The Mandalorian (Din Djarin x...

By LayceJ25

Two lone gunfighters make their way through the outer reaches of the galaxy, far from the authority of the Ne... More

Chapter 1: The Mandalorian And The Dar'manda
Chapter 2: The Child
Chapter 3: The Sin
Chapter 4: Sanctuary
Chapter 5: The Gunslinger
Chapter 6: The Prisoner
Chapter 7: The Reckoning
Chapter 8: Redemption
Chapter 9: The Marshal
Chapter 10: The Passenger
Chapter 11: The Heiress
Chapter 12: The Siege
Chapter 13: The Jedi
Chapter 14: The Tragedy
Chapter 15: The Believer
Chapter 17: Return Of The Mandalorian And The Dar'manda
Chapter 18: From The Desert Comes A Stranger
Chapter 19: In The Name of Honor
A/N

Chapter 16: The Rescue

2.7K 85 38
By LayceJ25

The Slave I begins shooting at a ship, a ship that held Dr Pershing. The two pilots that were with him tried their best to maneuver and lose the Slave I but Fett stayed on their tail.

"What's going on? Who are they?" Pershing asked the pilots, panicked. "I suggest you shut your mouth, this isn't your laboratory." The pilot said, firmly, as he tried to get away. But Fett aims his ion cannon and fires at them, shutting their ship down.

"They hit us with an ion cannon. Avionics are down. Comms are down!" The co-pilot said as he tries to flip every switch and push every button he could but nothing. 

"Lower your shields, disengage all transponders, prepare for boarding." Fett ordered through his comms. "They're pirates. Shouldn't we fight?" Pershing asked the pilots. "I don't have a death wish, do you?" The first pilot asked him and the Slave I approaches them then begins to board.

Pershing and the pilots hear a loud thud then a second later the doors open and in walks in Din and (y/n), both of then aiming their blasters at the three men as they hold their hands up.

"Before you make a mistake, this is Dr. Pershing." The first pilot tells them. "We've met." Din said and (y/n) turns to Pershing. "Is the kid alive?" She asked him. "Yes. He's on the cruiser." Pershing said then the first pilot grabs him and aims a gun at the doctor's head.

At that moment, Cara comes in. "Stay back, Dropper." The first pilot sneered at her. She aims her blaster at him then the second pilot speaks up. "Easy, pal. Okay? I'm not with him. We can work something out." He said when the first pilot aims his blaster at him and shoots him, making Pershing gasp.

"Drop your weapon." Cara orders him as he aims his gun back at Pershing. "No. No, you listen to me. This is a top-tier target of the New Republic. This is a clone engineer. And if they find out that he's dead because of you, you're gonna wish you never left Alderaan." The pilot said and Cara glares at him while Pershing shakes with fear.

"I saw the tear." The pilot laughs as he gestures to Cara's face. "You wanna know what else I saw? I saw your planet destroyed." He said and Cara clenched her teeth. "I was on the Death Star." The pilot said. "Which one?" Cara asked, sarcastically, and the pilot laughs, mockingly.

"You think you're funny? Do you know how many millions were killed on those bases?" He asked her and Cara starts to shake with anger. "Drop your blaster." She orders. "As the galaxy cheered?" The pilot said, egging her on. "Last chance." Cara warns.

"Destroying your planet was a small price to pay to rid the galaxy of terrorism." The pilot spat and Cara shoots him square in the face. The pilot's dead body drops to the floor and Pershing began to scream and hold the side of his head while Cara walks away.

The Slave I enters another planet and lands at a nearby cantina. Fett, Din and (y/n) exit the ship and enter the cantina. The patrons looked a bit scared and taken aback to see two Mandalorians inside.

The trio looked around and see Bo-Katan and Koska in the back of Cantina. They walk up to them as Koska and Bo-Katan turns to them. "We need your help." Din said and Bo-Katan smirks at this. "Not all Mandalorians are bounty hunters. Some of us serve a higher purpose." She said, smugly.

