From Strangers to Partners

By anamika200

What happens when destiny hitches the good looking, nerdy bad boy with the sweet and shy, keeping her head lo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
#PLEASE READ#
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 8

6.9K 298 5
By anamika200

Samyra's POV:

"Oh my god! This is so pretty. If only I could live here." I look around in awe at the vast stretched lake, the mountains around.

"I think you should settle down quietly or because of you the shikara might topple, making us all fall in this freezing water. We wouldn't want that now, would we?"

"Yes, dad! You are no fun." I poke my tongue at the idiot husband of mine before sitting down and letting a huff out in anger which came out as fog due to our wintry surroundings.

So, we are currently in Kashmir. After another month when dad was too much on our case, we finally decided to plan some trip. Since we had to go for a short trip, we decided why not come here and get some relief from the scorching heat and look at the place called heaven on earth, and it truly does justice to its name. The place is so beautiful and so quiet and calm. Currently we are on a shikara in Dal Lake where my stupid husband isn't allowing me to enjoy.

"Arjun, I am hungry." I turn to him pouting.

"Oh, we are talking now?" He raises his eyes.

"Don't be childish." I complain.

"Look who's speaking."

"You don't want to talk, alright I won't talk to you now." I show him my tongue before turning my face to the other side again.

"This girl is gonna make me crazy." He mumbles lowly but loud enough that I heard it.

"I heard that."

"It was meant to be heard."

"Hawww...meany."

I am sitting when I hear Arjun talk to someone, and soon I can smell hot and spicy maggie. I turn my head towards Arjun and see him holding a plate of yummiest noodles ever, that too served hot in this freezing weather. I can feel my mouth salivating and I can assure you I had hearts in my eyes seeing the plate.

I forward my hand towards Arjun, eager to get my hand on some of that deliciousness.

"Oh, you weren't talking to me a few minutes back, right?"

"I am still not, but I am hungry and as a husband it's your duty to feed your wife."

"Oh, but if my so-called wife is angry on me, why should I allow her to eat from my portion of food?"

"Hasn't dad taught you, sharing is caring?"

"But that's when the other person is talking to me, not when they are giving me an attitude." He gives me a wink before taking a bite and closing his eyes clearly enjoying the food.

"Arjun, I am hungry please allow me to eat. How about we put aside our fight for the time being and once done with food we fight again?" I suggest.

"No." My face falls hearing his rejection, but he continues.

"How about we end this fight and as a truce we enjoy this maggi?"

"Really? You'll do that? Thank you, thank you, thank you." I almost hugged him, without realising where we were, due to my bubbling excitement.

I rub my hands together before moving closer to Arjun to take a bite from his plate but before I can pick the fork, he took it.

"Why is there only one fork?"

"Even the vendor thought only I will eat that is why." He smirked. I keep my mouth shut because it my stomach's question. I need to satisfy my hunger and so I can't fight with him now.

"How will I eat then?" He picked some noodles in his fork and forwarded it near my mouth. Greedily, I open my mouth and before I could close it and devour the taste, he retreated his hand and ate it.

"That's cheating. Now I will not believe you. I am not talking to you. Katti! (a way of saying we are no longer friends)" he bursts out laughing when I look down embarrassed at my childishness.

"Katti? What are we, kids?" I show him my tongue and turn my face around. I can still hear him chuckling. He is so bad, I am sure he must be enjoying his maggi while I am here hungry. I can almost feel tears rolling down my face when I feel someone sit across me. I don't turn to look at who it is but wipe my cheeks. I don't even know why I am crying.

"Myra, are you really crying? Oh my God! I am sorry. I was just joking. See I have saved some for you." He says hurriedly.

"I don't want to eat now. Go away!" I speak.

Second later, I feel something touching my lips and I turn to see Arjun extending the fork to my mouth. Being hungry, I open my mouth to gulp down the food. Arjun starts feeding me after blowing on the fork, making sure not to burn my mouth and once I am done, he finishes off the rest, which isn't much.

"Are you still angry?"

