let me be the fire that sets...

By idktfiamdoin

rengokuXOC sen was something that shouldn't have hapened, due to the unfortunate circumstances of her birth s... More

prologue
ch 1
ch 2 a new begining
ch3 the demon slayer corps
ch4 hashira
ch5 a new member
ch 6 first mission
ch7 tamayo san im back
ch8
ch9
ch10 tanjiro
ch11 tanjiro 2
ch12 a realization
ch13 a small sacrafice for you
ch14 thank you
ch15 a long awaited break
ch16 acceptance
ch17 mitsuri
ch18 a flutter of feelings
ch19 flamboyant
ch20 a nights passion
ch21 part 2
ch22 a troublesome head
ch23
ch24 im back and gone
ch25 i miss you
ch26 be mine
ch27 pure happiness
ch28
ch29 i hate you i love you
ch30 countdown
extra
ch31 muzan
ch32 come back please
ch33 i found you
ch34 back home
ch35
ch36 the hidden village
ch37 eternal promise
ch38 pillar training
ch39 bound to you forever
ch40 an unexpected life
ch41 is this the only way
extra
ch42 the end is near
ch40 please let me
ch42 human again
ch43 my sweet
ch44 a request
ch45 denial
ch46 one last visit
ch47
ch48 last breath
contents of the letters
extra

ch49 we meet again

405 9 2
By idktfiamdoin

sen father:" is that a crow carrying a letter?, hold up WAIT ITS COMMING FOR ME"

crow:" letter letter from rengoku sennnnn"

sen father:" eh? sen?"

he read the letter and before he could process what it had said he fell to the ground and started yelling. grieving for the daughter that he had lost once again, he thanked the crow for sending him the letter before it flew once again and headed towards the village of shinobi where uzui resided. suma who had received the letter read it and screamed at the news.

uzui:" SUMA WHATS WRONG?"

suma:" TENGEN SAN SEN SAN IS DEAD"

uzui:" what?"

makio and hinatsuru were shocked and they both croweded around uzui trying to read the letter. they all slapped their mouths in the unexpected news and grieved for her.

uzui:" girls we're going to the rengoku estate we shall flamboyantly carry out her will"

the girls:" YES!"

*******

yushiro:" hah a letter is this what she has been doing instead of resting? that dumbass"

at first he refused to read it out of annoyment, he kept on looking back at the letter that he had set aside andeventually gave in, he frowned at the content upon reading and clenched his jaw,

yushiro:" that fool"

he set the letter on a table next to tamayo's hairpin and prepared to head out.

tanjiro's crow then returned to him, carrying letters that he didn't know about. tanjiro who had a sullen expression looked up and noticed the crow.

tanjiro:" there's still more letters? did you not find everyone?"

crow:" caw caw its for you and those 3 brats"

he grabbed the letters and called everyone together, reading the letters she wrote for them admits her death. with tears dripping down their faces they tried to smile for her.

zenitsu:" isnt this supposed to be a heartwarming letter to me hic.. hic WHY IS SHE DISSING ME"

he said crying profusely. tanjiro and nezuko tightly held the letter, inosuke who couldn't read asked tanjiro for help. he listend to him read her last words to him while biting his head.

tanjiro:" lets all grant her wishes and be happy alright? hic... after all we cant let her down"

*******

the last 3 letters were then delivered right back to their home, first one was dedicated to senjuro and shinjuro the second to kyoujurou and the third was for her daughter kyouka.

shinjuro passed the letter to senjuro who had been trying to comfort his brother, he read the letter out loud to his father who was standing outside trying to calm himself. the words that she had left for him didnt help but only made him more emotional than he already was along with senjuro.

the crow handed the letter to kyoujurou who struggled to read the letter with tears covering his vision, looking at her motionless body that had been covered by a white cloth. he shakily read the letter and held it close to his heart, and wept. that day many tears fell from the faces of her friends.

16 years later

kyouka pov

kyouka:" ne senjuro is father reading mothers letter again? he always does that on her anniversary"

senjuro:" well kyouka my brother loved your mother very dearly so its only natural"

kyouka:" hmm? i barely remember her i only remember the song she sang once before its the same one father always hums right?"

senjuro:" yes its a song she always sang to you and your father"

kyouka:" senjuro can you tell me more about her? i didnt have the courage to ask about her before but im getting really curious"

senjuro smiled gently and looked up to the blue sky.

senjuro:" i think that is something you should ask your father"

kyoujurou who was around the corner overheard them talking and decided to join, kyoujurou who was in his late 30s had started to resemble shinjuro more.