"They took the Child." (Y/n) tells her and the smirk on Bo-Katan's face fades. "Who?" She asked. "Moff Gideon." Din replied. "You'll never find him." She said and she and Koska turn back to their food and drinks on the table.

"We don't need these two. Let's get outta here." Fett said and the trio start to walk away until Bo-Katan and Kosha turn in their seat. "You are not a Mandalorian." Bo-Katan said, looking at Fett. "Never said I was." Fett said. "I didn't know sidekicks were allowed to talk." Koska said, snidely, and Fett chuckles as he walks up to them.

"Well, if that isn't the Quadra calling the Stifling slimy." He said as Kosha stands up and the two stand in front of each other. "Easy there, little one." Fett tells her. "You'll be talking through the window of a bacta tank." Koska said as she gets into Fett's face.

"All right, easy. Save it for the Imps." Bo-Katan said to her. Kosha glares at Fett before she sits back down. "We have his coordinates." Din tells Bo-Katan, who looks surprised. "You can bring me to Moff Gideon?" She asked. "The Moff has a light cruiser. It could be helpful in your effort to regain Mandalore." (Y/n) tells her.

"You gotta be kidding me. Mandalore? The Empire turned that planet to glass." Fett said to (y/n) and Din. 

"You are a disgrace to your armor." Bo-Katan said to Fett, disgusted. "This armor belonged to my father." Fett growls at her. "Don't you mean your donor?" She spat at him and Fett walks up to her. "Careful, princess." He warns and her and Koska stand up. "You are a clone. I've heard your voice thousands of times." She snides as she smiles. "Mine might be the last one you hear." Fett threatened.

At that moment, Koska attacks and Fett grabs her and tosses her aside, making her hit a table. She gets up and Fett uses a grapple and it wraps around her wrist. They play a bit of tug o' war before Kosha pulls him towards her and kicks him.

He doubles over and she grabs his head, then flies up, runs up a pilar and swings Fett around towards another table and slams him down on it. They get up and turn on their flamethrower gauntlets on and blow fire.

"Enough! Both of you! If we had shown half that spine to the Empire we would've never lost our planet." Bo-Katan yells at them and they turn off their flamethrower, Fett gets up on his feet. Bo-Katan turns to Din and (y/n). "We will help you. In exchange, we will keep that ship to retake Mandalore. If you should manage to finish your quest, I would have both of you consider joining our efforts. Mandalorians have been in exile from our home would for far too long." She said.

"Fair enough." Din said as (y/n) nods in agreement.

"One more thing. Gideon has a weapon that once belonged to me. It is an ancient weapon that can cut through anything." Bo-Katan said. "Almost anything." Kosha grumbles. "It cannot cut through pure beskar. I will kill the Moff and retake what is rightfully mine. With the Darksaber restored to me, Mandalore will finally be within reach." Bo-Katan said.

"Help us rescue the Child and you can have whatever you want. He is our only priority." Din tells her as he, subtly, places a hand on (y/n)'s back. Bo-Katan looks between the two and smiles.

Back in the Slave I, Bo-Katan brings up a hologram of Gideon's cruiser while everyone gathers around. "This is Moff Gideon's Imperial light cruiser. In the old days, it would carry a crew of several hundred. Now it operates with a tiny fraction of that." Bo-Katan said.

"Your assessment is misleading." Pershing, who was handcuffed and sitting in a seat near her, informs. "Oh, great. An objective opinion." Cara grumbles. "This isn't subterfuge. I assure you." He tells her. "Let him speak." Bo-Katan said, raising a finger to Cara.

"There's a garrison of dark troopers on board. They're the ones who abducted the Child." Pershing informs. "How many troopers do they javelin armed in those suits?" Din asked him. "These are third-generation design. They are no longer suits. The human inside was the final weakness to be solved. They're droids." Pershing replied and Din and (y/n) look at each other.

