The Chosen

By Tasergirl

Instead of avoiding the Mikaelson ball as she had been aiming to do, Bonnie was talked into going. What would... More

Ember
Heart
Dance
Game Night
Somebody
Going Over
The Start
And You Are?
A.N.
Burn
Survivor
Explanations
Surprise
Twisted
Prophecy
We Stand
Rise
Returned
Welcome
You Should Be Scared
Before

Bonds

3K 71 18
By Tasergirl

Elena groaned as she sat on a wooden bench. She'd been training with Borra all morning. Not only were her muscles hurting, but she was sure Bonnie would be able to see the sexual frustration the minute she saw her. The witch always knew when something was going on with Elena.

The doppelgänger sighed as she looked towards the tower where Bonnie's room was. She hadn't checked on her yet today. Lucy said they needed to talk about something important before it blew up in their faces. With Bonnie's temper she could see that happening. Bonnie was usually a very calm person but when she got angry it was scary. The entire Mikaelson family and Salvatore's could attest to that. Rebekah and Klaus had just gone to check on them and make sure Bonnie was alright. Yet something still gnawed at Elena's gut. Telling her that something was wrong. Or at the very least would go wrong.

"You are a human, are you not?" Elena heard behind her. Turning she found a woman with unbelievably high cheekbones. Her eyes a striking blue and she had large pouty lips. She may very well be one of the most beautiful people Elena had ever seen.

"Yea, I'm uh- Elena Gilbert, and you are?" Elena greeted, holding out a hand for the woman to take. The Fae simply stared at it for a moment before nodding.

"Setsyn" she introduced herself, making Elena's eyes widen. Bonnie had told her about this woman. She was Qetsiyah's best friend. They'd apparently been inseparable and Setsyn had decided to take Bonnie under her wing because of it.

"Oh" was all Elena could muster for a moment. "It's nice to meet you" she said with a small smile. Setsyn nodded again as she looked at the doppelgänger. Elena wasn't sure what she was looking for but the scrutinization made her squirm slightly.

"Yes, it's been some time since we've had your kind amongst us" Setsyn said carefully. Her eyes still assessing the doppelgänger. Taking a breath Setsyn raised an eyebrow at Elena. "I would like to see how you fight, I heard a human had been training with Borra, it's not like him to take anyone under his wing let alone someone....not of our kind" Setsyn told Elena, making her frown. A chill going up her spine as she heard the woman speak. Something about her feeling off.

"What's that supposed to mean, he's prejudice against humans?" Elena asked, her finger rubbing over her mark. While he hadn't exactly been 'nice' when they'd first met she figured it was because he was imprisoned for trying to murder her best friend. Not because he hated all humans. In fact as far as Elena heard he initially felt remorse for trying to attack Bonnie. Apologizing before he even did anything. Setsyn shrugged as she looked towards Borra.

"Fae people have had to fight for everything we have, and there's always someone trying to take our home from us, it's not easy to trust" Setsyn told her, frowning as she noticed the human rubbing her wrist. A flash of gold made Setyn's eyes widen.

"You're mated to a Fae?!" Setsyn asked grabbing Elena's wrist, she pulled her forward roughly, staring at the doppelgänger in shock. Not believing a Fae and Human could be mated.

"Hey! What the hell?" Elena exclaimed, pulling her wrist away from the woman. Setsyn went to grab her again, wanting to see the name written on her skin, shocking Elena by her attitude towards her. Bonnie said that she'd been sweet.

"Mother!" Borra yelled, walking up to them. Elena's eyes widened as she looked at the pair in shock. Mother? "Elena are you alright?" He asked her, grabbing her wrist gently. Elena nodded at him as he inspected her wrist.

"Yea I'm fine" she said softly, her head turning to look at Setsyn. The woman's eyes were hard as she looked Elena. Borra looked towards his mother angrily, the woman's eyes going from Elena to him, as she placed her hands together. Clasping them in front of her stomach.

"What happened here?" He asked his mother, his voice low as he spoke to her. Setsyn narrowed her eyes at her son before sticking her chin out.

"You're mated to her" she accused her son. Borra simply looked at his mother tensely. Putting his body firmly between the two of them.

"I am" he said firmly. Elena took a deep breath as she waited for Setsyn's response. The tall woman simply stared at them for a moment. Her eyes were hard but Elena could see something in them that surprised her. Betrayal.

"Maybe I should go" Elena muttered softly, making both of their heads snap towards the brunette. "I should check on Bonnie anyways" she added quickly. Picking up her crossbow Elena moved to turn away but Borra's hand on her wrist stopped her.

"I'll walk you" he offered her softly. Elena looked into his eyes and managed a small smile before they all heard a scream. When they turned around Elena saw a figure falling from Bonnie's tower. The doppelgänger felt her blood run cold when she realized who it was.

