In Between

By Bails701

You're an FBI agent at the BAU, something you've always wanted to do growing up. And now, you've made it, at... More

1. The Beginning
2. The Beginning: pt. 2
3. An End to A Remarkable Begining
4. Unpredictable
5. Girls Day
6. Girls Night
7. The Hardest Thing
8. Inconveniece
9. Opening Statements
10. Proceedings
11. The End Result
12. The Celebratory Dinner
13. Surprise, Surprise
14. Choices
15. Decisions, Decisions
16. An Unexpected Case
17. John A. Monroe
18. Harley
19. Panic and Reassurance
20. Stella Rhodes
21. Nick Gray
22. New Colleagues
23. Thursday
24. Friday: The Party
25. Fourth of July
26. Ready
27. The One With The Wedding
28. Ivy
29. A Fresh One
30. The Talk
31. Betrayal
32. Moving Day
34. Back In Virginia - Filler Chapter
35. The February Agreement
36. Official - Filler Chapter
37. Different
38. The Boston Reaper 2.0
39. The End Of The Ghost Murderer
40. The Finale
41. Acknowledgements and Things

33. The 28th Birthday

192 4 103
By Bails701

Previously: You had moved into your new apartment with Derek's help, and things have been different between the both of you.

Time jump: January

You and Derek have had this fling going on between the both of you for about a few months now. The hardest thing about it is keeping it away from a bunch of profilers. Especially from Spencer. Do you feel bad? A little, but then again he hurt you first. Plus, it's really none of his business who you sleep with. It's inching closer and closer to your 28th birthday. Were you excited? A little, but it's the first birthday where your Dad isn't here. You had no idea what you wanted for your birthday. You ultimately decided to leave to go hangout with your Mom.

You and your Mom had a tradition every year for your birthday. You'd be in your bed and she'd come in to say "Happy birthday little girl." She'd climb into your bed and tell you your birth story and such. You'd always fly out a few days before to spend some time with your parents, now it's just your Mom. You had informed Hotch about taking a few days off and it was approved.

Today was the nineteenth, you were planning on leaving on the twentieth. It's around six PM. Penelope told everyone to dress up nicely, no questions asked. And who would ever question Penelope Garcia? A few days ago, you and the girls went to the mall to get outfits, then to the nail salon afterwards. You picked out a white lacy dress that had a embroidered flower pattern on it. For your nails, you went with a marble pattern with gold flakes.

Once you showered and did your routine, you got dressed. As always, you put in earrings, a necklace, and sprayed some perfume. Once you grabbed your purse, phone, keys and anything else you needed, you made your way to the BAU. You had an idea what the party was for, but you weren't going to say anything. It took a little longer than usual but you still made it there at a decent time. You flash your badge like you always do and headed for the elevator.

Once the elevator dinged, you walk out to see all the lights were out. You open the glass doors to the bullpen and call out names.

Y/N: "Penelope? Emily? JJ? Derek? Hello? Anyone?"

Then all of a sudden, the lights turn on and everyone screams "Happy early birthday!"

Y/N: "Oh my God you guys!"

Penelope: "Welcome to your early birthday party!"

Y/N: "I honestly had no idea Pen, thank you!" You say giving her a hug.

Emily: "Wow, look at you, guys doesn't she look great??"

Tara: "She really does!"

Alvez: "Who are you trying to impress looking like that?"

Y/N: "I'm allowed to look nice for myself Alvez."

JJ: "She's not wrong."

Hotch: "Happy early birthday Monroe."

Y/N: "Thank you Hotch." You say smiling a bit.

Penelope: "Are you ready for the festivities??"

Y/N: "Absolutely, hit me, what are they??"

Penelope: "Well, here at the BAU is the fueling station! We snack, drink a little, then we go to somewhere else!"

Y/N: "Well it sounds like a lot of preparation took place, how long were you planning this?"

Emily: "Well we all collectively took part in planning this whole thing."

Y/N: "Alright, are we waiting for anyone else? Or is everyone here?"

Derek: "Pretty boy isn't here."

Y/N: "Maybe he's sick. Or running late."

Alvez: "Could we start this? I'm starving."