"Where are they bivouacked?" Fennec asked and Pershing stands up and goes over to the console. "They're held in cold storage in this cargo bay." He said as he zooms in on the cargo bay on the hologram map of the cruiser. "They draw too much power to be kept at ready." He said.

"How long to power up." (Y/n) asked. "A few minutes, perhaps." Pershing replied. "Where is the Child being held?" Din asked and Pershing changes the location on the hologram to a small room in the cruiser. "This is the brig. He's being held here under armed guard." He said.

"Very well. We split into two parties." Bo-Katan said. "(Y/n) and I will go alone." said Din and Bo-Katan glances at him. "Fine." She grumbles before she continues. "Phase one, Lambda shuttle issues a distress call. Two, we emergency land at the mouth of the fighter launch tube, cutting off any potential interceptors. Koska, Fennec, Dune and myself disembark with maximum initiative. Once we've neutralized the launch bay, we make our way through these tandem decks in a penetration maneuver." Bo-Katan explains as she flips through different parts of the map.

"And me and (y/n)?" Din asked her. "We'll be misdirection." She replied as she turns to the two. "Once we draw a crowd, you two slip through the shadows, get the kid." 

"Those dark troopers are gonna be a real skank in the scud pie." Cara commented and Bo-Katan turns back to the hologram map. "Their bay is on the way to the brig. Can they make it there before they deploy?" Bo-Katan asked Pershing. "It's possible." Pershing said and Fennec takes the code cylinder out of Pershing's pocket and hands it to (y/n).

"Here. Take his code cylinder and seal off their holding bay. Anyone else, we can handle." She said. "We'll meet at the bridge." (Y/n) said and everyone nods.

"Moff Gideon is mine. Got it?" Bo-Katan states as her, Cara, Fennec, Din, and (y/n) were in the Lambda shuttle while Fett was in the Slave I behind them, going in hyperspace. "He's ex-ISB. He's got a lot of information. I need him alive." Cara said, firmly. "I don't care what happens to him as long as he surrenders to me." Bo-Katan sneers, a bit of a smirk plays on her lips.

"Prepare to exit jump space." Fett's voice said through the comms. "Copy that. Get the hell out of there as soon as they clear us to dock. And your shots have to look convincing." She tells him. "Power up those shields, princess. I'll put on a good show." Fett said. "Watch out for those deck cannons." Bo-Katan warns. "Don't worry about me. Just be careful in there." Fett said.

"Exiting hyperspace in three, two, one..." Koska said and they exit out of hyperspace. Immediately, the Slave I starts firing at the shuttle as they make their way to the cruiser.

"This is Lambda shuttle, Two-Seven-Four-Three. Requesting emergency docking." Bo-Katan said through the comms to the cruiser, doing her best to sound panicked and scared. Fett did his best not to hit the shuttle but it did look very convincing that the shuttle was getting attack. "Repeat, requesting emergency docking. We are under attack." Bo-Katan said again.

"Copy, Lambda shuttle. Request received. Stay cleat of launch tube. Deploying fighter squadron. " A woman's voice said and everyone gives nervous glances at one another.

Seconds later, TIE fighters deploy and starting coming straight at Fett but Bo-Katan let the shuttle stay its course, almost hitting one TIE Fighter, who pulled out of the way. "Request denied! Please clear launch tube until fighters deploy!" The woman's voice said. "Negative! Negative! We'll are under attack!" Bo-Katan shouts, panicked, again.

Then the TIE fighters get behind Fett and start firing at him. "Clear launch tube immediately!" The woman said but the shuttle stayed its course. Once it got close to the hangar, Fett steered off to the right and flew away as the TIE fighters chase after him.

"Hang on!" Fennec shouts and Cara grabs some panels above her while Din grabs onto the back of Fennec's chair with one hand and pulls (y/n) to his side with the other as Bo-Katan has the shuttle land in the hangar, roughly. Fett was about to dodge some shots from the cruiser then he blasts the TIE fighters that chased him then took off into hyperspace.