"Bonnie!"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Bonnie let out a scream as she fell from her balcony. The wind whipped around her face and her hair flew wildly as she moved in the air. This was different than last time. Before her natural instinct guided her. The wings sprouted from her without warning.

"Bonnie!" She heard her name called. Grunting as she felt a body connect with hers. Elijah. The witch had no time to think about it anymore. Wasting no time she tried with all her might to produce her wings. She needed to save them.

"Aaahh" Bonnie yelled as her wings sprouted painfully from her back. Completely different from the first time. Elijah's neck snapped back as they stopped falling suddenly. Bonnie flying above him, as she held onto his hand, Elijah dangling slightly.

As Bonnie began to try and fly them towards the ground she felt a tingle run up her spine. Looking up she noticed Elrohir flying down as well. Yet he wasn't the only one. Some Burned Ones began sliding down the castle walls, still trying to get to them, needing to complete their mission.

Bonnie nearly landed on the ground when one finally caught up to them. The witch let out a scream as she felt burning pain on her back. One had landing on top of her. The force of his fall knocked them both to the ground, Elijah flying away from her, and in the path of another.

Bonnie cried out in pain as they rolled away. Every painful hit made worse by the burns he was giving her. The small woman tried to fight even as the pain overwhelmed her, grabbing at the dagger still on her hip, and attempting to stab the man with it. The Burned One dodged the weapon before he knocked it from her hand. Quickly he elbowed her in the face, before raising his hand, ready to plunge her own dagger in her heart.

"Get away from her!" They heard a voice yell. The burned one turned in surprise at the voice. Seeing a woman fall from a Fae mans arms and land in front of them. A crossbow high in her hands. Elena wasted no time in letting one of her arrows fly, hitting the man in the chest, giving Bonnie an opening.

The small witch grunted as she shoved him off of her. Snatching the dagger from him she quickly slit the mans throat. Blood sprayed on her as he fell back but Bonnie had no time to react. Another tingle going up her spine. Turning around just in time to catch Elena kick a different Burned One away from her. Her arrow catching the man in the middle of the forehead before he could fully stand again. Turning to Bonnie, Elena grabbed her, bringing her into a tight hug.

"We saw you fall- I thought- oh God Bon" Elena said, unable to form a full sentence. Bonnie could hear the panic in her voice as she continued to hold onto her.

"As touching as this moment is we still have a problem" they heard a deep voice say. Turning they found Elrohir looking at the tiredly, pain still emitting from the wound Bonnie healed, as he leaned against his sword in the sand. Elena stood in front of Bonnie at the sight of the bloodied man.

"They're still some in the castle" Bonnie finished his thought process. Elijah walked up to them, leaning on Borra's shoulder, and nodded at them.

"Oh fuck" Elena whispered wide eyed, looking toward Elijah. Horror and worry clear on her face. "Rebekah and Klaus went to look for you and Bonnie"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"I need a team with me, we're searching the castle for intruders, kill any Burned One you see on sight" Elrohir ordered as they met with soldiers. Bonnie watched as the man commanded attention. He ordered the soldiers around like he'd been King his entire life. "We must search the castle for stragglers, there were at least 3 more" he told them seriously. Bonnie grabbed onto his arm, making him face her, her eyes staring into his.

"We need to get Klaus and Rebekah, they're in there, and they're heading to my room" she said seriously, her eyes looking towards the door frantically. Elijah ran ahead to get to his siblings. Ordering Borra and Elena to keep her safe. Elrohir shook his head at the small hybrid girl.

"No, we need to get you somewhere safe, they know who you are now" he told her. In all honesty he knew it would be easier to let the Burned Ones kill her but he needed to keep up pretenses. At least while they were in front of the crowd.

"I need to get to them" she told him, her room leaving no room for argument. Elena watched as the witch grabbed a sword from a nearby soldier. Her own getting lost in the fall. "Anyone who wants to come with me, let's go" Bonnie said making Elena nod.

"You aren't going anywhere" Borra said, grabbing the doppelgänger by the arm. Elena's eyes widened as she looked up at him in shock. It didn't take long for the shock to turn to anger and indignation.

"The hell I'm not" she said ripping her arm away from him. "Bonnie's my sister where she goes I go" Elena told him seriously, before running after Bonnie.

Seeing that Elena was by her side Bonnie began to run. The two girls heard footsteps behind them as they rushed through the hallways. Trying to get to the Mikaelsons as fast as they could. Bonnie felt worry gnaw at her gut as she ran towards them.

As the group got closer to her room Bonnie heard slams. Eyes widening the witch ran faster. As they turned the corner Bonnie was shocked to find Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah. 3 of the Burned Ones dead on the floor. The witch had no time to breathe a sigh of relief before panic shot through her. A Burned One stood behind Rebekah suddenly his arm raised to cut off the blondes head.

