Renegades One Shots (Nodrian...

By PrincessRenegade

A collection of random renegades-themed one-shots! All characters, world, etc, belong to the wonderful Mariss... More

Intro (Not a One-Shot)
Silent Thoughts (Nodrian)
Asking You Out (Osby)
Perfect First Date (Osby)
I'm Sorry (Nodrian)
Bloody Noses (Nodrian)
Awkward Stumble (Nodrian)
Adventures in Baking (Osby)
Movie Night (Osby)
Supernova is Here!!!
My Happy Ending (Nodrian, Spoilers!)
The Christmas Spirit (Part One, no spoilers)
Christmas Spirit (Part 2, final, no spoilers)
Writer's Block (No Longer Relevant)
The Trials (Part 1, No Spoilers)
The Trials (Part 2, No Spoilers)
Soundwave's Plan (Part 1, No Spoilers)
Elementary School Osby (No Spoilers!)
Soundwave's Revenge
Dogs or Cats? (Nodrian Fluff)
Flu Season (Osby, no spoilers)
The Trials Series: Adrian (No spoilers)
Friends (Grade School Osby Rewrite)
Support (Nodrian, Major Supernova Spoilers)
Cramps and Ice Cream (Somewhat Osby, hints of Nodrian, No spoilers)
Mothers and Cupcakes (Osby, slight spoilers)
Family (Nodrian, No Supernova Spoilers)
Sharing a Sundae (Nodrian, Major Spoilers)
What To Expect When You're Expecting: Part One (Spoilers)
What To Expect When You're Expecting: Part Two (Spoilers)
Reunion (Major Supernova Spoilers)
Tragedy (No Spoilers)
Nodrian's Quarantine (Nodrian, implied spoilers)
Unpopular Opinion
Telling the Friends (Nodrian, Osby, Spoilers)
Delivery (Nodrian, Spoilers)
You Meant OUR CHILD?!(Nodrian)
Nova Makes a Mistake (Nodrian, No Spoilers)
PSA For My Readers: You Guys are AWESOME
An Update
It's Out!
The Trials Series: Danna's Trials (No Spoilers)
Truth or Dare (Nodrian & Osby)
The Trials Series: Ruby and Oscar (No spoilers, Slight Osby)
Just Ask Her Already! (Nodrian, Spoilers)
Engagements (Nodrian, Osby, Small Spoilers)
Girl Power (Slight Supernova Spoilers)
Update (Not a One-Shot)
Adrian Makes a Mistake (Supernova Spoilers)
I Always Have! (Surprise Ship, Implied Spoilers)
Family (MAJOR SUPERNOVA SPOILERS)
Osby's Wedding (No Spoilers)
Ask Her Out, You Useless Lesbian
You Have to Heal
I Have Closure (No Spoilers)
Book Reviews by the Characters (Major Spoilers)
Nodrian Wedding (Spoilers)
Renegades on the Big Screen (Minor Spoilers)
Not Perfect, But Still Wonderful (No Spoilers)
New Year's Special (Archenemies Spoilers)
Memories (Spoilers, Mostly Nodrian, Some Osby)
Different Choices (Supernova AU)(Spoilers)

Kittens (No Spoilers)

226 10 1
By PrincessRenegade

 This story contains no spoilers, but does reference past one-shots.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danna walked through her garden, making sure the milkweed was healthy enough for the monarch butterflies to lay their eggs on.

As she walked past the milkweed and onto her dahlias, she heard a loud, high-pitched cry.

Danna was confused, and also a little annoyed. The sounds could be scaring off the other wildlife in her garden.

She swore that if Alfred the chipmunk ran away, she would sue someone.

Alfred was a chipmunk who lived in her garden. She saw him so much that she named him, and now, she was working on getting him to eat out of her hand.

Danna searched through her garden, trying to find the origin of the sound.

Finally, she saw kittens huddling next to each other by her favorite oak tree.

"Kittens? Where is your mother?" She asked.

She looked around for the mother and couldn't find her.

She laid out water and blankets for the cats, and went inside, as it was getting dark.

The next morning, she awoke and did her daily routine of watering her plants.

Once she reached the oak tree, she saw the kittens lying on the blanket, dogpiling each other for warmth. She looked around for paw prints, any indication that the mother had come back.

She saw none. The seasons would be changing soon. Already, the leaves were browning and she had been bringing her potted plants inside.

One of the kittens, an orange and white one, looked at her.

She could almost feel her heart melt. She was a lesbian, after all, and cats are her one weakness. She forgot about her watering and gathered the cats together, bring them inside. They tried to resist, but there were four and they were tiny, so it wasn't hard rounding them up.

Danna set up blankets on the floor and filled a bowl with water, but she figured they wouldn't drink any because they needed milk.

So Danna headed to the grocery store.

At the store, she spotted an old friend, Tara.

"Hi, Tara," Danna said.

"Oh, hi, Danna! How the hell are ya?!" She asked.

"Um, great. Listen, I found a litter of kittens..."

Tara just so happened to be an animal breeder when she wasn't kicking butt in court.

"No mother?" Tara asked. Danna shook her head.

"Ok. This is the brand of milk replacement I get. I tested several out and the cats seem to take better to this one." Tara said.

"Would you be interested in adopting a kitten once they get older?" Danna asked.

