Her Voice ✿ Emmett Cullen

By PhoenixFire24601

"Her voice echoed through the forest shrilly, causing the vampires around her to cover their ears and wince i... More

Cast
Twilight
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
New Moon
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Eclipse
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Breaking Dawn
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Epilogue
Final A/N

Chapter 15

3.1K 96 1
By PhoenixFire24601

Lyra, Edward, and Emmett ran through the woods. "Lyra, mark that tree." Edward told her. Lyra rubbed her shoulder against the tree and sniffed it slightly, "That's good." Lyra nodded and continued running.

They moved quickly through the woods until Edward suddenly stopped, causing Lyra and Emmett to stop as well. Edward blinked harshly before saying, "He figured it out."

Lyra felt her stomach drop. The tracker was officially after Bella now. She was so frozen in fear she didn't notice Edward and Emmett leave her side until she felt an arm around her shoulders, however it was much slimmer than Emmett's. She tensed as she caught the unfamiliar scent. "Where is she?" A high pitch voice asked as a fire red curl flew into Lyra's field of vision.

"I don't know." She told Victoria, her entire body tensing.

"I think you do." The vampire replied, "My mate is looking for that human girl and you're going to help me help him, or I will snap that pretty little neck of yours." Victoria's hand grasped around Lyra's neck.

"You think I'm pretty?" Lyra asked with a smirk.

"What? No."

"I'm flattered, Victoria, but I already have a partner and I'm not looking for another."

"Stop it."

Lyra laughed lightly, "Anyways, I don't think I will help you."

"I could break you in half with my bare hands." Victoria threatened, scowling at Lyra.

"You can try."

Victoria's grip tightened around Lyra's throat, "Don't get cocky with me, little girl."

"'Little?' I'm taller than you."

Victoria growled angrily, her grip tightening more, causing Lyra to wheeze slightly. Victoria smirked slightly before scowling again as Lyra began to laugh lightly. "What are you laughing at?" She growled.

"This." Lyra wheezed before flicking her wrist and sending Victoria fly into a tree. She immediately ran towards the Cullen house, passing by Emmett, who was on his way back for her. "Other way, dumbass." She called to him as she passed by. Emmett rolls his eyes and turns around to run beside her.

"Where were you?" He asked worriedly.

"Pissing off a red-headed bitch."

***

Lyra sat in the back seat of Edward's Volvo beside Emmett as Carlisle drove them to Phoenix. "Edward, are you okay?" She heard Bella ask.

"We've lost the tracker. The woman's still in the area. She threatened Lyra to try and get information on you but Lyra managed to fend her off." Edward informed Bella.

"Is Lyra okay? Is my dad?"

"Yeah, she's fine. Rosalie is going back to Forks to help Esme protect your father. I'm coming to get you. Then you and I are gonna go somewhere alone. And, the others will keep hunting. I'll do whatever it takes to make you safe again."

"I love you, Edward."

"I love you, too, Bella." With that, he hung up the phone.

"That was the cheesiest phone call I've heard." Lyra drawled.

"Shut up, Lyra." Edward told her through gritted teeth.

"What?" She asked, "I'm sorry. You sounded like the broody and dramatic love interest from one of those cheesy teen romance movies." Edward shot a glare back at Lyra as Emmett buried his face in her shoulder to hide his laughter.

"Now's not the time, Lyra." Carlisle told her, looking at the banshee through the rear view mirror, however she could see a glint of amusement in his eyes through the same mirror.

***

Lyra ran as fast as she could into the ballet studio, flicking her wrist to send James flying off of Bella just as he bit her. Edward rushed to Bella's side as James' attention turned to Lyra. "I hope you brought those earplugs, Edward." Lyra thought as James began to rush at her. She opened her mouth and let out a shrill scream so powerful that it caused the ground to shudder, her eyes glowing bright red. James was sent flying back into the wall.

Lyra kept screaming until the other Cullens had entered the room, all with earplugs in. Carlisle and Alice rushed over to Bella and Edward as Jasper and Emmett began ripping up floorboards to start the fire. Lyra felt blood begin to drip from her nose as soon as she noticed the fire start. She cut off the scream and immediately stuck her hands out towards James, floating him over towards Jasper, and Emmett. The boys held onto James' arms as Lyra rushed over and jumped up, ripping off his head and throwing it into the fire before Emmett and Jasper ripped off his arms. Her eyes were a bright red as she took what was left of his body and tore it in half with her mind before throwing it into the fire as well.

