In love with a MONSTER ~ Buck...

By beanstalkbaddie25

Y/N is the younger sister of the Odinson brothers, and when you go back to earth to help your brothers. You f... More

Chapter 1: 13 hours!
Chapter 2: Here to pick-up
Chapter 3: Filled with Rage
Chapter 4: Life of an Avenger
Chapter 5:The Room
Chapter 6: The man with a Metal arm
Chapter 7: An Old Friend
Chapter 8: Flashback
Chapter 9: Joining the U.S Army
Chapter 10: Sergeant Barnes
Chapter 11: Captain American to the rescue
Chapter 12: The day I lost everything
Chapter 13: Back Home
Chapter 14: Father's love
Chapter 15: Channel your powers
Chapter 16: Father's little girl
Chapter 17: I love you mother
Chapter 18: 70 years
Chapter 19: Back to reality
Chapter 20: Nightmares
Chapter 21: Bucky is alive?
Chapter 22: Mother's Necklace
Chapter 23: "You can't save me!"
Chapter 24: I promise
Chapter 25 - Alternate Plan
Chapter 26: Madripoor
Chapter 27: 32557038
Chapter 28: Sokovian Base
Chapter 29: the siblings
Chapter 30: What about us?
Chapter 31: Brother of the girl
Chapter 32: Leaving
Chapter 33: Here with a friend!
Chapter 34: Downhill
Chapter 35: Hogun!
Chapter 36: Wakanda
Chapter 37: The story of the Power stone
Chapter 38: Memories
Chapter 39: The Carters
Chapter 40: Jesus Christ!
Chapter 41: You're Free
Chapter 42: Welcome Back!
Chapter 43: Calming
Chapter 44: First Date
Chapter 46: Unwanted Child
Chapter 47: My queen
Chapter 48: Slow and Steady
Chapter 49: Rebecca Elizabeth Barnes
Chapter 50: Loki is...
Chapter 51: Your niece
Chapter 52: Planning, planning, planning
Chapter 53: My butterfly
!Bonus! Explanation Chapter
!Bonus Chapter! Chapter 54: My doll
!!New Story!!

Chapter 45: I know

512 16 14
By beanstalkbaddie25

After dinner Bucky took your hand again, walking out of the building, "I have one last thing planned" Before you could answer, he started moving through the crowd, not loosening the grip around your hand, as you both made your way out of the herd of people.

"Where are we going?" You asked as he continued to drag you. 

"Just a place we haven't been to in a long time." He stopped to see you, making sure you were okay. You give a smile to reassure him, making his smile widen as he resumed walking. After walking a few more blocks he stopped in front of a small complex. You look at the dim light sign on top of the building, Betty's Ice Parlor. 

"Bucky" You looked at him, his eyes tinkering again. You guys walked into the small room that was Betty's Parlor. You let Bucky order 2 chocolate ice cream cones, with a little cherry and sprinkles on you.

"Do you remember when you fought with Dot about-" He said as you guys walked out to the parlor.

"about you guys, yeah" You smiled though your tears, remembering back to that day, "She didn't let you and Steve have chocolate chip ice cream"

"You almost punched her that day" He looked at you, devouring his ice cream. 

"I would have if it weren't for you literally carrying me out of the place." You took the cherry out of your, moving it to his lips, before placing it on his nose, smudging the ice cream on it to his nose.

"Hey" He yelped wiping the brown stuff off his nose, making you burst out in laughter. "Is it all gone?"

You wipe a bit of the ice cream he missed "There" Your hand lingered on his face, caressing his cheek, looking at him in his most natural state, how he used to be all those years ago, adorable, sweet, and so cute. Without know, a tear escapes your eyes as you look at him. 

"Hey, you okay?" He asked worried at you tearing up. You shook your head, wiping it away "Yeah, just, um, it's been so long since spent time like this, just the two of us, alone." You give another smile, "It feels good." You cleared your throat and resumed to walk, but Bucky held your hand not allowing you to move away from him.

"I know, we haven't really haven't had much time for ourselves, that's why I wanted to do this. I just wanted to show how much I love you, how much you mean to me. How much I miss spending time with you. How much I want you, how much I need you. I needed to prove to you that I am deserving of your love."

"Bucky?"

"I need to show that I haven't changed, that I am still Bucky Barnes, your Bucky Barnes." He held your hand to his face, kissing your palm. "Your sarge"

"You don't have to prove or show me anything, I-"

"You think I don't know what is happening? What has been happening? You think I didn't notice how you flinch every time I touch you."

"Bucky, I-"

"I know this is hard, but I also know that we can get through this together." He stepped closer, "I know you think I am this fragile glass that is waiting to be shattered, I know the troubles you go through to make sure I am fine, I know you walk on eggshells around me" He paused looking down, "I know"

"Buck" You try to speak but his words hit you harder than any physical pain you ever faced. He stayed silent, trying to compose himself.

"You can't hurt me, ever." He let out a breath he didn't know he had held this long. "All the things that happened to us, it wasn't you." Your head shot up as he says that. 

"What? How do you?"