"Yes, you made me cry. I will tell dad." I threaten him.

"Myra, I said I am sorry, I was just joking. I didn't know you will cry that too for food." I squint my eyes at him.

"So, you are making this all my fault now?"

"What! No." He literally screams making me close my ears.

"Okay, how about I buy you whatever you want, and we forget this happened?"

"You will get me whatever I want? I raise my eyes at him."

"Whatever you want." I give him a toothy smile and bob my head up and down.

We are done with boating, and we make our way towards the market. We go around the streets roaming and entering small shops selling locally produced goods. We look around and I see a few pashmina shawls and decide to get it for mom and I while I get scarfs for my dad, dad and even Arjun. I have sent Arjun to get me some water because I knew he wouldn't allow me to pay if he saw me buying these. Making the purchases, I move outside and see a shop selling oxidized jewelry and make my way towards it.

My gaze stops at a pair of jhumkas (earrings) and I am so in love with them. I ask the shopkeeper for it price.

"Those are for three thousand rupees."

"What! Why so expensive? Tell me at what price will you give them to me?"

"Ummm... Give me twenty-eight hundred."

"No, not more than fifteen hundred."

"Bibi (Miss), fifteen hundred is too less. Not lesser than twenty-five hundred."

"Leave it then." Saying this I turn around and come face to face with Arjun.

"Why did you leave that shop? I was looking for you."

"I am sorry Arjun, I didn't realize I came here." I give him a sheepish look.

"Here, I got water for you." He passes me the bottle and I drink before giving it back to him.

*From where did you buy these?" He asked eyeing the bags in my hands.

"From the shops? Duhhh."

"Payment?"

"They accept money Arjun. Why are you asking such senseless questions? Come, lets go. It soon gonna be dark."

"You know what I want to know, and you are avoiding it."

"No, I don't know what you want to know."

Not wanting to break into an argument in middle of the street, Arjun starts walking with me following closely behind. Since, the hotel is nearby, we soon reach to our room and after placing the bags in one corner, I settle down on bed while I see Arjun scrolling down his phone. I can literally feel grumpy vibes coming from him and so deciding to be the mature one here, I go up to where he is sitting on the couch and sit next to him.

"What happened?" I start the conversation.

"Nothing."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"At least look at me when I talk to you. This is so disrespectful."

"And you not allowing me to pay for your expenses isn't?"

"Why is it such a big deal, Arjun? I mean if I ever want something, I know I can ask you for it."

"But still you decided to ask your parents for money, why?"

"What...How did you know?"

"I heard you asking your mom." He looks down embarrassed to have eavesdropped.

"Overhearing someone else's conversations isn't good."

"But why couldn't you ask me for money, Myra?"

"I have always had my parents look after my expenses and neither do they mind nor do I. I still don't think its that big of a deal."

"What do you think of this relationship?"

"What?"

"Who do you think I am to you?"

"My husband?"

"Are you telling me or asking me?"

"Okay... You are my husband. Happy?"

"Then why can I not spend on you? It's my duty to look after you, take care of all your needs, and I don't care whether your parents mind giving you money or not but I do. I don't want my wife asking anyone for money when I am there to look after her expenses."

"What if my expenses are more than what you can afford?" I asked teasingly.

"Then I will work harder to fulfill them." Awwwwww.

"Also, Arjun, I asked my dad for my salary. I work in his company and that is literally my salary that I asked. I wouldn't disrespect you by asking them for money after marriage." I say and I can see his eyes getting wide at realization.

"Ohhhhhh."

"Yeah, now quit being grumpy. Also, never eavesdrop from next time or else I won't be sitting here this calmly trying to talk you through." I say sternly and get up.

I let out a yelp when I am tugged back and fall over Arjun, my hands on his chest supporting my body and keeping it from fully falling onto him while I can feel his heart beating fast, matching the pace of my own heart.

"What would you do if I eavesdrop again?" He asks in a whispering tone and I shudder inside. This is the first time we are this close and I don't mind it. I am so lost in the feel of his muscles and heart beats beneath my hand that I almost am on the verge of losing my senses.

