Her Second Chance✔ (Completed...

נכתב על ידי jtoughkat

When Cari can no longer contain the pain of her mate being with someone else her pack falls apart. For ten ye... עוד

A/N
1 (edited)
2 (Edited)
3 (Edited)
4 (Edited)
5 (Edited)
6 (Edited)
7 (Edited)
8 (Edited)
9 (Edited)
10 (Edited)
11 (Edited)
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
epilogue
Sequel

16

47.2K 1K 45
נכתב על ידי jtoughkat

Dani

Her head hurt, nausea churning her stomach as she sat up in bed. She groaned, her hand going to her head as she felt dizzy at the movement. What had she eaten last night? She knew she hadn't been drinking. Her mouth tasted like something had died inside it.

"Sorry about that." A dark cool voice intruded and Dani screamed. Which was a bad idea as her head rang in response. Tears flooded her eyes and she blinked them back, hating that she appeared weak to someone who'd invaded her pack, her room.

"Who are you?" She demanded. "What do you want?"

The room was still dark and he seemed to be seating in the shadows. Even her were sight couldn't seem to penetrate the shroud that covered him. Which left Dani feeling very vulnerable, something she hated more than anything. And sitting in bed didn't help either. With her eyes glued to the corner where she thought he was, she slid out of the bed.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" He asked.

Dani took a step closer. "What are you doing in my room?"

"Not very observant are you little wolf?" He mocked. "This isn't your room," there was a pregnant silence. "It's mine."

No two words had ever sounded so sinister. Dani's heart sank in fear. She took a quick look at the room and realized nothing in it was familiar. Though most of it was in the shadows, the bed she'd been in was a queen where hers was a double. It had a an intricate headboard made from some light wood that seemed to catch the light. Besides it was a glass side table framed in the same wood.

The two pieces looked pricey, like something she could expect from a very wealthy Alpha's home. At the thought her skin dued with fear, a scream building inside her. She tried to reach out to her wolf but even the shred of it that she had left was gone.

Dani swallowed, panic making her already poor sight worse. "You kidnapped me." Instead of outraged, her tone came out weak.

"Yes."

For some reason that one unapologetic word grated on her nerves. She stood up straighter, her fist curling as she glared at his corner. "How dare you?"

"Careful little wolf, in this place your abilities are dampened. No mind speaking, no enhanced strength, no connecting to the elements." He taunted.

Gritting her teeth she took another step towards him then stopped as his eyes appeared  through the darkness. She gasped. His eyes were golden, metallic. The eyes of a dragon. With slow deliberation he moved closer, his figure piercing into the light dramatically.

Dani fought to keep her ground as his buff form drew closer. His shoulders cast a dark shadow over her and she shivered at that etheric touch. She stared up into his eyes with a dark thrill of awe.

The dragon stalking towards her was exquisite. While paranormals were beautiful creatures this male was a cut above them. He had a face only an artist could chisel out. A jaw that seemed capable of cutting class and high cheekbones framed deep-set eyes. His lips looked firm and eminently kissable.

Wait, what?

She closed her mouth with a snap. Those lips curled into a knowing smirk and Dani fumed. All she wanted was to slap the arrogant smile off his face but she refrained. She'd tried to mind link her dad and had had no luck, even with her Alpha. Alone in a strange place, the last thing she could afford was to antagonize her captor.

"What do you want?" She demanded.

His lips shifted into a superior smile, one that was nothing more than a lifting of the corner of his lips. "Isn't it obvious little wolf?"

She was starting to hate that nickname of his. "Wow me with your intelligence." She replied with sarcasm.

"You have some bite to you. Good. I've always hated simpering females."

"Charmed."

He smiled again, this time a dazzling smile that brought out a pair of dimples. Dani blinked at the blinding, beautiful expression. Then shook her head to get that thought out of her mind. He might be attractive but he'd somehow managed to kidnap her.

She frowned as memories of last night came back. Her heart stopped, Cari! "Where's my cousin?"

"Don't worry my little wolf, she's still unconscious. I wanted to have some time alone with you to...talk."

She swallowed. "About what?"

He came closer, until he was a breath away from her, his chest almost touching hers. She held her ground. "In a minute," he purred. "First, I want to take a good look at you."

He walked around her as she stood frozen with confusion. Looking her up and down, he smiled again, a pleased one. He seemed to be found of his smiles and Dani could imagine him having a lot of girls falling all over themselves for him. Oh Lunar! What was wrong with her? She should be trying to get as much info out of him and planning her escape. First was where her cousin was.

"Where's my cousin?" She demanded.

"Tsk tsk tsk little wolf, this isn't your game little wolf. My game, my rules." His eyes drilled into hers with superiority. "You might want to settle in, you'll be staying for a while."

There was a lot of steel in his voice even as he seemed to be playful. Most of all, he oozed with the kind of power she'd only ever sensed in one other person, Andre. Come to think of it, he resembled the wolven prince a lot.

"Why do you look like Andre?" She asked.

"Do I?" Dani scowled up at him, much to his apparent amusement. "Tell me little wolf, do you like your prince?"

"Yes, of course."

"Nothing in life is obvious."

He gritted her teeth. "What do you want?"

"I already have what I want," he stated with that superior smile. "The hidden wolf."

Her eyes widened at that. "What?"

"Yes. Did you know a hidden shifter can become of another kind not of their birth? It has to do with their ability to take on the power of their mate."

She wasn't going to let him get his hands on Cari, no matter what she'd have to do. Her cousin had just started living again and she wasn't going to allow this vain dragon to mess up her life. "The mating has already started." She countered.

"But isn't complete. A power hungry blonde got in the way, I believe. The same blonde who hired the men who captured you and your cousin. And do you know what she also provided?"

Dani was shaking inside even as she kept herself still. Why couldn't Claire be satisfied with what she had? And to consort with dragons? What had she been thinking? She couldn't believe she'd get away, would she?

"She gave them a way to sever the mating bond. A little of her blood, some from a true mate and a little magic."

"Dark magic." She gasped.

"A necessary evil, but soon I'll have the hidden wolf to myself. As my mate."

"Over my dead body." She declared.

"No need for that little wolf, your death is the last thing I want. It'd be such a waste."

"Then why take both of us?"

"Leverage little wolf. How else would I get my little treasure without it?"

Something didn't make sense here. Why was he telling her all this? Did he expect her to convince Cari to mate with him to save her own life? "You won't get away with it. They'll come for us."

"Oh, but this place is warded against anyone but me. You can go anywhere. Just don't leave." He smiled at her, another smug one. "It's been a pleasure talking to you sweetheart. I'll get breakfast sent to you."

He turned and Dani watched him walk away with an open mouth. How was she going to get out of this? How was she going to save her cousin from this powerful dragon?

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

1.6K 11 39
Reed has just lost his mother when his best friend suggests he finds some happiness by finding his mate. Simone lost her own mother years ago and ha...
99.3K 3.2K 67
~A Royal Werewolf Princess ~ My name Selena my parents are alphas of our pack which makes me the princess. Soon I will find my mate, someone to love...
195K 5.5K 36
WARNING: UNDER EXTREME EDITING An Alpha King A Human Girl Alpha King Luca Mason, 23, known to be the greatest Alpha of all time. The only thing is he...
3.5M 125K 66
Only days after her eighteenth birthday, Charlotte finally joins her pack in attending the Winter Solstice, a gathering of the four Western packs in...