"No!" Klaus yelled, pushing his sister out of the way. The Burned Ones claws catching him instead. His fiery claw slicing through his shoulder and neck.

Bonnie let out a scream as she watched the hybrid fall. Shock coursing through them all as a blast of power was let out of her. Knocking the Burned One back. Elena didn't let the shock overtake her as she finished what Bonnie started. Before he could stand back up an arrow went through the mans skull.

"Klaus!" Bonnie yelled, falling to her knees beside the hybrid. Tears sprung to her eyes as she looked at the wound. A good chunk of his shoulder was gone, ripped through and the surrounding area burned, while some of his neck had some damage as well.

"Bonnie!" The small witch heard, turning to find Callon running towards them. His eyes wide as he took in the scene before him.

Elena, holding up a tired and bloody Rebekah, as Borra put a hand on her back to keep them steady. Bodies littered the floor. Elijah holding up injured side as he stood over Bonnie. In the middle of the chaos was Bonnie crying over a bloody, broken, Klaus.

"Callon, we have to help him" Bonnie said in a panic. Her voice going high. Callon nodded as he rushed to her side.

"Give him to me, I'll take him to the infirmary, but I must hurry" Callon told her, grabbing hold of the hybrid. As quickly as he could the man let his wings free, to jump from the nearest window, and fly towards the medics.

"I didn't know- I didn't know he was behind me" Rebekah said quickly. Her voice panicked as she looked to where her brother had been carried away.

"We know, we know, it'll be okay Rebekah he'll be okay" Elena tried to reassure the blonde. Rebekah shook her head as she felt tears spring to her eyes. Elena sighed as she held onto her hand. "Come on, we'll meet Callon at the infirmary, you should get that checked anyway" Elena said, gesturing to a particularly nasty wound on her abdomen.

"I'm a vampire, Elena, it'll heal" Rebekah said as Elijah helped Bonnie to stand. The witch shook her head as she looked at the pair.

"No" Bonnie told the blonde strongly. "These creatures are different, we don't know if you'll heal the same way, let alone heal from their attacks at all" Bonnie said seriously as she looked at the blonde. Rebekah frowned as she watched Bonnie's face. The witch's face was blank, like she couldn't see or hear a thing, but she still made sure to tell Rebekah to get checked. Still needed to make sure she was okay.

"Come on" Bonnie muttered, beginning to walk towards the infirmary, before being reminded of the Fae who'd gone with her. Bonnie looked at them and nodded. "Thank you, so much, for your help, please make sure the rest of the area is secure, we don't want anyone else getting hurt" she told the soldiers. The men nodded at their princess, bowing lowly to her, before doing as they were told.

"We need to go now" Bonnie said seriously, not waiting for the others to follow, as she practically sprinted away. Needing to be beside Klaus.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Elrohir wasn't surprised to find the small witch sitting outside the door of the infirmary about an hour later. He'd heard her mate was injured and they hadn't let anyone in yet. Considering what he was Elrohir was surprised the half breed needed medical attention at all. He supposed vampires weren't meant to go against Burned Ones.

"What are you doing here" Elrohir heard, turning to find the doppelgänger staring at him. Though she was small, and a bit problematic from what he'd heard, she stood in front of her friend fiercely.

"This is still my kingdom" he told the smaller girl. Noticing Bonnie's green eyes going towards him. Watching him suspiciously.

"For now" Elena told him roughly. Elrohir clenched his fists angrily as he looked at the brown eyed young woman.

"Elena" Bonnie said softly, looking from Elrohir to her childhood friend. The doppelgänger sighed as she watched Bonnie shake her head.

Elena sighed as she sat beside the witch. Bonnie took a breath as she leaned her head on her shoulder. Not wanting to deal with any arguments from either side. They were treating both Rebekah and Klaus's wounds. She hadn't heard from any of them in almost an hour.

"Why is it taking so long?" Bonnie whispered, looking at the door. Her eyes showing just how impatient she felt. "It's Klaus and Rebekah, they're supposed to be invincible, they're not supposed to get hurt" she whispered as Elena grabbed her hand.

"Perhaps it would please you to know there are no more Burned Ones, though two got away, the castle is secure once more" Elrohir said, his voice rough. As if he had been yelling for hours. Bonnie nodded as she looked at him.

"Thank you for telling me" she said, though her eyes were unfocused. Elrohir nodded as he looked at her. Uncomfortable with the way she was. From the moment he'd met her she was fiery and full of life, just like Qetsiyah, now she was nearly catatonic.

"Your grace" they heard, turning to find Rebekah standing next to a nurse. Bonnie's eyes widened as she ran to the blonde. Throwing her arms around her quickly. Finally feeling a semblance of peace at the sight of her.

