Coming Home to You - A Tale o...

By Kininaru_dango

Tian comes back to Chief and they have their moments together. We can never get enough of Chief Phupha and... More

The Morning Breakfast
Finally Together
Sweet Little Things
"Let me get a taste"
Breakfast By The Pool
Falling in Deep
Falling In Deep - II
Going to the Market
~Spellbound~
Of Mu wan and Daffodils
May the Wind take my Heart Away
A Day Off
Comfort me
Mom and Dad
Overflowing
Not An Update# Moonlight Chicken #CupidsLastWish
The Morning After

That One Annoying Friend

1.2K 31 6
By Kininaru_dango

"Tiannnnnnnnnnnnn"

"Ahhh, Tul stop yelling!" Tian faked a frown and covered his ears like the kid looking at Tul relaxed fully on his white couch at home and grinning widely at Tian.

"Hoo! Look at my dear friend being annoyed. That's old my friend. How's it going over there??? How many beds did you horny hornbills break ??"

It didn't matter to Tul that he was loud and was on speaker and that Huwhna was sitting next to Tian in the jeep. Chief Huwhna silently smirked in his seat with his hands tightening over the steering.

"Shiyaaa! A'Tul do you have to be so loud? You're on speaker!"

"It's a video call and like I care. Bleh"

" Ahh, no sense of delicacy whatsoever."

"None when it comes to my sworn bro. I'll use every chance to tease you. Especially now that you've fallen for that handsome hunk of a man. I won't let it go ever. Admit defeat na kraaabbbb. Hahaha."

Tian was used to his stupidity but not in front of Chief, he wanted Chief Phupha to have a good impression of his friend and he on the other side is running his mouth unnecessarily. Tian could only sigh.

"Ah ah, so bashful now, are we. Is it because your future hubby is next to you you can't give the details?? Hmmm?"

Tian's eyes widened at the words Hubyy and so did Huwhna's, he was anticipating what Tian's response would be.

"Yes Tul, yes you idiot take a hint. Oh, wait you can't because you're an idiot." Alas, Tian didn't notice the fireworks that erupted in Huwhna's chess but they reflected in his eyes as he smiled sweetly at Tian. 'So he didn't deny it.'

"Tian back up your face a little let me take a look at you."

'What now?" Tian did as he was told.

"Something's different?"

"Ah, yea. Like how should I put it, hmm" Tul closed his eyes pretending to think while rubbing his chin.

"You're positively glowing? And ho ho my dear friend. I get it now." Tul notoriously winked at him.

"Aye Tul!!!!! If you don't stop right now, you'll be in deep trouble."

'Okie Okke,,, Let me say Hi to chief Phupha."

"Fine. Be nice."

Tian adjusted the focus so that the two of them were in the frame. He placed the phone on the deck. "Hooooo, look at you too. Naarakkk naa! Hello Chief Phupha, How are you? And how are you handling the brat? If he's too much work send him packing."

"Hello Tul, glad to see that you're doing well." Chief Phupha smiled.

"I'm good krab. Good to know that you're doing well. Can't wait to meet you Chief, we have so much to talk about. I'm.just waiting for this friend of mine to introduce us formally now."

"Well, you guys met at the airport."

"Yes briefly. It was awkward with your parents around and then your dad talked to him while I kept your mom company when she kept bombarding me with questions about why her son was being kissed and hugged so lovingly at the airport. Also, I did give him my contact but we never talked."

"Ahem Ahem Tul my bro, Is this a conservation to be had over a phone call? Let's save it for later na?" Tian flashes a smile and Tul knew one when it hid malice behind it.

"ah, Okie Okie na. Khor thoad khrup Chief. It's just that I want us to be friends."

" I also look forward to meeting you Tul." Chief Phupha chimed in.

"Yeah, awesome. Chief."

"Anyways Tul what about the things I requested?"

"All ready my friend, dispatched them this morning, should reach you in two days because they're being personally delivered."

"Oww okie... You're a lifesaver. Thank you."

"A simple thanks won't do. You owe me dinner and drinks.

"Sure, let's plan an outing." "A Tul did you know that my parents were planning to come to Pha Phun Dao?"

"Well not exactly, when I visited Your place to get the things you requested, I had a little chat with your mom and I kinda sensed that she might visit you along with your father." 

