stay with me • albedo

By yoimiyah

"Do you think glasses get in the way of kissing?" On the first day of university, what can you want more than... More

DISCLAIMER + INFO!
PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14 -- Yunjin's backstory.
15
16
17
19
20
NOT AN UPDATE
21- Yunjin's text
22
Epilogue
23 - christmas special
24- yunjin extra
closing word

18

8K 350 1.6K
By yoimiyah

[edited slightly]

Who does he think he is?

You scream into your pillow, unsure of the emotions you're feeling right now. He really had the audacity to ask your dearest roommate and bestfriend to go out with him when you two just 'broke up' a few weeks ago. Who is he to use Sucrose as a 'rebound'?

At this point, you're just reaching because you're mad. Maybe it isn't that way at all -- and maybe it was all part of your imagination. But you can't help but feel a spark of anger everytime it comes to your mind. You have not been able to do normal daily things like washing the dishes, washing your clothes, or even showering without thinking of that confession scene.

I mean, why should you care so much? Afterall, you two weren't a real thing anyways. Maybe you're just feeling like this because you got attached to him in that few months. Plus, it's unfair that he's already making his move. You feel like you're getting left behind.

But what moves are you gonna make? At this point, you've already moved on from Kaeya and extremely ready to mingle.

But you declare that you must make your move no matter what -- Of course, you won't stoop down to his level; Confessing. However, you have to get back at him no matter what. Why? Because you never forget your morals. You never forget your three Gs. Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss. So true.

Grabbing your keys, you decide to make your way to Kaeya's dorm -- hoping with all of your heart that Albedo wouldn't be there. It would be good if he wasn't there anyways.

Within 10 minutes, you find yourself infront of the dude's apartment. Taking a deep breath, you let your fist hover awkwardly infront of the door, slightly regretting your decision of coming over

It was an impulse decision of course, and since you're already here, why not?

Knocking on the door nervously, you hear some shifting before the door opens lazily, revealing a messy-haired Kaeya -- WITH HIS HAIR UNTIED. Lord, you were about to drop onto your knees then and there. "[Y/N]?" He blurts out in confusion, and ooh, you were so close to just

You decide to keep it PG13 and get rid of all thoughts in your head; which resulted in you blankly staring at the blue-haired boy weirdly. "Earth to [Y/N]?" He repeats again, which finally snaps you out of your daydream. "Are you here for Albedo? Because he's not h-"

"No! I'm here for.. you.." You mumble towards the end, in which Kaeya widens his eyes in surprise. He scratches his head, before opening the door wider to let you in. He guides you into his room -- which is incredibly messy -- And to be honest, you're not even surprised at that. Kaeya has always been messy since highschool. You won't even be surprised to see boxers hanging from his ceiling fan.

Moving aside his pile of his clothes, you plop yourself on the carpeted floor before examining his room. 'Albedo's room is much more neater than this, that blondie should really teach-' The moment you realised what you were thinking about, you raise your hand and gave yourself a forceful slap in the face, stopping your thought process.

"Thinking about that asshole right here when I can think about Kaeya with untied hair? Unbelievable. I'm being so unbelievable right now." You mumble, rubbing the stinging pain in your right cheek. Kaeya stumbles in with two cups of water right after, before sitting down infront of you.

The atmosphere is slightly intense for awhile.

"Sucrose dumped you, huh?" You fiddle with the hem of your sleeves, before looking up to make eye contact with the blue haired-guy. He nods reluctantly, sighing. You could tell that he was clearly devastated from that event, as he points towards the big bouquet on his table which was placed nicely in a vase.

"Poor you." You frown, which Kaeya waves you off, telling you to not worry.

"How is she? Is she doing alright? And how have things been going with you and Albedo?" Kaeya places his elbow on the table before letting his chin rest against his palm. You scratch your head, trying to rephrase the situation in your brain. "Sucrose has been fine... but meanwhile.. Albedo and I have broken up." Your voice is lower than a whisper as you finish your sentence.

Kaeya keeps his head down low. "Guess we're both single now, huh?" He laughs sarcastically, sipping the last drop of water in the cup. "And we both still have feelin-"

"I don't have feelings for him."

"Sure, whatever floats in your boat I guess." He sighs, before standing up to go refill his cup of water. You look away, not expecting anything -- however Kaeya slips on one of the socks on the floor, falling forward and onto you. You close your eyes, holding out your arms so you can catch him in which you do -- But he falls into ... a pretty awkward position.

"Get your head out of my chest, Kaeya. Somebody's going to misunderstand this." You pipe out, looking at the dude who's face is right in your chest. "Mmf." He mumbles against your bust, before pushing himself away from you. "I'm home-" Albedo opens the door to two of you in quite an intimate position. His eyes widen for a moment, before narrowing into a cold glare.

He drops his totebag onto the ground, before stomping into his roommate's room angrily. Pulling you by one arm, he forces you to stand up and pulls you away from the blue-haired man, before guiding you out of the apartment aggressively.

"Wha- Let me go." You chime over and over, but he doesn't stop until he's reaching your dorm. "Let me go, you idiot." You say, shaking your hand out of his grasp. He turns back to look at you with a cold expression, before heaving out a sigh.

"This is what you do the moment you end our fake relationship? I'm actually disappointed." He laughs dryly, his glare still sending shivers down your spine. You furrow your eyebrows at his statement.

"Oh? Can't believe you're saying this when you're the one confessing to Sucrose at the arcade. You're unbelievable." You roll your eyes and cross your arms.

Albedo looks as if he's taken aback by the response, as he immediately looks at the ground. "It's not like that." He mumbles.

"It's not like what? You're accusing me of this when you literally made me wait a whole hour outside of the arcade just for me to see you confess to her? Are you serious?" You're getting worked up, and you know that you shouldn't. But you're so done with this, your chest is in pain and you just want to go home. "And why do you care anyways? We're not associated with each other anymore. We're not fake dating anymore. So why would you care what me and Kaeya are doing."

You give him one last glare, holding in your tears and walking away.

"[Y/N]." He says in a soft voice, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you back. You gasp at the sudden touch, a stinging feeling in your heart. You grit your teeth, trying to push him away but his hold on you was tight.

"As I said it's not like that. She rejected my confession." He says in a small voice, holding you even tighter. Your eyes widen as you turn to look back at him -- his eyes are slightly glassy, his lips are pursed and he holds a soft expression that made your heart churn. "She said that she still loved Kaeya. And she knew that you still 'had feelings' for me, so she couldn't accept it." He says.

"Do you still love her?" You blurt out, earning a surprised expression from the blonde. He lets his chin rest against your shoulder, so that he's backhugging you fully now.

"No. I have someone else in mind." Albedo mused, turning his head to look at you. "[Y/N]?"

You keep your head down, nodding in response. "Do you have feelings for me, hm?" He hums, his eyes not leaving the side of your face.

Your eyes widen, immediately pushing him away. "What are you talking about? I clearly still have feelings for Kaeya. I don't understand why you're asking this right now. And you still haven't answered my question. Why would you care what me and Kaeya are doing?"

Albedo's once soft expression is replaced by a cold one once again. "It's always Kaeya this and Kaeya that. I don't give a shit about Kaeya, [Y/N]. The only person I fucking care about is you. I don't know what's going on in your mind but, I care because... I don't want you to get hurt." He buries his face in his arms, before kneeling to the ground.

You can't tell whether he's crying, or extremely embarrassed from admitting how he feels. But you felt your chest get slightly warm at the thought of it. "I care too much about you to the point that it's all I can think about. I can't bear you being angry at me because when that happens... I can't check up on you at all." He muttered against his palms.

"Weren't you the one who avoided me first?" You raise your eyebrow at his statement, in which he shoots his head up, ready to defend himself. That's when you were able to see his face clearly -- his eyes were glassy, face beet red and his bangs were messed up slightly. You realised that he was hiding his face so that you couldn't see his blush, and you found that so cute.

"I did.. I did because I had a reason." He looks away, his face still extremely red. "Plus, we needed space from each other..."

"I broke up with you because I just felt like I shouldn't tie you down, especially after Kaeya and Sucrose broke up. There's better people than me and Sucrose, you know? So.. I ended it." You come up with a random excuse from the back of your mind, rubbing the nape of your neck awkwardly.

"That's not true. I never once felt as if I was tied to you or something. This is what you're doing wrong, [Y/N]. You keep assuming things." He sighs, finally standing up.

You stare at him blankly, before looking away. "Says the one who assumed that Kaeya was all over me." You scoff, crossing your arms.

"Thats..! He was all up in your chest... Of course I would misunderstand." Albedo stutters, avoiding eye contact with you.

"You wanna be next?" You laugh, pointing at your chest, which Albedo blushes in response. "Anyways, what I do with Kaeya is none of your business. See you tomorrow though!" Albedo's eyes widen at that sentence as he bites his lip in return.

"It isn't my business? Right. Then me and Sucrose shouldn't be your business as well." He snaps, before he pushes up his glasses and walks off.

"It was a joke, why are you getting worked up?" You panic, inwhich he turns around almost immediately, grabbing you by the chin.

"Because its different." He says in low voice, before letting go and walking off with his hand in his pockets.

The only thing different is how differently stupid you are, you curse in your brain.

Then you sigh at look at his disappearing back.

His dorm is the other way.....

-----------------------------------------

authors note

SORRYFOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE. I WAS HAVING A BIG WRITERS BLOCK PLUS I WAS SUPER BUSY W SCH BUT HERE I AM AND IM DONE W CHAPTER 18

SO DID Y/N AND ALBEDO RESOLVE THE ISSUE?? DID THEY????? DID THEY???? IDK FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER IG 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

this chapter was so messy help im so sorry so many things were happening at once but we are nearing the climax of the story... And then soon enough it will be the end of stay with me

thank you for staying with me (heheheh) throughout this journey! also i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.. but get your hearts ready for the next few ones ive already planned the next few chapters hehehhehejehehehejfhe

YOUR COMMENTS ARE SO FUNNY.

Ok some angst next chapter yall might be like wtf !!!!!!! At the next chapter so Im just preparing yall.. get ready

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 18K WTF 18K SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE READ MY STORY. 14 YEAR OLD BEL.... UR WISH HAS COME TRUE YOU FINALLY HAVE A BOOK THAT BLOWED UP

also PLEASE I AM ASKING THIS VERY NICELY IF YOU HAVE ANY MODERN ROMANCE MANHWA (PREFERABLY WORK/UNIVERSITY ROMANCE) PLEASE REC ME SOME. IVE RAN OUT OF THINGS TO READ. I WANTED TO READ MDZS MANHUA AND TGCF'S NOVEL BUT I DONT RELALY HAVE THE FEEL TO READ ANY ACTION STORIES RN SO PLS REC ME MODERN ROMANCE MANHWAS ACTUALLY HISTORICAL ROMANCE IS FINE TOO BUT PREFERABLY MODERN

OK IDW TO MAKE THIS TOO LONG SO THANK U FOR READING THIS CHAPTER SORRY FOR DEALING W THIS BAD STORY FOR 18 CHAPTERS THANK U FOR 18K AND HAPPY READING!!

-bel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 2.7K 20
Mondstadt was destroyed. Everyone had a hard time getting themselves back together. Their homes were gone, family members dead. Everyone grieved, eve...
63.7K 1.6K 16
Kaeya made a bet with his friend that he could make the class genius fall in love with him... But what if nothing happens like he planned ? °°° This...
3.3K 96 17
꧁College au , modern au , Kakashi x Rin꧂ ➪Kakashi Hatake was a straight A student all through middle and high school. He was on the volleyball team i...
110K 2.2K 20
Albedo once said that relationships are hard to handle. But one day, he somehow found himself interested in his assistant, Sucrose. He tried to refus...