"I'm alright" Rebekah whispered in the small girls ear. Her eyes closing as she breathed in the girls scent. "Nik is stable, he's just waking up, and we both know he'll want to see you" she said softly. Bonnie nodded as she held onto Rebekah's hand.

"I'll tell the others" Elena told them, earning a grateful nod from the blonde. Elrohir watched as Bonnie allowed herself to be guided towards Klaus before turning away and finding brown eyes on him.

"Why did you come here?" She asked, her eyes hard as she stared up at the large man. Elrohir raised an eyebrow as he looked at the girl. She certainly had guts.

"I kept her informed of the group she rallied to save the half breed" Elrohir told the doppelgänger. Elena's eyes narrowed at the large man. Nodding she took a step forward.

"You should remember that, that half breed will rip your head off if you so much as breath the wrong way around Bonnie, and I'd be happy to help" she said looking up at him angrily. Her eyes bright as she stared at him. "She saved your life out of necessity, thing is I don't understand why you helped save her, you want her dead more than anyone" she said to the large man. Elrohir gave the smaller woman a shrug.

"I've grown to respect her" he told her simply.

"That's the least she deserves" Elena said strongly. Elrohir frowned as he looked down at the woman.

"I can see now how you're mated to a Fae" he told her with a smirk. Elena felt surprise show on her face as she looked up at him. "I didn't understand it before, how one of your kind could be mated to one of us, but I can see it now"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Seeing Klaus, the original hybrid, laying on a hospital bed was never something Bonnie thought she'd see. The feeling of her heart being ripped from her chest as she saw him wasn't something she ever thought she'd feel. Yet here she was with both.

"He'll be fine, but since he is not from this world we had to be sure, we had to take every precaution part of the reason it took so long is because his blood is resistant to our medicines, it burns through him quickly as if it were never there" the medic told her. Her voice gentle as she spoke Bonnie. Knowing how much the hybrid had to lose if she lost her mate.

"Why's he unconscious?" Bonnie asked softly, her eyes never leaving Klaus's form. The medic sighed as she gestured towards the wound.

"He's not fully healed yet, the Burned One did a fair amount of damage, he should be fine in another hour simply tired" the woman told Bonnie. The small girl nodded as she looked towards the medic.

"Thank you very much" Bonnie whispered, before sitting beside the hybrid. Turning to Rebekah she sighed. "You should rest too, I'll check in on you in a bit, I promise" Bonnie told the blonde softly. Rebekah nodded as she looked from Bonnie to Klaus.

"Stay with him, let me know when he wakes up" Rebekah said softly. Bonnie nodded as she squeezed Rebekah's hand.

"I promise" Bonnie whispered, watching as the blonde slowly made her way out. Turning back to Klaus Bonnie sighed. Shaking her head she grabbed onto the hybrids hand. "You're so stupid" Bonnie muttered.

The witch sighed as she brought his hand up to her lips. Lightly kissing the hybrids hand. Closing her eyes as she brought his hand between hers. Bonnie's green eyes stayed on Klaus's face as he rested on the bed. Sighing she stood up, sliding into the large bed beside the hybrid, and closing her eyes.

"I can't do this without you Klaus" she whispered, squeezing his hand softly. The small witch sighed as she rested her head lightly on his good arm.

"If this is what I get every time I'm injured I shall put myself in danger more often" the small witch heard him groan out. Bonnie's eyes shot open as she sat up quickly. Her eyes landing on his amused face.

The hybrid didn't have time to say anything after that for the witch's lips were on his. Klaus wasted no time wrapping his good arm around her and bringing her closer. Her lips were soft against his but filled with a need he hadn't felt in centuries. When they broke apart Bonnie rested her forehead against his.

"Never do that again" she whispered softly. Closing her eyes as she rested her hand against his chest. Simply feeling it beat. "Please"

Klaus could only nod at Bonnie. Her kiss having taken his breath away. The way she felt against him, everything about her, just felt right. Her eyes were closed as he looked at her. Kissing the tip of her nose he nodded again.

"Anything for you"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hours later, Bonnie sat in front of the vanity, combing through her hair. Her newly repaired room was empty, for once. Klaus was laying in his own bed with Rebekah and Elijah. Finn was with Lucy and Callon in the library. Elena was being looked over by a medic again, a mysterious bruise having formed on her wrist, while Borra was with her. Kol, Stefan and Damon were patrolling her wing with some of the castle guards. Learning of hidden pathways and making sure it was safe for her. Finally leaving her alone with her thoughts.

It almost felt weird being alone now. They'd all been watching her like a hawk since before they'd stepped foot in Firilanid. It was suffocating sometimes. The way they all felt the need to protect her. As if she hadn't been fighting for herself for years. Finally being alone, with peace and quiet, it was what she needed. Especially after going on a kissing spree. She needed to think. That's exactly what she planned on doing.

