Silver Lining (Newtmas)

By thenanotherfangirl

(NOTE: CONTAINS SPOILERS) Thomas had always stared at Newt behind the screens of WICKED. When Newt was sent u... More

1 - Acceptance
2 - A New Beginning?
3 - Change of Plans
4 - Confusion
5 - Tommy
6 - Questions and Answers
7 - Rebel
8 - Almost, But Not Quite
9 - Intruder
10 - One Step Further
11 - Promise Me
12 - Fantasies
13 - Beginnings and Endings
14 - Belief
15 - Decisions
16 - Out
17 - Revealed
THANK YOU <3
19 - Two Broken Souls
20 - Blissful
21 - Scorched
22 - Trusted
23 - Downhill
24 - Problems Amongst Problems
25 - Playing With Emotions
26 - The One That Got Away
27 - Good Or Evil
28 - Strangled, Afraid
29 - Angels and Demons
30 - Drug
31 - Give Or Take
32 - Electrotonic
33 - Soft Edges and Fading Ink
34 - Dark, Darker
35 - Celestial
36 - Eclipse
37 - And Now I Sit In Silence
38 - Lullaby
39 - Blink
40 - The Last One That You'll Ever Remember
Epilogue

18 - Fever

5.1K 206 334
By thenanotherfangirl

Thomas POV

Newt pushed me roughly into a room. Its walls were white, metallic. Tables folded and chairs stacked. Letters eched on glass panels around the room.

WICKED.

Newt looked... younger. But just as hot. His eyes were dark with fever. His hands were on my chest, grasping at my shirt. Mine were around his neck.

The door swung close behind us. Immediately, he attacked my mouth with his lips. I kissed back just as deeply. I seemed to know what I was doing. I cupped his face as my back hit a wall. His fingers tugged on my hair.

I opened my mouth, moaning. His tongue explored my mouth, dancing with mine. I was crazy; I just couldn't get enough of him.

~

Newt's POV

"Newt... Oh Newt...!" I woke up to someone calling my name. I looked beside me. Tommy was still asleep, but he must have been dreaming because he was panting lightly, sweating and calling my name.

He opened his mouth a little, letting a moan escape. My heart stuttered in my chest. "Newt, please, Newt, oh...!" He panted. He bit his lip, hiking his leg atop my waist.

I bit back a moan. He looked so sexy doing that... I wondered what he was dreaming of. I had a good idea of what it was, and it turned me on. Incredibly.

I couldn't help myself - I kissed him on the lips, and he immediately kissed back. I wondered if he was still asleep. His lips were slightly chapped and I wetted them with my tongue.

"Mmf, Newt," he groaned, finally opening his eyes. I wrapped my arms around him, sneaking my cold hands under his shirt. He shivered as I caressed his back, sucking on a spot on his neck. His moans and whimpers came in short pants. It was driving me crazy, his reactions that is. Oh God. I need him.

~

Thomas POV

This was positively the best way to wake up. My love kissing me after a dream of my love kissing me. But suddenly I felt a snap in my mind.

It was like a rubber band had been broken. It left me feeling empty, confused. I froze, and Newt noticed.

"What's wrong, Tommy?" He asked, genuine concern on his face. I tried to focus on the emptiness. Something had been broken, that was originally there. I could feel it.

And then I realised. Teresa.

She was gone.

Teresa?

Teresa? Are you there? I tried to call out to her in my mind, but the only thing I felt was the echoing of my own soundless voice in my head. Despair seeped into my mind.

I only knew I was shaking when Newt put his hands on mine, enveloping them in his warmth. "Tommy, are you okay?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Teresa... She's gone. I can't feel her anymore."

"You mean that talking-in-your-head thing?"

"Yeah. Newt, I don't know- I don't know what to do. Why is she gone? What are they doing to her?"

Newt opened his mouth to reply, but just then, a loud rattling noise sounded. I turned my head towards the door.

Click.

A scream tore through the night.

I could see from my spot on the bed as blankets were thrown off as figures sat up, woken up by the scream.

My heart pounded in my chest. Did this have something to do with Teresa?

The window above our drawers broke, panes scattering all over the floor. I winced. I screamed as a face appeared in the window, blood running freely from its nose. Its eyes were red rimmed, hair messy with bloody blond strands stuck to its face. It was a woman; perhaps used to be a pretty one, but now - not so much. 