Lyra felt little remorse for what she did, wiping the blood from her nose as she watched the fire burn. She reached a hand, pulling up more floorboards and throwing them into the fire as well. "Edward, stop. Her blood is clean. You're killing her." She heard Carlisle say. She barely flicked her wrist in Edward's direction, sending him flying away from Bella. No one was going to hurt Bella, not if Lyra had anything to say about it.

She heard grunts behind her as Edward tried to rush towards her, an animalistic growl leaving his mouth as Emmett held him back. Jasper quickly calmed Edward down, causing the bronze-haired vampire to begin to see reason. Once he realized what he was doing, he sent Lyra a look that was both apologetic and thankful. She merely nodded in reply before wiping more blood from her nose.

***

Lyra stood outside of Bella's hospital room, waiting for her turn to talk to Bella. Renee had just left. "So, what happened? Where's James?" She heard Bella ask.

"We took care of it." Edward replied, "And, the woman, Victoria, she ran off,"

"I'm alive because of you."

"No, you're in here because of me." Edward said, causing Lyra to roll her eyes, "The worst part of it was that I didn't think I was going to be able to stop."

"You did stop."

"No, Lyra stopped me." Edward muttered before adding, "Bella, you gotta go to Jacksonville so I can't hurt you anymore."

Lyra sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, "Could someone be any angstier?"

Edward shot a glare towards the door before looking back at Bella. "What?" Bella asked, processing what Edward had said, "Are you... No! No!" She furrowed her brows in frustration, "How— I don't even know what you're— How— What are you talking about? You want me to go away? I-I-I can't. No, I can't... I can't just leave you. I-"

"I know."

"We can't be apart. You can't leave me."

"I'm here."

"Okay, just don't... You can't just say stuff like that to me. Ever."

"Where else am I gonna go?"

There is silence for a few moments before Bella asks, "Where are you going?"

"Someone else wants to talk to you."

Taking that as her cue, Lyra stepped into the room, "Hey, Bells."

"Lyra!" Bella exclaims, a slight smile pulling at her lips.

Lyra grins. She shares a glance with Edward before he leaves the room. "How ya doin', Bells?" She asks.

"Edward is an ass sometimes, but I love him." Bella replies.

Lyra chuckles, "Yeah, I kinda got that."

"You heard that entire conversation, didn't you?"

"Yep."

Bella sighs before changing the subject, "What happened with James? Edward didn't seem very inclined to share and I don't really remember much after you got there except for a really loud high pitch sound."

Lyra sighed before explaining what happened. When she was done, she looked at Bella. "The worst part is: I don't feel any guilt for what I did to James." She admitted, "I killed him with my bare hands and I don't regret it one bit. I feel like I should feel something. I mean, I literally killed someone, but I feel completely indifferent about it. Is there something wrong with me, Bells?"

"I think you saved my life." Bella said, taking her best friend's hand, "I think you protected me from him and that is why you don't feel any regret. He threatened me and you stopped him, and I am so very grateful to you for doing that, Lyra. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome, Bells." Lyra replied before kissing the back of Bella's hand and letting go of it, standing up, "I think gonna go."

"Lyra, can you-"

"Yeah, I'll send Eddie right back in." Lyra replied before walking towards the door, only turning back briefly, "And, Bells, if Eddie gets all broody again, give him a couple slaps on the back of the head for me."

"Will do."

"Awesome, thanks."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 812 32
Eilijah is Carlisle's daughter from before he was turned. She went looking and got bitten too. She's been looking for him for years, what happens whe...
367K 10.9K 107
Bella Swan and her adopted sister Y/n Swan, move to forks, so their mother can be happy with her husband. How will this change their lifes and what w...
238K 5.2K 29
Becka Swan's life has been flipped upside down, she went from having the perfect boyfriend & the best of friends to everyone feuding again, The Culle...
137K 2.9K 73
"She smiled gently as she nuzzled her cheek into his hand and gently placed her hand against his. 'I love you.' She breathed. 'I love you too, darlin...