Once it stops, the shuttle doors open and smoke started to pool out as the troopers started running toward it. "Clear the launch tube! What are you doing? Get that thing out of here!" One trooper shouts as he and another trooper run towards the shuttle.
But then they and a few more troopers were shot and killed by Fennec, Cara, Bo-Katan and Koska and they clear them out then head off.

Meanwhile, Din and (y/n) were inside the shuttle waiting for them to make a clearing. (Y/n) breathes in through her nose then let's it out through her mouth as she calms her nerves. Din turns to her and could see she looked a bit worried, so he reaches out and takes her hand in his.

She raises her head to him as he squeezes her hand then he leans in and gives a Keldabe kiss. She smiles at him then they let go of each other's hand, pull out their blasters and start to, slowly and cautiously, walk out. They look around and see the troopers dead before they start to make their way deeper into the cruiser.

They walked down a hallway then come up to a doorway to another hall. They lean back as Din looks around. He gestures to (y/n) to follow him and they start to walk in the hall when they heard a Stormtrooper voice say. "We're heading to the bridge now."

Din grabs her hand and pulls her to the side, they duck down and hide as a couple of Stormtroopers run past them, not seeing them. They walk out of their hiding spot and make their way to where Grogu was being held.

Moments later, they heard a droid talk in an alien language and they hid back as it passed. They start to walk into the hallway but ducked back when they saw some Stormtroopers running down the hall and continued on.

They turned a corner as they heard alarms blaring and (y/n) pulls out the code cylinder from her pocket. But as they got closer to the holding bay for the DarkTroopers, it started to open. "No. No!" Din growls as they run to the console and (y/n) sticks the cylinder in and turns it, making the doors close.

But just as it started to close, one Darktrooper grabbed the doors and forced it open then punched Din, knocking him back a few feet. The Darktrooper made it through the door, which closed behind it, and grabbed (y/n) tossed her aside like a rag doll. Din fires at the trooper and it turned its attention on him.

It didn't seemed fazed by Din's blaster and it grabs his wrist and twist his blaster out of his hand then grabs him by the neck and holds him up, pulling back its other fist. It begins to punch Din in the face but it hardly made a dent in his beskar helmet.

Then some blaster shots hit the back of the Darktrooper, which made it turn around. It sees (y/n) behind it, firing her blaster at it, and it let's got of Din and goes after her. She fires at it a few more times but like before it wasn't bothered by the shots.

She goes and holds out her left hand before it got close to her and it stopped then struggled to get to her, like an invisible shield was in front of her. She concentrated so hard on keeping the trooper back at bay but then she started to feel drained.

At that moment, Din turns on his flamethrower and shoots fire at the trooper. The trooper slowly turns to him then grabs Din and tosses him aside as (y/n) falls to her knees. The other Darktroopers started punching at the glass on the door and (y/n) turns to it, then gets the energy to get up and go towards the console.

The trooper, realizing what she's doing, goes towards her and made a grab for her but before it could do that Din activates his whistling bird and the little missiles hit it. 

The droid turns back to Din and stomps towards him. (Y/n) gets to the console, grabs the lever and pulls it down just as Din dodges an oncoming attack by the Darktrooper then grabs his beskar spear and stabs it underneath it's neck area, through the roof of its head.

As (y/n) pulls the lever, the back door of the launching bay opens and the Darktroopers are sucked out and released into space. She falls to her knees and Din comes up to her. "Hey, you okay?" He asked her, worried. "Yeah...yeah...just...I just need a moment." She said, breathless, and he places his hands on her shoulders.

She sits there for a few seconds before she starts to get up on her feet, Din helps her up and has her face him. She looks up at him then nods. "I'm okay. Keep going." She said and they start to head off again.

They take a few turns until they see two Stormtroopers guarding the brig. (Y/n) grabs her beskar spear and throws it at the one trooper father from them as Din grabbed the other one. He holds the trooper in front of him and held the spear up the trooper's neck, choking him, until he twists a bit and breaks the trooper's neck. (Y/n) grabbed her spear out of the second trooper's chest.