Soon after, all hell broke loose. Many faces joined that one face, breaking the glass with their cracked bloody hands and reaching in through the iron frames of the window. Everyone was awake and out of their beds, scrambling to get as far away as possible from the monsters. Manic laughter and terrified screams filled the room.

"What are you?!" Minho shouted at one, stabbling its dirty arm with a shard of glass. Blood seeped out, but the person seemed to feel no pain. 

"We're Cranks. We're past the gone, and it's so much fun!" The first girl shrieked, laughing in glee. "I'm Rose," she said, sniffing.

I grimaced, shielding my eyes as the sun came up. It wasn't like the golden sun of the Glade; it was piercing and bright, a white globe in the air. The Cranks seemed to notice the sun too as looks of horror flashed upon their faces.

There was a ruffled hustling as they scrambled away into the horizon, from wherever they had come from. I heaved a sigh of relief and slumped on a bed. That was way too early in the morning.

Click.

Silence.

We all heard it. It was the door, now unlocked. I glanced around at the Gladers. I was almost certain it was a trap, but how could I not open the door.

Curiosity killed the cat. Oh well.

Cautiously, I opened the door. Right in front of us across the corridor was another door, this one wide open. It lead to the dining room from yesterday night, but it was dark. Ominous. Calling.

I stepped in.

Newt followed close behind me, his hand finding mine in the dark. We walked on, breathing in some scent of mild rotting. Beside me, Newt stopped suddenly. A groan sounded.

"Table, look out for tables," he announced. I would have snorted and ruffled his hair if not for the fact that I was terrified out of my mind. Oh, he was so cute.

I stopped short when the lights flickered on. Not one by one, all together. For a second I was blinded by the light, but then the room came into view. The first thing I registered was that there were things hanging from the ceiling. The next was that they were bodies.

I swallowed back puke.

Hurriedly, I scanned their faces to see if tehy were anyone I knew. My eyes zoomed in on one. Chuck.

"Chuck! NO!" I heard myself shout, before collapsing to the ground. Tears flowed out of my eyes. All I could see was Chuck's face as he held on to one last breath. He was too good. Too young.

And I promised...

~

Newt's POV

My breath hitched in my throat when I saw Chuck. I heard a loud thud beside me, and I knew Tommy had collapsed. I was going to help him up, or hold him, or something, before another face stood out. 

It was the face of an angelic young girl, perhaps only 13. She had long blonde hair and impish features. And she looked ...familiar. Almost like me.

A wave of recognition and grief so strong I had to stablise myself hit me. 

I knew her. She was my sister.

I had a sister.

A/N: OMFG IM SO SORRY FOR THE ULTRA LATE UPDATE!!! ugh XP I'm finally back home now. BTW, next chapter may contain probably the closest to smut I will write in a long time (AKA until they get to Paradise) --> but that is UNCONFIRMED.

To those of you who watches Teen Wolf: did you guys watch the Paleyfest Panel? There was so much Stydia inside X) I sincerely hope they get together omg I'm sorry but I don't ship Marrish or Stalia. Stydia is love.

QOTC: Would you rather witness first hand a passionate kiss between your OTP or have a passionate kiss with your celebrity crush?

AOTP: In this case for me it would be Newtmas or me and Dylan. GAH I can't do this... MAYbe me and Dylan...? Because then not only will I get to kiss him (omfg) I would know him and we'll be friends and stuff (or even more than that) ;)

THANK YOU FOR READING (WE'RE ALMOST AT 10K READS HOLY SHIT) and if you liked this please vote! <3 And comment your feedback too :) It really means a lot to me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 904 25
You were in Group B, with all the other girls, but that all changed when you got lost in the Maze, alone. For days you outran grievers and tried to m...
76.5K 2.1K 28
time wasn't in our favour. this isn't goodbye, it's simply see you later. Book 2 in The Maze Trials Series. Thomas X OC X Newt #1 in A5 - 18.04.21 #1...
The Girl By gabbs

Fanfiction

94.8K 1.6K 69
A Maze Runner Fanfiction When a girl shows up without any warning, how will the Glade handle it? Will they figure out her role? Or will her role be i...
147K 4.8K 32
The gladers are in paradise, wicked is destroyed and Newt is safe. We rejoin the guys 3 years on. But what lies beyond their paradise? The gladers ge...