Until a knock sounded at her door.

Sighing, the hybrid stood up, and moved towards the door. As soon as Bonnie opened it a flurry of brown waves and pale skin floated into the room. Bright blue eyes looked at Bonnie, a frown on the strange woman's large lips, and a hand on her hip.

"My brother is trying to kill you and you save him?" The girl asked. Bonnie was surprised in more ways than one. The small witch could only look at her in shock. Her mouth open slightly as she tilted her head at the stranger.

The most obvious thing was that the woman before her was Elrohir's sister, at least she assumed. Bonnie couldn't remember saving anyone else's life in the past 24 hours. Another thing that caught Bonnie's attention was, she didn't have the same accent the others had, if anything she sounded like she was from the United States.

"I'm sorry?" Bonnie said making the woman chuckle. A very sarcastic chuckle. One that reminded Bonnie entirely too much of Damon.

"You sure as hell will be, that man has no remorse, he will try to kill you again" she told the witch, making Bonnie frown. The fact that this woman was talking about her brother surprised Bonnie.

"There's a lot to take in here" Bonnie muttered, finally closing the door. The woman sighed as she looked at Bonnie, sympathy showing on her face, before she curtsied.

"Lady Daera, youngest sister of Elrohir, at your service" she said, her voice and posture now showing the decorum Bonnie saw in the other Fae. Bonnie frowned as she looked at Daera. "But you can call me Darcy, it's my human name" she said happily, resorting back to her previous mannerism, and practically skipping towards the bed.

"You want me to let your brother die?" Bonnie asked in shock. Daera shrugged as she crossed her legs. She switched from Fae mannerisms to human with every move she made. It nearly gave Bonnie whiplash.

"You aren't the only person he's ever wronged Bonnie" she muttered, a darkness that wasn't there before appearing on her face. Bonnie's heart nearly broke at the pain in her eyes. "I don't want him dead, Princess, but I want him stopped" she said seriously. Bonnie frowned as she looked at the woman before her. Slowly she sat beside Daera on her bed.

"What did he do to you?" Bonnie asked softly. Daera frowned as she looked at the future Queen. Before a self deprecating smirk suddenly appeared on her face.

"You won't trust me until I tell you? Huh?" Daera asked the small hybrid. Bonnie shrugged at that.

"Maybe not even then" Bonnie told the blue eyed girl honestly. Though she told her gently. Daera nodded at her once, approval shining in her blue eyes, and a smirk on her lips.

"Smart girl" Daera commented. Her eyes closing as she took a deep breath. "Elrohir had been a bit different since the war between Firilanid and The Burned Ones" she started, immediately gaining Bonnie's full attention. The green eyed witch nodded at her, indicating she was listening, intently.

"I assumed he had what your people call PTSD, I didn't realize how badly the war twisted his mind until I was too late" she said softly. Bonnie watched as her eyes became misty but noticed she didn't let the tears spill over.

"It began small, the few nights he did sleep he had night terrors, outbursts of anger, sometimes flashbacks if he heard certain sounds" she explained, remembering the days Elrohir came back from the war. Taking a breath she folded her hands together. "When I finally met my mate Elrohir despised him, he said he wasn't the right man for me" Daera said seriously, her eyes staying on the floor. The woman took a deep breath as she continued speaking.

"They were in the war together, argued long before I even met Elrond, but one day it went too far" she said softly. Bonnie's heart broke as she realized where Daera was going with this story.

"I had left one day, on a diplomatic meeting, with Callon and Qetsiyah" she said and Bonnie heard her voice begin to get shaky. The small witch put her hand over Daera's wrist but it was as if the other woman couldn't even feel it. "I got back just in time to see my beloved brother run a sword through my fiancé's heart" she finished, her voice laced with heartbreak.

Bonnie pressed her lips together as she looked at the brunette. The way mates had been explained to her, she thought of them as soulmates, she couldn't imagine how Daera must've felt. She read somewhere that Fae could lose their mind at the loss of a mate. She couldn't imagine seeing them murdered by her own brother.

"I laid on Elrond's chest, screaming for Elrohir to help him, but he just watched as Elrond bled out in my hands, with a cold look on his face" Daera told Bonnie, suppressing a shiver at the memory. He had been so detached. In all honesty it scared her. "After that I couldn't be here, Qetsiyah gave me leave, and I was allowed to be a researcher, I traveled the Human realm and only came back twice in that time but I never saw my brother" she said before looking up at Bonnie.

"Until word came that Qetsiyah was dead, and my brother would be crowned King, then I had to come back" she said softly, her blue eyes boring into Bonnie's green. Daera took a breath as she held onto Bonnie's hand. "The moment I looked at him, at my brother, I knew he had done it" she said lowly. "But no one would believe the girl who was driven insane by her mates death" she said softly, hanging her head. Taking a breath, Daera held out her wrist, showing black markings on it. It looked like a tattoo.