She places the cylinder into the console and presses a button, making the doors open, as they pull out their blasters. Inside was Grogu, handcuffed, and Moff Gideon standing next to him, holding the Darksaber.

The two hunters were taken aback by this as Grogu coos at them. They hold up their blasters at Gideon. "Drop your blasters. Slowly." Gideon ordered the duo as he holds the saber over the Child.

The two do as they're told and laid down their guns on the floor. "Now kick them over to me." Gideon said and they do just that. "Very nice." said Gideon. "Give us the kid." (Y/n) said, firmly. "The kid is just fine where he is." He said and he waves the saber over Grogu's head.

"Mesmerizing, isn't it? Used to belong to Bo-Katan." Gideon said as he holds up the saber and the two just give him a look. "Yes. I know you two have been traveling with Bo-Katan. A friendly piece of advice, assume that I know everything. Like the fact that your wrist launcher has fired its one and only salvo." Gideon said as he nods towards Din.

"Where is this going?" Din asked him, annoyed. "This is where it's going. I'm guessing Bo-Katan and her boarding party have arrived at the bridge, seeking me or, more accurately, this." Gideon said as he holds up the saber.

"But I'm not there. And I imagine that they've killed everyone on the bridge, being the murderous savaged that they are. And now, they're beginning to panic. You see, she wants this. Do you know why? Because it brings power. Whoever wields this sword...has the right to lay claim to the Mandalorian throne." Gideon explains. "You keep it. We just want the kid." (Y/n) said and Gideon looks the two over for a moment.

"Very well." He said and the blade of the saber disappears. "I've already got what I want from him. His blood. All I wanted was to study his blood. This Child is extremely gifted...and has been blessed with rare properties that have the potential to bring order back to the galaxy." Gideon said.

Grogu looks up at his two protectors as they look back at him, Gideon takes notice. "I see your bond with him. Take him, but you two will leave my ship immediately and we will go out separate ways." Gideon said to them.

I don't like this. Something's not right. (y/n) thought as she and Din, cautiously and slowly, walk to Grogu while Gideon walks around the two. He stands still the turns slightly as Din and (y/n) go up to Grogu. The Child holds his arms out to them when (y/n) sensed something.

She turned around just as Gideon turns on the Darksaber and goes to attack them. She pushes Din aside to protect him, turns her beskar shield on and blocked the attacks. Gideon repeatedly hacks at her but she uses the shields to protect the blows as they make their way outside of the brig.

Din comes up behind him and goes to attack but he turns and swings the saber Din's way, who raises up his gauntlets to block the blows. The three of them have a bit of a stand still as Gideon looks between the two, holding the saber up. (Y/n) retracts the shields as her and Din pull out their beskar staff and began a three way fight between them.

Gideon would quickly block any blows the two would throw at him. He would block or swing the saber at either of them as quickly as he could. At one point, he went to attack (y/n) and she holds up her staff to block the blade of the saber then moved her hand towards Gideon, which made him stumble back by an unknown source.

He looks at her a bit shocked but with intrigue. "Interesting." He mutters, with a smile, and he was about to attack her until Din uses his grappling cord and wraps it around Gideon. Gideon turns to Din then used the saber to cut the grappling cord and starts slashing at him.

Din blocks it with the staff and at one point back kicks the staff to block another blow just as (y/n) comes up and swings her staff at Gideon, hitting him on his side. Gideon turns to her then raises the saber on her but she activates her shields to block it.

He kept hitting her shield with the saber, which made her lower her arms inch by inch, then he uses the butt end of the saber and hits her across the face, making her fall back. She felt dazed at this as he goes to kill her but Din, quickly, stands in front of her and blocks Gideon's attack.

Din pushes Gideon back and hits him a few times with the staff and knocked the Darksaber out of his hands then knocked him down to the ground. Then he aims the spear at Gideon but doesn't kill him as (y/n) shakes her head and gets up.