"I was coming behind you because your phone was buzzing, but then I overheard you and Nat talking. I am sorry, I know I shouldn't have stayed there, but when I heard you say those things I-I froze." "Why wouldn't you tell me? Why do I have to know how my girlfriend, my best friend is feeling through someone else. When I say I want you, I mean I want all of you, and that I want your love, your patience, your anger, and your pain, all of it. I want to make sure you are comfortable, that you're happy, that I am the one who is able to put a smile on your face. I don't want to be the reason why you suffer, the reason you cry, the reason for your pain."

"You aren't. You aren't, I just didn't want to hurt you."

"So you hurt yourself, just so that I can live in a white lie that everything around is perfect. So that I won't get hurt, or break again?"

"Yes," You scream, hot tears messing up your make up. "I just didn't want to be the reason you suffer again." You lowered your head, not being able to look him in the eyes anymore.

"And I am supposed to be okay with the fact that I am the reason you are so shaken up? I hate to see you like this, to see your smile disappear, to see your eyes fill with fear when you see me." He holds your face in his hands "I am sorry. I am sorry I caused all this pain on you, I am sorry that you flinch every time I touch you, I am sorry that I made you like this" He sobbed.

"Bucky no"

"You are the love of my life, not some machine that makes sure I am fine. You are what makes me happy, seeing your smile, waking up to being tangled up with you, to spend time with you. When I am with you I feel free, I don't feel pain, or hurt. All my worries, all those horrifying memories gone, just like that." He wiped the dripping mascara off your face. "But I know you can't say the same about me, and I get that. I know you need time, but I want you to know that I will wait, I will put everything on hold just for you, okay?" 

There was silence as he waited for an answer, and you tried to build up the courage to talk to him again.

"Those 8 months without were worst than the last 70 years. Not being able to see you, not being able to be next to you. My mind went dark, I felt like I was being choked like someone kept stabbing me, over and over again. I felt lost, lonely. I can't go through that again." You shake your head. "I want you,  I want you next to me, talking to me, holding me, kissing me, looking at me. I want you, Bucky." You wipe your tears and pull his face down into your, kissing him dearly, letting his tongue invade your mouth as your hand squished his head, pulling him closer. 

You pull away, resting your foreheads together. "I love you, Sarge!"

"You know the last time you called me that was after the first time we did it. It was the first time you said you loved me." He smiled as the memory played before him again, he knew you thought he was sleeping so you muttered the words under your breath but little did you know that he was up before you, admiring your peaceful, sleeping form. 

"You heard me say that?" You laugh out of embarrassment. 

"Yeah, it was so adorable too. I mean I must have been really good that you fell in love with me after our first time." He smirked as he continued to walk. 

You smack his arm laughing "Yeah right." Your hand slowly traced down his arm and your fingers interlock with his. You look up at him and place your forehead on his shoulder. "Why can't we just stay like this, like we used to. Just two kids from Brooklyn who are yet to discover the world in front of them. So carefree and innocent"

"What's stopping us now?" He hooked his arm around your shoulder bringing you closer, hands still interlocked.

"Everything Buck." You stop and turn towards him. "I can't just go and pick fights with Dot, or warn every girl in Brooklyn to not eye fuck you as you walk past them. We can't just run recklessly anymore. We have gone through so much, and everything around us changed."

"Doesn't mean my love for you has." He took both your hands in his. "I know we can't act like we are in the 40s anymore, but doll, we don't have to. We can just be as we are now, as long as we love each other nothing in this world can stop us."

"I don't know how I could ever hate you Barnes. You always had a way of making me feel so intoxicated with your love." You kiss his cheek and continue walking, pulling him behind you. 

"Wait a minute." He stops again. "Did you actually go around Brooklyn threatening girls to not flirt with me?" A small teasing smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Is there a problem?" You raised your eyebrow, changing your tone to serious and firm.

"No ma'am" He shook his head, shaking the smile away too. "Just asking"

"Good. Now come on, I can't wear these heels any longer, plus this purse is digging into my shoulders." You whine. 

Bucky still doesn't budge "Here" He kneeled down and took your foot, removing the heels one by one. He then got up and took your purse, wearing it on his shoulder as he held your heels in his left hand behind him as his right one took your hand again. 

"Wait, no I don't want to walk barefoot on these dirty New York streets"

"Fine" He sighs, he moved in front of you and lowered himself so you could hop on his back. You take your heels from his hands and wrap your arms around his neck as he held you up by your thighs. "Thank you" You whispered into his ear as you pecked his neck. 

"Anything for you, doll."

--Comment--

--Vote--

--Share--

--!!ENJOY!!--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.8K 855 128
Michelle lost her entire family in a fire as a little girl. She then grew up in various homes for orphans. All her life she longs for the family that...
4.7K 92 16
loki has been through a lot that only a few know about. while a strange ally tries to convince the avengers he is innocent loki is dealing with somet...
18.2K 731 25
Thank you so much for #3 in #buckyxreader and #6 in #asgard Please be sure to read the second book in this series! It's a bit shorter but I'm sure yo...
496K 10.6K 26
Y/n wasn't a hero, she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Being captured by hydra was not a walk in the park. This is my first fanfic, I...