"I will smack you hard on you face, the next time."

"Oh really?" The amusement in his voice is clear.

"Do you still think wifey, you can kick my ass?"

"I think? I know I can."

"You wanna bet on that?"

"I don't do bet with losers." Saying this I give his chest a little push in order to support myself and stand.

It's dark outside so we decide to order room service only since we are very tired to go anywhere at this point. After having food, we sleep next to each other ending our second day in Kashmir. We have two more days here before we need to return.

The next day I wake up and am getting ready in front of the dressing table placed in a corner of the room and find Arjun still sleeping. Usually Arjun wakes up before me and is the one waking me up. An evil smile form on my face when I think of waking him up. The temperature is Kashmir is really low and it's freezing cold. Now what fun will it be if I don't use cold water to wake him up. I know its a cruel thing to do but a harmless prank nonetheless.

I move towards the washroom and in a glass fill some cold water before standing next to Arjun to wake him up. I think, if I should first be civil and wake him up or I should directly drop the bomb.

What if he wakes up the first time I try? Can't let that happen now.

I calm by racing heart because I know it can go wrong and also thinking of the consequences that this act might lead to. I finally gather some courage and pour the entire water over him, which is only one-fourth of the glass but still its freezing cold water.

"Ahhhh!" He yelps before waking up hurriedly. It takes him a minute to realize what has happened and before I know it, he is chasing me around the room.

"You are dead today."

"Arjun, I am sorry but you weren't waking up, I tried." I lie.

"No, you didn't."

"Yes, I did you were in such deep sleep you didn't hear."

"You are lying and even if I was in deep sleep, this is not the way to wake up anyone."

"Arjun, I am sorry. I am tired please stop this chasing now."

"Nope! You started this and I will end this."

We both are running around the table and I think of entering the bathroom and closing it. I enter the washroom and start closing it when Arjun pushes it from the other side. I try my level best to shut the door but he has kept his hand in between making me scared his hand might get hurt in the process.

"Arjun, remove your hand, you will get hurt."

"No."

"Arjun I am telling you, you will hurt yourself." He still does not remove it.

"Okay, I will allow you in but only on one condition." I say not wanting him to get hurt.

"What?"

"There will be no cold water involved in whatever you do to take revenge."

"But you poured cold water over me."

"It's either that or we stay here like this forever."

He takes a minute to think about it. "Okay."

"Promise?"

"Yes."

"You aren't lying? You haven't crossed your fingers, have you?" He chuckles.

"No, I haven't. Come out now." I open the door slowly and move out. He grabs me by my waist and carries me to the bed and throws me over it ignoring my protests.

"Ouch!" I shriek.

"It's not hard okay? Stop being a drama queen." He jumps over the bed and starts tickling me and I burst out laughing, literally gasping for air because I am ticklish.

"Arjun, le...lea...me. Ca..nt breathe." I say in between the fits.

"Say sorry first."

"So...sorry."

"Say, Arjun is the best husband." The tickling has gone down a little bit.

"Arjun is the worst husband."

"Now, watch what I'll do." He again starts tickling hard.

"Okay, I am sorry. Ar...Arjun is the...be...best husband. Now stop." Arjun immediately stops while I try and catch my breath.

"You are bad."

"Yeah, and you are the satan himself. Who pours cold water over a sleeping person, that too in such a freezing weather?"

"So, you would want me to pour it over you when you are awake and when it is not so freezing outside?" We both are lying on bed and I look at him beside me by turning my head.

"Try that and see what I'll do then." Our faces are inches away from one another. And before I can move back, I see his hands coming near my face and removing the lock of hair from my forehead and tuck it behind my ear. He props himself on his elbow over his side and gazes down at me before closing in.

I can literally hear my heartbeat pounding against my heart and I can feel it coming closer. I can feel his warm breath over my face, and I close my eyes in anticipation. I feel something on my forehead and open my eyes to see him still placing a lingering kiss over there.

