What Goes Around Comes Around

By KeiDieeeM

Not all heroes wear fancy costumes. That was a conclusion Izuku thought of after an experiment on his quirk t... More

Chapter 1: Karma: Present time
Chapter 2: Karma: The Origin
Chapter 3: Fake News and Traps
Chapter 4: Ambushed
Chapter 5: Point of No Return
Chapter 6: Kacchan
Chapter 7: Shinsou Hitomi
Chapter 8: What Makes A Hero
Chapter 9: Expecting the Unexpected
Chapter 11: First Week of Classes
Chapter 12: Sports Festival..?

Chapter 10: What Did I Get Myself Into?

34 3 0
By KeiDieeeM

Izuku heard a loud explosion followed by hurried cries of panic.

Not from his immediate surroundings but from the little speaker on his earrings connected to Hero-san's control room.

Which means Hitoshi might be in trouble.

Which is a freaking mystery since his childhood friend should currently be in the middle of the practical part of the entrance exam of UA.

Which is luckily held simultaneously with the assessment exam for the recommendation students.

The last assessment serves to record how fast they can finish an obstacle course. They are allowed to use their quirks and collect flags with their designated colors along the course. Initially, Izuku decided not to use his quirk until he's required to use it in class, but he's in a bind right now.

The finish line is already in his field of vision.

Izuku made a portal and teleported to the finish line beside their proctor which is none other than the elusive hero, Eraserhead. The hero/teacher has an unphased look on his face, but Izuku could tell that the man was a little surprised by the stunt he did.

"I thought you'll never use your quirk today," he asked.

"Sorry sensei, I have an urgent matter to tend to, can I go now?" Izuku hurriedly asked. The distance between him and the hero is quite too close for his fanboy heart, but he has no time to be flustered about it.

"Yeah, sure," the teacher said, unbothered by the teenager's haste.

"Thanks," Izuku was about to leave when he remembered something. "Uhm, sensei? Where is Ground Beta?"

The hero immediately became suspicious but remembered that security cameras and bots are all around the campus. It assured him that this troublemaker can't cause a scene at the examination sites.

"It's the farthest open dome at the back of this building."

A portal immediately opened on the floor between Aizawa and the troublesome teenager. And without any warning, the green-haired kid jumped into the portal and disappeared along with it.

After a few minutes, all the recommended students have crossed the finish line. He dismissed them immediately and went directly to the viewing room.

He's now curious about what happened to Ground Beta.

///

"You've got to be kidding me," Izuku said in disbelief.

The minute he arrived at Ground Beta; he instantly saw Hitoshi jumping almost as high as the giant robot's height.

In one punch, the robot got destroyed. His friend looks so cool. It's like he's watching a hero-villain fight. No wonder All Might chose him as his successor and passed him his quirk.

But soon Izuku's heartbeat flatlined.

Izuku can't recall if All Might can fly but the purple-haired teen was falling to sure death. Izuku must teleport him now, he might get him disqualified, but at least he's alive.

As Izuku gathers his concentration, he noticed a girl riding a floating rock approaching the falling boy. It looks like she's trying to save Hitoshi.

He had no choice but to give her a chance, he'll just put a portal below just in case. She should have a telekinetic quirk or something similar, right? She's not just uselessly approaching him, right?

Right?!

Time slowed as the girl getting closer to the falling boy.

And Izuku should be surprised when the first thing the girl did when she was on touching distance was to slap Hitoshi.

Like how could she slap a person falling to his death?

But he's not the one to judge since he's betting his friend's life and his mission's sake on a girl riding a floating rock. Which by the way, was a good choice since Hitoshi's falling slowed down like he's a feather that had fallen off a pigeon's wing. Her quirk might have something to do with gravity.

Izuku let go of the breath he was holding since he saw his friend punching a giant robot. He was looking at the crowd of examinees who were as stupefied as him at the turn of events. Like how the gravity girl is puking rainbows and stuff.

"I think there are more chances of me dying of heart attack than a villain attack," Izuku told himself out loud and left as he saw Recovery Girl entering the examination grounds with a bunch of robots.

***

"To-"

Izuku almost called out to his friend. He decided to wait at the entrance as planned instead of the nurse's office to give his friend some time alone with his thoughts.

He deserves it, he had a busy day.

What Izuku had not expected was the girl hovering at Hitoshi silently at a distance like a creepy stalker.

Oho, he can't have that, can we?

"Ahem" Izuku faked a cough once he teleported behind the girl. She screeched like a surprised cat and almost did him with a roundhouse kick if Izuku was not familiar with that move.

"Who.. who are you?" the girl asked as she did a sloppy defensive stance.

"I should be the one asking that since you're the one stalking my friend like a creep." Izuku retorted.

"Your friend? Are you friends with that purple-haired kid?"

Izuku nodded and the girl sighed in relief.

"Good thing he's going home with a friend," she said more to herself than to Izuku.

Izuku raised a brow at the statement. That prompted the girl to explain.

"Your friend saved me today. He was pretty banged up from the exam that even though Recovery Girl already healed him, he looked like we will drop dead any minute. I just want to make sure he reached home safe."