"What's that?" Bonnie asked softly, a frown on her face.

"My proof, this is my Mark" she said softly, tracing the blackened scripture. "Normally a Mark like mine would glow gold, a black mark indicates that your mate has died" she told the witch softly.

"I'm so sorry" Bonnie whispered, unable to take her eyes from the black writing on her otherwise pale wrist. Daera nodded softly.

"Thank you Princess" Daera whispered back. "I do not wish for my brother to die, even with all the horrible things he's done, I remember how he once was" she admitted, smiling sadly at Bonnie.

"But he must be stopped, which is what brings me here today, Princess" Daera said, looking at Bonnie. Facing the small witch directly. Bonnie nodded for the woman to continue.

"I have the gift of sight, though I cannot control these visions, I can see into the future as you can, and if Elrohir stays on the throne, then Firilanid will have no future"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
When Elena walked into Bonnie's room later that night she wasn't surprised to find the lights out. The small witch sleeping on the bed. Sighing the doppelgänger kicked off her shoes. Sliding into the bed beside her.

Bonnie's eyes fluttered opened as she felt Elena get comfortable next to her. The witch smirked as she looked at her best friend. Her green eyes lit up as Elena grabbed her hand.

"So how's Borra" Bonnie whispered, smirking as she noticed her best friends face redden. Elena smiled shyly as she looked at the small girl before closing her eyes. Frustration clear on her face.

"He's not talking to me" Elena muttered, making Bonnie frown at her. Seeing her confusion Elena shrugged. "He's pissed off that I keep 'running into danger', I'm not a doll, I'm not gonna break and I'm sure as hell not leaving you alone ever again" Elena whispered, though her voice was strong. Bonnie nodded, sympathizing with her predicament. Now being in the same situation Elena found herself in time and time again.

"He's just worried, if something happened to you, it would literally mess with his brain" Bonnie whispered, remembering Darcy's story. What she had to go through. "A Fae losing a mate, from what I've heard, it's like losing a part of your own soul" Bonnie whispered. Elena's mouth opened slightly as she thought on the girls words.

"I can't imagine" Elena whispered. Her eyebrows furred together as she tried to imagine what that would feel like. Before realizing she didn't want to. Even imagining Borra not being in her life hurt. More than she ever thought it could

"Elena I have to tell you something" Bonnie whispered, sitting up in the bed. Elena frowned as she sat up as well. Slowly the candle beside the bed came to life. Lighting their faces softly.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked, a frown on her face as she looked at the worried witch. Bonnie shrugged as she took Elena's hands.

"Look I don't- I'm not sure what's happening between you and Stefan anymore but yesterday... after the ball- well Stefan kissed me" she said quietly. Elena's eyebrows shot up to her hairline as she looked at the witch. "It was probably just a heat of the moment type of thing but still..." Bonnie practically whispered, her voice trailing off. Elena nodded as she looked at their intwined hands.

"Finally" Elena said, a breathy chuckle coming out. Bonnie looked at the doppelgänger in shock. Her eyes wide as she looked at her friend.

"What?" Bonnie asked in surprise. Elena laughed as she looked at the shock on Bonnie's face. Her green eyes wide.

"Come on Bon, you haven't seen how he looks at you? And I can promise you he is not the only one" Elena told the witch. Bonnie could only blink at the other woman. "I'm just surprised no one else beat him to it" Elena added with a shrug. Bonnie's eyes widened as she looked down.

"Actually..." Bonnie started softly. Her eyes looking down at the bed. Elena's eyes widened as she looked at her friend.

"Oh God Bonnie! Who was it?" Elena asked, her entire body shaking with excitement. Bonnie covered her face as she fell back on the bed. Listening to Elena's chuckles.

"Well the first one to kiss me was Kol" Bonnie started making Elena groan. Bonnie raised an eyebrow as she looked at Elena.

"I owe Caroline $10" Elena muttered, making Bonnie's eyes widened.

"You guys bet on this!" Bonnie asked in shock. Elena winced as she realized what she'd said.

"Yea, I had my money on Klaus and Lucy thought it'd be Finn" Elena admitted, making Bonnie's jaw drop. "I mean you had to have seen how these guys look at you" Elena said, lightly shoving Bonnie's thigh. The witch rolled her eyes as she leaned back again.

"Well you would've won if Kol hadn't interrupted, he got upset that me and Klaus were so close to kissing, when we left he pulled me into a hallway and we started arguing" Bonnie explained, remembering the way they argued. The anger they'd felt. The passion. "Then he just pulled me in and kissed me" Bonnie whispered, covering her face again.

