Love In Reverse.

By Spennymoor

My Hero Academia AU. Zatanna Zatara, a boy with a very unique quirk. By speaking backwards he is able to perf... More

Character Info:
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#9
#10
#11
#12
#13
#14
The End

#8

46 0 0
By Spennymoor

Hero 101

Today's the day we start our actual classes. This may be a hero school but it also contains standard normal classes such as English, Math etc...
By the time Ocha and I got to school majority of the students were here already. I walked with Ocha to her desk to talk a bit before the day starts.

"I can't wait for this afternoon!" she cheered as she sat down. I smiled at her as I sat on the desk, "I'm taking a wild guess in saying it's because we have hero training?" her smile only seemed to brighten. "It's gonna be so awesome, I hope we don't have to fight robots again." she sweat dropped.
"Your telling me!" we laughed at each others snorts which made us laugh even harder.

"Ah good morning fellow classmates- ZATANNA WHAT ARE YOU DOING! Get off the table this instant, this is unacceptable!" His hands were flying everywhere. "Iida Iida calm down see see I'm getting off the table." I slowly lowered myself onto the ground. The taller boy pushed his glasses up and bowed.

"Thank you!" I bowed back at him, "And a good morning to you too Iida."

The conversation regarding how the day will work filled in the time until our first lesson.
That lesson being with the pro hero Present Mic, who was our English teacher. He was trying to get us to say which sentence was incorrect. I could tell the whole class were thinking the same thing. So boring.

I was leaning on my elbow trying to write notes down when someone tapped my shoulder. The girl next to me got my attention, it was the girl from the exam that Kiri and I saved.

"I'm sorry for not coming to you sooner, I was nervous honestly to talk to you. But I just wanted to say thank you for saving me along with the red haired guy." She looked down at her book she was so nervous she couldn't even look at me.
"Of course, I'm glad you made it out alright. I couldn't bare the thought of leaving you behind when you were in need of help." I smiled at her. She half smiled back at me, I gave her my hand to shake. "Zatanna."
She looked down at it before shaking, "Jiro."

"Nice to meet you Jiro."
"And a pleasure to meet you Zatanna."

"Excuse me you two, are you done!"
Present Mic said, hands on his hips.
"Sorry Sir!" we both shouted out. He huffed and turned back to the board. We looked at eachother before giggling.

The day carried on, the normal classes were over. It was lunchtime now; Uraraka, Midoriya, Iida and I sat together and ate. The cook came up to us to ask us how the food was, Midoriya was fangirling I take it he really loves heros.

The class that everyone was excited for has finally arrived. The hero basic training class started now.

"I AM HERE!!! COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!!"
The number 1 hero himself, All Might came the door in his amazing Silver Age hero outfit.

The class ruptured with comments.
"I can't believe it's really All Might!"
"This year is really gonna be awesome!"

My heart was pounding, with all might as our teacher this year will surely be one to remember.
Midoriya in front of me was literally shaking, taking he loves heros so much and that all might was here I think he just might pass out.

" Welcome to the most important class at U.A High!" his voice boomed across the room. His voice only caused my excitement to rise, I could barely sit still.

"Think of it as heroing 101, here you will learn the basics of being a pro and what it means to fight in the name of good!"

"Lets get into it!" he pulled out a card that had Battle on it. First day doing this and were already doing combat. This is so cool. I looked around the class, everyone was so pumped to do this. "But one of the keys of being a hero is looking good! These were designed for you based on your quirk registration reports you submitted before school started!" the whole class gasped with excitement as panels in the walls opened to reveal suitcases with numbers on them.

"Suit up and meet me at training ground Beta!" All might pulled a thumbs up before dashing out the door.
The class collected the suits with their specific numbers and headed to the changing rooms. I walked with Iida and Midoriya, they were having their own conversation while I tagged behind them. The changing rooms were normal looking, lockers everywhere with benches in between.

I choose a random locker next to Iidas. "What do you think All Might has in store for us today?!" he said as he took off this glasses. "Honestly I don't know, but I can't wait to find out!" I looked over to him and we WAS TAKING HIS SHIRT OFF!!!!

"Agsbshsv!" I turned my body in the other direction, blocking all sight of him. Oh my God why why... Why is he so attractive!

"Zatanna, are you alright? What's wrong?" he was about to tap my shoulder when I turned around to look at him, trying ever hard not to look down. My face was blood red.
"No no alls good Iida, thanks."
"You sure?" I only nodded. I looked away from him to open my suitcase.

The case clicked open and revealed my hero outfit.

The greens were absolutely stunning, the vail and hood were exactly what I wanted. I'm happy they manage to make it how I imagined it.

"Aren't you going to change Zatanna?" Iida said. His voice caught me off guard, I was in my own little world.
I looked at him, his outfit was on, helmet in hand. He looked like a knight in shinning armour, oh that was so cheesy Zatanna.

"Um I will, I'm just admiring it a bit."
He looked into the suitcase, "Yes that is a unique style for a hero outfit, I'm sure it will look great on you."

I blushed again and smiled, "just give me a sec." I stood back and turned my whole body to him.
"Stel yrt tuo eht wen Kool!" the blue mist formed around my feet before circling around my body.
When the mist dispersed I was in my new out, my school uniform was now hanging in the locker.