"I wish I could, but Jesse says we have too many pets, and I'm beginning to agree, which is why I'm taking a break from breeding. But I know that Kennedy and Oliver are looking for a cat. Try asking them," Tara said.

"Ok. I'll do that. Thanks, Tara," Danna said.

After she did some shopping for the kittens at the store, she left to get the remaining supplies from an actual pet store. As she left the pet store, spending over a hundred dollars, she wondered what did I get myself into?

------------------------------------------------------------

It was the fourth time Danna woke up. She was on a schedule of feeding the kittens very two hours.

She got up, put her slippers on, and traveled downstairs to feed the kittens.

She bottle-fed each of them in a rocking chair, imagining herself back in bed.

When she was done. She would go back upstairs and get two hours of shut-eye before she was up again, feeding the kittens.

She even brought them to work so she could feed then between missions.

At lunch one day, she was telling her friends about them.

"When will they be old enough to give them away?" Ruby asked.

"Probably in a few months. I don't know. I should probably ask Tara."

"Well, you know, Oscar and I could probably take one. We've been talking about getting another pet after our last one died. Julia especially wants one." Ruby said. "And once Nova and Adrian get back from vacation with their daughters, you can ask them. I'm sure they'd love another pet."

"Good idea. Nova has been stressed out that Princess Sweetie has become aggressive. Maybe a new kitten will help her calm down." Danna said.

"Are you going to keep one?" Oscar asked.

"I don't know. I love cats, but, I don't know, they're kind of like kids. That's why I still don't have any pets. They'd rely on me for food and shelter, and it's kind of scary."

As their lunch break was ending, Kennedy and Oliver were walking into the cafeteria, laughing about something.

"Oh! Tara said I should ask Kennedy and Oliver. Apparently, they're considering getting a cat."

Danna began walking towards the pair, and before she was even halfway there, Kennedy ran up to her and gave her a bear hug. Danna smiled and hugged the woman back.

As Oliver caught up, Danna asked "I found some kittens, and pretty soon here they'll need a new home. Tara said you might be interested?"

Oliver and Kennedy exchanged a look.

"As a matter of fact, we are interested," Kennedy replied after having an "eye conversation" with her husband.

"I found them under a tree and I'm taking care of them while they're still super young, but once they get older, I'll need some takers. I don't want four cats," Danna explained.

"It's funny you asked. Amelia has been begging us to get a cat. She says that the dog is bored without a cat to play with. We both know the dog couldn't care less, but we kind of want a cat, too." Oliver said.

"Just call us when you're ready to give us a cat and we'll come over and pick one with Logan and Amelia," Kennedy said. Oliver nodded in agreement.

As they walked away, Danna sighed.

She always secretly liked Kennedy and wished that she would have gotten a chance to be with her, but for a long time, it's been Oliver and Kennedy. No one could break their bond. Maybe in an alternate dimension, but definitely not in this one... 😉

Danna came back to the table.

"They said they'll take one. With you and Oscar and possibly Nova and Adrian, I'll be all set to rehome them."

---------------------------------------------

Months later, Danna was left with one cat. Kennedy and Oliver chose the tuxedo cat and named him Klondike. He had taken a liking to Amelia in particular.

Ruby and Oscar fell in love with one of the calicos, so they took her home and named her Fawn. Julia was in love with that cat.

After some persuading, Nova and Adrian took the remaining calico. For some reason, that cat really loved Danna and didn't want to leave her, but Danna already had her heart set on keeping the orange and white cat, so Nova a d Adrian named the cat Monarch after Danna, and Danna promised to visit so the cat could still see her.

Danna kept the orange and white one. The first one she made eye contact with. She named him Creamsicle, and he became Danna's baby.

----------------------------------------------

So I ran out of ideas, so I decided to write about the origin story about the kittens mentioned in "Memories".

This is heavily inspired about how my girlfriend acquired her cat, except it was her sister who found the cat, and her sister ended up keeping three and my girlfriend taking one. My girlfriend was the one who fed them every two hours and basically nursed them before they were old enough to eat real cat food and fend for themselves, so I used a lot of what she told me as inspiration for this.

I added a little part about the alternate dimension as a nod to a comment I made to another reader in "Renegades on the Big Screen".

Anyway, I think it's time to call it quits. This story has been going on for a long time. I'm going to write the final chapter (or chapters if I make it a two-shot type deal) and then I'm ending it and shifting my focus towards Restoration.

Anyway, vote and comment to your heart's content. I love hearing feedback and sometimes, comments really make me laugh.

And remember, I love you all and am so thankful for all your unending support!

Also please please recommend good Owl House fics. My heart is bursting for more Lumity. They don't just have to be on wattpad. They can be from anywhere, just tell me the name and the website so I can find it. 😊

Anywya, until next time, keep reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 4.6K 42
"You're not supposed to have fallen for me!" "Why, can't you see that I love you?" "Because the hero never falls in love with one of the villains!"...
29.8K 627 11
Hope you enjoy these cute TLC oneshots/headcannons! Feel free to leave a comment if you have any suggestions for what to do next, as I would be happy...
109K 1.1K 191
Stranger things one shots.
18.2K 300 15
it's tordtom/tomtord this is my first one shot book some parts maybe will be split into few parts but I will try to make the story good as I can, and...