Dancing With The Devil

By BadBitchAnthems2

Evelyn goes to Sicily, Italy for the world championship in boxing, not knowing that it would change her life... More

characters
fight or flight
the devil has arrived
devil eyes
ocean eyes
these boys ain't shit
the devil is back
playing with the enemy
saving her, again
devil or savior?
what the fuck
new beginnings
gymtime
boys will be boys
not what I expected
are you fucking kidding me
we meet again
once again, saved by the devil
escaping
blind date
hard to understand
racing
not what it looks like
euphoria
the party is over
Not the Devil's secret anymore
I'm most likely killed

calm before the storm

2.7K 72 81
By BadBitchAnthems2

«You never realize how cold your heart is until someone melts your ice» - Unknown

Song: Please Notice- Christian Leave
——————————————————————-
Evelyns POV:
After talking with the girls alone and convincing them I did in fact not sleep with a stranger I just met the night before and after eating a DELICIOUS breakfast (he COOKS aswell!!) all three of us went home. Then started the best 4 months of my life
————————————————————————
4 months later

Authors POV:

The next months of Evelyns and Maxences lives were the best they had ever experienced. They were learning about eachother as well as themselves, every day they were getting closer and closer. Both were trying to fight the feelings that were growing and blossoming like crazy.

Evelyn was justifying all the time they were spending together by blaming it on «the mission» but in reality, she had forgotten everything about the mission, and was ghosting the mafia.

Maxence had never felt anything like that for anyone, everyday he and Evelyn were together (wich was almost every day), he felt his heart defrost more and more. He told the boys she was just a fling and good in bed, he said she didn't mean anything to him. But in reality, nothing had ever meant any more to him. He didn't want to admit it but he was scared to death of how much he suddenly felt.

They were denying the feelings so much that it resulted in the feelings growing even stronger, both were lying to their friends and mafias and most of all to themselves, but after a couple of months they realized it was inevitable. They had fallen for each other, and fallen hard.

They connected with eachother on a level never felt before, emotionally, physically, spiritually and intellectually. They were never bored when they were together, they made eachother shine, in ways they had never shone before. Evelyn could walk into a room where Maxence was pissed off and in a bad mood, and she would not only light up the room, but light up his whole world and view on any situation.

Their friends saw right through their lies, they knew, long before Evelyn and Maxence, that what they were seeing in front of them, was raw love. Lula and Sienna loved the way Evelyn had blossomed since she met Maxence, and Zane and Blaze were impressed by how their stone cold best friend had becomed so nice?

But both Zane and Lula had caught onto something that no one else had noticed. Lula sometimes found the way they were so dependent on eachother a little toxic. And Zane was suspicious of Evelyn. He and Blaze both recognized her from the boxing match and the ball, and then at the date, and Blaze didn't seem to think anything off it. But Zane, always the more sceptical one, found it weird how this girl from the U.S just kept appearing in Maxences life. Not to mention then becoming the only thing he had ever loved? It just seemed like something was off. But of course neither Lula or Zane shared their doubts on the relationship with anyone else in fear of loosing their best friends.

They did have fights, and everything wasn't always sunshine and rainbows in their weird relationship/situationship. Some nights Lula and Sienna would see Evelyn come home crying and punching on her boxing pillow in her room, but then, every time, Maxence would come on his bike about a hour later and literally break into their home to talk to her.

The lows were lows but the highs were so high the lows weren't even a worry. It maybe wasn't the most healthy relationship. Some would maybe even say their relationship was toxic (Lula) , but since they didn't even label their relationship as a real relationship they couldn't give less fucks about what others thought.

They were addicted to eachother, in every way possible. Their love was like a drug, that they both just couldn't get enough of. It all felt so unreal and too good to be true, and what they didn't know was that; it really was.

All good things must eventually come to an end, right?
————————————————————————

Maxences POV:

I had never been nervous. It wasn't my thing. I walked into a room and everyone knew; I owned it. My whole brand was built on confidence. I had gone into meetings that were based on life or death (literally) and not even been a little scared.

But now, as I was driving my black Ferrari down to the beach, I could literally feel my hands shake. I wanted everything to be perfect, I brought the blanket, the food, the wine, extra clothes if she got cold, I had thought about EVERYTHING, because this needed to be the most incredible moment of my life. Why you may ask? Because I was telling the girl of my dreams that I love her, tonight.

6 months ago I would have puked and thrown myself off of a bridge for even thinking of being vulnerable and doing something like that. But what could I say, I had changed, or more like: she had changed me.

She made me want to be vulnerable. She needed to know how I felt about her. All the games and sex was great and all, but I needed something more, I needed her. All of her, I wanted her to be mine. And the firts step was telling her that I loved her.