"You're sparing my life?" Gideon asked, smiling, at Din. "Well, this should be interesting."

Up at the bridge, Bo-Katan stands in front of the window and tries to think what to do next when the door opens. She and the others turn to see Gideon, cuffed, and (y/n) holding her blaster towards Gideon while Din held Grogu in one arm and the Darksaber in his other hand. They lead Gideon in the room while Bo-Katan seemed stunned at what she was seeing.

"What happened?" She asked as she comes up to the duo just as the door closes behind them. "They brought him alive, that's what happened. And now the New Republic's gonna have to double the payment." Cara said, smiling at her friends.

"That's not what she's talking about." Gideon said and he turns and smiles a gloating smile at Bo-Katan. "Why don't you kill him now and take it?" He asked her and Cara shoves him down to the floor as (y/n) holsters her blaster. Gideon chuckles and looks up at Din.

"It's yours now." He said. 

"What is?" Din asked.

"The Darksaber. It belongs to you." Gideon said as Din turns the saber off and walks up to Bo-Katan and holds it out to her. "Now...it belongs to her." Din said but Bo-Katan doesn't accept it, just looks at it with disappointment. "She can't take it. It must be won in battle. In order for her to wield the Darksaber again, she would need to defeat you in combat." Gideon explained and (y/n) furrows her brow at this as Din looks up at Bo-Katan.

"I yield. It's yours." He said to her. 
"Oh, no." Gideon chuckles. "It doesn't work that way. The Darksaber doesn't have power. The story does. Without that blade, she's a pretender to the throne." He explains as he stands back up. "He's right." Bo-Katan whispers. "Come on, just take it." Din pleads, exasperated, as (y/n) glares at Gideon.

"You planned this, didn't you?" She growls at him. Gideon turns to her, smiles and chuckles. "And what makes you think that?" He asked. She starts to charge at him but then alarms go off.

"Well, perhaps, she'll get another crack at it." Gideon said as Fennec goes to one of the scanners. "The ray shields have been breached. We're being boarded." said Fennec. "How many life forms?" Bo-Katan asked and Fennec turns to her. "None." She said.

"You're about to face off with the dark troopers." Gideon said then he turns to Din and (y/n). "You two had your hands full with one. Let's see how you do against a platoon." He said, smirking.

Bo-Katan and Koska look at the cameras and see the dark troopers marching their way towards the bridge. "They're headed this way." Bo-Katan said and Cara grabs Gideon and shoves him down as she walks up to Bo-Katan.

Din goes over to the other side of the room and sets Grogu down, (y/n) standing next to him. "Don’t worry, kid. We're gonna get you out of here." He said and pats the top of Grogu's head then gets up as (y/n) kneels down to Grogu 

She gives him a small smile then ran her thumb gently over his head before she gets up. "Seal the blast doors!" Fennec orders and Koska slams her fist down on a button and a second pair of doors cover the main doors.

"They're here." Koska said as she grabs her helmet and her and Bo-Katan put their helmets on and everyone pulls out their weapons. Seconds later, the Dark Troopers began punching at the doors and everyone readies their guns while Gideon smirks.

"You have an impressive fire team protecting you. But I think we all know, after a valiant stand, everyone in this room will be dead...but me...and the Child." Gideon said as he glares over at Din and (y/n).

The Dark troopers continued to punch at the door, making a dent in the door. Everyone steadies themselves and aims their gun, getting ready for the fight. Din and (y/n) look at each other for a moment and then Din whispers. "Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum." 

(Y/n) let's out a small sob then mouths back I love you, too ​​​before they look back at the door and aim their blasters at the door but go to hold each other's hand with their free hand.

But then the alarm goes off and everyone looks out the window and sees an X-Wing come flying in. "An X-Wing." Bo-Katan said as she goes to the comms. "One X-Wing? Great. We're saved." Cara said, sarcastically. "Incoming craft, identity yourself." Bo-Katan said through the comms but no response.

