asked Ron.

Ron shrugged. "Not sure."

Claire was pretty sure Mr. Weasley was telling Harry about Sirius Black. Harry soon came back and sat down at the table.

"What was that all about?" Ron asked.

"I'll tell you later." Harry said.

As they ate, Fred asked his parents how they were going to get to King's Cross tomorrow.

"The Ministry's providing of a couple of cars," Mr. Weasley said.

Everyone looked up at him.

"Why?" Percy said curiously.

"It's because of you, Perce," George said curiously. "And there'll be little flags on the hoods, with HB on them-"

"-for Humongous Bighead," Fred said.

Everyone except Percy and Mrs. Weasley snorted into their pudding.

"Why are the Ministry providing cars, Father?" Percy asked again, in a dignified voice.

"Well, as we haven't got one anymore," Mr. Weasley said, "-and as I work there, they're doing me a favor-"

His voice was casual, but Claire could tell that Mr. Weasley wasn't being entirely honest.

"Good thing, too," Mrs. Weasley said briskly. "Do you realize how much luggage you've all got between you? A nice sight you'd be on the Muggle Underground….You are all packed, aren't you?"

"Ron hasn't put all his new things in his trunk yet," Percy said, in a long-suffering voice. "He's dumped them on my bed."

"Then after dinner you'd better go and pack your trunk because we won't have time in the morning," Mrs. Weasley called down the table. Ron scowled at Percy.

After dinner, Harry went over to Claire.

"Claire, can I talk with you for a moment?" Harry asked, sitting next to her.

"Does it have to do with your talk with Mr. Weasley?" Claire asked.

Harry nodded. "He, um, told me, about you know,"

"Sirius Black being my uncle. Yea, isn't it great? I find out I have a uncle and he's a murderer who escaped from Azkaban and is after me. I have the best luck." Claire replied sarcastically.

"Yea, well, you're not the only one he's after." Harry said.

"What?!" Claire said in shock. "Why?"

"Yea, he's after me too, apparently." Harry replied. "He was a servant to Voldemort and when I defeated him as a baby, Mr. Weasley said Black lost everything. Black thinks I'm the only thing preventing Voldemort from returning to power."

Claire took in the information. "That's-"

They were interrupted by Fred and George sitting in front of them at the table.

"Oh, were we-." Fred began.

"-interrupting something?" George finished.

"No," Harry said.

Claire had a bad feeling that Fred and George were going to do something.

"Good. Actually, Harry, George and I wanted to talk to you about something." Fred began.

"Sure, what is it?" Harry asked.

Claire seemed to figure out what was about to happen. "I swear to Merlin, Fred, if you're about to do what I think you are, don't. I already told you that you're wrong."

"I believe you weren't included in this conversation, Claire." Fred said.

"Well, I'm including myself. Especially, when it concerns-"

"Claire!" Mrs. Weasley yelled from the top of the stairs. "You didn't pack your trunk! Come and pack it right this instant!"

"What?" Claire said. "But I did pack-"

Claire noticed Fred and George were smirking which meant that they probably had undid her packed trunk to get her to leave so they could talk to Harry. She narrowed her eyes at them. Before she could say anything, Mrs. Weasley shouted from upstairs again, making them all jump in surprise.

"CLAIRE CELESTINE SMITH! GET UP HERE AND PACK YOUR TRUNK RIGHT NOW!"

"You'd better go," George said smirking.

"Yea, you don't want to make her more angry." Fred said.

Claire glared at them before trudging upstairs. When Claire was gone, Fred and George turned to Harry.

"What was that all about?" Harry questioned, confused.

"Do you like Claire?" Fred said quickly.

"Wh-what?" Harry questioned surprised by the question.

"Do you like Claire?" Fred repeated, this time with a stern look on his face.

"I mean, I am friends with her," Harry replied awkwardly. "I don't think I'd be her friend if I didn't like her."

"No," George said. "We mean do you like her more than a friend?"

"You mean like a sister?" Harry asked, clueless.

Fred and George groaned in annoyance.

"Kids today so oblivious." Fred sighed.

Suddenly, it clicked in Harry's mind.

"Do you mean if I like like Claire?" Harry questioned.

"Yes," the twins replied in unison.

"No," Harry hesitated. "She's just my fr-"

Fred interrupted him. "As her honorary brothers, we have to set some ground rules. Rule Number 1: If you hurt her, we hurt you. Just because you vanquished You-Know-Who doesn't mean that you'll stand a chance against us. Rule Number 2-"

Just then they were interrupted by Ron.

"There you are, Harry," Ron said. "You coming upstairs?"

"Yea," Harry said, practically jumping up from his seat. "Nice talking to you two." he said to Fred and George as he followed Ron upstairs.

"What were you talking about with Fred and George?" Ron asked.

Ron noticed Harry seemed a bit uncomfortable. "Um, they seem to think I like Claire."

"You what?" Ron said in shock.

"I don't though." Harry added quickly.

"Oh, good," Ron said.

"There you two are," Mrs. Weasley said. "Early morning. Time for bed. Now!"

"But-" Ron began.

"Ronald Weasley, I am your mother! You will listen to me!" Mrs. Weasley said.

"Yes, mum," Ron said.

Harry and Ron went to their room. As Harry went to sleep he began to think about the conversation he had with Fred and George. Why did he hesitate when they asked him if he liked liked Claire? Did he like Claire? Sure, she was a great person with a nice smile and laugh, and beautiful eyes- wait what? Did I just say her eyes were beautiful? Harry thought to himself. He shook the thought away. No, I just see her as a friend. Harry thought. He fell asleep contemplating his feelings for Claire.

Harry's developing feelings for Claire, or at least realizing/denying his feelings for her. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll be posting another chapter this weekend hopefully. It'll be the train ride to Hogwarts with Dementors and Claire and Harry telling Ron and Hermione about Sirius Black. Also, if you have any suggestions about Claire's boggart or something that I could add or improve on with the story just post it in the review section. Thank you for supporting this story!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

9.3K 310 17
[Book 3] The story follows Anna's third year at Hogwarts and her quest to uncover the truth about her past, including the connection recently-escaped...
6.2K 159 15
Follow Claire Smith (daughter of a Time Lord named the Doctor and Sirius Black's twin sister Carina Black) as she attends Hogwarts and becomes friend...
32.8K 1.4K 12
*FULL SERIES COMPLETE* This is book 3 of the Draco Malfoy Series. I highly suggest that you read the first two before this one. Draco is back for his...
41.6K 1.1K 18
Hermione and Harry learn they have grown to have feelings for each other during their third year and the pair must learn to face Boggarts, Dementors...