Penelope: "Y/N?"

Y/N: "For sure, let's start!"

Once you got to the table, you saw all of your favorites. You were surprised that someone remembered everything you enjoyed. But then you remembered that you shouldn't be surprised at all. Spencer and his eidetic memory. He literally couldn't forget anything, even if he tried to. You shake the thoughts away and grab some food and a drink. You sat down at your desk and Derek came to you.

Derek: "Hey there Monroe."

Y/N: "Hey Morgan."

Derek: "You look great."

Y/N: "You don't look too bad yourself." You said smiling.

Derek: "Are you having a good time so far?"

Y/N: "Yep! I can't wait for what's next!"

After a few minutes of everyone coming and talking to you, Penelope stated that it was time to go to the next place. There was one limo that was able to fit everyone. There were conversations all throughout the ride until you made it to your destination, which was Rossi's house. Everyone came out of the limo and started to walk up to Rossi's door. Since it was your party, they let you knock. Once you knocked, Rossi opened the door and greeted everyone in Italian.

Rossi: "Happy early birthday Y/N!"

Y/N: "Thank you Rossi. So, what's the festivity here?"

Rossi: "A cooking lesson, what else would it be?"

Y/N: "Ah of course, let's get started shall we?"

Everyone agreed and Rossi started his little presentation. In the middle of it, Spencer came in and apologized for being late. It was kind of awkward. You haven't really talked to him except whenever there was a case. Once Rossi was done, the pasta was served and everyone ate and drank a glass of wine. When everyone was done, Rossi said he had a present for you.

Y/N: "Oh Rossi you didn't have to."

Rossi: "Oh nonsense, here, take it."

Rossi gave you a small box. You opened the box to see two small earrings.

Rossi: "They're Garnet earrings because Garnet is your birthstone."

Y/N: "Aww thank you so much Rossi, I'll wear these everyday." You said smiling.

Rossi: "Alright kiddos, it was nice to see all of you again"

Everyone collectively said it was nice to see him too, and went back into the limo. Now it's time for the next stop.

Y/N: "Where to next?"

Emily: "Wine tasting!"

Y/N: "I can't wait!"

Eventually you made it to the wine tasting place, then to a shooting range where you beat Derek again, then a club, then to a nice restaurant for some more food. The night ended at eleven, which was very late considering that you needed to go to the airport the next day. Everyone was dropped off to their places. You didn't even get out of your clothes, you just threw yourself on your bed and Harley joined you.

~

It's the next morning and you wake up with a pounding headache. You shouldn't have drank that much, but it was a party. You go into your bathroom and look for a pain reliever in the medicine cabinet. Once you found them, you popped two into your mouth and placed your head under the faucet to drink some water. After taking them, you quickly strip out of your dress and turn on the shower. When the water hit your skin it was instant relief. After doing your shower routine, you threw on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt along with your Converse. You gather your suitcases then drive to the airport. Once you step in, you see the team waiting for you.

Y/N: "Hey guys, what're you doing here?"

Penelope: "We wanted to say goodbye!"

Y/N: "Aww, how sweet of you all." You say with a smile.

You give everyone a hug along with a goodbye, but then you got to Spencer.

Y/N: "Bye Reid."

Reid: "Goodbye Y/N, have a safe flight."

Y/N: "Thanks." You give him a tight-lipped smile.

You quickly as Penelope if she could watch Harley and house-sit for you while you were gone and she said yes. While you were leaving to the gate, everyone waved and kept saying goodbye.

Once your bags were checked in and you boarded the plane, you sat in your seat. A flight attendant offered you a water and you accepted. Once the plane started to fly, you shut your eyes.

Someone nudged you awake once you landed. You get off the plane and go to the baggage claim. You call your Mom letting her know that you landed safely. It turns out that she was already there. You walk out of the baggage claim and search for your Mom. After a few minutes of searching, you saw your Mom and quickly walked in her direction. You placed your bags down and gave her a hug.

Mom: "Welcome home Y/N, I've missed you!"

Y/N: "I've missed you too Mom." You say laughing a little.

Mom: "Are you ready to go home?"