kyoujurou:" oh kyouka senjuro"

kyouka and senjuro turned to look at kyoujurou who was standing there with a bundle in his hand, kyouka jumped up cheerfully and gave kyoujurou a hug.

kyouka:" papa! ne tell me about mother"

his eyes widened and smiled before patting her head.

kyoujurou:" humu thats what i came here for, how time passes before i knew it you're already almost as tall as her"

kyouka:" like mother?"

kyoujurou:" yes, your mother was a very strong and loving woman"

he sat down by the porch and handed her the bundle he held and within it a picture of sen that uzui took of her when she was holding baby kyouka was revealed.

kyouka:" is that her? mother is so pretty is that me in the picture"

kyoujurou:" yes thats a few days after you were born"

kyouka:" how did you two meet?"

kyoujurou:" your mother and i met during dangerous times and went through many battles"

he started to tell her the story of how they met, starting from the forest to their meeting in the corps all the way until the day of the last fight.

kyouka:" mmmm papa you and everyone always mentions about these demons did they really exist was mother really one as well?"

senjuro:" of course i remember worrying about them all the time"

kyouka:" i see does that mean mother and papa were both strong you said you two were a hashira right along with uncle uzui"

kyoujurou:" yes, uzui was the sound pillar your mother was the soul pillar me and your grandpa were flame pillars"

kyouka:" grandpa too?!?"

he laughed before handing her another bundle.

kyoujurou:"here's more pictures of her and also a letter she wrote for you i think its a good time to give it to you"

she opened the old bundle gently revealing pictures of sen, from her in a uniform training, to her during the pillar training session yelling at the members, the red light district pictures, and her injured fighting from a mission, kyouka intensely stared at the pictures and felt as if she had become closer to her a mother she had almost forgotten and admired her. lastly she read the letter that was at the bottom of the pile, the handwriting was shakey showing how much she struggled and yet she still wrote her a letter. she could feel the kindness and love from her reminding her of a memory of sen holding her as a child, and tears began to form. kyoujurou patted her head and comforted her.

kyouka:" papa... i want to learn mothers swordsmanship"

kyoujurou's eyes widened at her request before replying.

kyoujurou:" how about flame breathing instead? your mother unfortunately took all her skills with her without any remains"

kyouka pouted and agreed.

50 years later

kyoujurou pov

i was on my death bed with kyouka next to me as she cried, just like i did when sen left us on that day.

kyoujurou:" dont be sad kyouka you still have your husband and kids with you"

kyouka:"but father!"

i smiled

kyoujurou:" your mother would've been very proud and happy she always wanted to see you grow up ill make sure to tell her all about you"

she stayed silent and kept on crying. i raised my weak arm to give her one last pat on the head, i grinned remembering the day i woke up from my coma after the confrontation with akaza and i had been weak just like i am now with sen by my side.

kyoujurou:" ill finally be able to see your mother again"

i said before taking my last breath and closed my eyes, it was a peaceful death without pain.
i started to smell a familiar scent of flowers "aren't i dead?" i opened my eyes to see a beautiful vast field with flowers by myself. "is this the afterlife? i dont see sen here"
i smiled in disappointment she must've reincarnated by now, it has been quite a long time i shut my eyes and smiled taking in the serene breeze, when i suddenly heard

"kyoujurou dear"

my eyes shot open and i sat up and turned around, my eyes widened to see the person who i missed so much standing there with her arms open. tears started to cascade my eyes as i ran towards her giving her the biggest hug.

kyoujurou:" i missed you so much im sorry for making you wait do long i thought you had left"

sen:" mhmmm"

she shook her head

sen:" you should've took longer i was willing to wait however long i promised remember?"

kyoujurou:"did i do a good job? was i able to be a good father like you hoped"

sen:"yes you were a great father im sorry i left you so soon"

i cried in the warmth of her arms as she patted my head, a feeling that i missed so much.

kyoujurou:" i promise that when we reincarnate ill make sure to find you and marry you again"

sen:" yes this time dont make me wait so long"

i smiled our fingers intertwined with as we walked into our next life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.9K 1.2K 24
โš ๏ธNSFWโš ๏ธ "๐ˆ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ˆ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ...
133K 3K 49
For ages true demons have lived to serve and protect,but due to some demon to broke a taboo y/n is forced to have a side job.She then will meet the h...
232K 4.8K 27
You became a pillar way before tanjiro and Giyu met, so this was like basically the beginning in the demon slayer anime/manga. You are the blood pi...
307 9 10
Renaeรจ a young girl who have amnesia have troubled remembering her past after she was experimented on as a young girl, she managed to escape and was...