I felt myself for a moment, taking in all the details and how it felt on me. It was absolutely perfect for me, also easy to move it. Not heavy in the slightest.
I looked up at Iidas stunned face. He's never seen my quirk before. I blushed under his gaze. "So..." I gave him a little twirl, "how do I look?"

He sweat dropped before fixing his glasses, "Well I must say you look rather bea-" "Oh wow Zatanna you look so Manly!!" Kiri interrupted.
"Thank you Kiri." I smiled at him, I turned to look at Iida but he was already walking to the exit.

Everyone has changed, and all looking so cool I must add and we made our way to ground Beta.

All Might was already here waiting for us, looking so cool too. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that he's our teacher. I stood next to Kirishima and Ocha when she turned to look at Deku in his outfit. It's honestly not bad... Just loose the mask. Obviously I won't say that too him though.

"Wow Midoriya look at you!" I flung my arms at him. He was blushing under the mask at Ocha and Is comments. "Thanks Zatanna..."

All Might got the classes attention. "Right now that your ready it's time for combat training!"

"Uh sir, this is the fake city from our entrance exam." Oh yeah he's not wrong. It's completely rebuilt, one would never think a battle happened here at all. "Does that mean we'll be conducting urban battles again?"

"Not quite, I'm going to move you 2 steps ahead! Most villain high fights happen outside, however statistically speaking run ins with the most dastardly evil doers happens in doors. Home invasions, evil lairs..."
All Might continued on.

"For today's exercise you'll be split in teams of two, good guys and bad guys. You will do two on two indoor battles!"

"Isn't this a little advanced", a small girl said.
I happen to agree with her on that. I looked back at All Might. "The best training to get, is the ones on the battlefield. There are no robots this time, but actual people!"
The class started to ask questions, overwhelming the poor hero. "I wasn't finished." I covered my mouth to hide a laugh.

The then explained how there are villains hiding a bomb somewhere in the building, the heros either have to capture the villains or the bomb.

"Time is limited, we'll choose teams by drawing lots!"
Midoriya then explained to Iida why this was the better way to deside. "Let's draw!!!"

All Might drew the names and we all got into teams. Midoriya was with Uraraka while Iida was with Bakugo.
I was team C with the girl with black hair. Her outfit was very revealing, I wonder what the reasons for... She's definitely not the type to want to grab attention like that so...

"You must be... Momo Yaoyorozu correct?" I walked up to her offering a hand. "I am indeed and you're Zatanna... Yes?" I nodded enthusiastically. I shook her hand and clenched my fists showing how ready I am. She giggled at my energy matching me as she did the same.

All Might drew the team letters from boxes that said Heros and Villians. So Iida and Urarakas team were going first. All might asked us to go to the monitoring room, I walked with Momo before shouting to the 2 teams, "You got this guys!!!"

I followed the class to the room, it was medium sized with a massive screen displaying all the cameras in the building.

All Might came in a moment later and stood at the podium with a mic. "Alright let's begin the indoor combat hero training!!! Team A and team D your time starts now!"

"Pay attention kids, think about what you would do."

I turned to Momo who looked back at me. "Want to talk strategy?" she offered, "I don't see why not!" I walked over with her to the other side of All Might. "Honestly I can't come up with anything because we don't know who our opponents are, but looking at the teams I'd say we have a chance... Unless someone like Todoroki were to be our opponent." she looked over at the bi coloured hair boy and continued, "he too was recommended here to U.A he has a fire and ice quirk."

I looked back to him, that's amazing how he possesses 2 quirks... But that scar on his face... What happened to him. I turned back Momo as she talked about the others while watching the screen.

I watched as Midoriya and Uraraka sneaked their way around a corner before Bakugo came out of no where. Midoriya pushed Uraraka aside before they were hit, Bakugo looked angry as ever. Midoriyas mask was half gone... Jeez Bakugos quirk is very dangerous. I hope he has enough restraint to not hurt them badly.

"He almost got the jump on them." the taller boy in a yellow suit said. "Sneak attack Bakugo! What kind of a man pulls cheap crap like that!" Kiri punched his fists together.
"It's a viable strategy, he's playing the part acting like a true villain." All Might boomed.
"There he goes!" Denki shouted.

Just then Bakugo ran at Midoriya, but what surprised us was that Midoriya grabbed Bakugos arm and flung him over onto his back. "YESSS!" I shouted at the screen, arms held high as I cheered. Midoriya has a powerful quirk, but with the damage it does to his body I understand him holding back and resorting to hand to hand combat.

I hope everyone comes out of this unscathed.
We'll see.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 2.5K 33
A MHA x Reader story. You were born with a very unique quirk. A quirk with a lot of mystery. What it lacked in power, it more than made up for in res...
36K 2.5K 40
At that moment when he was pushed out of harms way by someone who always knew that he would be able to become a hero, he realized Bakugo was right. H...
225K 5.1K 65
(*WARNING*: contains foul language, mature content I guess, and also cringe) (Y/n) (L/n) has a non average life with a rare confusing bunch of Quirks...
8.2K 164 18
Izuku has been bullied since a young age such as beating to a pulp, almost rape by his classmates because of his cute little face been abandon by his...