At that moment, (y/n) sensed something huge. Something powerful. She let's go of Din's hand and places her hand on her chest as it did feel a bit overwhelming, Grogu raises his head as he sensed the power as well.

"(Y/n)?" Din asked her, worried, and he places a hand on her shoulder as she looks down at the floor.

The Dark Troopers seemed to sense this newcomer as well as they stop punching the door. "Why did they stop?" Fennec asked while Bo-Katan looks at the security cameras and see the Dark troopers turning the other way.

"Din...I-I think...I think it's him." She whispers to him. "Him?" Din asked, quietly, then she raises her head. "The Jedi." She whispers just as Bo-Katan sees a cloaked figure walking down a hallway. She switches to another camera and sees the troopers attacking the figure but the figure had pulled out a lightsaber and began slicing at the droids like they were nothing.

"A Jedi?" Bo-Katan mutters and Gideon looks at this, terrified. The Jedi sliced, stabbed and used the Force to take out the troopers as he made his way closer to the bridge.

Gideon then grabbed a blaster, he was hiding, and shoots at Bo-Katan several times, making her fall back, then he goes to shoot Grogu but Din slides in front of him as Gideon fires, hitting Din's beskar armor. (Y/n), feeling anger, moved her arm, quickly, and Gideon falls backwards, by the Force, and hits his head against the table.

Everyone stopped and stared at (y/n), who looks between them. "It's a long story." She replied to their shocked faces. Cara kneels down to Gideon and checks his pulse. "He's still alive." She tells them and Grogu goes over to the screen as the Jedi takes out more troopers then heads into the elevator.

Grogu places his claw at the screen and Din gets up as (y/n) kneels down and watches the Jedi get off the elevator and just destroying the troopers with ease. (Y/n) couldn't help but be in awe at what she was seeing. Were you once like this, Father? she thought to herself.

After all the troopers were dead, the Jedi turns to the doors. Grogu looks up at his protector then points towards the door. Din picks him up as (y/n) turns to the others. "Open the doors." She said as they walk towards another table but nobody moved. "She said, open the doors." Din said, firmly. 

"Are you two crazy?" Fennec asked and Din sets the Child down on a chair then presses a button. The door opens and they couldn't see anything but a long green light. Then the cloaked figure walks up, turns off his lightsaber and holsters it.

He takes off his hood to reveal a young man with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. "Are you a Jedi?" (Y/n) asked him as Grogu peers from behind the chair. "I am." He said then he looks over at Grogu and holds a hand out to him. "Come, little one." The Jedi said, calmly. Grogu looks at him then up at Din and (y/n).

"He doesn't want to go with you." Din said to the Jedi, who turns to him. "He wants both of your permissions. He is strong with the Force, but talent without training is nothing. I will give my life to protect the Child...but he will not be safe until he masters his abilities." The Jedi said and Din turns and picks Grogu up.

"Hey, go on. That's who you belong with. He's one of your kind." Din tells Grogu and (y/n) begins to tear up. She goes to stand next to Din and looks at Grogu, who looks between the two. "We'll see you again. We promise." (Y/n) said, softly, and Grogu looks over to Din then places a claw on his helmet.

Understanding what he wanted, Din goes and removes his helmet as he looks at the little guy. (Y/n) smiles as a tear runs down her face while Grogu stares at Din then places a little claw on his face. Din closes his eyes for a moment then looks back at Grogu with a smirk.

Then Grogu turns and reaches out for (y/n). Din hands him over to her and she takes Grogu in her arms. "Hey, buddy." She whispers as he looks at her. She then sensed his appreciation for her and the care he held for her and Din, which made her smile at him.

"I sense your connection with the Force as well." The Jedi said and (y/n) raises her head towards him. "It might not be strong now but with more training...it can be. I can offer that to you as well. That is...if you want." said the Jedi and (y/n) stares at him from a moment then at Grogu.