Izuku's internal monologue spiraled out of nowhere.

"Huh? But isn't she the one who saved him from falling? Maybe something happened before that? Well, the speaker he had is not connected to Hitoshi 24/7, it is only connected when Hero-san's operators* deemed it necessary. Maybe the threat only appeared after he saved her."

"Hah, Hitoshi is already a hero."

(*Hero Kaminari had made a lot of bugging devices that he had to hire operators to handle the information gathering. They made specialized speakers to key personnel in case of emergency and special cases.)

"You two knew each other?"

Izuku has cut off his internal monologue. Somehow, Hitoshi noticed two creeps behind the tree talking suspiciously. One is his cryptid childhood friend, and the other is the girl who saved him from falling headfirst to the ground.

"No, no." Izuku defended. "I just notice her stalking you, so I called her out."

The girl looked insulted but didn't say anything. After all, he was right.

"No need to do that, I think she just wants to make sure I got home safe. I figured when she sees me going home with a friend, she will be assured."

"Hitoshi's insight was so on point," Izuku internally praised his childhood friend.

He was about to verbalize his thoughts when they heard someone snickering at the distance.

"Oh, I didn't know there's a nerd club gathering here."

Izuku should expect to run into someone troublesome today. Izuku heard from Mitsuki-san that Kacchan decided to take the entrance exam instead of taking the recommendation as Izuku did. Which is already expected with Kacchan's ego.

"Oh, how could you have forgotten? You're our president." Hitoshi retorted.

Izuku should not but wanted to take a picture of Kacchan's insulted face.

Kacchan and Hitoshi were never on good terms ever since they were introduced to each other. They were always ready to get into each other's nerves and doesn't have any intention to back down. It's always Izuku's job to dissipate the tension. Good thing they are not studying at the same school before, or else his green hair already turned to white before they even finish middle school.

And now there's a possibility of them being in the same class. Izuku is thinking of shaving his head bald before school starts, he'll look like a pine tree during winter if hair starts turning white.

"Now, now, Kacchan, Toshi," Izuku tried to calm the two. "You two should behave. We have a guest here, she might think you are a bunch of uncivilized children."

Hitoshi looked apologetically to the new girl beside me and Kacchan just pouted and looked away.

"Uhm, I'm Uraraka Ochako by the way." The girl, Uraraka, tried a cheery introduction.

"I'm Midoriya Izuku," Izuku matched her cheerfulness. "And this is Shinsou Hitoshi, and the girl over there is Bakugou Katsuki, we three are childhood friends."

"WE'RE NOT FRIENDS!" Kacchan protested.

"Whatever Kacchan" Hitoshi taunted her again.

"Nice meeting you!" Uraraka-san bowed before they started bickering again. "Since now I'm sure Shinsou-kun is not going home alone, it's my cue to go home."

"Where do you live? We can drop you." Izuku offered. This girl saved Izuku's ass today, this is the least he can do.

"No need. I'm living at the next town over; I just came here to take the exam."

"Well, let us take you to the station then," he insisted.

"That would be a great help, thank you. I'm still not familiar with the streets here." Uraraka finally relented.

"It's our pleasure." He answered.

Izuku then addressed the other girl. "Kacchan, do you want to come with us? We can also stop at the café near the station, I heard they have spicy ice cream there."

Kacchan flinched at the enticing bait.

"Well, the exams are done by the way, and my parents are not expecting me till dinner." The blonde excused trying to hide her excitement about the dessert.

"Alright!" Izuku cheered. "Is it okay for us to stop by the café before you go Uraraka-san? It's not that late, right?"

"Oh well, the spicy ice cream is intriguing me. Might as well try it." The girl bashfully answered as she was intrigued by the peculiar ice cream.

"Yosh!" Izuku cheered again. "Kacchan, we are using your car. It's bigger", the greed-haired boy decided.

"My car is not a freaking school bus, Deku!" the blonde protested. And the two continue to debate as they exited the main gate, Ochako and Shinsou followed behind.

As Ochako reached the exit, she was shocked at the number of men in black suits crowding the two teens they were following.

Thankfully, the purple-haired teen noticed the girl's confusion and explained.

"Ahh, by the way, that two freaks are the President's son and the Vice-president's daughter. Of course, they should not let two of the most important teenagers in the country left unguarded, right? Though I doubt they even needed one."

...

"Oh my God, what did I got myself into?"

Ochaco's mind continued to spiral even after she entered the impressive bullet-proof black SUV of the country's Vice President's daughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 30 13
What if Deku had a quirk, and it was past down for generations. His father past away, but he will figure out his own power to accomplish his goal int...
444K 10.4K 29
This is a Fanfiction based off of BNHA, or My Hero Academia. Instead of a reality where the main character, Izuku Midoriya, is born without a quirk...
149K 4.1K 68
being the only one with no quirk has been hard growing up for Izuku Midoriya, but he always had the dream of becoming a hero but that I'll certainly...
201K 6.6K 50
Izuku Midoryia, a quirkless boy in a world where everyone has quirks. After his hero gives him the opportunity to change his life he's plagued by nig...