Y/N: "Absolutely. Let's go."

You pick your bags again and your Mom leads you to the car. You place your luggage in the back seats then sit in the front. You and your Mom talked all throughout the car ride. You tell her almost everything that's been happening. Everything but Derek. It wasn't like you and Derek were dating, so there wasn't anything to tell really. Your Mom already knew that you and Spencer aren't together anymore.

~

Three Days Later - Your Birthday

It's twelve AM. Your Mom walks into your room and plants a kiss on your forehead waking you up.

Mom: "Happy birthday little girl."

You rub your eyes and say "Hey." then scooch over a bit so she could get into your bed.

Mom: "I can't believe how fast you're growing up."

Y/N: "I'm already grown up Mom."

Mom: "You know what I mean Y/N."

Y/N: "Yeah I know."

Mom: "What do you think of your life so far?"

Y/N: "It's been crazy and interesting at the same time. So much has happened."

Mom: "Any complaints?"

Y/N: "I just life was easier. No complications you know?"

Mom: "Yeah, but life isn't life without the bumps in the road."

Y/N: "Yeah, I get that."

Mom: "And it's so hard to believe, that at exactly at this time, many moons ago, I was lying in exactly the same position.."

Y/N: "Oh boy, here we go."

Your mom chuckles a bit then continues on with her traditional story like she does every year.

Mom: "...Only I had a huge fat stomach and big fat ankles and I was swearing like a sailor."

Y/N: "On leave."

Mom: "On leave, that's right! And there I was..."

Y/N: "In labor."

Mom: "And while some have called it the most meaningful experience of your life, to me it was something more akin to doing the splits on a crate of dynamite." She nodded before continuing the story.

Y/N: "I wonder if the Halperts ever did this."

Mom: "And I was screaming and swearing and being surrounded as I was by a hundred prominent doctors, I just assumed there was an actual use for the cups of ice chips they gave me."

Y/N: "There wasn't."

Mom: "But pelting the nurses sure was fun."

Y/N: "I love you Mom." You say as you begin to slowly drift off to sleep again.

Mom: "Shh, we're getting to the part where he sees your head. So there I was..."

You didn't hear anything else because you drifted off to sleep. You were asleep until you woke up at a regular time the same morning. And just like every morning, your Mom cooked you your favorite breakfast. After eating, you suggested to go to your Dad's gravestone. A new tradition if you will. Your Mom agreed and you both got ready for the day.

~

You both finally made it to his gravestone and you wanted to say a few words.

"Hey Dad, it's me. I miss you, so much. I wish you could be here with us, with me. It's the first year without you on my birthday. I'm not gonna lie, it's been hard. I don't know what's harder, the first year without you on my birthday, or that a whole year without you is coming up. I hope that everything's good up there, and I hope they're treating you well up there. One day you'll be united with Mom, then I'll be up there with you both dancing up in the stars and the sunsets."

You look over to your Mom and of course she's crying a little bit. You place a comforting hand on her back. You give your Mom some privacy to say some things to her husband. Once she's done, you decide to drive considering your Mom was still teary-eyed. You both get home and just watch all of your favorite movies and order out from your favorite restaurant.

~ End of Ch. 33 ~

A.N:

Hey guys, I hope you're enjoying and I hope everything's well! The birth story is actually from an episode in Gilmore Girls! Also I apologize that this chapter was shorter than usually expected. As always, the dress and nails along with the earrings are below <3

~

Y/N's dress

Y/N's nails

The earrings

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 2.7K 40
| Currently being re-written | Y/n has been at the BAU for five year, she's comfortable with whole team. But shes closer around Agent Hotchner. She b...
71 0 3
joining the BAU wasn't exactly a spur of the moment decision because being a 24 year old girl genius having the IQ of 176, 3 BA's and 3 PhDs as well...
74.8K 1.3K 30
Y/n's trauma leads to her fallout and Spencer's relapse. After an altercation at work Y/n decides to disappear, leaving Spencer alone. After years of...
23.6K 629 21
"How can be sure when your whole job is to pretend?" "I was never sure about anything until I met you." Y/N L/N is an A-Lister in the film industry a...