"Sounds hot" Elena said, smirking at her friend. Bonnie shook her head as she hit Elena with a pillow. Feeling her face heat up even more. As the doppelgängers laughter died down understanding came across Elena's face as she looked at Bonnie.

"So when Stefan walked you back to your room, he found out what happened, and then he kissed you" Elena said softly, putting it together in her mind. Bonnie winced as she nodded. Knowing exactly what happened.

"Yea, Elena I'm so sorry-" Bonnie started but Elena shushed her immediately. Laying beside the witch she shrugged.

"Oh please I could tell this was happening weeks ago" Elena said with a smirk. Bonnie rolled her eyes at that before an incredulous look crossed her face.

"And you didn't think to tell me?" Bonnie asked, making her friend laugh loudly.

"No way! It was so much more fun this way" Elena giggled, making Bonnie groan. Covering her face once more. Shaking her head, Elena pulled Bonnie's hands away from her face.

"I wish Caroline was here" Bonnie muttered softly as they looked at each other. Elena nodded softly as she held onto Bonnie's hands.

"Me too, she would get such a kick out of this" Elena added softly. Both of them missing the blonde. Bonnie was grateful to Caroline for staying with her father but she missed the blonde terribly. "She'll be here soon though, and she's going to want all the details" Elena said softly. Before a smirk came across the doppelgängers face. "Did anyone else kiss you?" Elena asked lowly. Bonnie smiled softly at that. Her mind going to Finn and the kiss they'd shared.

"Finn did" she said lowly. Elena's eyes widened at her friends words. The small witch smiling slightly at the memory.

"Finn?" Elena asked, causing Bonnie to nod. "Lucy was right, it's always the quiet ones" Elena said, surprised by the eldest Mikaelson sibling. Bonnie chuckled as she hit Elena with a pillow again.

"It was sweet, he even asked if he could, and oh God- Elena it took my breath away" Bonnie whispered, her voice soft as she thought back on the kiss they'd shared. Elena smiled as she looked at her friend. Until a worried look came across Bonnie's face.

"But I kissed Klaus too, when I saw him in the infirmary, I didn't even think about it" Bonnie admitted, turning so she could hide her face in Elena's shoulder. Elena brought her arms around her friend to hug her gently.

"So what are you gonna do now?" Elena asked her friend softly. The small witch shook her head as they laid down together.

"I have no idea"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Bonnie took a deep breath as she wrapped a shawl around her head. After everything that'd happened the last few days she'd decided enough was enough. Waking up she'd managed to talk Elena and Borra into helping her sneak out.

So far all that'd she'd been able to do in the palace was go to a ball, learn about Firilanids past, and be attacked. She needed to know more about the people that lived here. Since they'd been here Lucy had gone into the city but with all eyes on Bonnie she hadn't been able to. So she managed to talk Elena and Borra into covering for her today. Claiming she wasn't feeling well and didn't want to be disturbed.

The witch sighed as she walked out into the street. Her eyes taking in the world around her. The streets were made of stone and houses were colorful. Flags hung up and waved in the wind. Her green eyes lit up at everything she saw.

Bonnie smiled as she looked over the stone bridge. Her eyes wide as she took everything in. People selling things in the streets. Telling about sweets and things that they'd made by hand. Bonnie chuckled as she watched children play. Some even flying in the sky.

"So this is where you managed to sneak off to" the small witch heard. Turning to find 3 people staring at her. Elena gave the small witch a guilty look.

"He cornered me" the doppelgänger admitted, pointing towards Elijah. The three of them were in Fae garb. Elena dressed in nearly the same thing as Bonnie but in a deep burgundy with long sheer sleeves and no shawl.

"I've learned to know when Elena Gilbert lies, she has a terrible poker face" Elijah admitted, raising an eyebrow at the doppelgänger. Elena let her head fall, leaning into Borra when he rubbed her shoulder, chuckling slightly.

"I just wanted 5 minutes to look around" Bonnie said, trying not to groan. Hoping that he wouldn't argue with her. The last thing she wanted was to argue with anyone else about her safety.

Elijah nodded as he looked at the small witch. While the small witch tried to blend in he could only think that she was too beautifully truly do so. Her bright green eyes staring at him only cemented that thought. Thinking on what she said he gave her a soft smile. Holding out an arm for her.

"Would you like an escort?" He asked softly. Bonnie smiled widely at his question.

"I'd love one" she said with a light chuckle. Walking over so she could take his arm. Elena watched as her friend walked off with Elijah. A smile on both their faces.

The doppelgänger and Fae walked behind the other two. Elena looked around as they walked, feeling the energy around them, knowing that with every step her best friend would fall more and more in love. The chances of her leaving growing smaller making Elena's heart hurt. Then again if she had the chance she didn't think she'd leave either.

"May I ask you a question?" Borra asked suddenly. Making Elena snap her neck towards him. The doppelgänger nodded slowly. Her eyes searching his face. "What happened? Why do you fear falling in love again?" He asked her softly.