My hands are now placed over his naked chest, as he pulled his soaked shirt off during our chase while he is supporting his weight on his hands on either side of me. He moves away and his dark brown eyes meet my hazel-colored ones. I can see the warmth in them getting lost in the burning fire.

His hand comes in contact with my cheek, and I unintendedly lean into its warmth.

"You are very pretty, Myra." I can feel the heat creeping up my neck and I turn my face to the other side to escape his eyes intently looking into mine. His hand grabs my chin ever so softly and turns it towards himself. I see his gaze fixed on my lips and before I know it, his face moves forward while his gaze remains on my lips. We are centimeters apart and I close my eyes, too shy to look at him. His breath fanning my face and suddenly a loud noise break into the room and we break apart, scurrying around to find the source, only to realize it was phone.

Grabbing my phone, I make my way towards the balcony, too shy to look at Arjun right now, after the moment we just had. As soon as I enter the balcony, my heated face is met with the cold breeze, and I curse realizing I don't have any woolens on. Ignoring it, I look at my phone and pick it up.

"Yes, mom."

"Hello! How are you?"

"I am fine mom, what about you and dad?"

"Everything is fine here too. What are your plans of coming back?" I am in middle of talking to her when I feel a warm shawl over my shoulder and look over my shoulder to see Arjun giving me a stern look, probably mad at me for not wearing anything.

He drapes the shawl and hugs me from behind, rubbing my arms a bit, making me instantly feel warm. I feel my breath hitch a bit and I am happy that it is mom who is speaking now, and I can limit myself to "hmmm" and "ohhh". I know if I open my mouth for anything else, it will not be good.

The cold that I felt earlier is now replaced with warmth as Arjun's hands are now around my waist while his face resting over my shoulder and looking at the beautiful mountain view in front of us. This new found closeness is making my heart go crazy and I don't know if it is even healthy for my heart to beat so fast.

"You do realise, mom has cut the call, right?" This idiot knows what he is doing to my poor heart because of the clear amusement in his voice. I remove my phone from my ears and stand still. Arjun turns me around to face him and I cannot muster up the strength to look at his face and decide to settle looking at his sweater clad chest that is in direct line with my face.

"Wifey, I don't have that bad of a face that you cannot even look at me." I can swear my face is burning hot at this moment. When I still don't look up he puts his finger beneath my chin and makes me look up.

"Feeling shy, are we?" I keep mum, too overwhelmed with my own feeling.

"Myra, I hope whatever I did, did not make you uncomfortable." I want to tell him no, but my voice does not come out.

"If you felt uncomfor- God! I am so sorry, Myra if I made you uncomfortable. It wasn-"

"Arjun, I did not mind." Saying this lowly, I hid my face in his chest while I feel him let out a deep breath before pulling me into his arms, so close that no air can pass from between us.

"So, did that mean you enjoyed what was happening?" He teases me.

"Arjunnnn!" I chide at him hitting on his chest with my fisted hand. He lets out a hearty chuckle while I turn around in his hug and look at the beautiful scene in front of my eyes not that the previous one was any less encapsulating but that one couldn't be looked at longer without turning red.

We stay in each other's hold for some time, and I can assure you, in this trip something in between us has changed and changed for good, hopefully.

***

Hey Guys,

So, there have been some glitch with the story because of which my chapter 6 comes after the last chapter whichever I post which makes the order of chapter go haywire and so I had to delete the Chapter and republish it making the views, comments and votes either vanish or switch. But hopefully, now the chapters will be in order.

Love you all:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 1.9K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
417K 29.8K 65
Rahul Shegal- he is smart, Charming and humourous kind of a person but he is insecure about Something which stops him to develop Feelings for Priya A...
480K 26.5K 41
~Bhuva Agarwal~ Meet this bubbly and charming girl who brings a smile on everyone's face. Fiesty yet innocent, sweet yet sarcastic, loyal and stubbor...
665K 41.1K 45
"Kabir Malhotra, a 25-year-old, young, handsome, gym freak, always a hot topic among girls. He's known to be rude and doesn't care about anyone excep...