On the one hand, she could learn more about her abilities and find out what else she could do. Learn more about her father. And spend some time with Grogu since he was the one who had awakened these senses.

But then she looked over at Din, who stared at her before he darts his eyes away. She couldn't bare to leave Din behind, not after everything they went through when they were young and just recently. She couldn't abandoned the man she loves. Her heart ached just thinking about it.

She sighs as she looks back at Grogu then up to the Jedi. "As much as I would love to know more about my abilities, I'd rather you'd focus more on the Child. He's young and has much more of a chance than I do. But...like my father before me, I have a place with someone." She replied and she lowers one of her hands and takes Din's hand in hers.

He looks over at her, shocked. He had stood there for the last few seconds, worrying that now two people that were important to him were gonna leave. He was already preparing for the heartbreak whenever she says she'll go. He loves her and wants her around but if she decided that she wanted to go, he wasn't going to stop her.

But when she said she wanted to stay with him, his heart leapt with joy, and it took every fiber of his being not to pull her in for a kiss.

The Jedi nods slightly at (y/n) and said. "I understand."

(Y/n) looks down at Grogu and gives a small smile. "I'm sorry, buddy. I can't come. I mean, somebody's got to watch him." (Y/n) said as she nods towards Din, which made Grogu coo at this. Then (y/n) goes and takes off her necklace and holds it out to Grogu.

"This was given to me by my father and it always brought me luck. But now...I pass it in to you." She said and she places the necklace around Grogu. "Take care of it, okay?" She said and Grogu looks at her then he touches her face, and suddenly (y/n) lets out a soft, yet surprising, gasp. She looks at the Child as he gave her a bright smile. (Y/n) tearfully smiles back at him and kisses his forehead. 

"All right, pal. It's time to go." Din tells him and Grogu looks over at him and whines. "Don't be afraid." (Y/n) said, softly, then she goes and sets him down on the floor. She stands back up and let's out a shaky breath as Din places an arm around her.

Then both of them felt something on their feet, they look down and see Grogu had one hand on Din's leg and the other on her leg. He looks up at them like he wanted to stay until an R2 unit droid comes up and beeps.

Grogu turns and walks to the droid and it seemed like they were communicating with each other as the droid beeped and Grogu coos at it. The Jedi watches this interaction for a moment then looks up at the two hunters and nods. They nod back as Grogu raises his arms out to the Jedi, who bends down and picks him up.

"May the Force be with you." The Jedi said and he turns around and walks away while Grogu stares at his protectors over the Jedi's shoulder. Tears started to fall, silently, down (y/n)'s face as she wraps her right arm around Din's waist and he places his left arm around her shoulders.

"Did he say anything to you? I..I noticed the way you two stared at each other, it was like with him and Ashoka." Din asked (y/n), quietly, and (y/n) sniffs at this. "When he touched my cheek, I could hear his thoughts. He said...he'll never forget us." She whispered to him and Din smirks a bit. "He also said something else."

"What else did he say?" Din asked her, a curious look shadowed his face. She looks up at him just as the Jedi and the droid get inside the elevator. "I love you, mom and dad." she said and they stare, lovingly, at each other before they look back at Grogu.

He looks at the two as (y/n) leans her head against Din's chest and he leans his head against her, both of them giving a sad smile towards him. And at that moment, as Grogu takes one last look at his parents, the elevator door shuts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 765 11
A Marvel fanfic (Wolverine/Logan x Mutant! Reader) You followed the trail of smoke around the corner and there he was, leaning with his back agains...
12.4K 316 15
Y/N has known the turtles all her life and accepted them for who they were. Plus, she bonded the most with Raphael. However, her parents did not. The...
104K 3.2K 26
You have been Jim's best friend ever since you can remember, ever since Jim's dad left and your mom died, you both have been a couple of troublemaker...
141K 3.4K 6
Your life was full of laughter. You were always happy and always cracking a joke. Then you gave your own life to save a little girl. So when you wa...