I didn't understand why I was so nervous. I was sure in my decision and I knew she felt the same way. She felt the connection as well, I could feel that she felt it. And I had told myself that I would accept any answer she was willing to give me. I knew how she felt, and she knew how she felt, but I had learned a lot about her over the last couple months. If people thought I was cold and emotionally unavailible, they had NOT met Evelyn Ambers.

If I was scared to show my feelings, she was TERRIFIED. I could see through her walls now, but if you met her for the first time you would maybe think she didn't even have emotions.

Therefore, I wasn't going to be heartbroken if she didn't tell me she love me back. I would understand, (atleast that was what I had told myself)

I had to take the first step into the relationship, because she was not going to. That's for sure. Maybe if I opened up and showed myself being vulnerable, she would do the same...

I got out of the car and took all the stuff out. She was going to get here in 15 minutes, so I had some time to get ready, both physically get all the stuff set up, but also mentally.

I looked around at all of the people sitting at the beach. Does everyone need to be at the beach to watch the sunset? Fuck off.
As I laied out the blankets and the food I thought about pulling out my gun and scaring everyone away, but maybe right now wasn't the right moment.

I looked at my phone, 5 minutes.
I needed to calm myself. I wasn't a nervous person, what the fuck was this new sudden stress. I hated the feeling.

I took 3 long breaths, clearing my mind of everything.

I knew this girl. We had spend the last 4 months together almost every day. I had seen her naked, we had slept in the same bed. Gone on thousands of dates and had millions of conversations about everything you can imagine. But never, had any of us been vulnerable in front of the other.

Maxence, everything will be ok. Everything IS ok. You know how she feels about you. You need to do this. Don't back out no—

«Hey» she said with her angelic voice, throwing me back into reality. I didn't hear her bike stop besides me,

«Hey» I said and looked up into her beautiful face. She wasn't wearing any make up and her hair was wet, like she'd just showered. That's how I liked her the most. She didn't need all the makeup, even though she was damn hot with it aswell.

«Did I interrupt your meditation» she said and sat down besides me. «Haha, very funny» I said and rolled my eyes. «No I was daydreaming about you Caro» I said and winked. Every time, when I got uncomfortable, I would lean into my cocky and flirty side. «Oh really?» she said and kissed me.

Man I loved the taste of her lips. And the fresh coconut vanilla smell was like a drug. I looked into her piercing eyes and felt calmer, I wasn't nervous anymore and I knew what the right thing to do was. And I was going to do it, tonight. I had to tell her.

After a couple glasses of wine and delicious sushi I had bought for us. She looked at me seriously «Maxence?» she said in a questioning tone. «Yes..?» I answered back. «I can tell there's something different today. What is the motive behind all this?» She said and pointed to the blanket and wine. «I mean I love it, I really do. It's very romantic. But why?» she questioned

Now. Now's the time. DO IT YOU PUSSY.

I took a deep breath, getting ready to be vulnerable again. And opening my heart for her to take it out and rip it apart if she wanted «Well. I wanted to tell you something» I started. This was scary.. Letting her have so much control over me.. I looked into her eyes again to remind myself why I was doing this.«I have had something on my mind for some weeks now and I need to get it off my chest» I continued. As I was talking I felt the words come very naturally and I knew exactly how to go about it. (Maybe because I had practiced it like 500 times in the car. But I would like to think that it was because it was the right thing to say)

«I don't expect any response from you, I know you can't handle being vulnerable. I usually can't either. But you make me want to be more vulnerable, and for our relationship to evolve I need to be the first one to open up» I said. She looked at me with confused eyes. I could sense that she knew what was coming but I couldn't read anything else than confusion in that sea of ice blue. Before I could hesitate anymore and question the whole thing I decided to just say it before it was too late.

Here goes nothing

«Evelyn, I love you»

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.8K 2.4K 49
#1 Spy #2 Mafiaboss β€’ Ziva and Jayceono. Two of the most popular people at school-aka troublemakers-who absolutely detested each other's guts and pre...
326K 5.2K 47
When V moves away from Italy with her baby boy Angelo she lives a life full of drama, pain, heartbreak but also insanely good times. V wanted to get...
19.1M 434K 41
[BEING RE-WRITTEN RN] Book one in the D'Angelo Series (Also the first maybe three chaps might be cringe, IT GETS BETTER I SWEAR 😭) What happens whe...
182K 5.7K 34
"𝑨𝒏𝒅 π’Šπ’‡ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π‘«π’†π’—π’Šπ’ π’˜π’†π’“π’† 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒆 π’šπ’π’–, 𝒉𝒆'𝒅 π’Œπ’Šπ’”π’” π’šπ’π’–'𝒓𝒆 π’†π’šπ’†π’” 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒕." π‘©π’π’π’Œ 1 Copyright...