 Tul couldn't see their intertwined fingers resting on Chief's thigh.
"Look, bro, let's not drag this anymore. You know how much your family dotes on you especially your mom, you've been away for two years and as soon as you come home you return to Pha Phun Dao. It's natural for her to miss you and want you to spend time at home. I'm further surprised they let you go in the first place.  Anyway, listen Tian, sit down and calmly discuss things when they arrive and you have chief by your side. I know how important this is to you and don't worry, I'm sure it's a friendly visit to see if you're doing well and to inspect Huwhna.Hahaha."

Tian felt guilty but he did promise to come home after spending time with Huwhma and finishing the midterm with the kids. 'Was I too selfish? Is this going to reflect badly on Chief?"

Tian's smiled dropped to a minimum as he was worried. Phupha squeezed their fingers deeper assuring him that it will be fine. 

"Tian it's alright. Don't overthink. Also, your mom gladly helped me pack stuff you need for your stay so no need to push yourself over it and make a big deal out of it. I mean it and also it isn't at the same time."

"Thank you, Tul."

"Ayyye don't sound so down. Where was the guy who was threatening me earlier unbeknownst to Chief?"

"Hey! I didn't do that."

Tul stuck his tongue childishly mocking his friend. "If you need anything let me know. Okie?"

"Yea okie krab" 

"Good."

"Will catch up later?"

"Sure bud"

"Byee Tul."

"Bye Chief, see ya Tian."

Later it was a quick call to his elder sister Phi Aom.  It was his two little nephews who answered the call. "Uncle Tian!"

"Hello, Arthit and Aroon. How are my two little demons doing?" 

"Fine Uncle. Thank you for all the chocolates and presents you bought for us. We love you."

"I love you guys too."

"When are you coming to visit us? Take us to the beach!"

"Aye nong, you spoil them too much." Tian's elder sister joined the conversation and settled next to them. The two kids leapt onto her lap trying to fit into a comfortable position. 

"Sawadee Kharp Phi. How are you?"

"I'm good Tian."

"Are you adjusting well?"

"Yes, Phi."

"Are you with Chief Phupha?" 

"Ah yes Phi."

Phi Aom liked Huwhna and invited him to come to their place for dinner. Arthit and Aroon were excited to talk to Chief Phupha and they wanted to play with and be pampered by their Uncle Tian. They knew that their uncle could never say 'No' to their twin twinkle aura. So they kept making a  list of demands that need to be fulfilled when they next meet. 

"Tian come meet us soon na. You should stay at least for a week. And drag Chief with you if you're scared that you'll miss him." 

"Ahh Phi. It's not like that. Don't embarrass me. I will visit and also bring Huwhna if he doesn't mind."

"okie Krab."

"Bye Phi. Give my regards to Phi Kiet." 

"Definitely." 

"Bye Arthit and Aroon. Stay naughty."

"Aye Nong!"

"Miss you Phi, Bye!"

When the call ended a sense of satisfaction spread over Tian face. He was grateful for all that he had right now, his family, his friends, his Huwhna. He made a mental note to give merit at the temple at the next chance possible to express his gratitude. 

"You've got a wonderful family there Tian."   Chief started the engine and they were headed towards the next closest town. It was a little farther away from the city centre but that town had better stores and supplies. 

"We're not so perfect but it's still us. And you could be a part of it. If you'd like."  The last words sounded like a soft muffle. 

"Thank you, Tian. I'd very much like that."

"Huwhna had Tul's number but you never talked?" 

"I wanted to ask him if you were doing well in America. But then I thought if I did that my resolve might waver and I might end up wanting for more.I- didn't want you to lose focus."

"Well we did talk on a few occasions and I knew every time I heard your voice I desperately wanted to see your face. I did study what I wanted to and came back to you, that's all that matters. Let's be selfish as much as we can." 

"Oh Tian.  When we go home tonight you better prepare yourself."     

"Eh? Why are you giving me one of your  devilish smiles?!!" 

Huwhna kept smiling as the cool wind ruffled their hairs. Tian turned away from him leaning towards the window his ears bright red and his heart thumping.

 Tul- Tian's bestie.

Arthit, Aroon and Aom. Tian's nephews and elder sister. Kiet is Phi Aom's husband.  Their names in the fanfic are different from that of the novel and the series.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

606K 13.6K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
88.4K 4.9K 34
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
2.3M 116K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC