Falling for the Devil

By MentallyUnstablexoxo

Harley Prince has been a good girl all her life. But when her best friend's brother gets expelled from colleg... More

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Intro❀︎
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
#1 The Downfall
#2 Regret
#3 New/Old Kid
#4 After Hours
#5 Jailbirds
#6 Bad Ideas
#7 Revenge
#8 Valentine's
#9 Cujo
#10 Camryn
#11 Butterfly Knife
#12 Two Flirts
#14 Freight
#15 Sorry
#16 Arguing
#17 SLUT
#18 Fuck-Toy
#19 Distraction
#20 Problems
#21 Hot Tubs
#22 - Sex Lemonade
#23 New Me
#24 Hookups
#25 Body Kisses
#26 PARTY CRASHERS
#27 No Regrets
#28 The Devil in her Angel Eyes
#29 Drugs and Money
#30 - Deadly Summers
#31 Oliver
#32 Football Class
#33 Highway Bitches
#34 Graduation Fuck You's
#35 Gun F*cking
#36 Fights
#37 I-
#38 Dumb Dates
#39 Virgin Round Two
Disclaimer
#40 Old/New Self
#41 Missing
#42 Hope Crew
#43 Across the Country
#44 Goodbye
#45 Times Changed - Epilogue
Author's Note

#13 Pranks

26.3K 427 565
By MentallyUnstablexoxo

~ Make Up - Ariana Grande ~

❤︎❤︎❤︎

"You have it?" Cam asks as she pops up out of nowhere.

I reach into my locker pulling out the pink paint. She holds up a small bucket. I begin squeezing the thick paint into the bucket as she holds it. I toss the empty tube of paint in my locker and hold the bucket while Cam reaches into her bag and takes out her water bottle.

She smirks. "I made it ice cold." As she pours her water into the bucket, ice drops out of it. She lifts her sleeve before mixing it up with her hand watching the water and paint mix into one colour.

I look around the room for our target. Bingo. And he's wearing a white shirt today, that's a plus. He's flirting with sme curly red head right now. His shoulder leans against the lockers while he talks, the red head swirls a strand of hair around her finger and giggles at each word he says.

"Ugh barf. And I thought that type of shit only happened in movies," Cam mumbles. I shrug, agreeing with her. "Okay do it now," she encourages.

I walk over to Grey slowly from behind. I lift the bucket dumping the ice cold water over his head. The redhead steps back. A laugh escapes my lips but I quickly smack my hand over my mouth.

He turns around and his eyes land on mine. I move to leave but he grabs my wrist pulling my body against him. My cream coloured long sleeve is splattered with dripping pink paint. But Grey's shirt is almost completely soaked and pink.

"You're going to regret that Angel," he whispers.

I look around to see everyone watching us. I remove my wrist from his hold and step back crossing my arms. "Mmm I don't think I will. Bring it on Grey, I'm not scared of you." But I am scared of what he might do.

He winks before walking off. Winks?! What does that even mean? I walk back over to my locker where Cam is waiting with Evelyn and Ollie. Shit, Ollie. I didn't tell him I was pranking his brother.

"Heyyyy Olives," I drawl, trying not to act suspicious. My hands snapped behind my back.

He raises an eyebrow. "Is Grey bothering you again? Harley, I told you I'd talk to him," he reminds me.

I give him a sheepish smile. "I know but I'm good on my own. Ollie, I love you but where's the fun in that." He looks at me weirdly. Evelyn scoffs.

"I gotta pee," Camryn says before excusing herself.

"I don't like Camryn," Evelyn declares.

I shrug. "I never asked you if you liked her or not. I like her and honestly couldn't care less about what you think," I retort. Evelyn immediately looks up at Ollie and nudges him.

I look at Ollie confused. He looks like he's hiding something. "Look Harley. I like Cam but I just don't like the way you're acting, you've changed," he says honestly.

I don't think I've changed yet. I think I'm in the midst of changing.

I shrug, not caring one bit. "Why? Because I'm not the same little bitch who'd let people walk all over her." I look at Evelyn. "Even if I did change, so what? I'm starting to like the new me. If you don't like it, you can walk out of my life." I glance at the both of them once more before walking away.

"Wait up!" Ollie tosses his arm around my shoulder. "I love you whether you're a little bitch or not and we are best friends whether you are or not. You aren't getting away from me that easily so what's the plan?" He asks.

"What plan?"

"To go against Grey. You can't just prank him once and wait for him to prank you back. You do it before he can."

❤︎

Alright so plan A was good but plan B failed. "I told you taking away his backpack wouldn't have done shit. We need to go bigger," Camryn suggests. Yes, I took his backpack. He just went to class without anything and not a care in the world.

"Yeah, Cam's right. Something way bigger. But it's Friday, we can't really come up with anything so soon," Ollie points out. He's right, it'd be too hard to get what we need.

"You might need to just accept your fate. Today, you're fucked," Cam says. We're all eating our lunch outside. And by all I mean Camryn, Ollie and I. Evelyn has a club or something. I don't really care.

I dust my hands off and stand up. "So what? What's the worst he could do?"

I notice Ollie and Camryn stand up too and take small steps back. Cam lets out a short, nervous laugh. "I don't know. Maybe get a bunch of people to pour water on you," she mumbles in a rush. I notice their eyes lingering behind me.

But when I come back, water splashes all over me. And a shit ton of water soaking me from head to toe. My hands fly to my eyes, wiping the water away. When I look up, Grey stands in front of me "Really?"

He leans his lips close to my ears. "You know how much I love seeing you wet for me, Angel." And of course, it's straight dirty talk. He pulls away, laughing. He pulls at my soaking wet shirt. "Yikes," he sucks in a breath sardonically.

Before I know it he's pushed back and Ollie stands in front of me. "What the hell is wrong with you? Can you not just leave Harley alone!" Ollie shouts at his brother. This only encourages Grey to take a step forward.

"Watch yourself Oliver," he warns, jabbing a finger into his chest.

Ollie pushes his hand away. "Grey, do me a favour, and stay the fuck away from Harley," Ollie says.

"Or what?" Grey shrugs as he stares down his brother.

"Greyson, I promise you'll regret it. Stay away," Ollie repeats.

Grey chuckles deeply. "Sure." He looks over at me. "Later Harley," he winks at me before walking off. I stand still, covered in water.

"Harleyyyy! I got you, I have a change of clothes," Camryn calls out. I smile at her. I need to get out of these wet clothes now.

❤︎

"It's not going to work," I whisper.

"Yes it is. Shhhh," Camryn shushes.

"Where did you even get cornstarch on such short notice?" I ask as we wait.

"Baking room. Now shhh, here he comes," she whispers. We watch from a hiding spot as Grey walks up to his locker. We watch as two of his friends approach him and they begin talking instead of opening his locker.

And then he begins spinning the lock. Camryn pats my back as we wait. Until he steps to the side and opens it so he's standing behind the door. A white powder dispenses from his locker and slowly falls onto the floor.

Grey slams his locker closed, drawing attention to himself. He looks around and his eyes land on me. "Shit, abort plan. Abort plan," I panic. Camryn and I begin walking to our lockers as if we didn't do anything.

The second I open my locker it slams back closed. "Hi Grey," I smile, turning my body slightly to face him. My plan failed so he can't be mad about that.

"Nice try," he says.

"Whatever. What're you doing here?" I ask, getting straight to the point. Ollie has already talked to him about staying away from me. So why is he here right now?

"We are going out, right now. Grab your bag," he says. First he acts like a dick, then he wants to hangout and it's a repeating cycle.

I shake my head. "That is not a good idea." It never is. "Plus I have a debate team meeting." I keep missing out on the meetings which I never do.

"I'll wait. Just come, you had fun last time didn't you?" He says this time in a softer tone. The way he says it makes me want to say yes. But I can't, I shouldn't.

I look around for Camryn but soon realize she's talking with a football player. I sigh looking at Grey. "Greyson, I can't," I mumble. Why do I want to say yes so bad?

I have to remember what happens every time we do stuff together. He ends up leaving me, we end up in jail, drunk, hungover, forgetting my school work. I have to remember what's important to me right now.

He sighs, taking a step forward. His cologne satisfies my sense of smell. "Greyson," I whisper, unable to speak any louder.

"Just for an hour Angel. I'll take you home after," he assures.

"Okay."

"Greyson fucking West, move your ass away from Harley!" Though I can't see the person who shouted, I know that voice very well. Grey takes a few steps back and I can suddenly breathe again. His hands raise into the air, a smirk on his face as Ollie approaches us.

Ollie immediately comes to my side. "Harley, are you okay?" He asks as he looks between me and Grey. Grey rolls his eyes, a scoff falling from his lips.

I tear my gaze away from Grey and look up at Ollie. "Yeah, I'm fine Ollie. We were just talking," I reassure. Ollie nods as he stares his brother down.

"You can leave now," he makes clear.

Grey glances at me one last time before leaving. Ollie turns around. "Want to hang out tonight? After your stupid club," he says.

I roll my eyes. "I don't call your stupid football, stupid. My clubs are interesting, knowledgeable, exhilarating-" Ollie places his hand over my mouth stopping me from speaking any more.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Are we hanging or not H?"

I already told Greyson I'd hang out with him.

"Tomorrow, promise." If I'm not hung over. "I have work tonight. Kraze Kafe is gonna need their employees for coffee," I ramble in a lie.

Ollie gives me a skeptical look before brushing it off. "Alright tomorrow. Hey maybe I'll stop by," he says. My eyes widen, and this is why I don't lie. It always comes back to bite me in the ass.

"Not tonight. It's usually busy on Friday nights and you won't be able to get a seat. Tell you what, when I'm working on a none busy day, you can come," I assure with a smile. Ollie smiles back.

"I have football so I'll call you tonight-"

I gasp, placing my hand over my heart. "Is The Oliver West free on a Friday night. Damn, no hot date for tonight?" I ask teasingly. Ollie usually parties, drinks, hangs out with his football friends or hooks up with girls on Friday nights.

He chuckles lightly. "My hot date tonight is your number in my phone. You better answer my call Harley," he says.

"Damn out of all the girls on your phone, it's me tonight. I'm honoured," I mumble sarcastically as he begins walking off.

"You know you're my number one babe! You come first, always!" He shouts as he walks off. I laugh as I walk down the halls to my debate team club. I walk in and take a seat down next to Evelyn.

An hour later I'm walking out of the room. They threatened to take away my title as team captain and kick me out of the club because I haven't been coming. According to Justin they weren't thinking about doing it until Evelyn initiated and talked about it. Now she has them all convinced.

"Ready?"

I look up at Grey leaning against his car. I nod and get into the passenger seat of his car. I toss my bag next to my feet and lean back in my seat. "What's up with you?" Grey asks, noticing my mood. He pulls out onto the road smoothly with one hand on the wheel.

"I'm in a bad mood. Evelyn decided to go behind my back and be like 'oh I don't think Harley Prince is the right person for captain. She doesn't go to the meetings anymore and doesn't participate' ahhh!" I imitate Evelyn's stupid team.

Grey laughs and I shoot him a death stare. "Look, I told you Evelyn wasn't on your side to begin with. She probably just wants to take your place as captain. But you also have to fulfil your responsibilities as captain," he says.

"What would you know? I'm good at what I do, I still get us to the finals if I show up," I mutter under my breath.

"Back in college before I got expelled, I was team captain of the football team. Didn't show up to half the practices and training. Didn't lead my team the way I was supposed to. Sure, I was a beast on the field, but I got kicked from the team and Emmett took my place," he explains.

Sometimes I forget Grey played football. He's the reason Ollie took over football. When we were younger Oliver always looked up to Grey. Grey taught him everything he knows about football. But in the past few years, they drifted a lot.

"You're right. I guess," I mumble.

"I am right, Angel. Just if you really want this shit, go for it. But to be honest it never seemed like you were into it from the beginning," Grey says.

"I am!"

"Think again," he's quick to tell me.

I think about it. I like winning, but it's stressful. To be honest I can't remember the reason I decided to do this. For my parents? For college? Somewhere along those lines but I know it wasn't for me. Nothing I really do is for me. Okay maybe Grey is a tad right.

Grey's phone begins ringing. "Shit," he curses as he glances at the caller ID. He looks at me. "Stay quiet for a minute." I nod letting him answer his phone call.

"Yeah?" I can't hear the person on the other line but by his reaction it isn't good. "Okay I'll be there in an hour- no. I don't have it all right now I need to get it... hell no... I can E-transfer it." Grey glances at me before staring back at the road. "Fuck, alright cash it is. I'll be there in ten. Well I'm twenty minutes away, I can't magically teleport there." He rolls his eyes.

"Ten minutes Cujo, I'll be there."

He hangs up and tosses his phone to the side. He makes a sharp U-turn causing me to grip onto the door. He reaches over my lap and opens the glove box. Cash spills out. "I need you to count out $50,000. I think I only have 30k in there," Grey says.

My head snaps to Grey. "Rubber bands on the back seat. Count by a thousand. Now Harley," he demands. I reach into the backseat grabbing the rubber bands. What the fuck have I gotten myself into?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

763K 14.7K 26
They had known each other forever, she was his younger sister's best friend, hell he had viewed her as another little sister. He was the bad boy, the...
93.8K 3K 44
Aaron has everything. He even knows other people that do. But he notices one girl out of every other girl that is different. She looks like she has e...
575K 14.5K 41
(I WROTE THIS AT 14 YEARS OLD, IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SO DON'T ATTACK ME Y'ALL FOR HOW BAD IT IS IDEK WHY IT HAS READS BUT LMFAO) "Because Heaven," he s...
814K 29.6K 51
"THE STORY CONTINUES..." β€’ β€’ β€’ "Campbell West, I am happy to announce the you are now Campbell West Cade,"...