Elena's eyebrows rose at his question. Her eyes widening slightly, taken aback by the question, and how sudden it was. He'd been upset with her since the day before. Angry that she continued to rush into danger. This was only the fifth sentence he'd spoken to her all day.

"I'm not scared" she muttered defensively. Her eyebrows knit together. Borra simply tilted his head at her as he waited for a real response. Sighing the doppelgänger shrugged. "A few years ago my parents died and... honestly, a part of me died with them, until I met Stefan" she started softly. Noticing Bonnie and Elijah stop on the bridge, Elena moved to the side, looking out over the water.

"He came into my life when I needed him and showed me how to love again, he was safe and warm" she said lowly. Borra nodded as he watched her face. "Damon was the complete opposite of him, wild and free, he made me feel fearless and important" she whispered softly.

"But they also made me feel weak and like I didn't have a voice, they forced me into things for my safety, they put Bonnie in danger and I let them, when I look back on it, I hate how I became with them" she admitted. Thinking of Bonnie. Seeing her dead on the floor during the decades dance. The way blood flowed down her face and her body contorted. That night would haunt her forever.

"So you fear you would turn into that person again?" He asked softly. Elena shrugged at that.

"Yes and no" she whispered. Looking down Elena wrung her hands together. "I don't feel that way with you" she admitted, shocking the large man.

"You don't?" He asked her. His voice low as he watched her shake her head. Her long hair swaying softly as she did.

"No, with you I feel strong like I can take on the world, like I can protect the people I love, I feel like I can do anything with you" she whispered. Her eyes never leaving her hands. "When I'm with you, and you're helping me, making me stronger, I not only feel safe and fearless but so much more, I feel alive, like I'm seeing the world for the first time, with you it feels like everything's new and I'm ready to jump in" she admitted. Her eyes still stuck on her hands. She could feel her entire face heating up. Her heart beating wildly in her chest.

"Elena..." he whispered, though his voice trailed off when she looked up at him. Her eyes taking his breath away.

"'Lena! Come here you gotta try this!" They heard. Turning they found Bonnie at what looked like a food cart. A large smile on her face as she waved her hands wildly. Borra would have thought it was sweet if she hadn't just interrupted them. Elena gave him a slightly apologetic look but he could see the relief on her face.

She wasn't ready yet. She feared she would revert into who she was with the Salvatore's. While Borra understood he didn't think it would happen. He'd seen the lengths she was willing to go to for Bonnie. The bond they shared was beautiful. She was learning from whatever mistakes she'd made in the past. Sighing he began to walk towards them. He was her mate. He would be with her until his dying day. He would understand her. He would love her from a distance until she trusted herself to love him back.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Bonnie smiled as she walked with Elijah on the bridge. Her arm intertwined with his. Watching the people around them. Some walked around with their wings out, like Borra, while others kept their wings hidden. The different colors and sizes amazed them.

"Bonnie" Elijah said softly, gaining the small woman's attention. Her green eyes looking up at him softly.  "Do you truly think you'll be able to leave this place when the time comes, you did say you would only bring down the imposter, then return to our world" he asked her, gaining a sigh from the small hybrid.

"Honestly" Bonnie started, her voice soft as she stopped on the bridge. Looking out at the ocean in front of them. "I don't know, this is the first time in a long time that I feel like I belong somewhere, I don't know how I'm gonna leave" she admitted. Her heart heavy as she looked down. Until Elijah's finger under her chin brought her face to face with him.

"You belong with us Bonnie, no matter where you're at, you belong with the people who.... care for you"Elijah settled on. Trying not to put too much pressure on her. Even if he did suspect his brothers of making a move on her. Yet the smile that broke out on her face put him at ease.

"I'm starting to think you're right"

A.N.
IM BACK!!!!
I knooowww I've been gone sooo long I'm sorry for the wait but life's been crazy😔 my mom caught Covid so I've been taking care of her and my little brothers dealing with work and trying to get my life together it's been hard guys but I promise I didn't forget about you or these stories❤️
On the bright side I did update this Town Witch should be up tonight and I'm working on Released and Bonded so they should be out soon🥰
I've missed you guys and writing soo much so hopefully I'll have more time to write and update now❤️ please please be safe out here and leave a comment🥰❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 264 21
After walking in on Elena and Damon, Bonnie Bennett has made the choice to live for herself, to not dwell on the past, and to ignore those feelings t...
950K 21.8K 36
π„π‹π„π€ππŽπ‘ π…πŽπ‘ππ„π’, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...
21.2K 307 45
Alternate story: What if the Mikaelsons stayed in Mystic Falls? This is an alternate story surrounding the same characters from my Klaus's Pet series...
242K 7.8K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...